Switch Third Party support

Is anyone worried about the lack of third party support for this thing?

I see third party games being announced for PS4, Bone, 3DS, Vita but nothing for the switch, except for the last gen game ports that are already announced

Other urls found in this thread:

pietriots.com/2010/12/17/the-3rd-party-wall-of-shame/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No not really

don't worry, nintendo will still survive even if switch sells bad.

also why do people keep buying a console that has a one game on it?

>also why do people keep buying a console that has a one game on it?

People are stupid

I'd be "worried" if I didn't see this coming a mile away. I bought a Switch, but it's going to be my Nintendo machine. Any third-party games I get (currently Bomberman and Shovel Knight) for it will be a welcome surprise.

Nintendo is probably gonna release the next mainline pokemon game on it so the switch is probably not gonna fail.

Third parties were waiting to see if the Switch was a success before they made a move. Reports so far show that it is. Third parties are now drawing up plans for Switch. Games however take over a year to make. They'll come in eventually.

Correction: it has 3 games. 4 if you're not a lonely faggot.

BotW, Specter Knight, Fast RMX, Snipperclippers

it's called the WiiU2 for a reason

I am wondering if Bomberman will remain as an exclusive but i doubt it, Capcom also said that they will port SFII if it sells well to other platforms.

Yeah it's most likely going to end up the same way as the Wii U. Third parties will just lazily put their AAA shovelware on it without optimization and fuck off without givining it even half of the support the other versions did.

You need to keep in mind that Nintendo has literally never given out their dev kits in a timely manner with big names like Ubisoft only getting theirs late last year. If a year or two from now there's still been nothing announced then it'll be time to worry.

No because it's a Nintendo system.

We already know it's not gonna get the latest Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed. It's cool.

There will be plenty to play on the Switch.

And that's how it begins.
Third parties say they're waiting to see when they know all too well that it's the games that sells the systems.
>Third parties are now drawing up plans for Switch.
I have my doubts.

I am. I want to play Battlefield 1 on my Switch. That's why I bought it. My PS4 is just for Sony exclusives.

80% of the game released for it so far are third party games. Isaac, bomberman, apparently Bloodstained is going to the Switch, Setsuna. Is Fast RMX third party?

Fast is third party

Third parties don't like weak, shitty gimmick hardware. It's a pretty simple concept that everybody understands except Nintendo.

BotW, MK Deluxe, Splat2n, and Mario Odyssey, I Am Setsuna, Stardew Valley, Celeste, Snippity Clippity, Jackbox 3, and Sonic Mania all in year one.

I'm not worried.

Expect the Japanese third parties that supported the 3DS to eventually move over. Maybe some of the Vita devs as well, the ones that won't, or can't, move to PS4.

If you mean western games, that's never going to happen.

>Third parties don't like weak, shitty gimmick hardware
That's not true at all. Just look at the Wii, they flooded that shit with nothing but gimmicky shit instead of making real games that people actually wanted. Which is why third parties tend to have bad relations with Nintendo fans.

That said, third parties don't care for power (mainly because they don't know how to utilize it) all they care about is where the money is so they can pump out bullshots and trick people into buying poorly made trash. Its basically like those rip off movies you occasionally but with a lot more marketing.

Name one (1) third party game that isnt shit.

I ignored the last gen because it was shit. I built a pc in 2011 so I never looked for a console after the wii. But the switch was too appealing. And botw is fucking amazing. I haven't enjoyed games like this in so long. Which says a lot because I pirate the games I don't want to buy so I play a lot of shit.

>Is anyone worried about the lack of third party support for this thing?

Yes, since I bought a Wii U.

The patterns are all there. Ports of old games then fucking off just like 3rd party did for Wii U.

I was worried when it was announced, but with the dark souls trilogy destined to be an absolute hit on it, I think that's all it's going to need for devs to realize it's potential

How much do you want to bet that if it does take off it'll be the resurgence of licenced shovelware?

It's going to get good third party games, just not the same third party games that sony and microsoft get. Same as usual.

>Ports of old games then fucking off
>Ports of old games

PS4?

Call of duty came to the DS and Wii u, my dude. It's not going to miss the switch.

Your calls of duties and ass creds come to every major console. I'm more worried for fans of stuff like Battlefront, Fallout, Mass Effect (lol), etc

>Same as usual.
You realise that hasn't happened since the Gamecube right? If you haven't seen it before let me introduce you to the wall of shame

pietriots.com/2010/12/17/the-3rd-party-wall-of-shame/

Can a wii-esque console exist nowadays? Normies have their free phones games to satisfy their skinner box urges.

Depends on how many dumbass parents are left.