Is Witcher 3 the worst written AAA game?

Is Witcher 3 the worst written AAA game?

I mean fanboys generally think it has a good story so it has to be looked into with a bit of scrutiny

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/the-witcher-series/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/story-locations-and-characters-discussion-spoilers/48878-analysis-with-witcher-3-cdpr-no-longer-treat-the-players-like-adults-spoilers
youtube.com/watch?v=BKWtwJ38EjE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's so special about TW3? Everyone says it's the GOAT rpg but if I watch a short gameplay vid to see what I'm in for I see nothing impressive besides good VA

>What's so special about TW3? Everyone says it's the GOAT

Big open world but lots of detail in it on the level of linear games

That and paid polish shills

It's been released almost 2 years ago. Just pirate it and check it out yourself.

>Is Witcher 3 the worst written AAA game?

Bioshock Infinite and Mass Effect 3.

>Is Witcher 3 the worst written AAA game?
Nope. Horizion exists.

FFXV is way worse.

>The second game ends with Geralt making a deal with him. His soul for Yennefer and Geralt becoming his best soldier

i played TW2 I don't remember this at all what

>Main antagonist isn't interested in speaking at length to people he hates
>While he's in the middle of a stressful situation he's spent years orchestrating
>This is somehow surprising to you

>I watch a short gameplay
Hope people like this would die suddenly all over the world

If you have to look into it with a bit of scrutiny is not the worst written AAA ever. We have seen much worse.

Yes, Eredin was undeveloped as a character. It demands the player to read the books for understanding his motivations, and that's objectively wrong. But is not the worst thing ever done. You can't say TW3 is bad written when you have absolutely wonderful missions and cenes through the game

>Bad guys should spend hours in a monologue about how they hate you

Hollywood ruined storytelling.

It doesn't end like that, it ends with Geralt REMEMBERING he did that long time ago, even before W1. Don't know if that's just a mistake in the text or he's retarded

I played all 3 and nothing he says there I remember. #1 doesnt start with Geralt being sold, it starts with him escaping the Wild Hunt and going to Kaer Morhen. And the conversation Geralt and Eredin have at the end of 1 also isn't that long, and its no revelation that he followed you as you see him and interact with him a few times during the events of the game.

Idk what that guy is on about there, but overall he has a point tbq

Its because they kept trying to hide the fact that the wild hunt was a group of elves rather then spooky night riders.

Because it didnt happen.
All you get some context of your past life after the amnesia,things that are explored in W3

It doesn't end with that, that's the last flashback you get. Letho tells you the story and you get the flashback

>I remember. #1 doesnt start with Geralt being sold

He probably meant pursued but auto corrected to purchased

wasn't there a big revelation at the end of Witcher 2 where it's revealed Geralt was a rider of the Wild Hunt...

Glad something came out of it lol

aaah, alright that makes more sense than purchased.

In general AAA games are so badly written that Witcher 3 is actually one of the best released in the last 5 years.

What's with the witcher shitposting threads lately, the game is fucking old move the fuck on.

You can start talking about it again when there is anything that suprasses it in content,scale and polish.

Le biodrone trying to mitgate Andromeda fail

W3 was released 2(?) years ago. Won many prizes and overall is considered good.

Story, character development etc depends on your taste. Some people find it lacking, when others find it great. But calling this "shit" where you have fuckton of other games with worse storytelling and overall development just shows that people like OP have no taste and/or experience and shouldn't make opinion about things

In short: compare W3 user reviews with other games. Sure you will find better games, but still W3 is on the top tier with some other grea games

The "shit" is your andromeda biocuck, where main characters fail to show even basic emotion without looking retarded

What's up with the sudden influx of Witcher bashing threads? The game has been out for 2 years, had it's merits, had it's flaws, but it's old news at this point.

Is this some kind of Mass Effect Androgynous damage control?

Nigga I'm not gonna buy a game blind, there's no reason not to watch gameplay before you make your purchase.

>he game is fucking old
the expansion came out not that long ago plus the game has become the gold standard for open world RPGs

How is it badly written? Literally how? There is absolutely nothing with the same love for detail and polish in such a huge scale. Let alone with such immense ingenuity.
Kill yourself.

Biodrone damage mitgation team
I wait for them to start bashing skyrim, because they'll never target mass effect or dragon age

Of course there is a reason for watch a gameplay and decide if you pay for the game and feel it by yourself or not. But don't come here talking like you know shit about a game you didn't play

>plus the game has become the gold standard for open world RPGs
Yes and for a fucking reason because there was nothing yet that comes even close.
The only angle you can attack TW3 is the fucking combat, but for some reason it's always everything but and that's just dumb as fuck and futile.

You quote me for that?

How would a pregnancy test make a man yours forever?

It's not like they'd get pregnant from it.

This post is incredibly ironic, but not by intention.

>If you have to look into it with a bit of scrutiny is not the worst written AAA ever. We have seen much worse.
Yes son, I quote you for that. Name me a single fucking game not even of that scale that has better writing, and I already know it's older than 2000.

