Anyone else sick of this?

Anyone else sick of this?

>want to play game
>put disk in
>INSTALLING GAME/UPDATE 55 GIGS
>5mbs down; 3 hours later
>left Xbone alone and played OW or BoTW
>Come back (Install Stopped 5%)

Seriously what the fuck. I thought the point of consoles was plug and play.

Then get better internet.

Should have clarified.

Can't get better internet and in this case it won't even install the disk portion.

That's part of what I like about Switch and its carts, no need to deal with that bullshit anymore. Still have loading times though, sadly. Not particularly long, but still there.

go to network settings, disconnect wired/wireless and set offline, insert disc

I dunno man, I put Nioh in and it just worked, there was an update but it's only mandatory for using network features

OP here
I like the Switch for the same reason desu.
So nice to "seamlessly" switch between the two games I have for it.

Yeah, it's pretty fast. With Wii U it takes some time to even boot up a game. Switch just seems snappier.

I don't have an Xbone so I don't know how fast it is in that respect. Haven't played my cousin's PS4 in a while either so I forgot how fast that console is in terms of switching between games.

Even with good internet, the PS4 wireless chipset is complete shit. Wouldn't be surprised if XBone was the same.

I bought the Xbone to have multiplats easily transportable between my apartment and my parents house.

Didn't work out too well since a single patch uses all my memory.

What, you have to install things on your consoles nowadays?
>t. hasn't owned a console since the Playstation

Dayum shame

>ownSwitch
>own Wii U
>own Xbox 360
>own Wii

Hmmmm didn't have to install shit on those.

Turn off WiFi
Insert disk
Console will install from disk
Turn on WiFi
Download small patch.

I agree it's retarded.

That was a legitimate question, you don't need to be faggot about it.

this

Does this happen on the switch? It's a main reason I don't like modern consoles but I kind of want a switch. I mean are game updates mandatory?

Quit buying garbage

Pretty fucking simple if you ask me

Sorry I assume everything is condescending sarcasm here.

Yeah it really sucks dick. Basically started with PS3 and now the Xbone and PS4 do it too.

at least you didn't have to pay upwards of $3000, get a phd in electrical engineering to assemble it and don't have to spend an hour each day fixing, updating or downloading one of many hundreds of drivers.

I assumed it was sarcasm as well. Hard to tell nowadays.

there are game updates but they are more on scale with the last gen in terms of size so you don't really wait at all

Eh I mean I have a PC too

So like, let's say I buy an Xbox and a game, I come home, set up the shit, and I still have to download the game on the console? Fuck that, I already do that on my computer, the sole point of consoles to me is you turn it on, you grab a controller and you're playing.

I was able to immediately start up Super Bomberman R and Fast Racing RMX without updates. It's pretty nice. On top of that loading times are shorter now.

Exactly thus the point of my thread.

It is total ass. I picked this thing up cheap on amazon. Like seriously $250 for a console and a big name multiplat??? Fuck YEAH.

I get it in my house; turn it on, and BAM I had to wait 18 hours to install the three games I had for it.

So the updates are mandatory? Is there any way to change that in settings?

Welcome to the new age, user. Xbone and PS4 are both like this. The PS4 is nice and sometimes lets you play offline once the initial install is finished while the updates download in the background, and I'm fairly certain the Xbone does too.

You can turn off internet but it will still want to install the fucking game. Granted that takes a little less time.

>buying games with ebin ranked multiplayer
>internet in your console on your first playthroug
why

OP here

Oh I'm very aware they are both like this since I have both of them.

It's just, I bought the Xbox to play Halo and Gears and ffs I can't even get Gears to Install. I just gave up.

Yes and ignore all the bug fixes, dlc, day one patches, etc.

Really smart.

>inb4 "DLC? WHY WOULD YOU BUY DLC??? >"IMPLYING IMPLYING"

I feel you, man. All I can really say is be happy Microsoft didn't go through with their initial launch plans for the Bone if your internet is that bad. Hardwire if you can and just be patient. When I set up my PS4 pro I was in the same boat as you and I have a 300mbps connection - Sony's servers are just dogshit.

Are you kidding me? So there's absolutely NO way to stop updates without having to disconnect from the net? Jesus christ consoles have fallen hard

Yeah, consoles have changed. On top of mandatory updates there's updates that fix buggy online, or glitches or other shit that shouldn't have been present to begin with.

Consoles have basically become gimped PCs at this point. There's little to differentiate the two. Oh, and the real kicker, hardware released mid-generation, like PS4 Pro. Sort of feels like you're buying a new graphics card every 3 years.

I've had my PS4 wired since day one.

Shiiiiet how did this even happen?

Yeah I'm serious consoles are ass now.

I really wish they weren't because although I definitely play PC the most I love how fucking comfy a console is.

I'm thinking about trading in mine.

I wouldn't go that far yet.

I love how small the XboneS is.

I move between two houses pretty often so It is awesome to just throw it into my backpack.

This actually triggers the fuck out of me. I haven't bought a console in a while but I can't believe some people spent $300 on some of these consoles knowing about this shit. I will never spend more than $250 on a modern console if this is what I'm in for

There's just not that many games on it that I like.

Started with 7th gen consoles. PS2, Gamecube and I think Xbox even didn't have you put up with any of this. I don't know where the blame lies entirely, but that's when all of this shit started. Paid online as well, that lovely little feature started in the 7th gen. Now all 3 are doing it. Internet browsers, youtube, netflix, all of that began during that time period.

Switch is a relatively no frills platform, so it's a step in the right direction. I just don't like that Nintendo is charging for online now.

Right I could see that.

I'm a slut for Halo I don't even care if it is good or not it just relaxes me to play it.

>install this $60 30 frames per second 1080p game so you can pay to play it online

bravo consolecucks

Just stop, man. We need to rise above console wars if consumers are ever going to get gaming to a better state. People are so occupied with console wars, we didn't do anything when paid online, mandatory updates, day one dlc, etc were introduced and made the norm

I was pretty blown away when I first heard about games crashing to the desktop (or whatever the fuck it's called on consoles ) with the new consoles. I've been PC only since the 360 and never imagined consoles would get that bad.

Shaming consolecucks is the only medicine

people don't even realize that 30fps is jerky as fuck, devs are lazy because of that

But PC has issues too. DRM, Microtransactions, Shitty ports, etc. We all need to come together and fight against these bad devs

>DRM
>microtransactions
>shitty ports
>we need to come together and fight against these bad devs

Don't

give

them

money

>Started with 7th gen consoles. PS2, Gamecube and I think Xbox even didn't have you put up with any of this. I don't know where the blame lies entirely, but that's when all of this shit started. Paid online as well, that lovely little feature started in the 7th gen.

I thought consoles would just sort of level off at 7th generation, but they actually managed to make them even worse.

I love you. Now I can play sunset overdrive

>sunset overdrive
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

A friend and I wanted to play Gears of War 4 on his xbone one day. He hadn't turned the system on since the last time we played together (why would he lol).
The xbox itself had to update (took forever). The game had to update (took forever). BOTH CONTROLLERS HAD TO UPDATE (TOOK FOREVER).
FUCK OFF MICROJEW REEEEE I'LL NEVER THROW MONEY AT THIS ABORTION OF GAMING.

Perhaps

But PC is the ONLY unwalled garden

Getting a console these days your just asking to getting fucked in the butt

>unwalled
>good
Hi Merkel

I'm genuinely curious since PS4 lets you play games offline without requiring an update
Does Xbone force you to update without letting you play?

They are slowly becoming closer and closer to a PC, the Switch is the only console that is actually plug and play.

i have the day one edition and it has no problems