What went so [spoiler] right? [/spoiler]

Not your spoilers

Good coop conception + good gunplay.
t. almost 600 hours in kf

The weapons, sound effects, gritty atmosphere(the mod was better with this), and dosh jokes. If the enemies retained their same design in the mod or looked morbid/grotesque and amazing mutilation, it would have been the best.

1. Lodsagrind to keep you playing it
2. Guns felt great to shoot
3. Ran on toasters
4. Cheap as fuck

Kinda sucked that they started selling weapon packs near the end of the game's lifespan, but that was inevitable given their track record with RO2.

I have to keep playing on normal or easy or whatever it is because I keep getting kicked before I even spawn in everything else. Feels bad man.

You're probably logging on servers which require a certain level. There's no reason to play hell on earth with low level class.

Killing Floor isn't my main game so there's actually no way for me to grind enough to get higher, but shooting grenades at everything at late waves is too easy as much fun as it is.

>Playing as Commando with the LMG and M16 in KF2
>It ain't me starts playing

You can reach lvl4 fairly fast and you won't be kicked anymore.

Charmingly awful voice acting can go a long way.

>Killing Floor thread
>Not KF2
Lol get with the times and stop being autistic, it's literally the same game with better graphics and sprinting

why so many people are mad at KF2?
is it really that bad, what's wrong with it? i want to try it when i got better machine

The style is differend.

Sprinting ruined the game

not much. most arguments against kf2 boil down to 'muh banter' and 'muh SJW developer', the game itself is much better in pretty much every regard, except content maybe.

>boo hoo why can't i sit in one place for an hour and weld doors forever

KF1 technically had sprinting in form of pulling out your knife

1. Early Access already had a bad name by the time KF2 was put out on it
2. Feature creep was fucking unbearable
3. Content came out slower than old people fucking
4. They put a goddamn skins economy in the game while still in beta
5. Damage resistances ruined weapon balances for a while
6. Several classes were pointless for the longest time due to lack of weapons
7. Final boss wasn't as good as the Patriarch

Granted, most of those aren't the case anymore, but for a long time there was a lot of shitty parts to the game that didn't just involve muh SJW.

I'll buy KF2 once it gets to KF1 prices like $7.50 or Humble Bundle hand outs

it's not a bad game, if I ignore small shitty things like micro-transaction and slow updates.

But somehow, KF1 feels more "right", I don't know why but it feels better.

much obliged anons
i want to play some enemy wave multiplayer again i have much fun in mass effect 3, killing floor and payday 2 so i think it will be very enjoyable game

This isn't the argument at all, it was:
The game isn't bad, it's just coming together extremely slowly. I don't mind skins, it's neat to get drops after a match, and if someone wants to buy the skins, that's fine too. Putting skins in an incomplete game is what pissed people off. The game had like 4 maps, and we find out they were putting "dev hours" into making a TF2-style Crate/Key system.

It's not as fun as KF1 is, but I have a feeling it's because of how much time we all put into KF1. It's essentially the same game, but with better graphics and less predictable ZED movement.

I think one good thing to be said about it being in Early Access is that people quickly found out all the garbage mechanics didn't work as they were being implemented so devs were able to cut/change them instead of spending massive amounts working on them and having to gut it all after release.
On the other hand doing it like this really fucks with the general excitement the public has for the game.

KF2's complete lack of atmosphere ruins it for me.

Frankly, the mod shits on it in terms of sound design.

It's not terrible, but some people don't like it because it's different from Killing Floor 1. Some people don't like the graphics and how everything looks so shiny and new, preferring the older aesthetics that are more run down and gritty. It's what you'd expect in a "zombie" scenario of shit being fucked up and unkempt. Others absolutely despise the fact they introduced the zed economy during early access which is just weapon skins and character cosmetics. I personally disliked it, but end up selling the dumb shit for others to do whatever the fuck they do with them. There are people who got upset because the character banter was reduced to accommodate console players as the game was developed with Playstation 4 in mind, hence why they removed the whole running faster with knife and added a sprint ala call of duty. It's also why they removed a chunk of the voice commands and adding in a limited voice wheel. Then there are the people who were playing from the beginning and had to endure the changes that tripwire made. Resistances, teleporting zeds, doors having an invisible health bar that would cause them to break regardless of the weld percentage and things of that nature. Mind you most of those changes have been dialed back by the devs, even though they insisted the game was better with the changes they'd made. Supposedly going so far as to argue with the community that they as the devs knew better as to how to make their game and balance it. I have this in spoilers because I never looked into the forums to see if it was true or not, so take it with a grain of salt.

Cont. 1/2

You have the people who dislike the game because of a comment that the president of Tripwire himself made, not a developer as is said everytime this is brought up, about how the way women being portrayed in video games is damaging how women irl are being affected or some bullshit to that effect. You take that argument however you want, but the pictures of the comment he made are posted in most the kf2 threads that pop up on Sup Forums from time to time, hell you could probably google tripwire sjw forums and find it yourself. Then you have others that are pissy because of the slow trickle of content as well. Lots of reasons why people shit on the game, but in the end the game itself is still Killing Floor at its core, kill zeds, buy gear between waves and then finally try to kill the boss. Your call on whether or not you buy it fag.

Everything up until they started adding DLC only weapons was great, that was the moment where Tripwire became shit-tier.

> I have this in spoilers because I never looked into the forums to see if it was true or not, so take it with a grain of salt.
If you look at forums during any update that streamlines something or makes something easier, you can expect the extreme neckbeards to instantly start flamewars and rise on the barricades because it makes "muh 6 man HoE" easier.

>1. Lodsagrind to keep you playing it

KF1s grind was shit

Never had any desire to visit the forums so I wouldn't know, but at the same time is it wrong for the "extreme neckbeards" to get pissy because the game is made easier? Everyone is entitled to their opinions, of course the issue most have with their opinions is that they are unable or decide not to discuss them in a calm and collected manner and prefer to fly off the fucking handle and shit all over the place. I enjoy the game myself, but all things being the same, I'd take Killing Floor 1 over 2 any time. I like having my pistol side arms with m14 on SS.

It's not wrong for the neckbeards to get angry if something is made easier, because they mainly play in their own groups. But back when Barrett was released for KF1, they threw a shitfit because it made 6 man HoE too easy because you could kill Scrakes with ~2 headshots using it. Since they play in their own groups they could just not use said weapon instead of bitching and moaning until it got nerfed so hard the gun ain't really worth using anymore.

KF was fun cause it was something new. Not many coop wave based games at the time and L4D gave everyone the itch to rape NPC face with friends. KF was different enough from L4D to merit the purchase and its pve was arguably much more fun than L4D, which shined in PVP.

Now theres been like 60 games with the same premise. KF2 has a tacked on pvp mode ive never even played cause every server i looked at at the time was empty. And worst of all barely anything has changed from part 1 unless you are a diehard that knows every detail and trick of part 1. KF2 is almost a copy of 1 but with better graphics. Everyones tired of that shit. Theres barely any new monsters or anything that makes it more interesting than part 1.

Voice command menu wasnt shit, could say 'youre all fut coat no knickers bitches' without hurting somebodies feefees, devs weren't trying to pull a fast one with jewcrates, it just was a solid package. I mean it wasn't always but you get the idea.