Is this a good choice for a first time PC gaming laptop?

Is this a good choice for a first time PC gaming laptop?

I want to try out PC gaming for the first time, but I want a laptop as well.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LXCBXQO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1490230609&sr=1-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go back to fucking weeab

Go back to fucking weeab

Oh whoops sorry, I forgot where I was. Is this better?

No, that thing is a pile of shit for the price.

Also, there is no good first time gaming laptop as the very concept of a gaming laptop is dumb

What's the performance of this laptop compared to a PS4/XBO?

>I want to try out PC gaming for the first time, but I want a laptop as well.

you'll pay 2x for 1/2 the power, and you'll have overheating problems, but you should be able to play most games with that even if you have to lower the settings to almost as bad as consoles graphics

I don't recommend going for a laptop, unless you have a lot of disposable income

just build a pc

I'd try to get something with a 1050 or 1060 as opposed to a 960. Of course I would never buy a gaming laptop as my main pc though so idk.

>gaming laptop
Just get a PC instead, save yourself the housefire from an overheating laptop.

I travel alot, so a stationary PC won't cut it.

OP, try to find one with a 970M. I own a gaming laptop with a 4th gen i7 and a 970M, I can run most games on Medium~High, like HITMAN or Arkham Knight at around 40~50 fps.

And like other people said, it does heat up a lot, so do not use it on your bed or something like that.

Also, only buy it if you can easily afford it and move a lot. That's the reason I got one for me, otherwise it is really a waste of money.

FUCK you

BTW, mine is the MSI GE72 2QF.

And last but not least, do not expect long lasting battery. Mine gets 2 hours at most just browsing with Chrome.

My work requires me to travel alot and stay at hotels so a gaming laptop is really all I can do. I jusr want something that can run Battlefield 1 at medium or high settings smoothly.

A custom rig and a decent thinkpad will cost the same if not less than a """gaming laptop"""

Gaming laptops are stupid, half the performance at double the price compared to a stationary PC, get a Switch instead if you really have to have something on the go.

Yes, same here. Don't listen to the autists at Sup Forums, sometimes we just can't manage to have a PC.

IIRC I could run BF4 with 1080p60fps on my notebook at High Settings, don't know how much more graphically intensive BF1 is, but generally the BF games are well optmized.

And like I said, go for at least a 970M or a newer generation NVIDIA card, the difference in price from 960M to 970M is well worth

Thanks m8 I appreciate it, if anything I think I'll just check out the Acer VX 15, looks more high end.

A mobile hotspot and game streaming would be a better investment.
Plus any laptop from the last 10 years can run BF1.
Stop being a retard with your money.

Money is not the issue you autist. I COULD build a stationary gaming desktop, but I want a gaming laptop since I travel alot.

>notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

I recommend Notebookcheck for notebooks and cards comparison and benchmarks, used it for my last 2 laptops and don't regret it.

You see, the problem is not that we want to play games while on the bus, or at school. The problem is that every 2 weeks on average I'm moving to a different part of the country, or to another country altogether, and I can't be hauling a PC+monitor like that around, so I just put my notebook in my backpack and move around, when I'm settled at the hotel or house I'm renting, I play there.

Nice reading comprehension retard. But if you'd rather not leverage an efficient machine and instead waste money on cheap GPUs, fuck all for battery life, and shit heat dispersal then you can just order the biggest ROG or Alienware laptop you can find.

Don't get a gaming laptop.

Build a decent-ish desk PC, and a tablet will do everything else you need. Gaming laptops tend to be built like shit, go obsolete super fast with no real way to upgrade, etc. Don't bother.

Thanks for the link m8. I'm the same way, I have to travel to different hospitals around 4 states so a laptop is really all I could do.

I'm not looking for cutting edge bleeding eyes type of performance you double nigger. I just want a laptop that will run games smoothly. Also I don't give a shit about battery life since I'll be plugging it in at the office or in the hotel room

Look man, I'm trying to explain my situation to you. One week I'm in the USA, next one I'm in fucking Brazil. What do you suggest I do? I can't stream games while on Brazil, Internet is fucking shit there. So yeah, I'd rather expend money on a big ROG that I consciously know is expensive, than to play with shitty resolution/fps/latency from a streaming service. I'm not debating the fact that they are expensive, but it's the only option I have.

Are you even paying attention

the setup with the 1060m should run games with ps4 quality and might last you at least 3 years, but I am sure I saw a similar model for $100 less
I totally get that, also I purchased an ASUS Rog with a 780M 3 years ago and I haven't regret it, I can still can run most games on high and moving from place to place with it is not that difficult but take in mind that those are heavy machines compared to your average laptop

NP, hope you can find something good. Have fun with the games and be take care when traveling.

Nope!