Technology too expensive due to Institutions? Just buy the Common Sense DLC and develop your provinces to speed it up!

>Technology too expensive due to Institutions? Just buy the Common Sense DLC and develop your provinces to speed it up!
>Don't have enough Admin points to core everything? Just buy the Res Publica DLC and use the National Focus ability!
>Can't get that advisor you want? Just buy The Cossacks DLC and use the Estates feature to pick whatever you want!

For a "strategy" game, the best "strategy" seems to be "pay lots of money for cheats."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_conquest_of_Central_Asia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There is a reason if the fans recommend to buy the game and pirate the DLC.

You'll struggle to find an EU fan who says 4 isn't shit

How about I torrent it with all DLCs included having not to worry about all that shit lol

I just bought the main game and pirated the DLCs.

You won't get access to the paracucks forums then, which are the only place in which there are links to mods that make the game actually fucking good.

Who the fuck plays without the DLCs? I just approach the whole thing like it's a subscription model.

I like EU4 but fuck their DLC policy, I just pirate it.

>he doesn't pirate the dlcs
good goy

>he is too poor or stingy to spend 15-20 bucks every few months

>willingly getting scammed
YES GOY, YES

>tech is now cheaper than ever since monarch point generation has gone up and tech groups are removed
>Litterally how are you running out of admin, I've done WC runs and sat on 5 years ahead on admin the entire time. LRN2 use dip points to take land.
>You cant pick advisors using cossacks, that's just flat out wrong.

>paying devs for continually supporting a game, patching it and adding new content is getting scammed
Whatever you say, buddy

Please, it only made it a mild annoyance to find the mod you need.

I was to lazy to pirate Crusader Kings 2 with all the DLCs the other day, since I'd like a historical playthrough and I don't even know anymore. Sunset invasion is shit, the new worship satan expansion is shit also. And when I thought of the work to actually figure out which DLCs are compatible for a purely historical playthrough I didn't even bother. And I'm a dirty pirate. How must it feel to actually buy all that shit.

>monarch point generation has gone up
what

It's actually a pretty fun game.
Just a little low on the "strategy" side, when you realize it's only a matter of pressing buttons at the right time rather than careful planning.

Consorts exist now and have better stat rolls than regency councils,

But more importantly you can abdicate/disinherit heirs. Basically meaning you can spend 50 prestige to reroll heirs.

Any half decent player is going to be rolling in prestige after 50 years or so.

Some guy mathed it out and found that on average you're going to be getting 30% more monarch points over the course of a game if you cull heirs with less than average rolls.

Who the fuck buys DLCs for paradox games, are you fucking stupid

There are menu options for pure history.

>paying for shit that should've been included in the base game
GOOD GOY

Desu EU4 would be intolerable if not for piracy. Game feels like freemium mobile crap with all the DLC features that core gameplay depends on

Mods are on the workshop, you only need a base game to access it. Not to mention you only need any game to access paradox forums.

I'm pretty sure that some mods aren't in the steam workshop, and there was a time when the workshop downloaded didn't work.

You need the specific game to access its mod forum

Ehh, you can probably ask someone on /vg/ to post something specific

Well, sensible move there. I guess I'll pirate it then. Thanks based user.

>tfw want vicky3
>tfw modern paradox would ruin it

That doesn't work because those autistic retards prefer shitposting and reporting the archive that hosted all of the games because of le ebin memes rather than being helpful. Been there done that.

>content that took years of additonal development and resources to be made should have been included in the game 3 years ago at launch with no extra charge
Keep living in a fantasy land, dude

The major thing I'd want from V3 are properly modeled economy with tools for jewing nations in particular via embargoes, and naval missions. I'd cream my pants if it also had HOI3 style combat. Too bad that will never happen.

>years of additional development
kekerino

It'll be HoI4, but with even more casual streamlining. If they ever do Vicky 3, they'll axe the pop mechanic, because buzzwords like "too vague" and "too complicated"

That's literally true though. Paradox have been developing and releasing DLC since the game's launch almost 4 years ago. According to you, all that should've been in the game back then. I'm guessing they should've just tripled the size of their dev team to get that shit done? And cut everyone's salaries, so as not to go over the base price.

Charging additional money for core features is not "supporting a game" it's butchering a game to nickel and dime very stupid people.

Enjoying paying 15 dorra for bad, small expansions?

>everyone says Vic 2 is the most confusing at the start and Crusader Kings 2 one of the easiest to start
>find Vic 2 very easy to understand and have no fucking clue how CK2 works

And the launch was not only really barebones, especially compared to EU3, but also buggy. You fucking retard.

When this "content" is a pale overall of something already implemented in one of their other game.

But you know what's worse ? When they break a feature that could actually fit and be transfered from one game to another but they have to change it so that they can justify the price they charge us with.

good thing this game company is literally the easiest in the world to pirate

Depends on what you are starting with honestly.

