MHXX dominates Japan, spikes 3DS sales by 179%

3DS Is Here To Stay! Also RIP Vita. Praise Kek!

I don't understand what elevens see in Monster Hunter. Especially on 3DS.

MHXX is one of the lowest selling opening week for a mainline MH game.

For comparison, the PSP games Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd did 1 million and 2 million respectively.

This isn't about Monster Hunter, the point is it's selling actual 3DS units.

>mainline
XX isn't mainline. It's the Capcom special edition of a greatest hits edition developed by their B-team.

>PS4 pro
Sheeeeesh

>xbox one - 135

wow are these stats for real

still declining in sales compared to previous MH entries

Who cares about hardware sales, game sales are what matter.

For every person that bought a PS4 Pro, 6 people bought the 6 year old 3DS lol

What else is new?

Do you people never get tired repeating the same shit every once in a while? Also beating on the dead horse that is the vita still in the year 2017 is just pathetic.

>800k when ever earlier entry did over 1.5M

lmao 3ds is dead and so is monhun

Monster Hunter 5 on Switch is going to fucking sell like hotcakes.

>still declining in sales compared to previous MH entries
Sure, but that's like saying Pokemon Colosseum was "declining in sales" compared to mainline Pokemon.

It also implies to be relevant, without actually having any relevance. There are too many environmental factors at play to say that the series is in decline.

Capcom forecasted 2 milion copies sold before the end of the fiscal year, but it struggled to reach even only one milion.
The game is a flop.

>Who cares about hardware sales, game sales are what matter.
Well then, it's a good thing a single Nintendo title sales eclipsed everything Sony had to offer combined

Your face is pathetic.

Monster Hunter 5 on any platform will sell like hotcakes. MH fans don't fanboy consoles or handhelds, they go where the games are.

>Praise Kek!

Wrong board bro

Nintendo can only sell by rehasing the same two fucking shitty brands.

Monster Hunter 5 is going to be multiplatform, senpai.

All I get from this picture is that Nintendo has almost 0 third party while Sony gets all the third party support.

>Capcom anticipated 2M sold by the end of the first month
>Barely 900K after a week

lmao

I got a 3DS last week. I looked up the entire library and downloaded 30 games from it. Kinda disappointing but whatever. Then I read that I can install GBA games. I installed around 90 GBA games. The GBA library is solid but nothing special but it made the 3DS that much more valuable. Add a handful of GB and GBC games and I had a solid handheld device on my hands.

Then I remembered that I could play DS games too on this device. I handpicked Over 180 DS, the library covered pretty much any genre. I almost came just by selecting the games alone since I couldn't believe how extremely good the DS library is.

news flash: monhun sales well in otakuland on a handhled.
next up: people die when they are killed

>sells worse than the PSP games when the PSP was at the height of its piracy scene
Monster Hunter is dying.

Does MH play well on 3DS? I hated the PSP ones but playing them on a PC feels great.

>3DS Is Here To Stay
Not a good thing, kill yourself. That we still are forced to play on this shitty device with awful controls and a 320p screen in this day and age is just pathetic. Nintendo needs to die.

If you didn't like the psp you'll hate the 3ds. It's even more uncomfortable.

>shitty device
no
>awful controls
no
>320p screen
I welcome a new model with an updated screen
>Nintendo needs to die
literally not going to happen in our lifetime, deal with it

Either they make a proper 3DS successor or the 3DS stays.
Fuck the Nintendo Bitch.

made me reply

Don't the new models have some kind of camera stick though?

The left analog for movement + left dpad for camera is what made the PSP ones feel like shit.

Just rename to board to nintendogaf and be done with it.

feels like shit of course
240p screen, stiff c stick makes camera movement awkward, have to use monster auto lock so camera becomes decent, and the game tires your hands and eyes after playing on a small device for so long

the c stick on new 3DS models is garbage
in order to make the camera decent in monster hunter for 3ds, they had to implement a auto aim feature for the camera.

Not a mainline, per say. More of an expansion pack with the original game bundled in. Plus, this is, what, the fifth game now on the 3DS? Franchise fatigue might be settling in.

