Whats the story? is there a story?

whats the story? is there a story?

gamefaqs has like 3 different 400 page entries.

what is the long and\or short of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zlqvyzIH_9c#t=12m40s
youtube.com/watch?v=t3YnLPZzaGM
youtube.com/watch?v=NpeOiKG8VaU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Crazy rich guy builds killer robots and murders kids
>Kids haunt the robots
>Crazy rich guy ended up fucking over his family in horrible ways
That's the whole plot. Get hype for FNaF 6 coming out this year

>I'm going to come find you.
I'm pretty hyped. Hope Springtrap returns in the next one.

A robot kills a guy, wears his skin like a suit, and dumps said skin so the robot can go hide in the sewers. Somehow, said guy is not dead, goes on to kill half a dozen children, and dies again. The kids haunt some animatronics until they don't anymore. The killer's corpse reanimates and he wanders around in a rabbit suit until it is destroyed in a fire except not really.

Weirdo uses animatronics to murder kids in pizza places.

The Animatronics get haunted by spooks because of all the murder.

A bunch of really unlucky and stupid part time workers try to deal with that shit when they really should just quit.

You're like two games behind dude.

No I know about them I just have no clue how to summarize that stuff since I'm not 100% sure how they even link to the other 3.

Any tripe that makes for another sequel.
Scott can't be assed to actually write something good, he just wants money.
>first person can't move simulator
>killer robots
>shitty jumpscares
>bullshit "AI has to let you win" difficulty
>like "Mot used Beast Eyex3 and Megidolan spam" difficulty
>repeat this for a couple of 'nights'
>?
>profit
>make another game
>profit more
>repeat
All you need to know. Game Theorists get the fuck out.

>Scott can't be assed to actually write something good, he just wants money.
FNaF World was a good commentary about the series, it was released for free after backlash and so were the two updates.
>Implying there's anything wrong with making money off a product you created

First game was made totally standalone.

It was expanded into a trilogy with the addition of supernatural elements, and very subtle/low-key exploration of 'the cycle of abuse' as an overarching theme.

Fourth game was meant to be a capstone game with only allusions to the previous, intended to create an ambiguity that would never be resolved, after the relatively 'happy' ending of #3 (because it's a grimdark horror series and nothing good can REALLY last).

As part of the work towards the movie, they did the book series, which introduced major retcons intended to create a singular compelling charismatic antagonist, rather than the vague 'cycle of abuse' theme with a deliberately undefined originating villain ('purple guy').

Sister Location was made to introduce the new book/movie canon to a wider audience. This seems to have retroactively scrubbed all the supernatural elements from the series in favor of a much more straightforward scifi story where everything is explained simply by the insanely advanced technology of the robotics. Currently this is officially a single canon which runs through all the media, but the staples holding it all together are very visible and you should feel free to take it all however you want.

>implying making a product to make money is the same as making money off of a product

>Implying making a product to make money is a bad thing

>a product
More like a products. Fnaf hasn't been near original since the first one. He just keeps doing the same thing over and over again.

You sound like one of the Chinese.
And not the nice American Chinese, the con men fuckers from the mainland.

>money is the goal
What a life, indeed.

there is a story.

short story is a couple guys make a restaurant for kids. one robot gets smart, other robots seem haunted but just one smart bot controlling them all. smart bot harasses its creator and creators family and restaurant visitors to try and escape its prison.

thats if im remembering correctly

>Fnaf hasn't been near original since the first one.
4 and Sister Location were pretty different from the first one, and World was a completely different genre.

Holy shit, they seriously pivoted to it all being super advanced robots? What the fuck?

Haunted animatronics was actually a neat idea, what you are telling me is pants on head retarded.

I miss the lore threads we had when the first game came out. I get that these things get shit out way too often but finding easter eggs and trying to piece things together is my weakness.

this is what happens to games like undertale.

Sup Forums loves the game, then the fandom gets infected by faggots and Sup Forums no longer want to associate with it.

But that was because Undertale became shit.
Everyone liked it for the milf and the meta shit. And then the meta shit and the milf were pretty much gone from the full game.

but the point still stands.

Sup Forums likes games when they dont have a cancerous fanbase

>be in the mood for FNaF discussion
>go to general /vg/
>try to discuss
>e-drama of fanfic writers
>'when will furrylover89 finish my commission?'
>99% of posts are terribly drawn lewd pictures
Being here from day one when Golden Freddy was a myth, to witnessing the furry take-over, I totally understand why most of Sup Forums hates the series. I understand it's not completely out of hate for the games or the creator. This must be what Sonic fans feel like.

