Putting drm on your emulator that people use to pirate games

>putting drm on your emulator that people use to pirate games

>paying somebody so you can cucklate some cucksole game for the cuck experience

No one cares, Nintenigger. We're still getting the definitive version of BotW and there's nothing you can do about it.

thats the state of PC gaming,almost everything has drm, mods, games or emulators it doesnt matter

It takes a lot of effort to create an emu. Do you think these people don't deserve to get paid for their work?

>the definitive version of a portable game is on a non-portable device
okay buddy

>drm in opensource

This could be their achillies heel Nintendo can use to take them down

Who the fuck do those accounts belong to, because it just gives a 'not found' error on steam id lookup places.

The emulation community seems to have done well without it these past 20 years, so why should it all of a sudden be any different now?

>No one cares about pirates putting DRM on their tool used to circumvent legitimate companies DRM
Am I mindfucking myself into being trolled by this obvious bait because I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to post bait this obvious?

My sides, how mad do you have to be to hardcode steam ids
Where's that from?

>putting drm on one version that lasts a week

The fucking horror, call the cops.

nier automata community fix

>DRM
>working
>ever

The DRM is for basically early access VIP version. Public one without the DRM comes out like week later.

Yes it's a shame open source sucks so much and that we haven't gotten any other emulators ever
Oh wait
The only emulation currently fucked is N64 which is fucked because of tons of closed source bullshit and infighting.

I agree, but that's not my point.

Are some people here really so retarded they don't see the hypocrisy of putting DRM on fucking emulators of all things?

"definitive"
lol, whatever helps you sleep at night. Have fun waiting months after games come out to get the "definitive" version. And even longer to get the DLC.

I think it's more along the lines of 'no one gives a shit'

This, remember to donate on pantreon :)

What's wrong with mupen64plus?

Why would anyone care?

Well, alright then. Still seems like a fuckboy thing to do.

>Do you think these people don't deserve to get paid for their work?
No, I just think combining crowd-funding with proprietary/DRM-riddled software is sort of ironic.

You're already moving to a business model where people pay you to write the damn thing, so there's literally no more incentive to keep it closed source (except for power hungry fuckers)

Not really. You have the right to reverse engineer how a console works, and you have the right to circumvent the DRM. Nothing hypocritical.

Those are 32bit steam ids, most steam lookup places search by 64bit ids that look like steamcommunity.com/profiles/765

It's not that I don't think they deserve it, it's that I don't care.

Can Cemu finally fun games at full speed with audio?

All n64 emulators are shit. The fact that n64 games run better in a gamecube emulator emulating the n64 through virtual console says something about the state of n64 emulation.

Agreed, but the drm lasts a week. I can see why they do it, even if it's a shitty move.

>All these super mad nintendo-babies.
Oh my, never thought the Cemu would cause this much butthurt. :D

>

>Have fun waiting months after games come out to get the "definitive" version. And even longer to get the DLC.
>I-I will take at least two years to be remotely playable without physics
>I-I will take at least months to be fully playable
>I-I will take at least week to be playable at 4K wothout frame dips
have fun paying for that hard mode and shitty toy figurines, retard

>it will be playable any day now goy, just keep donating those shekels

>drm/early access
>on a fucking emulator

No, gotta keep these donations going for as long as possible

The thought process of a cemu user.

their patreon quadrupled from 5k to 20k a month in the past month

>it's ok when pirates do it

I asked a friend and he said this used to be true but glide64mk2 works pretty well these days

>be me
>not bought a Switch or Wii U
>Wii U emulator will soonish allow me to play BOTW better than the consoles for free
>don't donate to Cemu
>still get all the benefits
>people crack new versions of Cemu anyway
>nothing but good times

>be Sup Forums
>literally mad about everything

Can you not be turds for once?

>the nigger console is nintendo now
What the fuck are you doing user

>paying to pirate
CEMUcucks will defend th-
n,
CEMUcucks ARE defending this

It takes a lot of effort to post baits daily in Sup Forums. Don't you think these people deserve to be paid?

haha meme meme memes xD

>putting that much effort in the first place to emulate the Nintendo console with the most garbage library ever
Why?

is there anywhere I can find more info about this?
Is this just for the early Patreon week or is this something in every version?

>implying emulator developers are pirates

They're just trying to see if they can replicate an operating environment. It's predominantly for curiosity, understanding, and self-challenge. What you do with it is your business.

>makes pirate software
>adds anti pirate protection
>gets pirated too
like pottery

Not in the case of cemu. The entire thing is just a bunch of hacks on top of hacks written for the purpose of "emulating" a few specific games. These guys are not of the same ilk as real emulator developers who are interested in accuracy and game preservation.

It's not from Cemu, you stupid nigger. It's from the community fix for Nier.

>It's predominantly for curiosity, understanding, and self-challenge
How can someone be so incredibly naive that they actually believe this kind of "please don't sue me" bullshit.

There are literally people on Sup Forums who paid $300 for Switch and $60 for BotW and are now getting very bothered by Cemu.

It's a good feel.

>implying robbers are thieves

They're just trying to see if they can be menacing and control people with fear. It's predominantly for curiosity, understanding, and self-challenge. What you do with it is your business.

Not as good as having enough money to afford things.