I'll be here all day

>You can't say TW3 is bad written when you have absolutely wonderful missions and cenes through the game

Sure I can, there was some decent stuff especially at the begining of the game

Most of the game is mediocre even for AAA games, you're mostly doing stuff without any purpose for characters who's only development happens in the books and they have no purpose here

Then there are the truly terrible parts which happen mostly in the last act of the game which is mass effect 3 level of hackery

>The only angle you can attack TW3 is the fucking combat
That's like saying the only angle you can attack this book is its writing.

Explain

Motherfucker, I have played TW3 for more than 200 hours, like I did with the other two games. I've read the books more times than I'd like to admit and still cry errytime. Either I don't know to write in english or you don't fucking know to read, becuase I was DEFENDING the motherfucker game, you fucking faggot

Horrible analogy, absolutely retarded.

Look at the official forums about the storytelling , a lot of fans of the series were upset about how badly this game was written

forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/the-witcher-series/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/story-locations-and-characters-discussion-spoilers/48878-analysis-with-witcher-3-cdpr-no-longer-treat-the-players-like-adults-spoilers

The fanboysm of this game is one big circle jerk about how "based" CDPR are as a company, despite treating the developers like cattle and underpaying them

You are too innocent for this world user

>mass effect 3 level of hackery
Ok, you're getting this too fucking far. Stop before it's too late

Boy I love playing games with bad gameplay, boy I love reading books written poorly.

Now you're just fucking with me

He's wrong though

The open world design was truly terrible, probably one of the worst

level locking random areas at random intervals, random level enemies everywhere, same reskined monsters, zero interesting loot

>a lot of fans
>surprise, there are whinny faggots that would cry for anything

>2 years later and the river of jealous nuttier and sad bait still hasn't stopped

They say you should draw from experience when you write. I'm not pointing any fingers here but the flirtatious interactions with women in this game are hilariously poorly written.

You literally said
>If you have to look into it with a bit of scrutiny is not the worst written AAA ever. We have seen much worse.
Which translates to it's badly written just not the worst written game ever.
Your problem is that you made the mistake of acknowledging the fuckers argument as if its valid, instead of just asking to name a better written game if you think it's in fact written way above average.
Grow a pair faggot.

>level locking random areas at random intervals
what?

The way it retcons all Witcher 2 choices is Mass Effect level hackery tho.

And the end where Ciri can magically end the white frost now so there can be a happy ending with no loose ties is mass effect 3 level of hackery

Have you ever had a gf user?

Witcher 3 is the game to beat now. Everybody wants their games to stack up to it and their inability to thus far has struck another wave of angry jealous fanboys shitposting

Why would I want the main enemy dropping giant monologues the entire way through the game? Why would I want Geralt to stand around and do fucking nothing while he spat out this huge monologue?

All of Witcher is quite bad. Last of Us and Mass Effect 2 & 3 & now Andromeda are up there for worst AAA writing

What I meant is that if you have to look into it carefully and be nitpicking it can't be the worst written game ever, since others you can see are bad just playing for a while. I was criticizing the internal logic of the text, and it has nothing to do with my opinion about the game itself.

Ever notice how few Witcher threads have webms of gameplay?

areas of the game are completely level locked by idiotic random decision choices

A camp full of level 15s if you take right from the starting area at velen, level 24 griffin right next to the settlement

way to encourage exploration lol. Even with that there's nothing worthwhile to find

I find W3 story pretty good and i didn't touched books. pretty realistic characters action without forcing real world ideas or noblebright shit like peasant sacrificing himself to defeat dragon. Even enjoyed such little things liek gerat investigating monster corpse, telling gender (only male and female, no cucks allowed), age, judging motives like monster being old, driven insane by something etc. Small things that made me feel like witcher aka monster hunter

And if you still insist that ME3 is on comparable level. Well i played ME3. Also, thank for confirming yourself as bioware defence force

No

Unless you were stupid enough to marry a woman with no pre-nup as soon as you saw a pregnancy test there's literally no reason that her showing a positive pregnancy test would make you "hers forever".

Yeah? Why do you think everyone makes the same experiences? Do you think you made/make the same experiences with females like some bush nigger in Ghana for example?
Psuedo intellectuals are the worst fuckups on the planet, you pollute everything with your less than half-knowledge.

i have a few

>happy ending with no loose ties
nigga, stop. Just stop. Please.

the ending I got in my playthroug is just perfect and fits the books so very well that justifies the three games. And it's not happy at all. It's pure Sapkowski with a bit of fan service, wich it's not a bad thing at all

>Ciri, child with dimensions-travel powers and shieet, hunted by his father and space elves, being capable of ending the threat so thats why antagonists want to take control of her
versus
>choose a color

8/10 because you didnt start with insults so far (or probaly, because marketers are forbidden from using insults and being too agresive )

what's wrong with that? so, you prefer Oblivion kind of leveling? Want to kill a griffin by yourselve at level 2 with the first sword and no skills at all?

