This is the most overrated game of all time

This is the most overrated game of all time.

Discuss.

nah

It's certainly the longest pokemon battle of all time. The damned girl can't weaken Ganon to catch him, so she throws pokeballs at him to keep him occupied for 100 years until Link decides to get his health down.

Nope, that would be this piece of shit, or maybe one of the Uncharted games.

If you're posting FO3, then you're wrong because that brings Skyrim into it.

You have to wait. A game can't be the most overrated of all time if it just came out, people are still in the honeymoon phase. Remember MGSV? After a few months people finally admitted the huge problems that game has. If history remembers it the same way they you may have a case.

It will be funny seeing shit like this years from now.

I am so glad I'm not you. I completely get the hype and I'm loving the game.

I dont care if people think this is bait

W3 is a good game, but not nearly deserving of the amount of praise it's received.

>hurr this good media is overrated I'm so cool and edgy because I don't conform to the popular belief that it's is all that good, I mean it's a good game and all but it's not THAT good

Kill yourself. You can never have too much of good
or too little of bad

Its a bit too early to be making a bold statement like this.

OP here, W3 is the second most overrated game of all time.

The open world genre is the biggest fucking meme on the planet.

relax nintenbro

>it's a meme because I say so

This is why no one takes you seriously

jesus calm down you fag

Skyrim is a much better game than Fallout 3. The story, while not good, is at least coherent. The world map isn't a horrible mess of endless subway tunnels, trash pile invisible walls, and instanced areas. It actually has a decent number of side quests, albeit not so great ones compared to Oblivion. Weapon, armor, and enemy variety is far greater. Towns (again, not great compared to previous TES games) are are better and more numerous. Fallout 3 is one of the least aesthetic games ever made, the art direction is just terrible, while Skyrim can look nice at times. Skyrim has better DLC, too. To top it all off, Fallout 3 is cripplingly buggy and crash prone. Skyrim is more stable than its predecessors, especially the Special Edition.

LOL

>He thinks open world games aren't a meme genre

This is why no one takes you seriously

FF7
HL2
DS1

Zelda is overrated! Yeah! Fuck Nintenbros!

How are they a meme genre?

That image is absolutely hilarious.

Nope

Quality does not matter, Skyrim Defense Force. We're only talking about being overrated, which it is.

Horizon outsold Zelda

Too bad boost mode still doesn't put BB at 60 fps

4 months later u still mad

BOTW finally surpassed it. OOT was at least a decent change from 2D zeldas, had a good style and memorable sets, good dungeons and bosses, and a passable story.

BOTW just kind of apes current-gen, worn out open world style gameplay and adds in zelda elements. Nothing inherently creative about it besides things like the physics engine, or stopping time to pull a Taopaipai.

Horizon is shit too.

They've stagnated so much that whenever a game comes along that does an aspect of an open-world game semi-decently people lose their minds and call it the best game ever.

People lost their shit because the witcher 3 had decent quests, and now people are losing their shit because zelda gives you the freedom to do whatever you want in whatever order. Other than those aspects both games still share the majority of issues that plague the open world genre. The fact that many people think that BotW is a "perfect" game shows that open world games have no hope of ever actually advancing as a genre.

Skyrim is 2-3 points higher on Metacritic than Fallout 3, and Fallout 3 is a vastly worse game in just about every aspect. It's more overrated.

And I'm hardly the Skyrim defense force, Morrowind is my favorite TES. I just really hate Fallout 3.

The Last of Us.

God no, 5th gen collectathons in general have always had their share of detractors.

>It's more overrated.
This is false because nobody talks about FO3 anymore. People don't stop talking about Skyrim.

>This is now the best Spider-man game of all time.
Discuss.

Sorry, bud. BOTW's real innovation is using Peter Parker as Link, and fooled everyone into buying it.

