Reviewers who were paid/ scared to lose ad space, give an undeserved game a perfect score

>Reviewers who were paid/ scared to lose ad space, give an undeserved game a perfect score.
>Game actually has tons of flaws and is not outstanding in all it attempts.
>Fans have taken the false praise to heart and will completely denounce/ignore any criticism.
> A good but but not excellent game will go down as one of the best of all time and nothing can be done about it.

How did we let this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gNLMDWZY6_A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My rule on game journos is this: I will not consider something good if they like it. after all, why would these casuals who lap up Skyrim and Fallout suddenly say Zelda is good? And why would you believe them?

Wait, are you talking about Ocarina of Time?

>I am literally incapable of comprehending the fact that some people really like the new Zelda
I mean, it's not like it's Ride to Hell Retribution or anything, people CAN like this game you know?

why would these casuals who lap up Fallout 4 and give it a 9.5/10 suddenly say Zelda is mediocre? And why would you believe them?

But BotW is fucking incredible.

The journos aren't wrong and it's a strong 10/10. You can have some flaws and still be a 10/10 you miserable fucking shitposter.

t. Switch owner who literally just bought Horizon Zero Dawn and is about to play it

imagine if you spent all that energy you use to shitpost on Sup Forums into a productive career

imagine how much money you could make. You might make enough to afford a copy of BotW or a computer good enough to emulate it

NO! You're allowed to call any other game a 10/10 because you're entitled to your opinion BUT NOT BOTW!!!

Youre wrong OP, its an excellent game. As perfect as they come.

Havent had this much fun with a game since Vagrant Story. Its my favorite Zelda and probably the best game released this decade.

Hahah, playing Horizon AFTER Zelda, youre going to quit mid-way, that game is garbage compared to Zelda and youll make comparsions. Also, I couldnt continue it becoz of the SJW bullshit and feminism

>you can have some flaws and still be 10/10

I disagree but who fucking cares really

>You can have some flaws and still be a 10/10

First off, this is wrong. Secondly, "some flaws" is an understatement. BotW suffers from quite a lot of varying degrees.

>Also, I couldnt continue it becoz of the SJW bullshit and feminism

Clearly just parroting what you read on Sup Forums. Not to say the game is good, it's not.

You are allowed to disagree with reviews, as they are nothing more than opinions.

>Game has flaws
>10/10
Pick one
I'm not saying its a bad game, but ita certainly not 10/10

>How did we let this happen?
>Fans have taken the false praise to heart and will completely denounce/ignore any criticism.

do we pretend never evers weren't thrown out to anyone complaining about the shitty invasion mechanics of bloodborne?

A game can have flaws and still be amazing. You cannot determine a game's worth through an emotionless series of bullet-points. Truly great games create a feeling in the player that can't be put into words.

Every zelda game is average as fuck. This one sticking out like sore thumb just because it's always being compared to any modern game.

ITT: Stop liking what I don't like

>A game can have flaws
If it have flaw why is critics gave it 10/10 other than being bribed?

pic unrelated, obviously

skyward sword and mgs4 got 10/10s all across the board and were praised by fans on launch and both are recognized almost only for their flaws in the current day

ITT: Stop dissing nintendo REEEEEE

You are stupid and autistic, you shouldn't try to discuss creative works like videogames, they are beyond your understanding.

>people think games can be objectively 'perfect'
>people think only objectively perfect games can be rated 10/10

A 10/10 rating just means it's the reviewer's highest possible recommendation. It doesn't mean you scientifically take the game's "goodness" concentration and find it to be 100%.

It's a 9/10 game, so by the fake video game "journalism" standards, it deserves to be called a 10/10. If you don't like it, don't blame BotW, don't blame the fans, blame the shitty game "media"

>why would you believe them

I don't. I know where you're going with this, but unlike the hipsters of Sup Forums, I refuse to listen to game journalists, and ol' Sterling here is a shining example of why.

See, if he had given Zelda a 10/10, every single Zelda fan on this board would be defending him as /ourguy/ and so on. They already do it with polygon and kotaku and even Frustrated Fernando.

10/10 doesn't mean the game is perfect you fucking rube.

It's a 9/10
Not a PERFECT game, it has its flaws, like anything else
Specifically THE FUCKING GYROSCOPE LEVELS ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Hey, it's Jim Sterling, the guy who gave Silent Hill Downpour and DMC Devil May Cry better scores than the best game Nintendo has ever made!

>no u

ITT: shills, viral marketers and fanboys. This game is a 7/10 at best. Every ounce of criticism ignored because muh Zelda or my personal favorite YOU NEVER PLAYED IT!

>This game is a 7/10 at best
Hey Jim, you didn't respond to my post!

>We
Dude, look around you. 90% of Sup Forums is Plebbit now.

This desu. BoTW is a pretty amazing game, but it isn't a 10/10, but more like a 9/10.

>I like game
>SHILL! VIRAL MARKETER! FANBOY!

???? name a perfect game with zero flaws that got a 10/10 score

Nah, shut the fuck up. This game is so fucking good it makes me angry. Not at the game itself, but at all the shitty open world games I've had to settle for over the years and for whiny cocksucking contrarians trying to tear it apart because they can't stand people enjoying it.