Best animatronic in the series.

Why do you hide inside your walls,
When there is music in my halls?
All I see is an empty room,
No more joy, an empty tomb.
It's so good to sing all day,
To dance, to spin, to fly away.

Foxy is my favorite.

Which one?

autism and furries

toy chica is my favorite.

I'm no furry but I'd fuck that robot.

Eatin' chicken

all the plushies are adorable

The first one. One of the best scares in the entire series imo.

Well done, OP, well done HOWEVER furfags need to gas themselves

Bunnies

Toreador March plays in stereo surround

He pulls it out of his ass each game. Each game is a pileup of retcons. Don't bother, user. I say this as someone who likes the series beyond the "guilty pleasure" excuse. Enjoy whatever scares you can get out of them, and let it be.

The actual game, the mini-springbunny minigame and the overworld of Fnaf 4 were always supposed to not be about the same child and house. (and the fact it wasn't a major theory was obviously why Scott was kinda angry/disappointed about the communauty not seeing an obvious piece of the puzzle)
The whole experiment thing with the children in the secret room and at least Baby still being possessed (her eyes became green after she killed the girl probably means the plot is leaning toward both advanced AIs and psychic ghost children.
I think it will be Golden Freddy and Puppet being confirmed the same being and the most powerful of the psychic child ghost who gave life to the other children. (a plotline since FNAF2 and its minigames)

This. The story should have ended at 3 with 4 being an extra side story, not related. SL kind of jumped shark with the story, especially by insinuating 4 wasn't a dream. I wish he never made those books.

To be fair, he didn't write much of the book, that was Kira.

He probably wrote the plot but didn't do the actual writing.

>tfw best Foxy was destroyed to become part of a noodle clown

Kind of. It doesn't explain why Circus Baby recognizes the girl. Maybe they were just that smart, but seems like a weird thing to say.
>youtube.com/watch?v=zlqvyzIH_9c#t=12m40s
>Isn't this why you came here? To be with her again?

>e-drama of fanfic writers
The writefags stick to their own business, actually. The drama always comes from a bunch of drawfags who've sequestered themselves into cliques, and don't seem to really give a shit about what falls into the thread.

I still think it's an okay place though, even when filtering a good chunk of the userbase. There's some good OC that gets posted at least once or twice per thread, as in stuff that feels like it would've been in the original Sup Forums threads, and semi-regular discussion without "I want to fuck ____" shitposting. The rest of the fanbase and fan communities make /5N@F/, for all it's flaws, look like a fucking monastery.

Everyone's favorite pile of parts.

William's daughter is possessing Baby.

The drawfag drama isn't from the drawfags themselves but a few anons who feel the need to drag shit in from outside the general solely to cause shitfests. It's very rare that a drawfag starts something themselves, and even then it's usually anons throwing tantrums over things that have nothing to do with the general itself.

It's still haunted animatronics, just haunted vaguely scientific animatronics. Jumping from furry terminators to a robotic version of The Thing isn't too far of a shark jump.

3 and SL were fairly ambitious compared to the other sequels. The problem with the developer's efficiency at putting these games out is that he doesn't have an actual writer to overlook him before he does it. He needs someone going "no Scott that's a terrible idea".

Let's cut it off here, and continue the discussion in the /vg/ thread if you'd like. I don't want us to derail what's going on in here.

And good ol' Fredbear.

Was Fredbear the first, or was it Freddy? Maybe Freddy and Fredbear were the same at one point? Kind of want to know the history on Fredbear in a future game.

Disregard how his "Whole" appearance looks in there, this is what Fredbear really looks like.

Oh God help us if Scott has Fredbear looking like this.

I haven't played one of these since the first, but I do like his designs.

That one RPG he did had sweet designs too. Not the FNaF RPG, the older one.

Fredbear was the first, in his own restaurant called "Fredbear's Family Diner". He'd later be joined by Spring Bonnie and then the Fazbear Four (in the pristine version of their Withered designs from 2). Afton's younger son getting chomped ended Fredbear's time as the mascot, though, and he was retired with Freddy Fazbear taking his place.

I don't play the games and probably never will, but I like how the designs slowly go from normal animatronics to hellspawn killing machines as the series goes on. Especially the nightmare versions.

The Desolate Hope is amazing and fun, it's sad that it didn't get FNAF's level of popularity.

youtube.com/watch?v=t3YnLPZzaGM

Everything I've seen from the creator as a person endears him to me. He seems like a nice guy, and I hope he makes a lot of money before this train goes off the tracks.

