Didn't add Chrom because he didn't want to add "just another swordfighter"

>didn't add Chrom because he didn't want to add "just another swordfighter"
>adds in Lucina.

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

sourcegaming.info/2015/07/29/plucky-little-guys-olimar-and-alph-in-smash-4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shut the fuck up fucking gaijin. Have you ever made a game? Huh? HUH? Stupid fuckign white pig think you know game design. Tripping was fine. Rage is fine. Ledge trumping is fine. You stupid fucks are having the wrong kind of fun and I won't stand for it

that adding chrome would've meant another new moveset for another swordsman while lucina would've meant just copy marth and give it a few tweeks.

making Corrin though, that was bullshit.

Chrom is the second-worst Awakening character

The same criteria can't be applied to both because Lucina didn't end up in the game the same way as a normally planned and chosen character, or in other words, those two things weren't uttered in the same breath.

>Sakurai ultimately decides one Robin to be the one FE newcomer based on uniqueness and importance, places other popular candidates into other roles to throw their fans a bone (Chrom = Final Smash, Lucina = costume)
>Then later, after the initial roster is all said and done, decides to turn some costumes into clones. Lucina is, of course, one of the costumes, thereby circumventing the original reasoning behind not picking her or Chrom.

It was an obvious lie. They just decided on Robin over Chrom, and this was the justification given.

More specifically
>Didn't add Chrom because he thought he would be similar to Marth
>Adds in literal long haired Marth
???

The worst being Lucina, what's your point

He really needs to go back into fighting game history to learn about EX versions of characters so you can just hold a button on them and get their alt versions like a code. Don't you miss those days of codes instead of DLC shit?

Like getting OG Sagat in Super Turbo, or Evil Ryu in Alpha 2? That kind of stuff where you highlight the normal version of a character and do a code to get an alt version.

It also saves you screenspace. I was enjoying that shit in my youth so don't give me that crap about having to be conspicuous for little kids. Kids enjoyed codes back then too, you're just fostering them to be more stupider than our generation.

Lucina should have just been an EX of Marth.

Lucina was originally going to be an alt-costume for Marth but was changed to a full character because of Sakurai's autism.

Gas the roster fags

>What is making him an Ike clone

Instead we got 3 Marths

Sakurai knows everything about everything though, but he's still a game developer. He's apparently not above padding out the character select screen.

So he's more like modern Capcom than old Capcom.

Explain?

>gave Dark Pit his own separate spot on the roster because having him use the three sacred treasures in Pit's final smash would be "out of character"
>kept Alph as an alt for Olimar despite him never piloting or even boarding Olimar's ship

What DID he mean by this?

Lucina's pretty cool, Lucina's pretty cute

AYO HOL UP
>adds Marth
SO YOU BE SAYIN'
>adds Lucina
THAT WE
>adds Corrin
>SHOULD HAVE SWORD FIGHTERS N' SHEIT
>adds Cloud

That Pikmin is shit compared to Kid Icarus?

Well, it wasn't a "I'm going to suck my own cock, but Pikmin can fuck off lol" like you're implying.

It looks like he was planning it for Alph just like the other clones, and he'd even have him use Rock Pikmin, but it just never ended up happening for some reason.

sourcegaming.info/2015/07/29/plucky-little-guys-olimar-and-alph-in-smash-4/

I actually did know that Alph was considered to be his own separate clone character at some point in development and that he would use rock pulmonary in his moveset, but it's just pretty unfortunate that they couldn't take the extra mile to distinct Alph in some way, or at the very least replace Olimar's ship with the S.S. Drake so it wouldn't be out of character. I'm not convinced that Sakurai wasn't playing favorites with some of the series' representation.

Those patch notes for Olimar were interesting though, so thanks for sharing that user.