Was he right, Sup Forums ?

Was he right, Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oKt3EFOELwg
youtube.com/watch?v=AqrMlOUkfc0
soundcloud.com/soobag/sets/nier-automata
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How the hell does he have 2 weapons equipped?

Also he did nothing wrong.

>Hurting A2
He did everything wrong. No mercy for shouta Caim

>shouta Caim
I hate this meme. Calling 9S shouta Caim is an insult to Caim's character as a whole. How the fuck can you compare some autistic beta android to Caim?

>muh 2B

Literally no better than Joel from TLOU

at least taro knows how to make a game instead of a glorified interactive movie

>Caim
literally sex with a sword and a passion for murder

>at least taro knows how to make a game
after 4 failed starts. nice to see him catch up with the rest of the world

>an insult to Caim's character as a whole.
He said no to his glorious sister, wanted to furry fuck a dragon instead.

Caim is a shit.

Don't forget Platinum stepping in to make the gameplay actually fun.

I dont get the comparison.

Caim was kill crazy before he even had a pact beast, 9S only lost it after finding out everything was a lie and watchinghis only friend get impaled.

The dragon had more personality than a cardboard box, so it had that going for it. I'm not a furry enabler of any sort. but his sister bored me to tears.

Also fuck A2, she was almost as nothing of a character as 2B

What part of having her face down has anything to do with talking or personality?

I fucking hate playing as 9S.
This is boring as shit.

literally hack through the entirety of route B and rush through everything so you can get to route C and get hyped on

lrn 2 use his heavy moveset

A2 dindu nuthin

He was also dealing with a virus that was slowly eroding his sanity throughout as well.

I'm glad YorHa saw fit to upgrade A2's ass when it came to designing 2B.

How will 2bfags ever recover?

Am I supposed to play some other game before this one?

Why did A2 desert? Because she was butthurt about people dying in war? Why was she such a cunt about it? Command did nothing wrong

The first NieR ideally.
But not necessary.

If you play the first Nier there's a lot of stuff in Automata that'll hit you harder than it would if you didn't.

Nier and a short novel for the story, and if you wanna truly suffer and know the full setting that led to Automata then Drakengard and Drakengard 3, and read all the supplementary material online.

youtube.com/watch?v=oKt3EFOELwg

i have nothing to add to this

41 hours in, I never thought I'd wish for more expansions and/or dlc for a game.

I didn't know how much I needed that version.

G-got more?

>tfw i thought the suffering would slow down after the horror that was the beginning of C
>tfw I took the A2 route twice in a row
>tfw I was completely wrong
also I feel awful because I missed like 80% of the sidequests and haven't played Drakengard or NieR and know I'm missing out
but I don't want to reset my entire fucking save to redo all the shit from A and B

>Marx and Engels are both made out of industrial machinery
>Engels is defeated when his own parts are turned against him
>Simone is obsessed only with beauty and a man's love
>Hegel is defeated by the merger of two polar opposites
>Kierkegaard is the pope of an organized religion

>>Hegel is defeated by the merger of two polar opposites
what the fuck does that even mean
you hit him with sword after turning red and he dies

You get chapter select later buddy, literally can't miss anything. Except maybe Emil.

Wasn't it implied she found out that humanity was extinct? It's what I took from her line about it being command who's lying to them after the forest castle.

> hamfisted philosophy references
Fucking japs

Was Grun also a philosopher?

I'm not opening that spoiler.
>you get chapter select
Thank god. Now all I need is decent 360/PS3 emulation and some creativity with a PS2 emulator.

Is Drakengard worth playing? I've been looking at it for literal years now and never actually got around to it.

I think she found out in the stage play.

At what level can I fight Emil ?

I believe the stage play is about her squad.

You're gonna want to be 80+, for sure

Boku-Shi (墨子) = Mozi
So-Shi (荘子) = Zhuangzi
Ko-Shi (孔子) = Confucius
Ro-Shi (老子) = Laozi

Really makes you think.

I've never played them, but every time I ask Sup Forums says no. No idea senpai

>steam cards sell for a buck each right now
Next Steam sale, here I come

Drakengard is a train wreck of a game
The graphics are bad
The gameplay is bad
The characters are insane and the music will turn you insane, just like them
Do it

I'm lvl 65, at which chapter/place can I farm xp?

I remember the place in the desert where you fight Adam for the first time, spawns 38 lvl enemies indefinitely, but I'm not sure if it's enough.

>the gameplay is bad
I heard it was like a musou, and I'm a musoufag.

If you have the patience for a painfully mediocre musou, back when the formula was still new, then yeeeeessssss?

Honestly, just look up thedarkid's lp's of the drakengard games. Drakengard 3 is playable, but only if you can put up with frequent shit framerates. 1 & 2 are just dreadfully dull, gameplay-wise.

Not playing this trash until it's cracked
Anyone wanna spoil me?

> just watch someone else play the game
Kys cancer

It's worth playing just to experience it. And dragon sections were kinda fun, actually.

youtube.com/watch?v=AqrMlOUkfc0

There's a golden bunny statue in the middle of the amusement park that's lvl 80. Smack it around for a little over a minute, and it'll come alive. It's piss easy to farm off that thing, just save/reload.

the entire game is "oh you thought shit couldn't become more miserable? check this out"

She found out the whole ded human PLUS the fact that her whole squad was sent on a suicide mission just as a trial run. I'm sure the latter make her more upset. She also know that she will get re-program and her memory erased as soon as she get back to the bunker for sure so she was like naw. It's very interesting that her spec and personality was being used for 2B and she comes to a very similiar mindset as 2B in the end.

