15 years old

>15 years old
>Start playing a game, suddenly it's 2 AM and I've been playing for hours straight without realizing
>25 years old
>Start playing a game, get bored and quit after 10 minutes.

What the fuck happened? How do I go back?

Maybe you should stop playing video games.
Or simply take a break.

I agree you should stop playing games for a while, it'd probably increase your productivity and when you go back they'd be a lot more enjoyable

Welcome to adulthood. On the plus side your boss gives you a bigger allowance than your mom, and you don't have to sneak your gf into your room, so you've got that going for you which is nice.

They all suck.

>tfw 29 and I have the same problem
It's gotten pretty bad lately, I'm just trying to recapture a feeling and taste I don't believe exists anymore. What games make you feel like it's a decade ago and life isn't crushing you slowly?

breath of the wild

I don't really feel that anymore. If there is something I kind of feel like playing, and I haven't already done most of the things in it, then I can play it for hours.

Yesterday I played The Witcher 3 for 2 hours. I remember when DS3 came out I couldn't get it, and when I did a half a year later, I played it for almost 32 hours straight.

Back then I remember being on games all day after school. I had no friends growing up in late high school, and I guess that is when I started wasting time on the internet more often. On top of that I have a job that's about to end. I'm going to need a full time job, but video games will always be there.. I hope.

If you have a job then its a common side effect. If not then idk man, maybe a brain tumor

Berseria and Nier: Automata cured me.
I'm so happy I've played these games man.

>feel this way
>find a fun game
>stayed up all night playing it

Games just suck now a days. There's some good ones out there, you just got to dig for them now.

The last game I enjoyed like that was Rune Factory Tides of Destiny.

It's not that I get bored, it's that I start to feel guilty. Every hour spent playing a game, my mind says "you're wasting your time!" and the voice gets stronger and stronger.

Yeah as the others said take a break.
I used to sit down playing for hours every day, then I had a long period (5 years) barely touching anything. Now I'm back at it and I'm having so much fun, there is so much shit I want to play

The issue is that you're not playing games you really enjoy currently.

Whenever I play something like Overwatch or Dark Souls, I lose interest in like an hour or two. If that. But, when I play something that truly engrosses me, the time still flies by like it always has.

Quit playing shitty western games and dive into jp developed titles. I've been staying up until 6 am playing mhxx every day this week.

>gf

>35 years old
>dead

MGR saved me from that kind of dry spell recently

it's just so epic in the non-meme sense of the word

>boss
>gf

>breath of the wild recaptured this feeling for me
>a solid week of nonstop playing, time flying faster than expected
>back to feeling like shit now that it's over
At least I know I still like video games

Sengoku Rance

Am I the only one who finds Sengoku Rance really fucking boring?

>gf

34 here and my ps4 now a dust collector .

>get in bed
>turn on 3ds
>main menu
>get on phone
>refresh Sup Forums the rest of the night
>pretend it will be any different the next night

End me

Fucking play things you actually like.

no

>15 years old
>have school
>school gives you chances to have friends
>got homework and other shit to do
>have to do chores at home as well
>value your time with vidya since it isn't infinite
>your life is diversified and the bad times make the good times seem better
>be 25
>be useless neet
>100% of time is playing vidya, watching anime or jacking off
>none of it is special anymore because it's all you do
>that one time you need to go out to meet family or something once a month is the special occasion instead

Get a job, do something else with your life, then vidya will become fun again. It worked for me.

Try out some new genres.
I got into weeb games this year and haven't felt like this since I first discovered videogames.

play good games

How to get out of neet phase? I fucking hate my life, I can't socialize with people and can't get into studying anything.

It's a hard slow process. You gotta figure it out yourself. Force yourself to do it. Do you have family that cares about you? Maybe let them know you want to change and ask them to help force you out of the house and help you get a job.