>It's even more uncomfortable.
>He didn't get the extra physical $30 DLC to make the controls better.

It plays great, I'm currently playing 4U and Gens for the first time on my 3DS XL and can easily play for 4 hours with no issues. Anyone replying that the c-stick sucks or the screen sucks has never played it and is probably a butthurt Vita owner, the 3DS screen is far from the best, but Nintendo works wonders with it.

Sad.

3P on PSP and 3P on PC with a 360 controller are night and day. I don't know how MH fans suffer through the shittier controls.

I'm tempted to try Frontier Z

Even without the second stick, the controls are way better. You can point the camera towards the monster with L and put a dpad to control the camera on the lower screen.

That the device is shitty as fuck with gimmicks like 3D that no one cares about and that severely gimped the hardware is a fact and not an opinion.

That the slide pad is awful, the dpad in a shitty position and the shoulder buttons second rate is a fact, not an opinion.

That the resolution wasn't fixed in the countless revisions is a fact, not an opinion.

>poltard is also a toddler
You dont belong there

>That the device is shitty as fuck with gimmicks
sorry, this is your opinion, the 3D is great on some games
> That the slide pad is awful
Again, your opinion, I think all the controls are perfectly fine.

>the 3D is great on some games
This is your opinion. It's a fact that most people don't give a fuck about the 3D.

Nintendo made a 3DS without its greatest gimmick called 2DS and most modern 3DS games don't even properly support the 3D which says enough about how important that gimmick is. Literally everyone would have picked a higher resolution over the 3D gimmick and yes, the 3D gimmick is at fault why we have such a shitty outdated resolution.

>Again, your opinion, I think all the controls are perfectly fine.
That's just your opinion mate. It's a fact that the slide pad is completely shit to any other analog stick in this world.

>It's a fact that most people
Now you're just talking out your ass, you don't know what most people want
>most modern 3DS games don't even properly support the 3D
This is a straight up lie, just because Pokemon doesn't implement 3D doesn't automatically mean MOST modern games don't use it, you're full of shit
>That's just your opinion mate
I never said they were anything other than opinions, you're the one trying to proclaim all your misinformed opinions as fact, retard.

>implying most people care about the 3D feature
Opinion immediately invalidated. I literally didn't hear a single word of praise for the 3D after the first few months after release of the original 3DS, simply because no one gave a shit about that gimmick after that.

Nintendo did such an awful job in managing the 3DS, it's pathetic how much a device suffers because of its incompetent company. Things like announcing a new 3DS with exclusive games and all that ever got released was one shitty port, it's just so pathetic that no words could capture the correct amount.

MH sells like shit on consoles.

I could almost see this happening though if they still care about grabbing the western audience.

MH was a 3ds exclusive because it allowed them to recycle shitty sd Ps2-tier assets. Now that the new Nintendo handheld a is port-friendly hd machine there's literally no reason for them to not go full multiplatform. Either that or they'll just stick with the 3ds.

Multiplatform as in Switch+ 3ds?

Multiplatform as Switch/Ps4/maybe Steam (in the west).

What's the best MH to emulate?

>emulate
kys

Tri on Wii sold great, same with Portable 3rd on PS3.

Whats wrong with that?

Buy the fucking game and support the creators

I did buy it on PSP, but it's better emulated.

This is pretty good. At this rate, Nintendo might even extend 3DS' life by a whole extra year right?

Is this one better than emulating Tri on dolphin?

The switch doesn't have anything to do with the wii u OR the 3DS, user!

Don't you remember the DS? The switch is just a third pillar!

pfffthehehehh.

They can say "third pillar" all they like but we both know Nintendo is down to one pillar now

>RIP Vita

4th place isn't that bad though

post robo mantis

>multiplatform
>Switch, 3ds

>RIP Vita
>still getting games

uuh

>t. delusional Ninty fangirl

Ryozo hates the idea of going multiplatform as it would split up the community.
Favoritism and the success of MH means he can do whatever he feels like.

>PS4 is going to surpass Switch sales next week

DELETE THIS! WE ARE RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING! IT WILL SAVE THE PS4 JUST LIKE THE VITA TV WILL SAVE THE VITA

This man understands his thermodynamics