What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Turned big event bosses into borefests/
youtube.com/watch?v=6n4M0OFqRVg
youtube.com/watch?v=wFLfrRfIc5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

XVkun and all his autistic shilling and shit taste couldn't save the game from being shit.

Please stop what you're doing.

stop, this isn't what this thread is for, it might be later, but not right now

Story was poorly told, combat didn't work too well in large-scale encounters, side characters received little to no development, many of the side missions were lazy fetch quests, and the imperial dropships were fucking annoying.

Still a good game though.

Development hell. Kept pulling them off the project to salvage other shit like the XIII sequels and the "New" version of XIV.

Basically, the game is EXACTLY what I would expect from a game that is about 2 years away from release, as something to show the executives to let them know what you're working on. All the base assets are there, and even a few impressive things, but the world needs filling and a lot of story is missing.

Too much
IMO, so don't go nuts xv-kun. Yes i know your opinions are facts

Combat and Story.

XV-kun is an ok guy

Yeah that too. What the fuck were they thinking with that Bahamut design? The rest of the summons looked cool but Bahamut is just some fag in armor? Fuck you SE.

Too little story and content. They should have held the game back a year and release it with all of the current and planned DLC included in the game.

Antikun, SBK91 and the other retards like who spend their lives shitting on the game because they're in denial that it's better than any other FF despite the flaws.

Final Fantasy XV was supposed to be the emotional catharsis that allowed for xvkun to get over his childhood trauma. Unfortunately, it was a shit game. This drove him over the edge. He has to, he must, defend the idea of the game in his mind before the reality became apparent. Do you understand? That memory of the pre-release hype is the only thing holding him together. He clutches at sand.

SE can't make games anymore.

Fuck the DLC, yhey shouldn't have split the story between the game, the movie, and the anime. There's a good story there but it being broken into chunks completely fucks it.

So, if you literally stripped him of his armor, he's just a big, normal looking guy?

You sad, sad man

You're really in denial that XV was a fantastic game despite the flaws.

He's the guy on the cosmogony cover.

user, I agree that it's a good game (possibly even my 2016 GOTY) but to say it's better than every other FF is just crazy talk.

Unfortunately. He's just some giant knight in XV.

XV-kun made thousands of people on Sup Forums hate the game, including me.

I might have thought it was OK if not for his constant autism shitting up the board and ironically highlighting all the massive flaws that I might otherwise not have noticed.

Wrong.

>Turned big event bosses into borefests
>QTE guards and autododging
>hold-button combat with little variation (the occasional pause-combo move, and some generally awful d-lefts).
>Made magic less a tool and more a "skip boring fights" button.
>First FF since FF9 to use boring cutscene summons, and managed to make them even worse with them activating in dumb ways.
>The main mixup is teamattacks which are more basic than KH2's Limits, and also lack the resource management, so are just spammable iframes.
>Item usage is straight dumb, when they not only got this right back in KH1, but also in 13 LR.

Get the fuck out of Sup Forums XV-kun.

fuck off cunt my opinions are facts. go suck nomura cock

Fuck off antikun.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Turned big event bosses into borefests/

This is very true. I beat the game and would casually pop into XV threads to discuss what I liked and disliked, but seeing him defend every aspect of the game like some deranged fanboy really changed my view on the game itself

I never felt like I got the hang of making combat fun

There were only a handful of cutscenes throughout the entire game. Just major plot points, and nothing in between. Side characters come and go without impact. The plot is bare bones simple.

Even the art direction is just kind of meh to me. I like the designs of the main characters and some of the locations, but a majority of the world and the people look like any western open world game and it was pretty underwhelming.

I managed to have fun with it but it did not feel like a full Final Fantasy game

I agree. I was underwhelmed with the game, but the more XV-kun defends it, the more he denies the blatant problems with the game, the more he blatantly lies, such as "No city in any FF matches the city sizes in XV," the more I find myself examining what he said, and disliking the game even more.

>First FF since FF9 to use boring cutscene summons
Kill yourself my man. Or at least fuck off until you turn 18. Summons in X, XII, and XIII were dogshit.

>Even the art direction is just kind of meh to me
I literally preferred the art direction of the original Nier game to FFXV. At least they had the excuse of being a budget title made by a shit developer in a rush. FFXV had a solid fucking DECADE, is on a more powerful console, had SE devs working on it, and it still comes off as a budget title to me.

It is, people just have nostalgia goggles on too tight.

Nice lies. You already decided to hate it from the get go, if someone on Sup Forums defending a game is all it took for you to not like it then you're shallow and never intended to even give the game a fair chance.

That's fair, but IX were probably the worst summons in the first ten games.

>I never felt like I got the hang of making combat fun

Neither did I. I really hate the guard QTE mechanic and the Camera. Enemies also have no wind ups and constantly interrupt your attacks.

shitty action combat

They're glorified spectacles that can either be instakill buttons or cutscene exclusive ADHD-panderfests. They appeal to the Call of Duty crowd who enjoy graphics rather than gameplay, y'know, people like you.