I ended up getting a full time job after 2 years of searching for one, and I tell you what, the amount of vidya playing I got done in my few small hours after I got off work and went to bed was probably more than a year of being neet and sitting around doing nothing and playing for like 15 minutes then shutting it off. I didn't want to stop playing but had to force myself to turn the game off because I needed to go to bed or I'd be late/tired for work the next morning.

this

For me I've found it's having choices. When I was a kid I had a few games so even if I was bored of one I knew it was more fun than whatever else there was to do and I didn't have another option.

Now I've got literally thousands of games at my fingertips, a car, money, and the whole internet. If games don't grab me and suck me in I don't really see any reason to keep playing them.

I've gotten that old feeling a few times lately though. Tales of Beseria, Blaster Master 0, and Etrian Odyssey IV have all had me go "Oh shit is that what time it is?" within the past month. There have probably been like 40 games that failed to do that but who cares. Just keep looking and you'll find the games that give you that special feeling again.

I got a job and went back to college majoring in japanese so I can play all the games that haven't been translated.

>15 years old
>managed to spend eight hours a day playing shitty MOBAs instead of developing skills
>20 years old
>now an adult with the skillset of a shitty 15 year old

>take stem degree

>literally have zero free time and any time I make for vidya im constantly stressing over the fact I should be writing a paper or studying for an exam I have to do the following week instead of vidya

Th-thats okay I didn't like playing video games or being a well adjusted happy person anyway

If you get to play them all the time that'll happen
If you're tired that'll happen
If you're not in a a good state of mind, upset/sad/whatever, that'll happen
Most people don't have anything to worry about as a kid so they can play for hours on end without issue.

>get a school newspaper job
>think it'll be easy because school newspapers are shit
>life is now nothing but sending emails every hour of every day and hoping I get responses in time for deadlines

try getting someone pregnant
then your body will stop being mad at you and you can enjoy vidya

You literally just YOLO it
Overcoming my neetdom is the hardest thing I've ever done

Tbqh I think its not so Important to cure any anxiety/depression/whatever, what helped me the most was finally understanding what it takes to be successful in life

My parents are incompetent , developmentally arrested boomers who never taught me a damn thing but still expected me to magically succeed. Eventually after several years being a useless neet I figured what degree would make me money and the rest was forcing myself to do everything required, driving, grocery shopping, going to class, studying , etc

You just become one with the yolo, but you have to really want to change. Or be forced to change out of a change in circumstances

>do mechanical engineering
>barely study compared to everyone else because I actually pay attention on homework and don't cheat
>do better on tests
>have a ton of free time
>play all the vidya I want stress free
>worked 2 part time jobs as well that involved me sitting at a desk so I got homework done even faster
>got a higher paying offer than all of my friends even those who busted their balls with extracirculars
GG nerds.

That's what you get for playing literally shit games faggot.

Do they have BAs in ME now? GPA?

>BA in ME

what did he mean by this

>do a stem degree
>everything is super fucking easy
>get a job doing what I want to do making 8
0k a year after almost zero effort for 4 years
Feels good man
What? You can get a Bachelors for regular mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technologist

You mean BS I assume. And 3.75.

>Do accounting
>study my fucking ass off for tests/hw
>blatant cheaters everywhere with a testbank that I honestly really regret not using
>I fall below the class average in test grades
>Have to drop the major because my accounting average isnt B
>Go to finance major
>Do the exact opposite of what i used to do
>A's everywhere up the ass
I honestly envy your smart ass.

Post proof or you're just shitposting.

>inferiority complex has always stopped me from approaching girls
Maybe I should just bite the bullet and try out that tinder thing.

Hold on a sec boyo. On my phone.

>did shit my first two years because I was immature and dumb
>switched major, classes not as hard and I got to be happier with more free time and got my GPA up past 3, which it should have been if I didn't fuck up so bad
Sure I had to spend an extra semester but it was honestly worth it.