>Ciri can save the world now without any consequences
>Ciri can be a Witcher or an Empress
>Geralt lives happilly ever after with woman you choose

Not in the spirit of the books at all. In fact it's worse than fan fiction tier. Bioware tier

Have you played the game OP?

Then take this as feedback that you worded it very poorly and misleading.

Lets take a "basic" woman
If you fuck a virgin, she will mostly fall in love with you. Impregnating her shortly after fuck her mind to be with you for much longer

But there's a trap. If you do this to fast like un-virgin her in 3 month relationship and impregnate after 6 months, there's a huge risk that she's a fucked up person for you, you dont want to marry her etc.

Your game is broken.

>being capable of ending the threat

She was never able to end the threat, this was a last minute ass pulls by the writers so they can have their disney ending.

even better

>if Ciri lives or not depends on your decisions through the game, if you make her happy with your behave, if you made her grow her selfsteem, if she feels safe and has a reason to fight, something to live for.

>choose a color

Sorry buddy, I know a lot of people get really invested in some of the romantic stories in this game. Didn't mean to piss on your parade.

if she was able to end the frost in ten minutes time with no cost whatsoever none of the plot in the books would exist . It completely fucks over Eredins motivation as well

>virgin judging flirtatious writing

>virgin projects virginity

>Ciri avoids the white forst but she's still the child of destiny and her seed will fuck the world

>she ends having everything as an Empress but not happy or happy as a witcher but having nothing at all

>Geralt lives the rest of his life with Yen (fuck Triss) in a cabin, screwing like rabbits while the world get teared apart by a mad king that burns people alive and erase entire races (just like it was supposed to be in the books from the clues you get in those parts set in the far future)

PERFECT

It's a trick from fucked up females to make their bf's marry them.
You knocked me up now take responsibility.
How they fake a miscarriage later I don't know but it worked pretty well for some in the past.

Nice deflection, there little man. You don't have to be embarrassed, just take it as an opportunity to better yourself.

Thanks

>Ciri avoids the white forst but she's still the child of destiny and her seed will fuck the world

Are you retarded? Ciri ended the white frost you idiot. It's over

>she ends having everything as an Empress but not happy or happy as a witcher but having nothing at all

What is she meant to have as a Witcher? And in the ending epilogue it's mentioned that she was a very good empress in time. It's disney ending

>while the world get teared apart by a mad king that burns people alive and erase entire races

Yes, you skipped content and got the bad ending and didn't kill Hitler

>ever marrying

>virgin projects projections
>claims female contact he's never experienced
>rages when he's called on it

post fav ost
youtube.com/watch?v=BKWtwJ38EjE

This reminds me of bloodborne. It's been 22 months since Witcher 3 released, and the hipsters still shit on it. Are there people who genuinely don't like the game? Sure, but they are probably reasonable.

You double down and insist on bareback since you're already pregnant and hope to make fantasy a reality in a short timeframe.

I noticed most of the people who criticize TW3 didn't play the previous games (optionally never touched the books either), but people who did universally love the game.

Really makes you think, huh...

I played the first game 7 times and the second game 5 times

Hate this fucking game. It's quite the opposite of what you claim actually, people who didn't play the previous games aren't going to be pissed off that they retconed the choices, ruined the franchise main villain (read the OP ffs), dumbed down the politics and made almost all of the choices good or bad unlike previous games

Let's see your hours.

>ruined the franchise main villain
See

lol

I didn't have steam when Witcher 1 was out and it was a pirated copy anyway. This is from my two steam playtroughs

I own Witcher 2 retail

>>Ciri avoids the white forst but she's still the child of destiny and her seed will fuck the world
>Are you retarded? Ciri ended the white frost you idiot. It's over
Her son is still meant to be the most fucked up wizard ever. That's why Emyr wanted to impregnate her. That's why she's still virgin (with cocks, I mean).
>>she ends having everything as an Empress but not happy or happy as a witcher but having nothing at all
>What is she meant to have as a Witcher? And in the ending epilogue it's mentioned that she was a very good empress in time. It's disney ending
Not my fault if you chosed the wrong ending. As a witcher, she's happy. She still get to learn from Geralt, and them they split. She sleeps everynight in the woods, rides from town to town looking for contracts, have no money, no real friends, nothing. But she's happy.
>>while the world get teared apart by a mad king that burns people alive and erase entire races
>Yes, you skipped content and got the bad ending and didn't kill Hitler
Because he didn't meant to die, since he actually lived according to the books and did all that. Agin, not my fault if you did the worng thing. Geralt getting involved in the assisination of a king voluntarily? Nigga, someday I would play it to see how it goes, but that shit is not cannon

all 3 fit you
I think you're still projecting lmfao

I did dislike how they made the Wild Hunt just space elves, but in general the whole game was a pleasant experience. The game has a fuckloads of content and I easily dropped over 200 hours in it all + expansions.

>Ciri is a virgin

I have bad news for you

Bad, good, best or worst, 90+ metacritic still BTFO that chicken-yellow 74, biocuck. ;->