FFXV was a good game, poor story telling, but once you watch the anime, films...

FFXV was a good game, poor story telling, but once you watch the anime, films, and read into the backstory of characters it all makes sense and the world is very interesting.

It doesn't deserve the complete hatred it has, it's amazing that it's even as good as it is.

I acknowledge that it has a lot of flaws, but it was my favorite game of last year.

Same user, still playing it.

>but once you watch the anime, films, and read into the backstory of characters it all makes sense and the world is very interesting
More confuse m8

How? It made small things like Ravus's arm make sense and the many minor characters that the game failed to explain.

The movies and anime help immensely when learning the story.

Most people don't want to delve into multiple mediums just to understand one part they're actually interested in.

A good example is stuff like Southland Tales and the first of the latest Star Trek movies. There are a series of comics that function as the first half of both those movies, and yet most people aren't even aware of them. Things in both can be answered by things in the comics.

Try and tell someone you have to read this or watch that before you play this. Most will tell you to fuck off. They'll tell you that if you can't tell the whole story in one medium then its shit.

It's good but massively flawed, also obviously gutted for the sake of selling DLC.

The last third is just one frustrating cocktease. You get to Altissia, the first actually visually interesting location in the game that also has a massive map... and then you only get to explore a single city block.

Then you go to Niflheim, another huge continent with its own culture... and then you pretty just take a train from dungeon to dungeon and never get to interact with any of the people there. And then you enter the capital of the empire, ready to confront its ruling elite... only to find out everyone's dead and you have to go through another dungeon that really, really overstays its welcome.

Now, then you go to the future where the entire world has turned into a dystopian wasteland with people struggling to survive... and the only thing you get to visit is a gas station and the capital city. And then you fight the main antagonist, saving the world... and you don't even get a decent epilogue to see how the world you just saved is going to recover.

WHERE IN THE FUCK AM I AND WHAT DID YOU FAGGOTS DO TO Sup Forums

I agree with the last bit, it was disappointing to only see a small section of the world in ruin and the ending didn't expand at all.

Even just a 10 minute voice over with pictures would have been nice.

I'm at the end of the game and din't watch or read anything else than what happened in the game. What should I watch/read to fill the holes ?

>FFXV was a good game

No, and it still isn't. Shit story, shit combat where it's impossible to fail and a bunch of mechanics that have as much depth as a kiddy pool in a world larger than Los Angeles.

Fuck the open world meme. It's shit. SHIT.

>complete hatred
XV is widely loved by the majority, it's only the same 2 people here that go into every XV thread to shitpost against it.

Oh look he found the thread.

It has many flaws but I still liked it overall and plan on giving it another playthrough when all the DLC is finalized to see how much it changed, just don't believe XV kun when he says it is the best game ever made

It's a bit of a mess of a game, but it left far more of an emotional impact on me than other FF did. The others didn't even come close. I can't help but accept its flaws and love it for that reason alone.

Five years from now, I'm not going to remember the shitty sidequests or how broken healing items were. I'm gonna remember the journey with the boys and how much that ending fucked me up.

>loved by the majority
Yeah...before the game is out, after they play it? Not so much.

user, im not gay. Sorry but thats just how it is.

Yes after too. Doesn't XV have more GOTY awards than any other FF too?

user the sad truth is that despite Brotherhood and Kingsglaive it all still makes little sense.

FFXV has great graphics, gameplay and soundtrack, but most of the characters aren't memorable and the story telling is really bad despite a potentially promising plot.

This is why FFXV as of now is in the limbo of missed opportunities, arousing in the fans not hatred but anger and saddness.

the gameplay was great?

XV-kun is that you?

Great, not perfect. It has its flaws, but I still enjoyed it.

same here but man the game was a disappointment

>actually giving a shit about story in vidya
Fag

>complete hatred

What?

Outside of the people who were always going to hate it because it is another Final Fantasy, it is relatively well received. Everyone like yourself acknowledges the wonky story telling but the character chemistry and combat system were really very good. The music was excellent as we have come to expect from FF and the world looked gorgeous.

>Now, then you go to the future where the entire world has turned into a dystopian wasteland with people struggling to survive... and the only thing you get to visit is a gas station and the capital city.