Okay a fibbed a bit, 3.74 ;)

you're incapable of letting yourself enjoying video games because you feel your life slipping away at your fingertips

Don't do this. I did it. Sure playing vidya is great now but it's also because I have zero free time so the only time I get to play vidya is when my kid is sleeping at night.

if you're insecure getting a gf will just fuck you up even worse

>want to play multiplayer
>"multi"
>just playing by myself

But I'm starting to get lonely. Lately I've been having dreams of being in loving relationships.
I even formed an emotional attatchment to Kat when I played GR2.

I always feel that way until I find that one game that just does it for me. I just got done marathoning the bulk of the Dragon Quest series, never get tired of playing those.

i am having the same problem and i have no idea why, cant get any fun out of games at all, the only game i play now and dont feel bored is CSGO which i got 1000+ hours, besides that the only game ive played was nier automata which i kept playing non-stop, alongside doom 2016and wolfenstein new order and also sleeping dogs, those are the only games ive enjoyed in this generation so far and ive got more than 500 games on steam, i beat those games, ill replay them again but the only one that i can play over and over and over is CSGO, all the other games releasing in this industry are pieces of crap to me

>25 years old
>start playing a game
>suddenly 5 hours have passed
>realize that I don't have time for this shit anymore

Can't wake up.

you described me, i work as a freelancer and when im playing im thinking ''you should be doing some work to get money instead of wasting it''

This Try playing older games, the rate of good game releases now is lower than before.

neet phase should be simple to get out of. just get a job. i don't like socializing with people, and i don't care. but i definitely need to get into a college in the next couple years.

i only play csgo now, besides that i only enjoyed nier automata and just like the guy above wolfenstein new order, every game released after 2013 to me was a piece of crap and i cant enjoy a single game besides those two i mentioned above, maybe its just me, maybe the vidya industry has gone to shit, maybe its time to invest in a new hobby

if you find nier that much fun then how do you not like anything else? nier isnt even that fucking good, so why are people obsessed over it? the combat is simple, the world is barren, and muh story, a bunch of other games do better.

i know its very 8/10-ish but the game was weird as hell to me and it felt like something different that i didnt feel in a long time thats why i liked it, i felt the same when i played the first half life for example, cant explain to you, its just a weird feeling that game gave me

and i liked wolfenstein because of the way its story and characters were portrayed, i never saw a game portray characters like that before, the game did a better job with a bunch of CG characters in terms of acting than many movies did

I don't know user. Its a shame none of us are as smart as you. Its a good thing your here to tell us how we are all wrong and you alone are correct. I guess I didn't enjoy NieR after all. Thanks user.

> Its a good thing your here
yes, yes it is.

Maybe you should leave Pc gaming, generaly speaking, the mayority of "tired gamers" exclusively play Pc games as i can conclude from reading hundreds of "blog" posts in these "tired gamer" threads that pop up every now and then.
And i can also confirm, after a long season of Pc gaming, i was at the point of completely abandoning videogames all together, but then i had the misfortune of loosing my Pc to a scam artists, only to fall back to console gaming which was more cheaper at the time than purchasing a whole new Pc, and from that moment on i never went back.
For the past 10 years i have been enjoying profoundly videogames as if in a permanent golden age of vidya

/Endblog

I'm still playing botw but seriously I felt it when I started it on my switch, i think this is the magic again. It felt almost electric, the urge to play again, the wonder that a game can inspire. I really think zelda has captured the feeling for me again, plus the switch gives me that feeling of fondness on fun in technology which I haven't had in a while. All the other consoles are vying to be pc2 while nintendo is still at heart a toy and game developer and they know it too, and I'm fine with it. They do things different and I only wish there was more of that

On the one hand it's pretty obvious Nier is just another run of the mill Platinum game with added butt action. Probably not worth the investment in terms of opportunity cost/have basically played the genre to death.

On the other hand it sucks to be a cynic and ruin everything for myself. Ignorance is bliss etc.

Smoke more weed

I don't think people realize how important being comfy in your chair and at your desk is.

