This is the first monster hunter type game I've ever played...

This is the first monster hunter type game I've ever played. It's also the first JRPG I've played since Ninety-Nine Nights. I only took notice of it because I saw that it was getting some poor reviews on steam due to the absence of kb+m support (controller works fine IMO)

Anyways, how does this rank among the monster hunter and monster hunter type games? As someone who is completely new to the genre, with little else to compare it to, I think this game is a solid 8.5/10

no OP, but I was wondering the same thing. Also, how much better is the PC version than the PS4? I have an ultrawide and i'm nervous it'll cause to many issues.

Bumpu

I was just glancing through some steam reviews and it sounded like a solid port but a bunch of people were giving it a 0/10 because muh KB+M

Is like God Eater, but easier.

As for MH itself, there is no point on comparing them, MH is a very solid franchise and for the MH fans this game is nothing but another clone trying to feed on the franchise's popularity.

Why doesn't MH ever export their games to PC? pls

Because they're retarded and don't think it'll have a market on PC.

Gooks all around hate money, it is the same reason they refuse to bring over some of their actual good looking MMO's.

Ive been craving a good MH game for a while now. Was tempted to buy a 3ds for cheap to play. However, then I heard about this game. And decided to wait to see how the port turned out. Considering the first's port was terrible. However, it seems as if its a very solid port. I'll probably pick this up. Looks like a lot of fun desu.

>how does this rank among the monster hunter and monster hunter type games?

MonHun is the king, but Toukiden is my next favorite because it's a casual button-masher with greatly-improved camera controls.

The monsters/Oni are cool, and I usually hate AI companions, but in Toukiden they are fairly self-sufficient.

There are MH games on the PC but they are hated by the fans, I understand it tho, those games play like shit and use gen 2 for everything (we are at gen 4 almost 5).

MH is a handheld franchise like it or not, we are not the main consumers, japs are, and they like MH in handhelds, so we get MH in handhelds.

>Ninety-Nine Nights

Mah nigga. That witch girl that controlled water and flew around on a broom is the first 2D character I ever fapped to

>The monsters/Oni are cool, and I usually hate AI companions, but in Toukiden they are fairly self-sufficient.

I'm only about 7 hours into the game so far, but the spider with a lions head gave me a proper spook the first time I fought it. Also, my companions are all stronger than me

I'm debating getting this game or EDF 4.1
I see this game for 49 on g2a and steam has EDF at 32 bucks.
Just looking for something new to play.

>g2a
Enjoy having your keys revoked and enjoy paying for something you didn't ask for.

How's the multiplayer? I know that this game is open world, but how does the multiplayer factor in? Does everyone race against each other to hunt one monster?

Monster Hunter is miles superior to Toukiden. You should play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite via PSP emulator rather than this.

never had that problem.

>this argument again

I've saved close to $500 in the last 3 years thanks to G2A, and not once have I received a bum key.

Make me, punk

Just because you've never had it happen to you doesn't mean it isn't a problem for others.

g2a is scummy as shit. If you really want to save yourself some dosh, isthereanydeal.com is the way to go.

and you could use reddit i guess.

Games are very different. EDF being a chaotic TPS while Toukiden being a MH type game.

basically this. toukiden isn't bad by any means, it's just that monhun is just that much better

Hey, it's your loss.

does this have anything comfy like the farms in monster hunter?

g2a is fine since you can always just file a ticket and get your money back.

The main village is pretty comfy, but thats about it

But there is a Monhun on PC

It's all in nip, names Monster Hunter Frontier

>you now remember that there was a ninety nine nights MMO

is it a straight up MonHun game? i mean, are there trash mobs in the overworld?