He's basically Sup Forums's version of crackkun.

Fuck no, 2D FF summons are garbage compared to any 3D ones let's be real

>Nice lies. You already decided to hate it from the get go
Yeah. That's why I preordered it and was able to start playing it the second it struck midnight. Because I wanted to pay 60 dollars just so I could potentially rustle someone's jimmies 3 months later.

Now you're just being contrarian.

GET THE FUCK OF MY BOARD XV-KUN

GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD ANTI XV-KUN

YOU'RE NOT WELCOME HERE.

OUT

OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!

Learn the difference between graphics and art direction, XVkun.

You'll never believe me, and I can't really blame you, but I defended this game vehemently before launch from naysayers and Conan-posters. I made a JPN PSn account just to play the Judgment Disc and my overall impressions were positive at that time.

every
single
what

youtube.com/watch?v=6n4M0OFqRVg

the fuck did i just watch

That doesn't even make sense when summons are cutscenes in pretty much every FF.

XV is the first FF since FF9 to use boring cutscene summons

liar! falseflagger! this is all a huge conspiracy! fuck off haterz

I'm really not. You've got the desert and the green area. That's it. And while the graphics are inarguably better, there's nothing in that vast desert or vast green area that really comes off as anything substantial.

Then, when you take into account the other things that go into the phrase "art direction," like the accompanying music, in my mind, they are about on par once, because the music of NieR is its edge, and makes up for the graphics of FFXV, in my opinion.

Even if you did play it you're lying about what you just said earlier, you already decided you'd hate it before playing it.

Story was told terribly, you can only explore on one continent, combat, while fun, was a bit messy and could have had more polish so that the only rational way to get through some encounters weren't just tank with your 99 stock of Potions, Hi-Potions and Phoenix Downs, also items are too OP in general.

FF 9 is still imo the most enjoyable 3d FF.

>even after all this photoshop it still looks like a cat turd
o im laffin

The fanbase

XV has better music and art direction than Nier. Fuck off antikun

No, I didn't. I bought it new, and, while it wasn't my favorite game by any stretch, I was still playing it past the endgame for a week or so (took me about 2 weeks to get through the main story, just because I'm a fairly busy guy).

Then, after putting it down for a bit to play some Far Cry 4 and Bloodborne, and talking to you, I've just had no impulse to continue. Last time I played was like 2 days after the carnival started, just to check it out.

Yeah and I'm talking about the art direction.

Anyone can say "i was fan of thing now i hate thing", doesn't mean you were.

>Sup Forums memers hate on FFXV
>Ending is pure kino

youtube.com/watch?v=wFLfrRfIc5A

So should I be glad I didn't buy this? So I just watch it on youtube?

>XV has better music than Nier
You can't be serious. I refuse to believe it.

Maybe to 12 year olds who conflate undeveloped characters dying and Hollywood gimmicks with maturity.

Noctis was plenty developed

So 6 out 15 FFs aren't cutscenes? Big fucking whoop, 2 of those are MMOs and 2 of those was before summons were even a thing.

No he wasn't.

That picture gave me eye cancer. What PS1 game?

Yes he was

I saw that image and thought it was FF8. The Galbadia City arch.

Anyways, at minimum, FFVIII and FFX had better art direction than XV. XV just has the same European feel as many other classic FF games, just with the shine of newer graphics.

I love how you're stapled "hater" for small criticisms even when you still liked parts of the game

1truth
Pesmerga
Tpose something
Anti-kun
Nomurafag
Stella/Versusfag
Kagari
NeithOF(this is the only person who browsed Sup Forums)
SBK91
and one more I forgot, illuhsomething

XV-kun is fucking insane, search both Sup Forums archives to see him have posted these names thousands of times.

NO YOU

Chapters 1-8 focus on fetch quests in and out of the main story content. Chapters 9-14 focus on the actual plot, and what isn't there isn't well-written nor well-presented. Everything seems stitched together, and lazily written. It has been admitted by people involved in the production that the game was rewritten many times, and it is insanely evident upon playing the game. Inconsistencies everywhere, missing plot points, underdeveloped plot threads and characters.

To make matters worse, Square Enix assumed it would be a good idea to split the game into a movie, an anime, a Gamestop-only pre-order exclusive game, and a prologue novel. Without seeing the anime and the movie, you'll be utterly detached and lost and left with an underdeveloped main cast. To make matters worse, Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV is a poorly-written mess, with inconsistencies with the game, terrible camerawork, and nonsensical action, such as the main character reversing in his car up a skyscraper when it is falling down, stuck in between buildings.

Even if you were to watch the anime and the non-free movie, what you're left with is a disjointed narrative that was quite obviously meant to be far more grandiose than what it is. Every single character outside of the main bros lack screen time, giant events are handled off-screen, and to make matters worse, most cutscenes are presented in a lazy fashion, with stilted animations. As a result, there's no potential real attachment to the plot or characters; merely the idea behind them is possible to emotionally invest in.

