Can we talk about this game? As laughable and corny it may be today...

Can we talk about this game? As laughable and corny it may be today, they really did a phenomenal job at building a world that feels real.
Going to stores when it's night in the game is super comfy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oyjXTtwNKh4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

YEARS AGO, I WAS CHINESE

It made me want to take a trip to Yokosuka.
Kanagawa tourism department should resmarted and finance a remake.

Sadly we can't really talk about games not on the glorious playstation.

i bought this game recently. not a weeb or anything it just looks like a super comfy real world rpg. i just love the city and how it looks.

ive yet to play it yet tho, past the first cutscene. something always distracted me and i turned the DC off...i really should start it.

Finished it recently for the first time. It has its charm but I think it's severely overrated. My biggest issue are the controls, they are atrocious and were atrocious at the time when you compare them to other 3D games released at the time. City feels alive but everything is surface level interactive, it's a real bummer that there are no real sidequests and that NPCs just repeat the same thing.

I feel like many games did what Shenmue tried to do better both released prior and later. The only thing it has are the very impressive graphics and level of details for the time.

You won't be disappointed. The awkward social interactions in my opinion make the game really endearing and the day and night system is really well done especially for the time.

ha ha ha, you're so cute

youtube.com/watch?v=oyjXTtwNKh4

>Going to stores when it's night
Going to the parking lot at night to practice my fighting moves by myself was the comfiest.

listening to all those soundtrack songs brings back memories

Bioware got a lot of inspiration for their animation from Shenmue.

Shenmue is more of an experience than it is a game. As a game it's rather mediocre, but it's an incredible world simulator.

I'm so glad that Demul can finally emulate Shenmue perfectly. It was such a bummer that the arcade games would crash the system.

Everyone is ugly and look like old shrivelled japanese prunes.

But I guess it's to be expected when you live in rural japan. Should have just fucked off with the hotdog guy when I had the chance.

Main thing that made me never play this game is the schedule system, like everyone does things at different times. Would always feel like I'm missing something or not seeing enough idk

fook-san
dyo-san

It's a really bad game that had some interesting ideas.

The environment felt real but the characters were laughable, not helped by the atrocious voice acting.

It's also boring.

Any word on the god damn HD releases? Seriously, I thought they wanted them to come out before 3?

>tfw kickstarted the third game for 160 dollars

I unironically love this series

The ending of Shenmue 2 was such a cocktease.

>atrocious for the time
>just recently finished it

Nah, fuck off. The controls were unique and they worked.
>basic fighting controls
>can sprint with trigger
>can walk with you lightly hold the trigger

People are just spoiled by generic control schemes that are developed for retards and casuals. It's like people complaining about tank controls in old games even though they were literally made for children to beat.

>$50 million
>cant use thumbstick to walk

Any cool pictures?

>not getting the capsule toy boxset
After all the digital yen I wasted on those stupid things in game it was the least I could do.

I had to settle for the singular random capsule toy in the 120 dollar pledge

converted to cad it was 160 dollars

>love the series
>played 2 day one on the Dream
>waited for 3 ever since
>gave nothing to the kickstarter

I feel terrible.

I bought the original xbox solely for getting Shenmue 2 cause I loved the first game

I could have got it on the dreamcast but that required playing it in chinese

The Dreamcast version was localized in europe

Heard that free roaming was completely silent and had no NPC dialogue

also, i'm not european

>free roaming was completely silent and had no NPC dialogue
That's completely wrong