So you acknowledge that game journos are biased, and often give games scores that they don't deserve. yet you still fully defend them are legitimate?

10/10 is a point on the scale, and thus, is achievable. It's stupid when people say a game can't be a 10/10. Yes it can.

>it's a Jim "Silent Hill Downpour is better than BotW" Sterling ignores your posts

user, do you defend the jimquisiton review on BotW?

A game can totally be a 10 but I'm with thr others snd don't think BOTW deserves a 10. The flaws just prevent me from doing so. I enjoyed it for sure and it's a solid 8 for me.

It really says something that the furthest anyone is willing to go when shitposting about this game is to say it's not literally perfect (10/10) but merely pretty darn good (7/10).

but you said game journos are objectively correct and cannot be argued with. Which is it? If he's wrong, then all game journalists can't be trusted since they're guilty of it too.

No, I don't defend Jimquisition. I hate him for being everything wrong with the industry.

by every single fan you mean the 2-3 shitposters (and maybe Sterling himself) that have been saying he's shit right now to pool interest.

It's happened for 30 years, and will happen for 30 more. Go play your Witcher 3 and ignore it.

>Jim "Fallout 4 is a 9.5/10" Sterling
>Jim "Not even my wife wants to fuck me" Sterling
>Jim 'Jizz on Face' Sterling

>it's a Jim "DMC Devil May Cry is better than BotW" Sterling ignores your post thread

>games getting 10's for fucking years
>game in a series many Sup Forumseddit teens hate because it's made by japs and comes from a company whose golden years came when they weren't even alive gets 10's all over the place
>"Uhhhh how can a game even get a 10 at all I mean that's impossible.....

>>People disagree with my objectively correct opinions
>How did we let this happen?

No idea. We truly live in the worst universe.

>Sup Forums is still broken over BotW being the most important and near perfect game since OoT

comfy

>beat Zelda
>was OK

WHAT ARE NEXT?

Oh... wait...

Let me ask you this then: do you think Jim is an idiot for giving Horizon a perfect score? How about him giving skyrim and Fallout perfect scores?

If so, why?

youtube.com/watch?v=gNLMDWZY6_A

He's right you know.

>let this happen

What can we possibly do to change it? We don't hold any leverage and most of the internet is scared of Sup Forums so no o e would take anything we say seriously anyway

>It's a Jim "Modern Warfare 2 & 3 are 10/10 games" Sterling ignores your post post

By trying to vapidly criticize something you know nothing about only solidifying people's justification of defending the game when you should've played the fucking thing to get valid criticism or stfu.

Now you've done it and I couldn't care less the result, we needed games like this anyway.

>a "perfect score" means the game has no flaws
I'm not saying scores work, but that's not how scores work.

Well I thought it was pretty stupid to give HZD a 10/10 and then turn around and lower BotW's score for having "Ubisoft towers" even though HZD had those too yet he gives it a 10/10.

What post am I ignoring? Repost it or link to it, and I'll answer it.

>bitching about five second loading times

Also holy fuck why

So you're saying that one game doesn't deserve the praise because you think another game is better?

Now, what if I was to say that I objectively hate all open world games, and Horizon and Zelda were no exceptions? Would you at least say that I'm more sensible than Jim Sterling?

>it's a Jim "BioShock Infinite is better than BotW" Sterling doesn't know what post he ignored

>WAH THERE'S TOO MANY FLAWS SO IT DOESN'T DESERVE A PERFECT SCORE

I don't think you understand why this got a perfect score.

>Fallout 4 takes ages on PS4 to load
>FFXV takes 30 seconds to load
>BotW takes FIVE seconds to load
LOAD TIMES ARE TOO LONG IN BOTW!!

WHAT ARE NEXT

Dam, people still arguing over scores. Let me just say this, botw got 10/10s right? So that means it automatically should win GOTY 2017. If it doesn't, then that means the reviews were over glorified. If it does then that means the game was a 10. We'll have to wait till then for this feud to end.
The game is really an 8 though.

Okay, so you don't want any discussion. Fine, have a last (You) and begone.

What part of 59 don't you comprehend.

That's gonna be tough, user. My brother started Horizon before BoTW even and gave up on because he said it was too much like Ubisoft open world games. He's playing BoTW since, said it was far more enjoyable.

>it's a Jim "Hyrule Warriors is 9.5/10" Sterling doesn't want any discussion post

I'll make it more clearer for you.
>Zelda review: "Ubisoft towers? EEEEEH! -1!"
>Horizon review: "Ubisoft towers? Cool! 10/10!"
Why does one game have points taken away for having a mechanic one of his 10/10 games has?
Try not to misinterpret my argument this time.

>know nothing about
Everyone and their mama plays zelda on this board. I'd imagine even most of the shitposters know more about Zelda than the reviewers. We are entitled to express our opinion and we are informed.

You don't understand Horizon Zero Dawn's strong independent women with an ethnically diverse cast set in New Tehran under the african AI GAIA is a masterpiece 10/10, the blue-eyed aryan "male fantasy" rescuing a princess BLEH 7/10 and THAT'S ME BEING GENEROUS!

