How did this become a meme when it's 100% correct? Alpha Sapphire is a decent game but there IS too much water in it...

How did this become a meme when it's 100% correct? Alpha Sapphire is a decent game but there IS too much water in it. Is it just that Pokemon Nerds cannot accept any criticism at all?

Because you're a huge retard
The kind of retard that would complain about water and depend on gayming ""journalists"" to form opinions for you.

Sapphire and Ruby were objectively the worst games of the Pokemon series and that's largely because there are too many water routes. It's valid criticism, I don't give a fuck who is making the criticism.

it's not correct, it's too high

emerald is my favorite pokemon game, ORAS was a shitstain of a remake especially when HG/SS were so good, even FRLG were a lot better.

no the worst are diamond/pearl, they are impossible to replay due to issues like speed. gen 1 is also worse than R/S

hence why it was retarded they didn't include the stuff from emerald when HG/SS had crystal stuff which wasn't even necessary

Gen 1 was the best Gen.

I'm so happy this statement stopped being taken seriously and is automatically dismissed as a troll post now

Just how, how can you play the same game over and over? How are there people who play every new Pokemon and never get tired, I don't get it.

Because they're not the same game?
You'd know that if you played them before complaining about them.

It's a stupid statement, especially for a gaming journalist site. You could easily write something like "random encounters are too frequent" but "too much water"? Fuck outta here. Not to mention repels are a thing if you're complaining about random encounters.

Because fanboys and the fact it sounds stupid. It is right though. Gen 3 is by far the worst.

There IS too much water in Ruby and Sapphire. Doesn't matter how stupid it sounds, it's true.

>Being critical of a Nintendo game
Whew lad baton down the hatches this is not allowed.

Because that's like rating sea 7/10 because the water there is salty. Fucking hell these "professional" game writer need to get it together.

I played everything till Black and White and played X and Y. They are all the fucking same game. The only thing that changes is that the games get much easier with every new game. After X and Y it hit me though that the series has no value and is the most casual series I can think of.

Why is there?
What is wrong with water?
Do you also complain about there being too much land?

There is indeed a lot of water. But that one statement fails to explain why it's a flaw. Is it random encounters? Does the reviewer just hates exploring water?

>What is wrong with water?
Have you played Pokemon? It's fucking lame terrain that is a slog to get through.

How is it different from grass or dungeons?
If anything it's much faster.

If 50% of Pokemon Red was Mt Moon would it be valid to say that there was too much cave? I'd say yes. Terrain needs to be varied. You don't want hours and hours of running into Zubat, and that's what Ruby and Sapphire were.

Except that water isn't 50% of R/S/E.
Aside from one area, which you go through really quickly, there's barely any of it.
There's also more than just magikarps in the sea.

>Too many HMs

This is a valid complaint, thank god they got rid of them in Sun/Moon

Maybe X/Y is when I hit the point of outgrowing it, but it was easily hands down the worst Pokemon I've played. OR/AS sucked too. It honestly felt insulting to me playing it as a hoennbaby. I consider B2/W2 to be the best games, but fuck gen 6 as a whole.
S/M was decent

There is still too much water and that's the point. The criticism is valid, it's just that Poke Nerds couldn't handle the truth.

OR/AS were shit. That score is pretty acceptable and could be lower.

>no the worst are diamond/pearl, they are impossible to replay due to issues like speed
So much this, also makes SS/HG nearly unplayable

nah HG/SS arn't nearly as bad

not as fast as it should be like the previous gens, but it's sped up a bit from plat which sped up D/P

>tfw my copy of Diamond had a bug where saving normally took a single minute and saving lots of data took over 3 minutes
>pretty much prevented myself from catching any Pokemon or even so much as glancing at my PC so that I could get done with the game quicker
>couldn't really enjoy myself much since I usually like catching mons
>froze at a couple times during cutscenes as well for some reason, would usually freeze once or twice before restarting and going again fixed it

I know that even if I try playing Platinum, the pain from those games won't go away. I simply cannot enjoy Gen 4.

>not Johto

Gets too much of a pass for being a shitty region with shitmons because of Kanto.