This is the most fun I've ever had in video games for years. It all plays along so well. Also How was your PC port...

This is the most fun I've ever had in video games for years. It all plays along so well. Also How was your PC port? Mine is actually perfect.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oKt3EFOELwg
youtube.com/watch?v=vvnG3-JwLl4
dsogaming.com/news/modder-has-figured-out-a-way-to-almost-double-the-performance-of-nier-automata/
nier2.com/blog/yorha-stage-play/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're doing it wrong, user. You're not meant to have fun, you're meant to have despair, sadness and emptiness.

Ok

Waiting on Square and/or Nvidia to fix the white screen issue.

Is the port actually good or not? I wanna get the game but I keep hearing mixed things about it.

It's shit if you're running anything under the 970-ish level.

is it fully piratable yet?

>paying for OFFLINE games

>under the 970-ish level
Oh alright, good to know. I have a 1060.

you literally cannot unlock the last ending if you pirate the game.

Was perfect for me... almost. I had 1 crash in ending E when I answered no to the second question. I kinda deserved it.

i can unlock it on youtube

Has there been a fix for AMD systems yet?

Ouch

enjoy feeling empty

The user fix boosted FPS by about 50% across the board.

Yeah that fix helps tremendously.

Maybe he isn't on Route C yet

You know, I came into this game pretty much completely blind. I heard a little bit about Yoko Taro before but I couldn't tell you a damn thing about him. I had heard about Nier, that it had an interesting story and great music, but couldn't say specifics. I'd never actually played a P* game before. No expectations, other than this sounds kind of cool. Well 100 hours later I'd probably put in my top 5 favorites. It's been years since I got the kind of feeling I got from this game, and I'm not talking about muh feels, either. It was a unique experience.

>50%
what is this sorcery?

>I also own a 770 2gb (no matter what everyone says that card still manages to hold up with every title out there, it was a beast of a card when it came out), and I went from 40ish fps low to stable 60fps

Fuck didnt want to buy the game for full price. Now i have no excuse anymore

Doing 128 iterations in an unrolled loop on a GPU per every pixel to compute not a very nessasary effect in a stylized environment of a sub-par open world.
t. Japanese RT CG engineer

Dumb fuck that's what they want you to think. They installed a bitcoin miner and pretend to be retarded.

OP is a psychopath

>How was your PC port?
I have the blurry fullscreen bug, so I have to play with Borderless Gaming what breaks if I change certain graphics options.
Which isn't really a problem anymore as I no longer have to change anything.

>changing options blows up the game
For some reason, I had that issue as well, but not anymore. No idea what settings I even changed.

Also, I lag when opera singer's crucified aoe spammers all attack at once. R9 390

Download the mod from the discussion forum, which has a testing branch to reduce load on your GPU so you can get more consistent FPS.

Why not just watch a let's play at that point you cuck?

Despair, sadness and emptiness can be fun. Catharsis is one hell of a drug.

It's ridiculous how unoptimized that shit is.

Literally no difference set to low or when you set it to 4x higher than default, outside of your FPS getting slashed with a folded katana.

If they weren't retarded we would have a near DMC4 tier optimized game on our hands, but if you disable the GI completely you get some weird visual oddities.

Why the fuck can't I catch the beetlefish? REEEEEEEEE

I must have spent 3 hours fishing in this fucking oasis

Install FAR if you're on PC. 100% boost for some.

People keep saying this but I've noticed no increase in performance, if anything I've noticed more input delay. Having borderless working without an external app, the mouse cursor hiding and upscaling fixes are nice though.

youtube.com/watch?v=oKt3EFOELwg

Ita bloodborne on ps4 levels on my 680.

57 fps constant

40 fps in final boss battle on lowest settings

how do i fish in this game?

every time i start fishing, i just sit there and nothing happens. do i need special bait or something? i finished route c and never caught a single fish.

>Also How was your PC port?
cutscenes run at 10-20 fps but everything else works perfectly fine

You just deploy your pod in the water and wait until it gets pulled fully underneath, hit anything on your controller and it will then reel it in for you. I really wish there was more input to it than that.

Game of the decade for me. Bloodborne is right after.

>mfw kept my save

>not sacrificing yourself for the glory of humanity

Kind of weird how it's only the AA that worsens my performance. Have everything on high except AA on 2x.

>you can hack and take control of every single robot in the game
>each keeps their unique moveset and you can control them for as long as you like

Just got to that for the first time and I can say, this is it for me guys. Nothing they make from here on out will come even close to this game. This is the best game ever made. I'm am only still excited for Ace Combat but still I don't think it will be better than this. Video games are over for me.

Does anyone know where I can find the medium flyer desert variations?

Causing robot wars is some of the funniest shit to do when you play as 9S, other than seeing enemies getting smashed into the walls from his javelin throw.

Link?

youtube.com/watch?v=vvnG3-JwLl4

runs great but im having problems with my ps4 controller due to microsoft screwing up exclusive mode.

How do I get to this lunar tear? I figured the underground would lead to it but none of the exits do

What fix? If it's the Kaleiden one, fuck that, because it fucked up my GPU until I reseated it, I'm rather wary of using it again

Turn off the ingame aa, the AO already includes antialiasing

I just finished Ending E. I love this game so much. It could not have wrapped up in a better way. That said, there's one massive plot point that I was waiting for the game to explain, but it never did:

>Why did 2A defect?

We never get an answer to that question. All we know is that she was part of an experimental team, and that she lost her comrades in a raid against the machines. She never lost her hatred for machines, but the game doesn't explain why she feels betrayed by Command.

I think the stageplay goes into it.

The choir that kicks in during the final section of ending E is sang by people from the development team, including Taro himself
Just when I thought my opinion of this game couldn't be any higher...