Scott is a really sweet guy who loves making games. And he can be a bit of a troll, which honestly makes him more endearing. And anyone who can create something like Souldozer is automatically awesome in my book.

youtube.com/watch?v=NpeOiKG8VaU

Anyone here play The Pilgrim's Progress? Anyone good? Looks pretty neat.

What kind of man builds a machine to kill a girl?

No, really, how the fuck did William not see any of this shit coming?

I did a long time ago, it's fun but damn does it get challenging at points.

I also recommend Chipper & Son's Lumber Company, mainly for Scott's amazingly bizarre sense of humor.

The SL bots were all designed to distract adults and kidnap kids. And William did do his best to prevent his daughter from getting to them, until Baby's debut day when she snuck into Fredbear's to see Baby and got grabbed and accidentally killed.

I have zero issue with this guy pumping this shit out every couple of months. I mean, I obviously don't play them, but as stupid as it is, it gives me nostalgia for the old days where I used to love edgy shit like creepypasta. It's always neat to see how he sneaks in easter eggs and hidden endings and all that crap, and this is just junk made by a single guy. It's not like he's wasting an entire company's efforts with this shit, it's just easy, easy money, and I don't blame him a bit.

Honestly, I enjoy watching uncommented lets plays when the games come out; it's like watching a shitty, campy horror movie. It's got its own stupid charm to it. Not to mention his more ambitious 3D designs (pic related) remind me of early 90s CGI games.

Except for the merchandise, that shit is obnoxious and cringe-inducing to see literally plastered all over every inch of every Gamestop ever.

Also I hope there are more human robots because I love robots, but I hate furries. Circus Baby a cute.

>that part about chipper eating his own wife's corpse
>that SOMA bit where he builds a robot duplicate that may or may not have murdered and replaced him
>everything about the termite lore

Scott really does seem like a weird guy. Not necessarily in a good or bad way, just not the kind of guy who you'd expect to fall ass backwards into a franchise.

>"Well, well. Our furry nemesis has created offspring. How dreadful."
>"Yes, your father and I go way back!"
>"Did you know that he once dressed like a giant termite and climbed our highest mound?"
>"He dropped a bomb right into the middle of it! Oh boy, there were some mothers crying that day. What a kidder."

>What a kidder
Gets me every fucking time

Circus Baby and Ballora are best bots.

Ballora does a great job at capturing the uncanny valley feel of the original bots, and mixing it with "seduction", according to Scott. It would've been great if she played a bigger role in the game, but I guess that's what the sequels are for.

Springtrap and OG Freddy still outweigh her, though. While I'm fairly dissatisfied with the story of the original trilogy past 1, Springtrap was a great idea regardless and brings things full circle with the Nightmare On Elm Street analogies. Freddy had a similar level of buildup as Springtrap, and worked well because in the Sup Forums threads he was a force of nature. First game was best.

It was actually Circus Baby that Scott specifically asked for a seductive tone of voice, along with a bit of sadness. I find her voice to be very cute.

Ballora's voice, now, god damn it still makes my pants tight. I love Contralto-type voices.

I love how fucking absurdly over-the-top the Nightmare animatronics are.
>ALL those teeth desperately crammed into Fredbear's distended mouth

Scott did say he had stuff in the works.
If one of them is another installment in the series, what are your hopes? I personally see some home invasion shit with Ennard and Springtrap trying to break into William's house. Having to blockade doors n shit

>even the cupcake has teeth

You forgot SECRET LAB and HE DIDNT DIE but that's about right.

Body horror. Something like Shin Godzilla for Springtrap would be absolutely horrifying, with William's burnt face peering out at you.
And playing around with Ennard's tentacle stuff. I would love to see some The Thing bullshit. Like if an animatronic spazzes out one night, and you see it's body parts split apart to stalk the facility like Voltron.

My number one wish is probably no retcons or half-assed plot twists.

I kinda hope for another side-game a la FNaF World, but maybe for Sister Location? It'd be fun to get a sort of "extended universe" of what the franchise of the sister location was like.

Beyond that, just more pushing of the spooky envelope, more crazy secrets, etc.
I always love the days after an FNaF game comes out and streamers are all desperately trying to search for secrets. It's even a bit cozy.

So what happened with SL? Did it get any updates? Is a new game Announced?

While I like the Nightmare Animatronics, the masses of pointy teeth and claws with ripped-up bodies is a bit samey and predictable as a horror trope.

Nightmares needed to look more like something Ed Roth would create.

