Turok 2 Remastered

Which anons got the remastered Turok 2 Seeds of Evil that came out a few days ago? It's on steam.

For those who got it, is the Multiplayer function working? Are anons playing online with each other?

Multiplayer or not, I'm about to snatch the game. Last time I played it was years ago on the N64

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0cIRG7MjO98&t=7m40s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The latest beta fixed the lag problems people had.

Kaiser pls nerf nuke and cerebral bore

>Last time I played it was years ago on the N64

lel thanks for beta testing kiddo

The Turok 2 release made me finally buy the Turok 1 remaster. I'm playing it at the moment and having a great time, I miss finding secrets in games. I don't remember shit from Turok so it feels like a brand new game.

>that special rage when you see the end portal but missed a mission objective

takes me back

I haven't even played the first one yet. Can these remasters be pirated?

I've only played the 2008 reboot

I'm almost done downloading

get the gog installers

They can be but if you like classic FPS' then you'll love Turok. But you really should buy them, remasters of this quality are rare and it'll increase the chance that they remaster Rage Wars and Turok 3 as well.

multiplayer works but it's still kinda buggy. if you have DSL for instance it's laggy as shit due to a bug in the code. they're aware of it and fixing it though. idk if they solved it yet.

i wonder which one they'll do next. the attention on the multiplayer mode of Turok 2 makes me think they'll do Rage Wars next, i believe that came out before 3.

i never got a chance to play 3 so i really hope they do it, it always looked cool.

Is it possible to turn off screen tilting?

If they go in release order then yeah, Rage Wars would be next. Personally I hope RW is next, it was an amazing MP game.

Which Turok game are they going to stop at? I remember they started getting bad reviews after the N64 era so I never played them, but in retrospect I now realize game journalism is not to be trusted.

I hope they do Evolution at least, never played that one. Reboot can fuck off.

Wasn't there deal somewhere (maybe humble) where if you bought turok 2 you got the first one free?

Evolution? although that one was poorly received so i'd doubt that would even get ported. i guess the only other one would be the 2008 reboot but that was panned even more.

i actually wouldn't mind seeing them try their hand at either making their own expansion pack for Turok 2/3. the studio who did these is also making a full blown remake of System Shock 1, so who knows? a new Turok might be in the cards.

i don't know about that but if you buy Turok 1 you get a $5 off coupon for Turok 2.

Evolution was fuckin awesome

Hahaha so damn true

One of the reasons Evolution was poorly received was because the enemies have a lot of moves like rolling which the player doesn't have, and because of some vehicle sections. I wonder if those things are really so bad, though?

Turok 2 is amazing but the levels tend to be too long for their good. Complexity for complexity's sake.

PLEASE MAKE RAGE WARS!!!!

I NEVER HAD THE FRIENDS TO PLAY IT MULTIPLAYER.

I'd love to see rage wars online mode holy hell,

They stated up to evolution but I think that may be unlikely
They're definitely doing all n64 games

I just remember the gun you got that made the enemies puke then they blew up. I loved the game but the gamecube version had the worst loading times I've ever seen.

>never beat a single level as a kid, even with cheats
>playing 20 years later
>see that the levels are 90% longer than I ever thought they'd be
>they're still convoluted as hell
>made it to a Primagen lair thing, no idea if I beat the previous level or not

Iguana was full of madmen.

i agree although it's a breath of fresh air with so many linear hallway cinematic experience FPS games you get nowadays

buy Turok 2, play the multiplayer and post on the Steam Community forums to bug them about it

I bought the first one. And I heard that gives me a discount so I'm getting the second one as we speak.

That feeling I got when I was a kid and my dad came home from work with a Nintendo 64 game, I'll never forget that. The first game I ever remember him bringing was that Turok game, I must have been 4 or 5

Just 3 & Rage Wars

Evolution is garbage & the 2008 version is on PC

It honestly seems more like a game that you have to stop and take a breather for a few days between levels rather than the first one where you can just blitz through. The levels really do drain you out.

I don't believe so. You get used to it quickly, and actually run faster if you strafe run. It feels likes Native American drifting.

Yup. Haven't played for 2 days after completing Hive Of The Mantids. Fun level but it drags on and on.
It didn't help that I wasn't able to figure out how to get the feather and its reward on my own, wasting another 1 1/2 hours.

I wouldn't say Evolution was poorly received, it was mostly 7's which was pretty decent. It still felt like a real Turok to me, though it was pretty linear and AI was kind of meh, it still had a good variety of levels, enemies, and weapons.

Fuck you, it was decent. Still a way more interesting game than 99% of the fpses we still get today.

How do you get infinite lives? Doing bullshit platforming in cave of blind faggots is pissing me off.

they did make some minor changes to Turok 2 so i'd be really interested to see them take what they learn from doing the other games to improving Evolution.

from what i hear the biggest issue is the lack of weapon variety, the weapons are pretty boring, plain standard FPS stuff.

Just use quicksaves without scumming through the game.

>take a break from playing a level
>forget where you're supposed to be going

Great idea

Nuke respawn time was increased in the patch if I recall.

The latest patch added an option to disable it.