Zelda does a lot of things right for an open world game though, you would know if you actually played it

>does an aspect of an open-world game semi-decently people lose their minds

Try

> does a dozen aspects from a dozen games better than those games did it
> while also adding it's on unique features & game design to tie it altogether into something that forwards the genre

I'm tempted to agree

It's like they took OoT, removed the fun and made it an MMO

Fuck off.

>you fight copy-pasted enemy types with different colored skins for most of the game
>everything feels half-assed as a result of having to fill the world with as much stuff as possible (examples of this are all of the shrines having the same visual theme, the 4 main dungeons being short and shit, and the fact that the world is mostly a barren wasteland inbetween the points of interest i.e, shrines and korok seeds)
>sidequests are mostly boring fetchquests with no interesting stories attached to them

>does a dozen aspects from a dozen games better than those games did it

Give me examples of aspects of different games it borrowed from and how BotW does those aspects better.

That would be morriwnd, half life 2, and fallout 3

Thats got nothing to do with the console and its capabilities you twat.

> Give me examples of aspects of different games it borrowed from and how BotW does those aspects better.

Two easy easy examples:

Ubosoft towers
- BoTW doesn't splurge you with icons ruining exploration
- BoTW doesn't make you just jump off to the base, it's a vantage point to see where you want to go, spot things & glide down
- BoTW incorporates puzzles & challenges in getting them, turning them into mini world puzzles with sporadic combat
- Compared to Assassins Creed where you climb, splurge everything and then jump straight down

Radiant/adaptive AI ala Elder Scrolls
- BoTW simply applies it to combat not just neutral NPCs
- Compared to scrolls where 99% of mobs just lineup to be shot in the face or look like spastics & easy pickings for meme youtube videos

>"It's like they took the name of a game and slapped it on a completelly different game with ps2 graphics."
ftfy

>half life 2
and tf2

Inside is about a hundred times more overrated. At least Zelda is a good game to begin with.

It may have a bigger world than Ocarina but its dungeons are way shittier. They're all very samey even down to the bosses. Every dungeon on N64 was unique.

I mean, critical and fan reception may be overboard, but it really hasn't been out that long so saying "of all time" is a bit of a stretch, my dude.

Why is Sup Forums nintendo central nowadays?

It's like every flaw from previous videogames perpetuated in BotW is forgotten only because it is a Zelda game.

Is it time to abandon Sup Forums for good?

Sup Forums has always been nintendogaf you newfag

*unseathes Bloodborne*

heh...lurk more kiddo...

How do mobs work in BoTW? I'm starting to see silver dudes now and I never did before.

I think it scales with shrines.

People have the Wii U & now BoTW a go and it turns out to be pretty good, but the proportions are muddled because there are fuck all idorts/nintenbros on here so you'll always have a sea of shit posting muddying the waters.

It most definitely scales with divine beasts & blood moons, not sure about shrines or anything else but I've been playing for 85 hours and only just yesterday did I smash out some divine beasts and after each one I had a blood moon and there were stronger variations everywhere.

Easiest place to check is the Coliseum, after 3 beasts they get royal gear & silver bokoblins etc, after 4 I think it's elemental gear mixed in.

Still the honeymoon phase, so many will stop pretending it's the best game ever soon. On the other hand, it's been nearly two decades, and OOT is still regarded as the second coming.

>Coliseum
I don't even know where or what this is and I have 3 beasts beaten and 62 shrines. Guess I'll count that as a good thing.

Exactly. Half life 2 is LITERALLY, AND I MEAN LITERALLY the MOST overrated game of all time. Not only is it praised as the "Best Game Ever" but it isn't even good, not for when it came out and not now. Fuck man. pac man was better than this crap. I would rather play fucking pong or space invaders, anything but Half life 2. Fucking useless piece of shit, boring ass Vehicle sections and mindless nothingness going on. Fuck me i still can't believe that people enjoy this game. AM I IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE. WHY THE FUC-

North west of the Plateau is the "Coliseum" (odd spelling Nintendo), it has mountain attached to one side & goo on the other. The base has a Lynel & the structure is filled with Bokoblins, Lizalfos & Moblins. It's one of the best places to get up to date gear besides raiding Hyrule castle.