This bugged me the most. The oppertunity to re-vist and re-explore the world and interact with people who are trying their best to survive i.e Cidney; Iris; Aranaea; Biggs; Wedge; Cid; Taka etcetc would have been excellent. But no, straight to the capital for us after chatting to an irrelevant fuckboi for a few minutes

Leaving the storytelling bullshit aside, the camera is horrible, the minutiae of the combat systems are never fully explained, which is bad because there are a lot of them (I was around the Aranea fight when I inferred by experience that your max HP worsened as you took more deathblows and some items restored max, some current, some both) and the open world session where the car is on autopilot even if you manual pilot it are beyond boring

But you know what? I don't want to leave the storytelling bullshit aside. This is 2017 and this game cost 70 euroshekelinos. It was in development for how much again?

>but once you watch the anime, films, and read into the backstory of characters it all makes sense and the world is very interesting.
No

Kingsglaive is fucking shit.

>but once you watch the anime, films, and read into the backstory of characters it all makes sense
So the game by itself is shit, right?

The characters are more memorable than other FFs so much so people are literally begging SE for more.

>Ravus's
Too bad Ravus in the movie and in the game look and act like 2 completely different characters.

And there is still no sense for Luna to be as failure of a character as she is. Her forced romantic relationship with Noctis is the worst offender

Are they? Their entire characterization besides "cool strong guy" "cold smart guy" and "annoying comic relief" consists of witty banter. It's like SE took the most bland protagonists they could imagine and lifted their dialogue directly from the first five pages of every X-Men issue ever.

This.
Those supplemental story elements sold separately SHOULD be within the game itself but aren't. still makes the game itself bad.

That part of the problem. Square still wants to make movies and anime and forgot to make a game.

gonna be a faggot because fuck going to /vg/ or starting a thread for one thing

whats the fastest way to grind spiritbonding in 14? episode gladio in a few days still need to do a lvl1 run though

It's not anyones fault you couldn't see Ravus's true intention from Kingsglaive, I literally called he was doing it for Luna's sake before the game was out and it turned out I was right.

>chatting to an irrelevant fuckboi for a few minutes

You take that back. Future Talcott is a fucking cutie.

So you didn't play the game and just described their surface traits instead of who they actually are, because you obviously didn't pay attention, probably didn't even see Prompto's motel scene. Not to mention they act and feel more human than any other FF cast and have more interaction through their banter, battle animations, camps, photos, sidequests, story and on tour quests that all contribute to making them feel like people instead of just surface level traits you tried to shitpost they are, you can describe any character in anything on surface traits, it only shows how shallow your own argument is.

I will not.

Talcott was possibly the last person I wanted to speak to in the Ruined World. Iris or Cidney would have been far better.

No, XV-kun, you were screaming that Ravus is the main vilian.
Also he acted like a bitch in Kingslgaive with his autistc "muh revenge", "muh Regis is bad"

>but once you watch the anime, films, and read into the backstory of characters it all makes sense and the world is very interesting
Which means the game itself wasn't good. Why are you contradicting your own point?

You're delusional as fuck if you think these are the most memorable characters. .

No, I was saying Ravus is presented as a counterparts to Noctis so he could be the villain and I presented logical arguments for why he could have been while stating that at the time Ardyn can too but that he's a wildcard, because he was still a mystery at the time. Ravus was more like a rival to Noctis.

They easily are, you're delusional if you think they re not.

Well, I would have loved to see more characters too, I agree with that. But I always like it when you see characters grow up after a "10 years later" sorta thing.

I was really pumped to explore post apocalyptic Eos with high level monsters everywhere, something like post game Dragon's Dogma, but the way they handled it was very lackluster.

Most people have already forgotten them because there's nothing there. The only thing that's memorable in the game is the campfire scene and the impact would've been far greater if they actually had proper character development and interactions. And no, Iggy saying "I've come up with a new recipeh" for the umpteenth time doesn't count as valid character interaction.

Muh Prompto scene. Yeah, that was a nice little scene with promise for more... but nothing happened with it afterwards. Zero. Forgotten, just like the characters.

Hell, FF13 had more memorable characters than this pile of garbage.

Is there a way to export all my FFXV photos?
I really don't want to do a screenshot of every photo Prompto made.

Also, can I increase the photo cap somehow?

No most fondly remember them and highly anticipate their DLC because it's more of them. The campfire scene has more emotional impact than any other scene in FF, the way they're built up as humans through the game presents them better than any other FF party and makes that scene more impactful because of it, but if you're going to keep making strawman arguments you obviously don't want an actual conversation, nothing about Prompto's scene was forgotten, he talked about what he feels and told you why he's doing things and you then have better understanding of him onwards whenever things happen, you see him feeling desperate to stop the group from fighting ch10 onwards, you clearly didn't play it or just rushed through the game as fast you could without doing anything extra and you decided you'd hate it before you even played it.

