Explain

explain

He's a nignog that wanted to take hyrule for himself

Some half assed attempt at character development that never went anywhere

If his motive for conquering Hyrule was that he was jealous of those nice living conditions, then why did he use that power to turn the nice areas into a shithole and keep the Gerudo in as bad of a situation as before if not worse

My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose.

That obviously don't fits with Ocarina of Time but it was a nice attempt at characterization and the result was the Ganondorf closest to being an actual character.
Demise was the worst thing to happens to him and Calamity Ganon being a complete non-character is a direct result from this retcon.

>Demise was the worst thing to happens to him

why

Ganondorf being a lying conniving son of a bitch like usual

I know it's cool to be contrarian but you really don't have to try so hard.

Are you seriously trying to say that Ganondorf has ever been well written?

He's been around for like 30 years and yet he doesn't have a single ounce of depth or personality

I really like Wind Waker and I can still admit that what he said wasn't wrong

He's right

Not him, but Demise ruined Ganondorf because he established that Ganondorf was destined to become an evil person all along. It's a stark contrast from his portrayal in Wind Waker which presupposes that he'd developed that way only through his harsh upbringing.

All WW served to do was establish that Ganondorf was an even bigger cunt than we thought.

The wind is troubled

>he established that Ganondorf was destined to become an evil person all along. It's a stark contrast from his portrayal in Wind Waker which presupposes that he'd developed that way only through his harsh upbringing.

holy shit you're right

fuck nintendo

BBBRRAAAAAAAAP

>lying conniving son of a bitch like usual
But in all of BotW he's just a giant hog with no lines

Yeah but that's not the first time we see Ganon like that

10,100 years of being submerged in your own poisonous malice will do that to you.

lost his priorities. consumed by greed. You know, that kind of thing.

It wasn't so much of a retcon so much as Ganondorf himself being separated from the beast within.

he wasn't actually jealous he just wanted power

This.

Ganon =/= Ganondorf is what i've always believe to be the case.

You serious? Antagonists losing sight of their original motive is such a common trope in fantasy fiction that I'm surprised you have to ask that

And upon realizing this, he doesn't do anything with it and continues being an evil, self-serving bastard. It's an empty realization.

He never said he wanted to improve his own land. He just wanted to be the ruler of a better one. He was just as greedy and selfish as he ever was, it's just that with that cutscene we saw how he got that way. Even despite his regret, he doesn't actually stop trying to do what he was doing all along, and Link and Zelda still need to stop him. People who thought the point of the cutscene was to show that he was right or justified in his actions (rather than having sympathetic motivations) miss the point.

Because he's a hypocrite. He's only in it for the power, and damn any and all that get in his way and damn any and all that aren't him once he has power. His motives and soul are so evil that the Triforce turned him into the demon Ganon and eventually Ganon was all that was left of him... just a mad evil beast who only cares about power, destruction and misery.

Wind Waker is the outlier in his personality as all other games where he actually is more than just a beast have him as power seeking, evil and selfish.

He deserved better and he knew it.

It's not an outlier. His actions in that game are still evil and selfish. He just decides to come up with an excuse for once.

It wasn't and he's just an asshole. Whether or not it's intentional, he's basically putting on a sophisticated front to lie to two tiny children at the end of Wind Waker. When KoRL plot devices his wish away, Ganondorf tries to kill Link and Zelda anyway out of petty spite despite the fact that he's already lost and it won't accomplish anything.

Anyone who was duped is dumber than a small child.

Any character development ganondorf may have had in WW is completely irrelevant because SS says he's just an incarnation of pure hate and that's all he'll ever be

but according to BOTW, Ganondorf's actual plan is to turn into a giant pig cloud and just kill everything.

Especially since the very first time he came in contact with the Triforce he immediately destroyed Hyrule Castle and turned it into a Redead festered hellhole and was destroying the Zora and Goron people and lands for no reason other than being a petty dick.
Not to mention all the Gerudo women were still forced to stay in the desert while he had his own private Castlevania to himself.

