Unexpected depth

I was surprised to see such a profound conversation about daoist philosophy in a game otherwise so light-hearted and goofy. It caught me completely off-guard and made me question my own perception of reality. (Sadly, I neglected to screenshot the rest of the speech bubbles and I'm too tired to go hunt them down now)

What are your favorite examples of random dialog that surprised you with its depth?

i like how her friend there just looks high as fuck

She's dreaming.

That's because she is

HOW DID WE GO FROM THIS...

TO THIS?

If I understood it correctly, she's basically the “dreaming-god” mythology archetype. I'm not sure I caught the details correctly, but basically if she stops dreaming, the world stops existing?

Or maybe she's just zhuangzi dreaming he's a butterfly dreaming it's a girl dreaming.

>Things that Satan praises in the Jewish/Christian/Muslim books: democracy, gender equality, capitalism, science, sex, education
he's right tho?

so like haruhi?

I guess so. Although Haruhi ends up subconsciously making the world revolve around herself, that might just be a reflection of Haruhi's different personality.

I wonder if you could somehow subtly fit a bong into one of the character frames

Is it just me or do her eyes actually look slightly red tho

i put a bit of red in

Great

damn I had the same thought, here was my attempt

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

cool story bro?

wtf i h8 satan now

>Don't be upset if you can't get everyone working together. That's life! You're young and you probably don't know it yet...But being happy, sad, in pain, having fun and all the rest...is life. That's what life is all about.

This was a quote from a random old NPC in Colony 6 towards the end of Xenoblade Chronicles.

I hate how much of that game is missed even by fans. The ending exposition is one of the best in JRPG history imo. Just a little bit of polish and it would've blown everyone away.

Majora's Mask is a nietzschean conte philosophique. Playing it after reading Thus Spoke Zarathustra is surprising.

Game is massive, I am not surprised if people missed a lot. I think it will be another game that will be remembered more and more fondly as time goes on.