Informed about previous games maybe, not this one. Evident by the constant "muh Ubishit" "muh empty world according to the stream I watched".

Doesn't Horizon also suffer from the overload of pointless vapid sidequests that ubisoft games have, along with them cluttering up your map? I mean I know there's dumb sidequests in BoTW but, at least they aren't there on the map staring you right in the face all the time.

>Why does one game have points taken away for having a mechanic one of his 10/10 games has?
Because Jim is a hypocrite, that's why. A hypocrite with an agenda. AKA your average game journalist. I'm saying you shouldn't listen to him, or any game journalist.

Are you getting me here, my dude?

BotW truly has caused the biggest butthurt in recent history.

Ah, the classic Ubisoft's "Points of Interest" system, that's been ruining every game since it came out, yes, yes it has that.

>some flaws
>some

The game has a LOT of flaws and while most are minor some of them are HUGE. It's an 8/10 at BEST.

Why do you think that is?

>Nintendo makes their best game ever
>7/10 and that's me being generous!
>btw this by the number Ubishit? 10/10!
I wonder why

>A good but but not excellent game will go down as one of the best of all time and nothing can be done about it.
If you know that its nothing special and just in the good range not in the once a lifetime FF7, planescape, alundra, baldurs gate 2 category.. will it really go down as one of the "best" of all time for you? Not for me lol not even close and I AM the most important reviewer to me :)

The part in the middle where you play the videogame? And also deliberately dragging your feet to extend the timer? Bitching about how long it takes to load into and out of a shrine is the most nitpicky bullshit. Literally the only unskippable portion of the sequence is the animation of the laser cage breaking.

>The game has a LOT of flaws
Not really, no. It has a few flaws, none major.

It's a 9/10 at LEAST.

imagine if you spent all that energy you use to shill on Sup Forums into a productive career

imagine how much money you could make. You might make enough to afford good taste or a computer good enough to emulate it

>Nintendo makes their best game ever

Can you back this up with a source? And I will not listen to anyone who's ever praised a garbage game like Skyrim or Fallout.

>biggest butthurt in recent history.
Not as big as the witcher 3.

Jim builds his reviews less around the game itself and more on how much attention and controversy it will cause.

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 you fucking newfag

lurk more

>no major flaws

The empty overworld is not a HUGE flaw? Delusional. Or the terrible voice acting and story? Or the the four crappy dungeons?

...except when it's a Sony game

10/10 != perfect

Nothing is perfect, this has been addressed many times in the past with another obviously flawed game that got universal praise, TLoU. There were glaring flaws in the game play, AI was messy, bugs/glitches, and the story was 'meh'.

It just comes down to this. 10/10 means it's a game that no one should over look if given the chance to play it. The faults are easily overlooked by everything else the game has to offer.

If you don't like it, so be it, but give up trying to convince others to not like it as well.

>empty overworld
Play the game

>terrible VA
Minor flow

>Story
Quest: "Destroy Ganon" is the best storyline a game needs

>crappy dungeons
Play the game

Just finished the game last night.
while the game does have it's flaws (simply running on the console) the overall experience is fantastic, in fact its such an enjoyable experience that even when technical flaws happen you are so engrosed in the game that you don't mind them and the really big ones happen like once or twice during the whole experience (for example really big drops in FPS during fights inside Hyrule castle, I noticed that it happens with a particular foe, so since I've been twice inside teh castle and fought the same enemy twice, the same framerate drop happened with that particular enemy)

The game is not perfect in the sense, that it runs flawlessly but in the sense that as a game it accomplishes being really fun, the combat is entertaining, the weapons are cool, the feeling of exploration is superb, the attention to details is excellent, the shrines are entertaining and cool that you can solve them in various ways, some people won't like the weapons breaking but that's only a nuisance at first, I'm at the point in the game where I can take out 4-5 guardians with a single weapon and I can replenish those easily now, however what I do not agree with Jim, is docking 3 whole points based on the single complain about weapons breaking.

Nah, he's gone out of his way to completely bash games for having sexy women or pandering to anime waifufags, which mostly only appear on Sony platforms.

He's just a bigot, fatass looking for attention and the best way to do that is to ruffle the feathers of specific groups during their highest periods. He's a lard filled, male version of Anita at times.

Every single major flaw in Skyward Sword was taken to heart and they did the exact opposite of them in BotW. People will complain no matter what they are presented with.

Do tell these flaws. The only valid criticism I've seen is about performance and even that might improve with updates, as it does with nearly every modern open world game.

>MMO-tier fetch quests
>THe same reused assets in every single shrine
>Low enemy variety
>900 collectib- I mean koroks
>Ubisoft towers

Literally "It's okay when Nintendo does it".

The durability system is a big flaw that is present every second in the game same with the limiting stamina. Both are things that sterling hated with a passion and both of these retarted issues are for example not present in horizon which is a reason why he rated horizon a 9,5 and zelda a 7
You dont have to be a sony zealot to have issues with one of the worst durability systems i have ever seen in gaming.. and i am 34 years old and started out with the amiga.