Fuck you you utter cunt, there isn't a single good or memorable character in 13. XV shits on it in every aspect and the party characters outclass any other FF. The only good character from FF prior is Vivi.

Don't think so, probably have to manually screenshot them then copy to USB. The cap is at 200 which they only recently raised from 150, don't know if they'll raise it again.

They've been increasing the photo cap in patches, I wouldn't be surprised if they raised it further for Episode Gladio's patch. I sure as fuck hope so because I'm at that 200 cap and there isn't a single one I want to delete.

The last good Final Fantasy was X imo. I think that's more because the JRPG genre has become melodramatic and clicheed, and Final Fantasy takes itself too seriously with contrived angst and very tropey worlds. Dragon Quest does the same by making samey fantasy worlds that just rehash the same light hearted stories. It's great, but repetitive and non-engaging.

Atlus have definitely replaced Square Enix as the king of JRPGs. Series like Persona don't take themselves seriously and explore interesting magic realist worlds and develop characters in an engaging, ridiculous but stylistically plausible way.

I'd rather that it wasn't Versus XIII because it could never live up to the trailers that came before it.

The biggest red flag though was them taking gout the opening for a movie.

The last good FF was XV.

I love final fantasy but I hate to say this isn't a very good final fantasy game.

>game was advertised as going back to the roots and being about crystals and sheet
>crystal barely appeared in the game at all
>combat boils down to: filling up the green bar and using tactics, warping away and warping back in to break off weak points, fishing for backstabs, spamming healing items every second when you're fighting a boss
>quests are a repetitive mess, especially hunts. Would be better if it didn't load so long
>many side characters in the game have no development or back story at all, they just come and go
>story had potential to be good but was obviously rushed
>later half of the game seemed rushed
>final boss was a fucking joke, ifrit was much harder and had a better theme song+ three different fight phases
>optional end dungeons are just challenge rooms of repetitiveness

Honestly the only thing that made me feel like I was playing a traditional final fantasy was selecting which tactic I should use during battle as it's the only thing that resembles the classic pick and choose fight menu

I think a part of why I was able to enjoy XV as much as I did was that I was totally uninterested in it when it was still called Versus XIII. I didn't follow any trailers or news at all and had no expectations going in.

I watched Kingsglaive fairly early on when I realized I'd need it to understand wtf was going on. The game is very mediocre going on from there, I was getting frustrated at the characters and pacing, then it suddenly peaks at Leviathan fight for me (not that it was all that great, but there was a sudden expectation that things might suddenly change for the better) but after that things go completely to shit.

I don't think you understand what a strawman argument is. At no point did I make a strawman argument and brought up valid points as to why there character development is extremely poor. If I put more effort into it, I could write an entire essay but at the end of the day, it's easy to see you're going to dismiss all of it because you're an emotional FF fanboy.

Oh and I did all the sidequests, even the hunting missions, and at no point did I rush through it. I tried desperately to like it and it was clearly an unfinished game. Plenty of other FFs shit on XV with ease and the only redeeming factor XV has is its graphics.

This. You think shit hits the fan with the Leviathan fight and you think/hope this is finally it, the moment the game turns around and becomes awesome. Except, nothing happens. It becomes worse and at some point you're walking through the longest hallway imaginable for hours with that ring.

The ring section would've been fine if it the main story actually had more content, but because it's so short that ring section is literally 1/3 of the actual main quest.

You barely see the crystal in any FF.
The combat is objectively more involving than any other FF.
The sidequests are the same thing classic FFs did.
Aranea and Iris have as much development as Rydia or Porom do.
Later half was rushed but that doesn't mean bad, FF9 was rushed too and that has Necron from literally nowhere.
Ifrit was in a way the actual final boss but Ardyn was fine as a fight, you can beat chaos by just mashing attack in FF1 by the way.
They aren't, unless you're talking about the menace beneath stuff which are separate quests to the actual dungeons you access them from.

Not the opening text being almost word for word the FF1 text? The fact that it's a story about 4 heroes sent on a journey by the king going, kingdom invasions, them collecting the favor of magical beasts, weapons and the crystal, and touring the lands while a plague is slowly killing the world? Even monster designs are straight up using the Amano design .The FF1 parallels are very apparent, Ifrit is even sitting on a skull throne like Chaos is in the amano artwork and Noctis is the king of light, and the four of them as the warriors of light 10 years later against the winged behemoth is like that one FF1 anano art too.