An aside: this type of thing (disregarding the anecdotal nature for a moment) could just be a signifier that console gamers have lower standards and are simply seeking any kind of diversion.

Aside from RPGs, games have gotten much longer. It's not surprising that you would get bored of a game after 150 hours of gameplay.

i got a ps4 pro and a xbox one s too and a wiiu collecting dust so and an old 3ds and some old consoles that stayed with me (psp,ps2,gamecube,n64,wii), so its not PC platform's fault

my problem is the game themselves i got pratically all consoles this gen and i cant get a single fun out of any game, i see a lot of people recomending me the new zelda so ill get the wiiu version soon to see if i can get back to gaming's full potential

>All your old school friends have either dropped off the map or have families and kids now
It's a surreal feeling.

It's easier to relax with random shows on netflix than exert effort for a video game

>op is a faggot that post anime girl
>you think he has, had or will at some point have a girlfriend

yeah i just entered into a university recently, im studying computer science and have a fixed job now for the first time and im living with my own money right now (even thought i still live with my relatives im not dependant of their money anymore) so time become something staggering to me, something that every second counts as a lost that i cant get back, this includes the time im wasting in this site, omg, why time ? why the fucking time become my worst enemy ?

Thanks for the Natsumis

Videogames, you fucking faggot. Stay on topic.

its good, but i can definitely see you getting bored if you cant have fun with any other game anymore

>boss
>gf

Where do you think you are?

Truly the worst feeling. I'm right here with you, user.

I have never played more than 100 games on a sole console, yet i have been able to find at least one or two games that make you fucking remember why you have loved videogames until now, on every console and handheld, since the days of the intellivision.
I bet most people can't even remember the last time they felt like that, and it's already happened to me quite a lot of times, this generation in particular.
People who complain that vidya isn't good anymore, should stop swallowing so much shit and actually play some "good" games.

In particular Nintendo shit

Good shit, my man.

I think job interviews for burger flipping or cleaning should be abolished, they're so out dated for simple jobs like that they should allow trial runs rather than asking questions you're more than likely going to answer with dishonesty.

well the only games that made me feel like that was civ5, doom2016, wolfenstein new order, sleeping dogs, gta 5, stardew and nier automata

How was the second season? Was there third?

Its the motivation that's gone.

As a kid, games were rewarding.
Beating the bad guy felt good.
The story was interesting.
The gameplay was fun.

As an adult, there are more tangible things to pursue.
Beating the game feels hollow.
The story is usually rehash of something you've already seen.
Gameplay has barely improved.

It still happens it is just rare now.

Fire Emblem Awakening was the last true amazing game I played.

That was a game where I actually had the experience of regret midway.

It was the first time in so many years that around 20 hours and halfway into that game, I actually got sad because I realized that the game was going to end.

I mean, I preordered it and logged in 56 hours on a 3DS game within 20 days while still going to university full time. Was a really amazing experience.

I then preordered the sequel, fire emblem fates or whatever, and I don't know it just isn't the same. I played it for 2 hours and got bored. I mean I even really enjoyed it, but I think Awakening was just so fresh and new and exciting, where fates is just Awakening 2.0 and I feel like I have already done it already.

Play older games.

It's no surprise you get bored when all we get now is "walk down this linear path to win"

Same as me user. But it all came back playing breath of the wild. 10 hour sessions feel like 1 hour.

>It worked for me.
Lucky you.

>finish all prereqs for Nursing
>before finishing prereqs
>Took an advanced A&P I & II course that was 12 weeks fast for both classes combined
>The professor gave us a lab practical and an exam every week
>Drill into our minds that we have to study if we want to pass
>End up getting a B in A&P I and an A in A&P II
>all is good
>keep stressing every single day because I feel like I have to keep studying more
>finally take the ATI TEAS exam
>failed it by ten points
Now I'm focusing on my AA courses and doing SOME Anatomy & Physiology studying on the side. I'm honestly terrified to retake the ATI TEAS exam. Please save me.