Took me ages to find too because I spent 60-70 hours just playing in the southern/eastern half of the map.

You guys have been saying that for 3 weeks now & people are loving it while still seeing flaws in the game. How much do you expect this to change months or years from now when people look back?

> hmm I got 100+ hours out of it
> Still had the same flaws at hour 100 that it did at hour 30
> Still had the same strengths at hour 100 that it did at hour 30
> Still was a fun & rewarding experience for a solid 100+ hours
> Still does things better than other games
> Nah it's all of a sudden really shit

Normally the longer you play the more the games flaws break your immersion, BoTW is one of the first games where you'll hear people all over this website saying the longer they play the more they discover to get excited about, not everyone but most ppl.

>- Compared to scrolls where 99% of mobs just lineup to be shot in the face or look like spastics & easy pickings for meme youtube videos

Bullshit. Enemies will take cover, try to search for you if your presence is felt, will rush and pick up other weapons, and will employ tactics like attacking from multiple sides. Don't lie to make BOTW look better.

>W3
That's Warcraft 3, underage. What you posted is abbreviated to TW3 i.e. (T)he (W)itcher (3), you stupid fuck.

They won't say it's suddenly shit, no one implied this so don't strawman. What they will do is look at it more objectively, and acknowledge the flaws instead of ignoring or defending them as positives.

Mate....you've seen the memes too. Oblivion's radiant AI was a great first step, they abandoned half of it or 2/3 of it with Skyrim and the combat AI of Elder Scrolls games have never been good, besides like you said they might pick something up or try to circle you but for the most part they're retards that will just stare at you on a rock with their heads kinked up in an unnatural way.

You'll smash them as they line up for easy bow shots and then they'll "concede" which gives you 0 interaction before they get up to finish the fight.

Again, BoTW applies that adaptive/radiant AI to combat not just neutral NPCs, but those two examples really should suffice as an illustration.

>Overrated
>After its already released

Play the game before you pass your bias judgement.

SuperBunnyHop hit the nail on the head with his review. It's grindy, samey, and extremely repetitive. It also has phenomenal environment and atmosphere.

Honestly, if they just gave the option to work towards an unbreakable sword, shield, and bow, there would be a better feeling of progression and mastery. Also, there need to be secrets that are fucking WORTH IT. I hated finally getting the spirit horse, only to find out you can't register it. There should've been a secret stable for special mounts, and even more amazing mounts spread thru the game, like ones that can fly or jump (giant bird? lynel?)

I don't think that will really happen with the stuff people bitch about that haven't played the game; like durability & the open world. They're divisive but people will be defending and more importantly explaining it for a long long time.

You're probably right though with other aspects like lack of unique long dungeons, special items & better quest writing. I guess some people that defend it now will probably be more critical of it later.

The thing is though, while preferences for certain features can change, the parts people defend are largely things people whine about and so many times it's people that haven't even played the game which is why a perfectly fine or even good feature needs to be defended in the first place.

If this was a multiplat or had a PC emulator day one working 100% this wouldn't be an issue as with most other games.

> Honestly, if they just gave the option to work towards an unbreakable sword, shield, and bow, there would be a better feeling of progression and mastery.

Isn't that kind of the point of working towards 13 hearts for the Master Sword & working towards more weapon slots as you end up with like 15-20 high quality melee weapons you will never use so you've got free reign to use whatever you prefer? I mean that's exactly what happened to me & judging by the screen shots of everyone 60 hours+ looking similar, I'd wager it's the same for most people.

how do you know he didnt play it?

>i need skinner-box incentives to have fun while adventuring and exploring
die

It's easily the best zelda since OoT.

Not saying much tbqh

They should have made the champion gear unbreakable or, at the very least, self-repairing like the master sword.

It's not paradigm-shifting like OoT was but it's still a fantastic game that does an open world right for once.