Except emulator development falls under fair use unless it's using copyrighted materials (such as system BIOSes).

What you're talking about is closer to someone developing custom firmware.

wait, cemu guy put drm on his emu? I thought only the 360 guy did this to his emu?

Nah psx and ps2 have bad sound. Saturn is trash and old directx games are a nightmare

it's emulation.

>we will be able to play Zelda on better hardware than the trash Wii U and Switch
>no more horrendous resolution
>no more frames dropping to 10 in battle and towns
>never have to support Nintendos bullshit amiibos

I am ready

So bothered he felt the need to reply. His ego literally couldn't take it.

Actually that gets stale after awhile.

I want to be 10 again and have to beg for new games. Felt more satisfying at the end.

Yeah of course they do everything legally so they don't get their shit taken down, that's why emulator websites never provide the actual BIOSes, but if you actually believe that emulators are made for any purpose other than pirating games you are beyond naive.

>paying 30k monthly for ONE GAME
holy shit, pc is this desperate to suck nintendo's dick

That is what makes emulation all the sweeter.

oh i guess those fags deserved it
prob some pcmr trolls

What about the Bleemcast!?

that's an argument about the definition of the term "completable" user. "completable" status means you can play the game from menu to credits, not whether it works 100%.

This is different. Whole CEMU situation is for millennials or newbies who have no interest in real emulation or preserving anything. All they want to do is to see their Favourite Nintendo Game emulated as soon as possible.

On all levels CEMU and it's fan base is a fad and hopefully will quickly cease to exist when they release build which plays BOTW properly.

I believe that on long run CEMU doesn't do anything good for the emulation community. Quite the contrary.

Doesn't Nintendo deserve to be paid as well? The "preservation" argument fails with CEMU because if fags were concerned about preserving WiiU games it would be open source.

uhm, im pretty sure if he left it open to pirating this early in development, nintendo will dmca his ass.

Especially as he is being paid to do this.

>tfw 7700K and GTX 1080
>y-y-you're just jealous of my s-s-switch p-poorfag!!!!!

>there are anons who would gladly pay someone $500 a month to make a shitty PS3/WiiU emulator that may never actually run right, rather than just buy a second hand console for like $99
>these people go to these outrageous lengths just to be able to say "i beat the system."
>mfw

You guys who pay are just plain fucking weird. Its odd.

stay mad nincuck I donated 1000$ for this

>try out cemu
>realize there's absolutely fucking nothing on the console and it's pretty much BotW: the emulator

Most modern PC gamers are former Nintendo fanboys. Why do you think there are so many indie clones of popular Nintendo IP's on Steam? People would kill for an official port of BotW.

Jesus christ how many times must it be said. Emulation is not illegal, Nintendon't can literally do fukol.

Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
Wonderful 101

cemu is already cracked. There already is a cracked version available somewhere.

Platinum games are not good and MK8 is just another party game.

>how many times must it be said

Well, once, but with proper citation.

Can anyone explain OP post to me?

Cemu has DRM? I'm not aware about this

Who do you think is constantly begging nintendo to go full third party?

There is a paid version for patreon donators, and the free version release is time delayed.

>It's just a BoTW emu
>Actually n-no its not
>EH THATS SHIT M8

>All they want to do is to see their Favourite Nintendo Game emulated as soon as possible.

How was this any different from VBA? It was a solid, almost perfect emulator right at the start and I was able to play shit like Sonic Advance and Mega Man Battle Network right from the off without having to buy a GBA.

The sole purpose of CEMU is piracy, specifically BotW. Nobody actually gives a fuck about preserving WiiU games. Who the fuck pays for piracy? And why would you pay for a DRM-riddled program for piracy?

Nintendo could do a lot if they really wanted to. For example, because it's closed source, they could purchase the emulator from these eastern europeans for some measly sum like $100k, pull it from the internet, and then sue anybody who tries to distribute it or its source code. The thing is, they don't give a shit about 20 thousand people pirating a game that's already sold over 2 million copies.

Point remains that WiiU has by far the most pathetic library out of all consoles that weren't outright Gizmondo-tier failures.

So whether or not it exists doesn't matter to you? If they decided to fold development due to lack of resources then whatever?

Exactly. You stated the obvious, it's the same thing you fucking retard. No real regard for preserving historical computing or anything like that. Just getting to play the Nintendo Game. Fuck off and die.

I pirate so that I don't have to pay. If I'm giving someone money to play a game, I'd just buy things legitimately

wii u has literally the best library of the generation

Oh I see, just a furious fantard.

I see, so don't buy the original system because Nintendo's a faceless corporation full of heartless Japs that Jew out on development but please support the people that need to fuck off work and use their programming and compiling skills to write an application that replicates the hardware Nintendo spent millions developing and lost millions getting out to market.

Totally consistent.

What happened to open source emulators?I knew the gaming world was going to shit when they started charging ten bucks for newground games.

Bleem vs Sony

>it's closed source so that means it's for sale
Are you stupid?

>Just getting to play the Nintendo Game
you seems to care a lot about me and how i consum the stuff.

I doubt much will change in the long run. These guys just had perfect timing with Zelda and exploited the situation.

>Are you stupid?
No, but you might be for thinking that an eastern european wouldn't immediately jump at the chance of getting $100k tomorrow.