No it doesn't.

Why does Nintendo keep forcing Ganon?

Would ANYONE care if he left? He's literally just an empty villian template

Ganondorf's mind is gone by that point with only Ganon and his evil destructive fury remaining.

Isn't there a line in BotW about how Ganon gave up his immortality in order to get much more powerful this time, turning into Calamity?

It's not a lie. He's had a moment of clarity about himself, and regrets how his actions spiraled out of control. But he doesn't actually try to make it right, instead continuing on the path he always did. Regret and remorse are different emotions.

How is that worse than the empty hero template and the stupid, brainless princess template?

10,000 years since the last hero, imagine how much more time since OoT

I estimate at least 100,000 years

>mind gone
>meanwhile, calculated taking over the castle, the divine beasts, and the guardians, but no he's totally mindless guys

He has a likable design.

I was actually hoping TP would give him a rest, but hahaha nope.

Even the Oracle games had to shove Ganon in at the last minute.

His country was a sandy shithole full of angry horny women and no arable land. He wanted a country that wasn't a sandy shithole.

Which is fine because he didn't have any character development anyway.

Because Demise's curse, Ganon will always try to turn everything into a shithole even if he doesn't want.

Ganondorf has always been a shitty villain, he never really interacts much with Link or any of the other characters, his presence is usually pretty minimal outside of the general plot of the game and his impact on the game is pretty much "what villain?"

At least the Majora's Mask actually got a reaction out of the people in Clock Town and the other cities, thanks to the moon, and was deeply connected to a lot of the sidequests in the game. I don't know why is it so hard for Aonuma to do something like that again.

He literally doesn't have option, you could say he doesn't control his actions.

I kind of like the tragic idea that these three characters are destined to meet and fight and kill each other over and over for all eternity

>Hyrule Warriors will never be canon with Ganondorf pulling off the stupidest most elaborate plan of all time to get ahold of the Triforce
>and it actually works and he manages to defeat both Link and Zelda
>shame his contractual villain stupidity had to kick in right afterward

>also a shame that Ganon looked ridiculous as he knuckle dragged like a gorilla.

Maybe because he doesn't have a choice?

that's because in wind waker, after he decisively won the gods just said NOPE and destroyed the world rather than let him have it. He's a broken man who knows none of his evil dreams will ever come true because the gods themselves are against him. So he's basically turned in to the bad guy of apocalypse now, a fat evil old man who tries to be philosophical and does evil shit pretty much just so somebody will kill him

I like that it's usually the same Ganon but different Links and Zeldas.

Breath of the Wild is a sequel to Hyrule warriors

Context is nice.

Ganondorf and Dracula should start a support group.

That is really a bad retcon. The ending of WW works much better if Ganondorf realizes that what he was doing was wrong, but chooses to keep going because he can't let go of the past. This better contrasts him with the King sealing Hyrule forever and with Link and Zelda having to work towards and unknown future.

Calamity Ganon could be a thing without Demise. It makes sense that repeated failures would make him go Giygas. Execution is meh. Also on that note, while I don't like Demise or his addition to lore his curse is all a matter of interpretation. Remember that it's his ill-will that takes on an incarnation not Demise himself, who is forever sealed in the Master Sword. Ganondorf is his own person just as Zelda and Link are even though they're reincarnations. The only thing you're really missing out on is fanfic tier stuff like good Ganondorf, and the breaking Demise curse meme already fuels that anyway.

Nintendo declared it non-canon.

Im waiting for the day a Zelda plot actually has Ganon take over the Pantheon and we go full Gods of War scale with Link.

Why did you bump the thrad 3 times?

>How is that worse than the empty hero template

Link is the player character. He's allowed to be empty. Zelda is shit though. I hate her and wish they'd drop her.

It's actually ironic that the two main NPC's of the franchise are the two worst characters in the entire series

>the thrad
Is this Mad Thad

Only instead of murdering all the gods, he makes them fall in love with him?

But that's fucking boring

thematically Wind Waker is about wind, and controlling the wind.
Is hamfisted near the end and doesn't particularly fit in with anything else he says.

