The GOAT 3DS game came out today 5 years ago. Can we have a comfy Uprising thread to celebrate?

The GOAT 3DS game came out today 5 years ago. Can we have a comfy Uprising thread to celebrate?

To start off:
>What are did you guys think of the game overall?
>What does it place on your all-time lists 5 years later?
>When the fuck is Nintendo announcing a sequel?

10/10
high
never ever

Here's a beter question- whats the best weapon and why is it tHE MOTHER FUCKING ARTILLERY CLAWS
9.0ed ever mission with those babies
later got some beam claws with +4 cont. fire, those are also pretty solid

>ARTILLERY CLAWS
My fucking nigga. Beat the entire game on 9.0 with those fuckers too. Weapon of choice in multiplayer as well.

Been replaying the game today and it's just as good as I remember. Tried beating a level on 8.0 with a club though, what a fucking mistake that was. Clubs are garbage.

PIT

>The GOAT 3DS game came out today 5 years ago.
Not even the best 3DS game of 2012. Not even the best game of March 2012.

>Not even the best 3DS game of 2012. Not even the best game of March 2012.

What was, then?

Best 3DS game of 2012: Style Savvy: Trendsetters.

Best game of March 2012: Journey.

The fact that people can honestly insist this isn't the best game on the 3DS concerns me.
Its seriously that good and I pity those who skipped out on it.

>when is it getting a sequel

Super smash bros for the 3ds pretty much was it's sequel

Fuck yeah. It's the one Nintendo game that does voice acting right, plus online battles were a ton of fun.

>tfw No Wii U port
It's like they hate easy money.

The game is trash. I have more fun playing Space Harrier or Sin & Punishment. At least those games aren't bogged down with shitty voice acting and writing that waves the fact that they're "sequels" to a 25 year old game despite playing nothing like said game. They don't bend over an IP and rape it.

Now look I love splatoon but they didn't make a wii u port because they didn't want it to outshine the sakurai is a hack and refused to let it be made

Didn't play it, sequel when?

I quite enjoyed this game. The gameplay is pretty good, and the characters are excellent. Hades is definitely in my top ten favorite video game villains.
Shame we won't see them for another twenty years.

Damn near perfect, only downside is that you can't play it for more than 20 minutes without breaking your wrist.

It really did turn out to be the best game on the 3DS though, who woulda thought.

Love it, terrible at lists so not sure what I'd say on that,
I'm fucking shit at the game, but screw it. Played it a bit again today, cleared some levels on higher difficulties than before so making progress I guess

This is high on my wishlist, but since I'm 100% digital and Nintendo games never go on fucking sale on the eshop it might be a while :(

only 20 more years left for a sequel boys

My Nintendo's currently offering a discount for the game...for 30%

Post more Palutena.

oh wow, thanks for the heads up. I have a ton of points sitting around waiting to expire and was wasting them on themes just yesterday because I never expected their offers to update before the end of the month. I may just have to get it now. :)

How many times have you fapped to palutena? 50...100 times?

The game got into my 3x3 favorite list. It is just an amazing game with huge replay value, great difficulty that goes from a walk in the park to insane levels, the music is amazing, the whole alien invasion saga was completely unexpected and has one of my favorite tropes (heroes and villains joining forces against a greater evil) and the online just werks.

I should get back to it, I still have to beat the Magnus chapter in 9.0.

Every single day, to be quite frank.

>>What are did you guys think of the game overall?
I thought it was a fantastic game. 9.5/10, maybe even 10/10.
>>What does it place on your all-time lists 5 years later?
One of my favorite games of all time.
>>When the fuck is Nintendo announcing a sequel?
Not for fucking years, even still. At best, you might get a Switch port.

10/10, lots of risk/reward gameplay and variety of weapons, levels,bosses, a solid localization (Japanese version is less awesome) and voice casting / direction and one of the best musical scores in recent Nintendo history.

Top 10 for sure.

Might be soon if this recent addition to MyNintendo is anything to go by.

What are those? Themes?

0/10.
Not even on my radar.
Hopefully never.

Nope. It's the 3 shorts they had prior to game release available to download digitally.

Ah, alrighr

>anniversary
>NEW GAME CONFIRMED
lol no

>implying Sin & Punishment doesn't have bad voice acting and writing

The idea is neat but the way it's presented is 10x worse than Kid Icarus Uprising

Also it controls way worse than Kid Icarus Uprising and the last boss is artificial difficulty.

What do you think Sakurai's new project is then, new IP?

He's been working on it since last year I believe.

Watch it be a Smash 4 port to Switch with like 2 new characters. Waste of his fucking time.

>tfw pit isn't real and your cute little bf

HADES

fags OUT

Air Ride 2 (8 player online city trail)

It was pretty good. 9/10, also had a lot of fun with online
its not in my 3x3 but id say is in my top 10 3DS games
20 years

PIT

im left handed and could never get comfortable with the controls. fuck you sakurai!