The lightship actually felt like a breather after the Hive/Lair. It was relatively linear although the primagen key can be confusing. You hit these switches that require talismans to reach that don't seem to do anything. I didn't realize they unlocked the primagen key until I got it.

multiplayer seems like a total clusterfuck, not even in a good way. was Rage Wars better?

i was just playing on the Port of Adia map and there was a lot of spawn camping. people figuring out where the Shredder, Cerebral Bore and Scorpion spawns were and just hanging out there.

Sounds good.

Currently at LOTBO, level is pretty cool once you figure out where that fucking Portal switch is. Two thermal vents down, close to the last one I think.

Took a break to start reading the Acclaim comics. Some real hits and misses with those.

use the map

youtube.com/watch?v=0cIRG7MjO98&t=7m40s

>fighting the first boss in Turok 1
>playing on hard
>run out of ammo, health too low to run to a spawn
>he's low on health to so I run circles around the blue energy beam slashing at him
>it works
>mfw achievement pops up and is called "You call that a knife?"

Too bad we'll never see where this plotline was supposed to go.

Just started playing Turok 1 remastered (first Turok game ever), I got to what I think is the main hub between all of the levels and I have keys to open Level 2 and Level 3.

Weird game but fun. So far I mow down any enemy I come across fairly easily without losing hardly any health. Does the combat ramp up in difficulty any time soon?

Also, does the platforming get any harder? 'Cuz at this point I think it's about perfect, just enough to feel like an N64 game but any more difficult and I'd probably have to git gud.

i would love to see what a comic heavyweight like Alan Moore or Grant Morrison could do with the franchise.

>does the platforming get any harder?

>not torrenting the GOG version

fucking retard

> So far I mow down any enemy I come across fairly easily without losing hardly any health.
Turn the difficulty up to hard if you haven't already I don't think T1 requires you to restart your file like T2. I'd also recommend the same when you get to T2. It gets a bit harder later on but even the last few levels are pretty easy on normal.

These games were originally designed for an N64 controller so mouse aiming just makes them an absolute cake walk on normal.

>Also, does the platforming get any harder?
Yeah wait till you get to the end of level 3.

well, NIghtdive Studios is remaking System Shock 1. with how much they're investing in Turok, after they do HD ports of everything available i don't think it'd be so odd if they would make a Turok 4 or something.

well it was a N64 game, difficulty is going to be a lot less with keyboard and mouse.

idk about the Turok 1 port, but i do know the Turok 2 port has a Hardcore difficulty that addresses a lot of the version differences.

I always found the Hive of the Mantids to be the spookiest level in the game.

>i don't think it'd be so odd if they would make a Turok 4 or something.
>Turok 4 by Nightdive studios
I could die a happy man if this happened.

i'm waiting until the System Shock remake comes out to hold my judgements on that. so far, it just looks like a Bioshock reskin which is understandable but still feels cheap.

even if it has problems, it would be their first actual game made from the ground up and not just another port job, so we'll see.

Yeah thats a good point everything they have done has been just ports/remasters.

You can pretty much knife your way up to level 6, then once you hit 7, it's no longer a walk in the park. 7 is when shit hits the fan, you gotta blow everybody the fuck up with every weapon you got, and HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH the final level is right after. Those last 2 stages will kick the ever living shit out of you.

that's the source of my concerns, the System Shock remake looks too modern. if they did a Turok 4 i'd like it to be based more in the development styles of the time rather than like Turok 2008.

>if they did a Turok 4
>what is pic related

Turok Evolution is a prequel technically.

It's not Turok 4, that's for sure.

yeah the original thread was a response to someone talking about wanting to see a continuation of the storyline Turok 3 presented, which i'd like to see finalized as well

A piece of shit.

Hey I have a question. I've only completed the first level so far, working on the second. I'm seeing a spot in the first map where there's an objective marker and a pad on the ground indicating where I'd need a feather. How do feathers work in this game? Am I supposed to find it nearby? Or wait until later to get one?

The same can be said about the second level. I'm seeing some pads that I guess grant you immunity from the toxic water, but standing on them doesn't do anything for me.

after the first level you basically have to jump between levels to progress, so it's not just 1>2>3>4>5 etc

it's actually better to go to level 3 anyway because you'll get some weapons to help with level 2. but yeah if you do level 2 right away you'll get stuck at the palace and have to go to 3 anyway. you can get all the level 3 keys in level 1 so if you're missing a few go replay it.

thanks!

>you'll get stuck at the palace
You don't need the breath of life talisman to complete the level but you do need it for the primagen key and it makes the level a bit easier.

None of the talismans are required to finish levels since in the N64/Original PC port would not allow you leave a level early since you couldn't warp out. If any of the Talismans were required it could put you in unwinnable situations where you could not beat the game.

I wasn't a fan of the level design. Then again, once you play Blood and Duke, everything else pales in comparison.

On world 6 in Turok 1, I'll beat it over the Weekend and then start 2. Also is there any way to further increase the draw distance beyond what the options menu gives me in Turok 1 remastered or am I stuck at the max amount?

Hows the splitscreen multiplayer? 4-player right?

Up to 4 Local and online. 4 people can even go online if your rig is good enough