>rhimes
fix this

So, what does 9S mean when he says the "so that's where you were, 2B" line if you choose to stay for ending D? Was her data on the ark?

Well, it's kinda a mosou game. You slaughter entire armies

A2 mentions previously that 2B's memories are in the sword that impales 9S

>looks up to the heavens
I'm sure you can figure this one out on your own.

More please :^o

Also Automata's full ost
soundcloud.com/soobag/sets/nier-automata

> robots
> misery
They're just dumb machines

You're part of an Android army fighting for the human race

Your enemies are a robot army fighting for an alien race

The alien race turns out to have died out ages ago
So has the human race

In the end it turns out you're all just disposable machines incapable of more than just a pale imitation of human behaviour fighting an endless, senseless war neither side can ever win because it's in your nature to do so

Exfuckingcuse me?

>tfw these guys never got a happy ending
Hurts to be a machine.

>my face Pascal
For what purpose Taro

Being ko-shi and ro-shi must suck. Imagine being ordered by network to stop these 2 YoRHa androids in this god damn tower. One android was the best OG YoRHa android of the first batches of prototype who survive after completing an impossible mission and gain years of experience. The other android is the most advanced new android model. The machines had to face the two GOATs of of their respective generation, and both are very pissed.

It's like Musou if in later levels every 10 steps you came across enemies you couldn't press Triangle on otherwise they'd insta-kill you.

Those aren't even spoilers. You can do better then that.

Can you walk away instead of hacking/killing him? Will he commit suicide like his children?

You can and he probably will but you don't see it since it happens offscreen probably.

This game has so many questions.

Are all 9S models bound to come to the same thoughts and feelings? 9S being endlessly killed by 2B, their back and forth for hundreds of years before the conclusion in NierA leads me to believe yes, they do. Was saving them at the end of ending E really the right choice to make, knowing that eventually they'll succumb to the cycle that their predecessors succumbed to as well? They are machines that can think and feel, and yet they will eventually be replaced or wind wiped, only to be replaced and have the cycle start all over again.

Time is a flat circle, with little hope of breaking the pattern. With YorHa gone, maybe that will be the catalyst, but as machines made to function to serve humanity, to carry out their programming, will the cycle ever truly be broken?

No.

>both are pissed
>one's so fucking crazy he stapled another android's arm where his old one used to be is about to hack the Christ out of you

Yes
But it feels even worse than killing him

How do I deal with the feels, anons?
This game to me was a masterpiece and it moved me. I've just been listening to the soundtrack and growing threads about this game for the last 12 hours.

Does it get any better?

2B kept killing 9S because that was her mission you dunderhead.

The other E class android you see has killed a bunch of people. I'm going to assume 2B is the same way and isn't programmed to kill specific people.

No. Welcome to being a Taro fan.

Would you a 2b?

Why is she so worried about the missile launch if she knows that humans don't exist anymore?

Knowing Taro, the worst ending will be cannon for the next game.

you must become a madman yourself like yoko taro and create suffering

She's programmed to kill 9S. Did you play the game?

>The machine in the village that pretends to be retarded to trick others into giving him money and revealing their true characters
>2B and 9S talk about the machines being rather docile at the start of the game
>Route C happens

>Why is she so worried about the missile launch if she knows that humans don't exist anymore?

Did you miss the part where the say the reason for project YorHa?

The moon base is still the home of the "android government".

You walk away, he says "How can you do that to me, A2!". He doesn't appear anywhere afterwards.

Remember when they said all the Gestalt/Replicant data is stored there, along with the human genome?

shoulda been like i can't hack shit nigga i'm a combatt robutt

I've played every drakengard and nier game to completion. Even got all the weapon stories. Just because I'm mad, doesn't mean I don't recognize my folly.

>just beat ending E
I'm fucking empty inside.

9S might be the only 9s model currently out there so we don't know. It's very possible that all 9S model will meet the similiar fate of constantly having to be wiped after finding out the truth and becoming out of control/destructive. That's just the nature of 9S unit. YoRHa probably wouldn't have a lot of 9S running around since there's a risk of the using model and it's costly to have all the E units to babysit them all the time as well.

There are some other S model that look similiar to 9S but they aren't exactly like 9S since they have different personality setting.

2B is a very similiar spec-wise to A2 and their mindset is very similiar to each other in the end despite having significantly different circumstances.

Is there any way all of that stuff is still somehow valuable or does it just sit there to figuratively gather dust and be never used for anything again? Because if it's the latter... why even bother?

Welcome to the club, user. You'll never leave. Boot up the soundtrack and start browsing threads. This is your life for the next while.

I'm empty on the inside too, mate. It'll be okay. This was a wonderful game, wasn't it?

>mfw I killed him because I thought the fate of him having him forget everything was to cruel to suffer through
>all these anons telling me about UNCLE PASCAL UNCLE PASCAL
>torn on the inside now at the same time I think I did well to prevent him from that cruel fate

Did I do the right thing?

they used the info to make the yorha droids so there at least useful for making waifus

This game is just too depressing.

>the game will have a happy ending... of sorts
>of sorts

He was fucking right...

It's still the last remnants of humanity. Maybe something will become of it, maybe not. If the machines destroy the moon though, that's the literal end of humanity - of any trace they even existed, bar their ruins. If you'd been programmed to love and protect humanity, I imagine you'd at least want to preserve their DNA and "souls".