Launch a new video game console

>Launch a new video game console.
>The best games on it are decades old Neo Geo games.
This raises two questions.
Why did Nintendo allow this to happen?
Which is the best Neo Geo game currently on the Switch and why is it King of Fighters '98?

nice bait

but real talk the gamecube had a even shittier lineup and people on Sup Forums love that console, so even if the switch had a bad launch it wont mean shit 6 months from now

Wait there's a virtual console already?

>Mexicans

>Mexicans

You're welcome OP

Nah, it's just the same Hamster ports that Xbox One and PS4 have.
Neo Turf Masters is coming out tomorrow as well.

But it will, because if you haven't noticed, a hefty chunk of the games set for release are ports of older games, like Skyrim HD and Disgaea 5, with the former being a port of a port. Companies like NIS and Bethesda throw these things on there because it costs virtually nothing and it pads out the library. This way, when the Switch inevitably fails, they wouldn't have dropped a ton of money on a doomed console.

PS1 and PS2 also had virtually no games on launch, think about it

gr8 b8 m8

>used to own metal slug on PSX
>it came with an art gallery
>the art gallery was full of weird art and colorfull waifus
>used to fantasize about what the future would bring to metal slug and videogames in general while listening to metal slug OST

if only i knew... if only i knew...

>this entire post
Where do you base your facts from?

Just bought Waku Waku 7 and World Heroes Perfect yesterday actually.

Here's my impressions on all the Neo Geo games I own so far:

KoF '98: Huge roster and the ability to choose 3 from any team is a nice plus on top of lots of color choices per character. Inputs are abit difficult to pull off for some characters, especially the supers. Great gameplay and visuals overall.

Metal Slug 3: Plays just like I remember it in the arcade. Pulled it out to do 2 player co-op with bro-in-law and had a blast on table top mode.

World Heroes Perfect: I remember playing the prequel game to this on SNES, the roster size is considerably larger and has wacky characters with relatively easy to do inputs (except for the desperation moves). Visuals and audio are on point. Would recommend.

Waku Waku 7: an obscure anime fighter where quality takes over quantity for the roster size. Lost of personality to the characters and inputs are given to you at character select for special moves, very convenient and fun.

Would any anons recommend the other Neo Geo games (KoF '94, Shock Troopers, 'Nam 1975, Neo Turf Masters which comes out tomorrow)?

Here's hoping ACA expands to more than just Neo Geo games on Switch.

Oh yeah, also I love that you have so much customization at your fingertips, from choosing which game mode (Japan or US), to video filters, control schemes, timers, amount of rounds to win, level of difficulty, a digital manual for each game, a savestate feature for if you wanted to continue from where you left off, etc.

Just lots of extras available to you to mess with.

Does MS3 have the cool stuff that it had on the PS2?

Apparently Neo Turf Masters is supposed to be a really good game. I had a look at the gameplay and it looks right up my alley so I'll probably pick it up tomorrow.

>Here's hoping ACA expands to more than just Neo Geo games on Switch.
Same here. The standard ACA series they have on the PS4 has some great titles in it.

Nah. It's literally the arcade version.

Actually, a few of those ACA ports are Switch exclusive currently:

>KoF '98
>Metal Slug 3
>Shock Troopers
>Waku Waku 7
>World Heroes Pefect

Though you could play some on Fightcade and emulate the rest I'm sure.

>they wouldn't have dropped a ton of money on a doomed console.

What makes you say that now?

It's too early to call it one way or the other, and if you were to see the reception as it stands, it's very positively received to the point that Nintendo is doubling down on production of hardware.

>Knowing this feel all too well

Everything was like this back then with Japanese games.

When it comes to a game like Disgaea 5 it doesn't matter to me that it's an old port, because it's finally in the form factor I want. I put like 20 hours in it on PS4, but I think i'm going to put like 200 hours on the Switch, same with a game like Stardew Valley, and series like Animal Crossing that only really hugely took off when they moved to handheld.

Nintendo should focus on games that should have been portable, instead of games that are just popular. Give me Recettear, Darkest Dungeon and Risk of Rain and I won't complain about ports because I would be playing those games in a way that adds value.

Waku Waku and World Heroes
I almost want a Switch now just to play those everywhere.

>Getting exited over games you've been able to play for free on emulators since the late 90s

With that said, what a great console/arcade system, and what great games. If only SNK had a better business sense in order to stay afloat into modernity. Just like Sega, the wrong kid died. Here's hoping these ports run better than the dotEmu shit they've been throwing our way on PC, expecting us for pay for it.

>Here's hoping these ports run better than the dotEmu shit they've been throwing our way on PC
What's wrong with those?
Because the Switch version of Metal Slug 3 has delayed weapon sound effects and unnatural slowdown.

Well it's nice to supoprt obscure games that largely would've been ignored if SNK didn't allow Hamster to work with their games to bring them to new platforms.

Now more people in the modern era of games know that World Heroes and Waku Waku 7 exist outside of modern anime fighters like Guilty Gear, Blazblue and UNEIL.

>tfw neo turf masters soon
Fuck YES

The Neo Geo games with delayed sound effects and lighting issues got patched recently actually.

Not sure about slow downs, did it ever slow down when there were too many enemies on screen in the original arcade version?

Level 3 I believe had a moment like that when I played it yesterday but outside of that it was mostly fine.

>but real talk the gamecube had a even shittier lineup
What the fuck are you smoking, Gamecube had four 8/10s at launch (Luigi's Mansion, Rogue Squadron 2, Super Monkey Ball, Wave Race) and two 9/10s a few weeks after launch (Melee, Pikmin). The Switch would kill to have a launch lineup like this, it won't even have this many good games by the end of the year.

Audio issues, slow down issues, controller issues, lack of options, etc. They're a shit company that generally does shoddy work that's vastly inferior to simply pirating these games and playing them on an emulator.

I doubt your support goes in the pocket of those responsible for making and bringing these games into the light these days.

Metal Slug still has delayed sound effects.
I checked it after the patch and the gun sound effect and doesn't fire on time.

And I haven't played MS3 on the original hardware but I've been checking Metal Slug 3 on the Switch against footage of it running on the original hardware (and I did make sure the footage was of original hardware and not emulated) and there is heavy slowdown which does not appear as severe on the original hardware.

WORLD HEROES:
The only series where Jack the Ripper can fight an off-brand Joe Montana

>Nah. It's literally the arcade version.
Why the fuck waste all that good shit of their original console releases.

Needs homebrew emulators asap

I miss my PSP.