3D tech in games

Why don't more games use parallax and motion parallax and other 3D tech to make games more immersive?

Why doesn't VR take advantage of this?

>mfw playing 3D on my n3DS has made me realize how much better the visuals are when they pop at you

My only complaint is that the depth isn't deep enough

When will 3D tech get to a point where it can realistically render environments and objects and shit

bump

bump pls talk to me

this post is unintelligible garbage, grow another half of a brain and try again

>Why don't more games use parallax and motion parallax and other 3D tech to make games more immersive?

what dont you understand cunt

Are you high?

what dont you get

Ill simplify it

Why dont we use parallax and motion parallax to give games binocular depth????

This can be especially good for VR for max. immersion

SIDE QUESTION when will 3D tech get good enough to simulate binocular depth accurately? I noticed 3ds depth is shallow

BUMP

If you mean stereoscopic 3D then all VR has that.

But 'parallax and motion parallax to give games binocular depth' just means a 3D perspective. Which is any 3D game.

I tried the Vive and it doesn't have stereoscopic 3D

Why doesn't the depth in VR look like depth IRL if it uses stereoscopic 3D, parallax and motion parallax?

VR games aren't stereoscopic. It's the exact same image shown in both eyes individually.

>I tried the Vive and it doesn't have stereoscopic 3D
>VR games aren't stereoscopic. It's the exact same image shown in both eyes individually.

I'm sorry but that's just false. You must have been watching a 360 video or had the eye distance set drastically low because 3D is a standard in VR game engines.

That's not stereoscopic 3D. Modern VR still doesn't have the tech for that, which is why it will probably fail.

Why do you think Sup Forums says VR is a gimmick? It's because the hardware isn't good enough yet.

>That's not stereoscopic 3D.
But that's exactly what it is. Two rendered images a set distance apart, one for each eye.

Maybe what your thinking of is lens depth? Focusing on different things. There's been some development in faking that with eye tracking.

>lens depth

That may be the final piece of the puzzle user but why can't the eye naturally focus on close objects and blue the background in VR or vice versa?

Why does it feel like it still lacks depth? The depth is nowhere near real life standards

You're not making sense again.

My only guess is you have the eye distance set too low. It should be 1:1 with your normal depth perception.

>When will 3D tech get to a point where it can realistically render environments and objects and shit

it's going to be a long time. gpus are still woefully inefficient and as long as every developer insists on making thier own snowflake dumpster fire engine progress will be slow going at best.

>ITT: stoners and VR naysayers. A deadly combination.

VR is the future