It is quite literally the worst big-budget RPG story I have ever experienced. What's good is the concept and the potential, but it is completely destroyed by the gargantuan amount of rewrites that destroyed the narrative. In an attempt to rectify this, Square Enix has promised free story patches, but what's here is so poorly-written that the story patches ultimately cannot save the "quality" of the story.

This is real? Damn I thought the dude just had emotion issues since I heard he creid after getting into an argument in a how to fix XV thread, but this just makes him seem like a psycho.

The music in XV is superior though, listening to wunderlust while running around leide and a snowstorm kicks in and the Zu flies overhead, the low sunset glistening and creating atmosphere, the monster noises heard in the distance. Art direction in nier is actually quite poorly implented and doesnt look as good as the artwork, in XV the graphics and art direction work in tandem to evoke the same thing artwork does.

What does any of that have to do with what i said?

Why do you keep calling them boring? They're quicker and to the point. The ones that replace your characters can at most be a third as interactive. Doing about five actions with a summon to achieve in reality what could be a single attack just wastes my time. Also all summons post-III (which was to my surprise the best implementation) to IX style sucked besides X, which was tolerable.

It really saddens me that XV-kun shilling dominates all discussion of this game, because I really actually enjoyed it and would love to talk about it without everyone sperging out over whether or not they thought it was shit. Granted, none of you even play video games.

You don't know what photoshop is and no, it looks fantastic.

I know. I feel like if he had never come here we could have a decent discussion about this game for once. I play video games btw.

>XV
>Better music than Nier
Not even as a joke, you autistic failed abortion monkey.

stop

>He pretended he was the guy that posted the bazztek twitter (which was me, but he didn't know then), he said he was a real life friend of XV-kun and that XV-kun has multiple personality disorder taking advantage of the drama a user by the name 1truh/Galvanization had started some years ago (the guy even had his own EncyclopediaDramatica page lol). That guy was to FFXII exactly what Bazztek was to XV and he had posted himself that he uses multiple personalities while on the internet and so Bazztek claimed that "Bazztek and 1truth/galv are the same person". So people bought it pretty easily because everything was adding up.
Has FFXV-Kun got a personality disorder?

I like how you try to use the song that actually sounds like a shitty fucking recorder in your defense to something like NieR's Hills of Radiant Wind.
You're wrong, plain and simple. The only song I can think of from NieR that FFXV MIGHT beat is the Wretched Automations (and I'm biased against that song, since I spent so fucking long listening to it).

>Doesn't look as good as in the artwork
Think that the game was made by a shitty studio based off the amount of money in Square's swear jar might have something to do with that? I already stated that the graphics were prettier in XV. Has nothing to do with art direction though.

I hate to do it but, this.
I'd add that Adamantoise was a massive letdown too, which I think is a big deal considering it's the game's one superboss.

Stop your damage control and fuck off before you get banned again, 1truth you nigger.

Probably! So far(from what I know) he's threatened rape, lied on several occasions, his family hates him apparently, and he literally cries over losing arguments. Dude' got issues.

You can stop samefagging now.

There was also whatever they called Omega Weapon, which was pathetically easy to beat. Just go somewhere he can't reach, counter his long range attack that is counterable, and warp through the horizontal lasers as they come towards you, then warp back. I was at Level 50-ish, and beat him in 2 in-game days.

He was more developed than any other FF protag.

Yes he was.

No, first of all it looks nothing like 8 and that place in 8 was based on France, not Italy like Altissia.

Because all of them exist

1truth is the faggot antikun tried to accuse of being me.

Antikun is tposefag aka Pesmerga
SBK91 is launch-luk
Kagari and NeithOF both exist too
Antikun, SBK91 and Kagari are all nomurakuns

That image you posted is just proof of how sad you fucks are that you pretend any random poster who says shit to people shitting on the game is one person, you are literally a fucking hyocrit doing exactly what you're complaining about.

No it's some random post they are pretending is me because they're desperate to smear me.

>Has FFXV-Kun got a personality disorder?
Evident by the fact that he's told us things in the past which he now denies. Though I'm more inclined to say he suffers from splitting.

what the fuck

Do you even know what same fagging means. Seriously though the dude just ruins every thread. Nobody wants him. We just want to talk about FF XV. Is that too much to ask?

>He was more developed than any other FF protag.

Cloud, Squall, and Tidus were all more developed and better characters.

>No, first of all it looks nothing like 8 and that place in 8 was based on France, not Italy like Altissia.
Ok. Still looked similar enough to me that it took me a second to realize it wasn't FF8.

wtf

what is wrong with you?

Platinum may be overrated but their previous character models looked perfectly fine, great even. Everyone/everything in Automata looks better in concept aside from 2B, 9S and Simone. It's definitely an issue but it's not really one typical of Platinum

A lot. I got more enjoyment from Drakengard 1 than FFXV.

Samefag.

We were talking about the original NieR. Made by Cavia.

It is literally impossible for 2 of those posts to be samefag, due to the time posting constraints. Even with a pass, one person couldn't post twice in 11 seconds.

Ah, I see. I suck cocks.