The story was obviously rushed and suffered from the clusterfuck of a development process this game went through. Regardless I still enjoyed it.

You literally made a strawman argument, you're misrepresenting facts that go against you for your own benefit. It's not poor at all and has plenty of development, more so than the majority of FF characters, fuck even Aranea had more development than anyone in 13. If you actually put any effort into your shitpost I'll be there to wreck it.

None of the other FFs are better than XV and XV has the best characters, graphics, gameplay, visuals, animation, art direction, monsters, music, story content, lore of any FF. Noctis has more development than any other FF protag, and the only other FF character on the level of Prompto development wise is Vivi.

You can stop now. We know you're trolling.

Literally not an argument.

Like I said it's not a final fantasy game

As my first true FF game, excluding Kingdom Hearts, I quite enjoyed it.
Is the combat simple? Yeah, but I wouldn't say that it's not challenging at times. Some enemies will fuck your day up. I also quite enjoyed fishing.
I really liked the four main characters, I thought they were all really likable, though I think Gladio's way too much of an asshole, especially after Chapter 9.
The story might have been a jumbled mess, and you could obviously tell where they had to cut corners and cut out content, but I think it's a fine package, even if Chapter 13 drags on for too long. I admit I had an emotional reaction to the end of the game, especially that last campfire.
All in all, I think the game manages to stick the landing, and I hope that they can manage to fix some things with the DLC and whatnot.

Just hide the posts and don't respond.

It's a fuckton better than fucking any of the games with Lightning in them.
Fuck that pink-haired emotionless cunt.
The farther Final Fantasy gets away from her the better.

You proved no such thing while I provided evidence that it's inherently an FF game through every fibre. It was also Sakaguchi's GOTY of 2016.

it's shit.

Gladio was definitely the weakest link.

I think he was missing his own arc of suffering. What happened to Ignis and Prompto made me worry about them while also realizing just how important they each were in keeping the party functional and balanced. It gave Ignis a chance to show us how strong he really was as a person and Prompto a chance to bear those harsh insecurities for a closer examination. They both came out as more endearing characters for their suffering and I appreciated the party dynamic all the greater when I went back to Lucis.

All that Gladio got was a part where he vanished and came back like nothing happened and a part where he was angry about things that were happening to other people.

Ah yes, when people actually enjoy something here that does mean v is being weird. Fuck off

Well, and this is where the stuff with Kingsglaive comes in, because Gladio's dad dies, but if you only play the game, you're never told that.
The fact that he just ups and leaves to do his own thing though is pretty stupid, and is a really obvious way to get him out of the story for the DLC. He did a shit job at protecting Noctis though.
Still, Lunafreya had literally just been killed, and the fact that he's being such a fucking asshole to Noctis and calling him a coward didn't make me agree with him, even if he is kinda right.

Of all flaws in the game. I was most disappointed that I couldn't explore the crown city. Instead we got a small destroyed section at night time. I wouldn't mind having to fight armies there since it was taken over but damn after seeing kingsglaive I had such a knack to go run around in it.

I thought the parts where Gladio was bitching at Noctis were totally out of line.

Clearly someone here doesnt enjoy games. Why don't you go find a hobby like making model planes or body building. Retard.

I'm playing through right now and while I'm enjoying it for the most part, the disjointed story is annoying. I have a constant feeling of missing cutscenes or dialogue. Also doesn't help that once you start episode 9 you go through these new areas with massive maps that were clearly going to be free roam like the first eight chapters, but instead were cut down to single dungeons.

It feels a lot like Xenogears but with story stuff cut out too.

He doesn't really react to the death, though. Even if we as an audience had only played the game and didn't have any idea who his dad was, Gladio should've reacted to it a bit when the city fell.

Even if the man is emotionally challenged I simply don't buy that he wouldn't mention his dad dying even in passing. For the sake of building his character it might as well not have even happened.

Yeah, they largely were. Noctis also lost a fuckton more than Gladio, too.
Dude loses his mom, his dad, his entire city, which was basically 9/11 times a thousand, and loses the person he loved.

I'm sure they'll try to make him better in the story DLC, but I think the damage might already be done sadly.

They already said they were focusing on gameplay for his DLC and leaving the story for the other two, which is an absolutely goofy decision considering Gladio is the one who actually needs story.

>XV-kun talking to himself again

That's not as funny as you think.

Does this guy even sleep

xv-kun stop samefagging

I'm really starting to think that there are multiple people joining in as shitposting to ruffle feathers.