>mfw kept my save

>playing ONLINE games
Kek

>mfw I savescummed

I just got through ending e and I thought the save deleting gimmick wouldn't get me again. I was wrong.

Shit I didn't try that yet. I only just discovered it and spent about half an hour just strolling around as the snake.

you talking about kaldeian's fix?

I chose to not say anything so I didn't even know this was a thing

tfw:
My time with you was like memories of light... Nines
Farewell, 2B. I'll be with you before long.

how the fuck do you properly hurt cart-mode Emil? even hacking deals like 0.1% of his health, and I'm lv.60

This.
Theres nothing I would enjoy more than a good hard baww at some tragedy.

Sadly the biggest tragedy right now is the PC port.

Solid 60fps on tuesday at 1080p, with GPU load at 80%
50-55fps yesterday with nothing changed, gpu load at 100%

What a piece of shit honestly, I should easily be able to run it at 1440p 60fps, but that tanks to 40fps and probably lower since the game somehow reduced its performance in a day somehow, must've been a good patch, and I'm already using the shitty fix.

Still no regrets, I already finished it on console afterall.

>I made a generous but absolutely pointless gesture
>except I actually didn't

You children are hilariously retarded.

The underground DOES lead to it.

Go left after you drop in, then turn left again towards the "south" part of the cave and follow the path. You'll come out in an alcove where you gotta jump like 3 times to get to the flower.

And then they got another chance.
>even true ending main menu screen ships them

pls respond

you go into the underground tunnels to the right of the desert camp and one of its exits leads to that lunar tear

The stageplay is pretty clear on it - the same reason which is part of why 9S gone mad - they were meant to fail, their main purpose was going in and going allah akbar on the machines,.

dsogaming.com/news/modder-has-figured-out-a-way-to-almost-double-the-performance-of-nier-automata/

When does she say that?

See the little rock formation with a way inside of it directly above the building-block on your screenshot?
Head in there, one of the ways out will lead you out above and across that space, theres ususally an item there that you cannot jump up to from below, only from above, you just do two big jumps and you are in there.

Stop posting this shit until its a fucking mod.
I'm mad

As in literal stageplay? Just how many adaptations does Nier Automata have?

The FAR fix on the steam forums now includes GI options as off low med high - 0 16 32 and 128

so dont be mad senpai

The stage play is called YoRHa. And it happens 3 years before Automata.

It's... weird. But it talks about the first YoRHa squad that they sent to Pearl Harbor. It was meant to be a suicide mission, but A2 survived. When she found out that it was a suicide mission, she went AWOL.

Its the Yorha stage play. I heard it has horrible acting though. You can find a script here

nier2.com/blog/yorha-stage-play/

What port?

It's recorded in the wreckage of 2Bs flight unit.
You can find it with A2 (she doesn't listen, relizes it's not for her) or 9S during route C/D in flooded ruins.

Oh cool, haven't seen that there yesterday, hopefully I won't be mad then when I get home today. thanks

Any progress on the horrific cutscenes?
I still don't understand how they fucked those up.

Not an adaptation, and Taro made it before Automata was even close to finishing, but its basically a prequel featuring A2.
nier2.com has the transcript you can read

>tfw silky smooth 4K 60FPS on my OLED tv and PS4 Pro

You mean 1080p checkerbox upscale bullshit with 50fps in route A and B and 40 fps in Route C/D

Atleast its not 900p with low quality shadows like the regular ps4.

Me too. I have a GTX 1060, but I don't see any reason to buy games on Steam that were designed for the PS4 anyway.

port valbury

Nier: Automata PC version one.
You didn't fall for the 'lead platform' PR bullshit did you?

I haven't had any issues after running it through borderless windowed, hopefully they put out a patch to fix that though. I also already spoiled myself on a majority of Route C/D and Ending E after watching a guy stream it a few days after the PS4 release. I still know I'm not going to be ready for that ending though, even if I've had Weight of The World ([E]nd of YoRHA Mix) on repeat every day.

Ah thanks, found it. Didn't realize you could get up on to that little cliff next to the wall blocking it

But how the fuck did Emil get there

do you just cap out all your AA in game and just reduce the GI on FAR?

It's funny how no one posts Digital Foundry articles or videos when they write this:
>Yes we've got Nier Automata graphics comparisons with the PS4 and Pro versions, but the real story here is how the PC version is sub-par and how the problems aren't just about the quality of the port, but with the Platinum engine itself

>But how the fuck did Emil get there

>implying you can't climb mountains when you are a cart going at 900mph

Are there other PC versions then?
I haven't partaken in any PR. I thought the game was made for both PC and PS4.

>This is the most fun I've ever had in video games for years.
Damn, that's SAD. You really ought to buy a console already, it's long overdue.
Don't get me wrong, Nier:A is a great game, but there have been so many other gems coming out.
The fact that you got so much enjoyment out of this makes it clear you'd like to play the other jap games too. For once stop your daily routine of MOBA/Blizz/Survival/CSGOshit, get a console, and play all the comfy japanese singleplayer games - not just the good expections that get ported to PC once every blue moon.

This. KYS if you are a cuck who actually pays for singleplayer games.

each series of GPUs don't really mean much of a difference at the mid-tier. you basically bought a 960 with very slightly more power

Not OP, please suggest one game so I can laugh at you.

Got it now, thanks.

I mean.. the gif I posted was a not-so-subtle hint already. Here's another one.

how does this compare to the other action games people like such as metal gear revengence, bayonetta, etc. etc.?

I still haven't finished the older games

The gameplay in Automata is worse than Bayonetta, MGR and DMC.

Hahaha yea that looks amazing mate wow ahahahah christ.

Not very well because those are character action games, and this is just an ARPG.