b
e

g
o
o
d

It`ll be good but it`ll sell like shit.
or worse
It'll be decent but hailed as the collectathon of the millenium by normies bandwagoning nostalgiafaggotry

Is that official? I hate how it's a bastard child of 90's pre-rendered CG and 90's in-game graphics. Especially given that textures didn't really have runtime anti-aliasing on them at all.

it's not official it's just a fan made picture.

7/10

"Ehh, it's okay"

And then everyone will forget about it a week later

Looks like it's trying too hard to cater to nostalgia. I don't like how it blatantly copies Banjo either. Instead of innovating and evolving platformer collectathons we get a Chinese-branded copy-paste job. Pathetic.

i want to beliebe

It's gonna be ok

>fans dying for a banjo sequel
>originals devs create a spiritual successor to banjo since they cant use that character
>people complain its too much like banjo

sometimes i feel like people dont know what they really want.

Well, that's good to hear. After that Starfox Command screenshot the other day I was expecting the worst.

Pretty much.

All gameplay/music shown so far hasn't been "bad" per se, but it definitely doesn't look like it's going to be great either. I will most likely wind up being just okay by taking a mixture of both good things and bad things from Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie.

They don't. If they did, certain genres (namely freemium mobile and free2play MMO's) would just collapse immediately because it'd mean that the general human population had critical thinking skills. Instead, they just let their emotions drag them around the same way an abusive dog owner walks their dogs.

Why does everything have to innovate? Why can't a media product be made that caters to people who want more of a specific thing?

>Many people want X
>Some people want to make X
>X gets made
>"UGH THIS IS JUST MORE OF X"

I've rather been craving a new Collectathon Platformer.
I've held off on replaying BK and Tooie because of this.
Even if it's not exactly what I like, I know I'll enjoy it regardless.

This needs to be updated for BotW.

But yeah, "Zelda cycle" still holds up. Even for other classic games.

Someone tell the poor soul who made this box art mockup that cover art doesn't actually use in-game low poly models. It's actually quite the opposite. Looks like shit here.

Spoonfeed me. What does this game have to do with Banjo Kazooie?

Nothing but playstyle and probably some jabs.
It's all the same blokes making it, so their comedy is samey and some people are grumpy about that

It's by a development team made up of a decent number of the old Rare team.

I feel like BotW wouldn't fit here because lots of fans seem to really like it.
Shigeru probably learned that no one wants to play a zelda game so he just made an open world meme game because it'll sell

It's almost like it's not a Zelda Cycle at all

People wanted to play Zelda games, they didn't want to play Aonuma's puzzle trash (as shown by how they don't sell).

>collectathon of the millenium
As opposed to...?

>Same creators
>Same sound designers
>VERY similar art direction
>Mechanically very similar
>Collect "pagies" (jiggies) as the big over arching currency
>Main villian has a talking quirk (uses BUZZ words when gruntilda rhymed)
>Similar humor though slightly more self aware