That's exactly what happens. People are imagining their own retcons because they think Ganondorf would somehow make different choices for some reason.

>generic nigger

yawn

>spiritual successor to Oracles where you cuck Hylia with superior goddesses

I'd buy it twice.

he longed for tetra br4pping

>likable means not generic

Why is Zelda herself so fucking boring? Why does she always need to be a "bawww muh people" teenager? It would've been fucking awesome if she ended up as a worn out old woman at the end of BOTW but noooooo gotta keep the generic non-character generic

That's what happens in WW itself, but Demise's curse complicates it.

she was pretty lively in SS

Top kek

People just imagine it does. See
It assumes that his choices and personality would change.

But he DOESN'T make different choices. That's the point. He says all these things but none of it makes a true difference because inside he's still the same. He still does terrible things, he still has purely selfish motivation and all he ever does is spread pain and suffering in his wake, even in Wind Waker.

She's the most fleshed out Zelda in the series though? What are you smoking?

Ganondorf has only been around for ~18 years, you turd.

Wind Waker Ganondorf is indeed deep. Probably the most well designed villain in the entire franchise. He doesn't have perfect characterization, but considering the game came out 15 years ago? It was unheard of to have a character anywhere near as well written outside of WRPGs.

Yeah in the most cookie cutter generic "muh waifu" way possible. Spirit Tracks is quite literally the only time Zelda has been a real character, and that's because she's "Tetra 2" before she's "Princess Zelda"

>Ganon
>well written
Man, there's nothing worse than WW fans trying to make their game seem good when it was a shitfest in all areas.

Don't forget the least intelligent as well!

nice image you got there

>She's the most fleshed out Zelda in the series though?

She's literally got nothing even remotely resembling a personality. She just spends the entire game mumbling about "muh sekret power i cant use it bawww :'("

braaaaaaaaaapppppttttttt

He played Windwalker Monk before WoW fell to darkness.

t. OoT baby

Wind Waker and Majora's Mask were by far the best 3D Zeldas prior to BotW. Wind Waker Ganondorf was the only one that was more than a force of nature that needed to be stopped or else the world would end. He's also the only version of Ganondorf whose end goal wasn't to turn the world into shit.

Majora's Mask was the best Zelda game because it knew Ganondorf, Zelda, and the Triforce were boring as fuck and had no place in an interesting story

How does godly tier list go in Zelda?

Can someone rank, in terms of hierarchy or whatever the following gods

>Hylia
>Din
>Farore
>Nayru
>Oshus
>Jabu-Jabu/Jabun
>Deku Tree
>Malladus
>Majora
>Oshus
>Wind frogs

How about a Zelda game where Ganondorf isn't the MAIN antagonist.

But it also takes place in Hyrule (so no LA/OoA/OoT/PH/ST allowed)

TP dorf>WW dorf

In every way.

>people complaining about Ganon as a recurring villain

I actually think WW is to blame. And also recycling the fundamentals of his LttP fight in most 2D games. No one gives a shit that Dracula is the final boss in most Castlevania games. Ganon should have talked less and taken on new monstrous forms at the end of every game.

Din , Nayru and Farore kicking Hylia aside
or their oracles doing the same with Zelda

if only

SAUCE?

MM's story is by far the least interesting of the bunch. What it had going for it was world building. However, it had THE most basic story of the bunch. It was literally a straight line, with no rising action or plot twist.

But it also had the least dungeons, so that's laudable as well. 3D Zelda dungeons are rarely ever good, so the less there are, the better.

It's not a retcon when ganon was literally a monster in the first game

>a cel shaded toon baby's first quest and rehashed rushed game better than OoT or TP

have sex

Skull Kid gave us a taste of the potential Zelda villians have.

This is why I like Kirby. HAL knows that constantly facing off against Dedede would be fucking awful, so they actually bother making new threats. As a result, Kirby has the best villain roster of any nintendo franchise ever created

Fuck you I would if I could.