Because i strongly think vic hide behind a veil of complexity using pletora of numbers and parameters, when you take the some time to learn about each it suddenly become quite easy.

>everyone says Vic 2 is the most confusing at the start
>and Crusader Kings 2 one of the easiest to start
Who is the retard that said that? If anything people say that CK2 is more like an RPG.

Also are you by chance an accountant? If so it's normal that you find Vicky 2 easy.

How to Victoria 2

Step 1: Switch to State Capitalism or Communism
Step 2: Build Liquor Factories
Step 3: ???
Step 4: PROFIT

I have some of the older DLCs already. Can I pirate the new ones without problems? What happens when new ones are released?

>Communism
Not even fucking once.There is a good reason for it too - gommunism doesn't allow your capitalists to build infrastructure and factories, while state capitalism does and if you fund their projects it costs less. Also communists take over the government and royally fuck up your policies and reforms, conservative/reactionary parties don't.

Fuck I really want to reinstall V2 now. Hopefully HPM implemented half the shit he discussed in september 2016 by now.

Is it good to form Arabia in HPM? Or should I annex it instead?

I don't understand the boner /gsg/ has for Victoria 2, it's boring as hell.

After a few playthrough you've experienced everything the game has to offer, which is very little.

Isn't it hard to pirate the DLC if you attach them to a Steam base game now?

Because you need a way to get past the authenticator, especially after each patch, and a current authenticator is hard to find or something now

Mods.

Nah, fuck all background in business, I just found that economics is the prime focus and I should be focusing on that with the military coming second, with CK2 it feels overwhelming from the basic country ruling to interpersonal relations.
Maybe I should go back to it since you said I should treat like an rpg, I pretty much treated like a grand strategy like EU/Vic

CK2 is very different from EU/Vic

Those games are all about optimisation and getting the most done in the limited time frame. CK2 is a medieval simulator it's greentext stories: the game.

Adding new mechanics that actually impact the whole of the game is absolutely supporting it. It's naive (or even entitled) as fuck to believe that should be free.

Regardless of what it was at launch, it has continually been continually improving as a result of the devs sticking with it and working on it since release. Again, they wouldn't be able to do that for free.

And what games would that be? Because by now, I honestly can't understand people who still hold EU3 over EU4 for what they were at launch, because 4 has already surpassed it's predecessor in terms of content and mechanics. The only thing V2 has going for it (and I say it as someone who has played probably over 300 hours of it) is the detailed political spectrum and even that comes off as sort of underdeveloped, I feel.
Also
>When they break a feature that could actually fit and be transfered from one game to another but they have to change it so that they can justify the price they charge us with.
Examples?

Goddamit you guys are entitled crybabies.

EU4 has had so much real content added in those expansions it's barely even the same game as when it was released. You expect that shit to be free? Would you rather it be like Civ, where every few years they just start from scratch and make the same game again?

I'm glad east asia is finally getting some attention, I never play there because it's so boring.

Fuck off Jewahn, did did exactly that and shat out EU4 in a borderline unplayable condition.

>all Daimyos now receive unique ideas

Who /Shimazu/ here?

If you didn't even get confused by the research without having read any tutorials beforehand and managed to last a whole game while remaining a great power then that's kind of impressive.

wrong 4 is fun

>play V2 as Belgium
>once 1880s hit there's just endless crisis wars
>France gets so utterly shit stomped in three consecutive wars that they're stuck in revolving door revolutions for the rest of the game.

France in that universe must be pure hell to live in.

This
Building your army to your maximum force limit and preying on someone with a smaller army than you then repeating until you paint the map isn't really 'strategy' satisfying as it may be

>because 4 has already surpassed it's predecessor in terms of content and mechanics
LOL NO. It's still a shallow map painter. They made a game that's too much of a game. You can't do anything interesting in it like you can in Vic2.

>You can't do anything interesting in it like you can in Vic2.

And what interesting things can you do in Vic2?

if i remember right it's
>pirate dlc
>new dlc/patch comes out will disable your pirated dlc
>reapply pirated dlc
>play game up to date without issue

There's nothing wrong with the new paradox expansion model. Paradox constantly updates the game, and in return if you want half of the new features you play 15 bucks 2-3 times a year.
And only one person in the group needs to buy any of it. They just give access to everyone else for free. How many other multiplayer games do that?

V2 has crisies for one.