>Also it controls way worse than Kid Icarus Uprising and the last boss is artificial difficulty.
Are you talking about the original or Star Successor? Either way I don't recall the final bosses being unfair.

fags IN

>Sakurai working with HAL

They didn't even partner up with Sakurai to work on Sm4sh due to Namco Bandai partnership.

The original where you shoot the fake planet.

Maybe I just sucked at it but it felt pretty ridiculous.

Okay so this worth checking out?

Seems like a shitty rail shooter tbqhwy.

>Buying games on the 3DS
>Giving Jewtendo your hard earned cash

LMAOING @ UR LYF RN

It's only partly a rail shooter; at the start of the stage, then it switches to a third person shooter

it's the best star fox game since 64 with a ton of replyablility, lots of customization, and good multiplayer

10/10. I have really enjoyed and made 3 save files on which I completed all with different main weapons.
Pretty high, I still play it by time to time.
No idea, but should I know that they are making one, you bet I will be hyped for it.

Also, Skyscraper Club for life. It is the King of Triple Kills online.

The closest thing to perfection i've ever played, no game managed plataforming elements better than Uprising did, which is funny 'cause it's not a plataformer

Didn't think much about where i place it, but it's probably top 3 after God Hand and Metroid Prime 2, no idea about 5 years later

20 years i guess?

That's good, since Star Successor's controls were sex.

>but it felt pretty ridiculous.
Yeah, you can expect to take a lot of chip damage, but I recall it being doable.

Thanks. Downloading it now. I'll find out if its GOAT status holds in about few minutes.

Take your time with it and enjoy, it's a pretty short game with only 9 chapters, but the ammount of contents makes up for it

This still game amazes me in how good it is.

the controls take awhile to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's a blast.

What a hipster faggot

Damn only a handful of games receive such unanimous praise here on Sup Forums

My expectations are already through the roof.

I bought a 3ds back in 2011 got Icarus March of 2012
Only game I ever had for the system
The DS had so many, but nothing else on the 3DS really ever caught my attention

Well there are people who shit on it just like any other game, especially when it comes to the controls or voice acting, but we're having a celebration here

>no game managed plataforming elements better than Uprising did

HADES

Is the multiplayer still alive?

PIT

Are you pirating it?

Started playing again a few weeks ago, and am still having trouble with the controls. I turned sensitivity way up and tried my DS Phat thumb stylus. It helped, but is still uncomfortable as fuck during the ground sections. I have the stand, does that help?

I want to love it because of the presentation, voice work etc, but need some help with the controls. I'm sure I'll get called a pleb.

Raise your knee and rest the 3DS on it

HADES

how do you handle the touch screen? standard stylus? thumb? thumb stylus?

Obviously he is. That's Freeshop. The E-shop on a hacked 3DS.

I hope it bricks his 3DS then.

Standard Stylus, turned the sensitivity up just a square and half, get used to flicking the screen rather than keep contact with the touchscreen all the time

LMFAO Nintendo babbies really are dumb.

>trying to beat it on 9.0

I only made it to chapter 8. I can't even imagine trying to fight Hades heart on 9.0.

Stay mad :^)

In the meantime try making a good weapon with huge honming, or ones that have charged attacks traveling in an arc so you can attack it from over the walls

How do people have issues with the controls? My little sister beat the game and had no complaints throughout. Just loop your pinky on the underside.

I almost believed you until you mentioned Journey.

I think for SP the controls are fine but for the MP I recall using the powers in a fast manner was a bit uncomfortable. I don't recall any control options to help with that, but it's been a good while.

Powers can be selected and used on the D-Pad

I'm not mad at all, I just hope you get fucking cancer :)

>tfw Fashion Forward sucked

I suck at crafting.
I've just retried the chapter 9 and didn't make it past the flying section. I also ran out of hearts. Maybe another day.

Viridi is perfect.

I hope you get treatment for that asshurt :^)

Toodaloo buycuck... so many free games, so little time.

I wanted to like the game because it was really charming in its 90s saturday morning cartoon way, but playing it left handed without the extra stick grip was such a fucking pain to do.

Wasn't it down on the d-pad? If you could change it to up then I guess I missed that somehow. The d-pad is small enough that I'd still say it's a bit awkward to move fast and switch at the same time. Which is only a problem in the twitchy MP.

mods please ban this fucker

Fuck no. She's more than perfect.

You can't blame the game for being born handicapped.

Yeah you can, that's where i use it, mostly found myself switching in the middle of combat while i was performing a dodge

Medusa > Palutena > Viridi

How underage are you? Isn't it WAYYY past your bed-time little Timmy?

fuck off

>Pandoras claw
>Strong freezing effect
Occasionally freezing online opponents and using that to barrage and use instant kill items was so satisfying.

Who's your favorite boss or character in general Sup Forums?