What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/super_bomberman_rs_japanese_sales_are_the_best_the_series_has_seen_since_1998
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

IT WAS SHIT GAHH I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT HYPED FOR THIS IN JANUARY...At least now bomberman has a decent chance of getting into the next smash though

Should have been an eShop game.

it was on the switch

It bombed.

Its the best selling bomberman in 20 years. it even outsold the the ps1 games.

Literally false, it was the best selling game in franchise history, but I genuinely believe if this came out at a time when other games were available like Mario Kart, this wouldn't have done nearly as well. Still, I'm glad this was a success.

Nothing really.
It's a generic Bomberman game that sold pretty well for Bomberman standards.
I wish it something more akin to Bomberman 64, but whatever.

Twice as much as it should've been.

actually it sold half as much as the ps1 game but much better than anything that came out in the series since, including the kusoge bomberman hero Sup Forums loves to jerk itself to

30 FPS

Wrong

>sells more than bomberman games that are blatantly better

how the fuck does Bomberman Hero sell 500k units worldwide but this shit beat it?

not wrong if we're talking about japanese launch sales
nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/super_bomberman_rs_japanese_sales_are_the_best_the_series_has_seen_since_1998

the market is much bigger now

also a long time without a Bomberman game, that got to push interest since the fanbase is desperate for a Bomberman game

also the Switch lacks games, early adopters are starved for software

>kusoge bomberman
You mean Jetters?
I don't think anyone actually likes the game, I think people just like the anime.

Look I have every Bomberman game from NES to 94 to Saturn to jetters to Max to Second Attack and even I saw this game for what it was.

Good lord...

It's only like the same 2 or 3 people that keep saying Hero is decent

It's the only multiplayer game on switch worth a shit...they didn't even had to try

Fast Racing RMX, Snipperclips etc

Can someone tell me what's bad about it? It seems to have mixed opinions and I'm getting the impression that most complaints derive from lack of customization.

It's like a game from the PlayStation era! That was a bad era with bad games!

I blame Konami

It's a real question because I might buy it. I don't want to buy a bug ridden game. If it's just a barebone Bomberman game than that's fine with me.

>selling a third party game on a Nintendo system
That's what happened.

I didn't even know this was out

i don't own the game but as far as i've seen its amount of content just really doesn't justify the price tag and online is kind of shit
any complaints of "it's not bomberman 64!!! same shit over and over!!!" kind should be promptly disregarded

haha, good one sonybro!

because shitendo

It's worst offence is that it's overpriced.

$50 is insane. If they were worried about the cartridge tax, then make it downloadable.

Now if the game was more of a Bomberman 64 esc title, with more modes and features, then it could justify $50, but it's a last minute cash in.

You can tell by the 33rd Anniversary emblem.
33rd? Who makes a big deal about the 33rd? You do it in multiples of 5, lol.

Too fucking expensive
I want it but I'm not spending 50 bucks on it

Maybe because the Switch has currently so little games people gravitated towards Bomberman R.

The game is good but its overpriced, when you compare it to games like Shovel Knight or Fast RMX they offer you more content and with quality on top of being cheaper over what Konami and Hexadrive has in store for 50 usd.

Even with the new patch the controls are fucky.
You can't always tell what square you're standing on and if you're a couple of pixels too far into one you can be killed in it.
The above point kills any feeling of precision and skill you might have enjoyed in the pixel-based games.
As far as multiplayer maps go, your choices are 'standard map', 'standard map with holes', and 'standard map with impaired visibility.
The Bombers look moderately good but the graphics look worse than Unreal stock assets.
As a result of the above point, it is incredibly difficult to see what the fuck is going on.
The story mode is similar to the older Super games only worse in almost every conceivable way (infinite enemy generators for example). Almost no thought was put in to the story mode from a gameplay perspective.

>any complaints of "it's not bomberman 64!!! same shit over and over!!!" kind should be promptly disregarded
agreed

you should consider that shovelknight and fast RMX arent new games.

but bomberman r is still too much.

Yet Shinen and Yatch ask for a reasonable ammount in a scenario where we still get charged 60 dollars for a port of fucking skyrim.

I find it hard to believe that Konami will further support Bomberman R to the point where paying 50 usd is reasonable.

Not to mention they could even milk their customers with paid DLC, and from Konami's past record and current position, i wouldnt doubt it.

I give it a year, maybe two where they might add new stuff, anything past it will boil down to bugfixes and the like.

>The Bombers look moderately good but the graphics look worse than Unreal stock assets.
I meant the background graphics looks worse.

I don't get why they made it 30FPS, having a responsive game in a game of seconds like Bomberman battle mode is a good thing