How do i into ironman in any game
i hate myself every time i click something wrong

i think it would be easier for me to swallow if they were just tactical decisions that dont pan out

The screenshots always make these games look interesting but they're all hardcore autism simulators that move at a snails pace

I guess it's because the screenshots never show the menus where the real autism goes down

fuck off back to /vg/

It's not like the real France is much better off

don't force yourself if you don't want to
ironman is a meme

That's complete bullshit, user. EU4 gives you a shitload more diplomatic options and therefore ways to approach other countries in the game. It has a similiarly deep system of government setup, with ruling systems appropriate for the era and religion actually mattering instead of 19th century political parties. Vicky 2 doesn't have anything resembling the estates system to simulate interior politics - it has very few flavor events and the political parties do not even interact with each other. It also allows for some more interesting warfare with the forts system and, above all, it doesn't have the absolutely retarded attrition and brigade limit of Vicky 2

That is admittedly really cool, but even then the fact that no great power interest on one side results in automatic status quo is just shitty, that's only been fixed in a beta update no one bothered finishing since last Christmas, because Paradox dropped support for the game.

>not just capturing centers of trade and becoming rich for your size
Wow raising your mana with advisors and taking some loans is so hard.

If you don't care about the achievements, just don't bother.
If you want a general tip, there is very little in EU4 you can't bounce back from.

Go back to your console wars thread, memeboy

Too bad it ends in nothing 90% of the time.
EUIV has a similar system now.

Fucking mongos everywhere. Here's how DLC should be, simply put it falls into 2 categories.

1: If the DLC Adds mechanics to the game, or gives X amount of fresh hours in quests / objectives, fucking pay for it.

2: Entirely cosmetic, no change to game, just a change to how it looks. (not an engine upgrade, just cosmetic change to graphics already implimented) Don't pay for it, it should be free

Also, if the DLC is shit, don't buy it. vote withy our wallet you fucking morons.

>absolutely retarded attrition and brigade limit of Vicky 2
Historically accurate.

>that's only been fixed in a beta update no one bothered finishing since last Christmas
Stop playing vanilla. That applies to a good chunk of your post.

>buying a paradox DLC ever

Fuck off paradox cucks.

I don't know what you're talking about. Shit is simple and straightforward as fuck. Anyone could play them.
You just gotta take a tiny bit of time to read and think before acting.

If you're going to make a post like this you might as well save everyone the time and not post at all.

>paying for features that should be free patches
Fuck off Johan.

>should be free

How could someone be this entitled?

Kill yourself.

Explain this.

If it adds content / mechanics, it's not patch, its new content to play with.

A patch fixes and issue, it doesn't add content, it fixes a problem.

"Game being shit" is the problem and "pay extra $150 to have a playable game" the reason not to buy their games.

kys big_benis

You're a hypocrite if you buy paradox DLC but bawk at the notion of paid mods.

Learn what the word hypocrite means you fagnugget.

I can't even fucking play as Belgium without getting buttfucked by Netherland + Prussia alliance immediately at start literally EVERY fucking game.

Doesn't help that AI Brits is completely useless.

'I dont like the base game, so that means you can't like it either'

Who made you the arbiter of what I will or will not enjoy? How about go fuck yourself. I loved EU3 and bought everything related. I've had enough time in the game to say I got my money's worth.

If you don't like it, that's fine, but you don't get to project your misery all over other people like they have to conform to your ideals, you homo.

>buy game
>pirate all the DLC
>can still play MP

Anyone who buys those DLC outside of giga cheap packs is retarded

Joke's on you, we played the same time but guy gave $200 to Johan, you cuck enabler.

Don't fucking spend 150 bucks on all the DLC at once. They never planned around people doing that. The DLC plan is to keep people engaged long term.

You buy the base game, you play a few dozen hours then you put the game aside. 4-5 months later a 15 buck dlc comes out that changes a bunch of things, you buy it, play another dozen or two hours and put the game away again for another 4-5 months. Repeat.

The DLCs, and patches that accompany them change just enough about the game to make it worth doing a few more playthroughs for the people who are into this sort of game.
Instead of going to go see a movie this weekend, or go out with some friends, you put that money towads the game and spend the weekend playing it again.
That's how the DLC is meant to be consumed. Not in a big bulk purchase years after release.

>Historically accurate.
No, user, Russia did not irrecovably lose 50 thousand soldiers when trying to conquer the Kazakhs just because they lived in an arid region.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_conquest_of_Central_Asia
Also, I'll point out that your initial point wasn't historical accuracy. It was that you can do interesting things in Vicky 2, whereas in EU4 you can't, which I already refuted.

>Stop playing vanilla. That applies to a good chunk of your post.
>mods will fix the fact that the base game is lacking X
The exact same thing applies to all Paradox games, so there's no use in arguing modding potential between them.

All i see here is someone lacking disposable income to spend on their hobby.

>you're meant to spend 200 dollars on paid mods over the course of 4 years, not in a single purchase!

Is this supposed to make it okay or something?

Again, I don't like their policies nor play MP, so fuck them.

>if you don't waste your money you are poor
Actually, I'm a cunt that spend my disposable income in other games or hobbies.

> Core features
But EU4 launched with all the core features of an EU game.

It's okay to be a a clueless sucker who wastes their money if you're rich