FFFFFUCK I NEED BALLORA TO SUFFOCATE ME

It might have been something else, I do remember Scott requesting something weird for Ballora though. Sultriness might have been what I was remembering.
Ballora was best bot, but damn was Night 2 disconcerting.
Between Ballora and the technicians' corpses, I'm surprised he still makes all the merch and books. It's stretching the "kid's game" definition pretty thin at this point, what with all the gore and other bits.
Nothing's been confirmed about a secret lab or who's inside Springtrap, though.

Okay, for all the deepest lore stuff I have seen I haven't seen any theories as to why the AI was trying to kill you and torture the robots.

It got a Custom Night update, which is similar to FNAF 2's Custom Night with various modes and four difficulties for each mode. Beating each night on the hardest difficulty reveals what happened to Michael Afton after being scooped and worn by Ennard until he barfs up the mass of metal into the sewers, comes back to life, and after beating Golden Freddy Mode on Very Hard there's a cutscene at Fazbear's Fright with Michael speaking then Springtrap steps into view for a second

Yeah, there was a Custom Night update. It was pretty addictive actually, you had keys binded to everything but the cameras. It added a cutscene where the SL protag turned out to be one of Afton's sons, and seemingly the protagonist of FNAF 4 as well. Ennard jumps out of his body, and then we see Springtrap in the ruins of the FNAF 3 location, while an audio recording of Michael talking about SL's story plays.

Jealousy? It sure as hell wasn't going anywhere.

I'll agree with Ballora (though she was designed to distract and that she does), but the spooky and "gory" parts are pretty tame. Silhouettes of the dead technicians, unseeable but wet splopping when you're walking through Funtime Auditorium, what happens to Michael, yeah it's ooky but still kid's material, like Goosebumps.

Run and hide mechanics. Like imagine if you ran around in a circlular map and had to hide or keep running from the animatronics on the prowl.

Also spookiness akin to the first game. I want some uncanny animatronics that dont look like they want to eat you just make you uncomftorable.

The AI voice was probably just a malfunctioning machine, and using outdated information that the robots were using to their advantage. They're clearly smart enough to circumvent the weight detection systems, so chances are that the difference between what he was telling you and what they were actually doing was a conscious result of their actions.

Handunit dindu nuffin, he was a good bot.

I was speaking more in general of the series. Springtrap would fetch an M-rating if it was a AAA title.

fuck, ballora's tall.

Depends on how detailed he is.

6'3". But Circus Baby is even taller and she lactates ice cream

I don't know why Scott designed that model to be seen for three seconds in the actual game. It's not even used in Custom Night. And yet he admitted that she and Ballora took him the most time to design.

I think he has a lot of fun modeling things.

So much fun that he forgets to save them. That's why Souldozer is lost forever.

>Circus Baby and Ennard aren't in Custom Night
>Bidybab, Yenndo, two versions of the Minireenas, an Electric-type Bidybab, and fucking LOLBIT are

Scott confuses me greatly sometimes.

Don't forget the pink Bonnie. Or how he talks about Spider Ballora but forgot to put it in.

Scott's weird about this stuff.

I would have loved to see Ballora climbing on the walls and ceilings in the Custom Night cameras. I can understand wanting to use the sound mechanic and having the door cameras useless but he could have put her in the other cameras similar to Mangle in 2.

Five Nights at Freddy's is the Paranormal Activity of video games.

It's more like the ANOES of video games because it introduces a plot twist with each sequel relating to Freddy.

>2- It was a puppet/Freddy's a faggot
>3-The killer accidentally killed himself/you can have dream superpowers
>4-It was all a dream/Freddy's mom is a nun?
>5-The killer had a daughter/Freddy's mom was raped repeatedly
>6-The killer's wife possessed ____/The killer had a daughter

>Guy creates a jump scare game and puts """Secrets""" in it
>Fans make up story on what they think
>Dev realizes the fans are mindless idots and can milk game after game without having to make a story since the fans do it for him

Thats it, there is no story.

edgy pseudo-deep bullshit to bait game theory and similar frauds to whore him money

in short
>rich guy who's a serial killer on the side builds robots to kidnap kids
>ghosts/spirits of dead kids possess the robots
>robots begin vengeance war on adults
>rich guy's family is left fucked up and dysfunctional
>rich guy's company won't get rid of the animatronics or get help to avoid an investigation or the family getting locked up or losing their money
>you play as various shistains dealing with rich psychopath's haunted ghost robots
>h

>7- Scott does the ultimate cashgrab and has Freddy be possessed by Freddy Krueger and every game has been someone's nightmare

>"I'm angry that someone is successful in life by making video games and can't understand how people can like this thing I hate"

A better twist than FNAF 4's "lol, nobody died in the series".

I prefer the Fuckboys series myself.