Which EDF 4.1 class is the most fun?

Which EDF 4.1 class is the most fun?
Also which mission should i grind for weapons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HVYNKAzCruE
youtube.com/watch?v=5q5rsQJpGV0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

air raider is the most fun
ranger is the most useful

Ranger. Don't fall for fencermeme.

They're all pretty fun for different reasons. I found that mission 50 in multiplayer on hardest difficulty is a good way to farm for stuff if you have a friend and you play fencer and air raider.

Fencer, the only class able to solo pretty much all inferno missions

Air Raider

Air raider,

Anyone who goes the bitch is a faggot

Air Raiderfag here, Air Raider is best class choose that.

but thats not wing diver

dont tell me you actually get hit?

fencer; has best evasive options and can counter enemy weaponfire and its just a ton of fun dashing around and beating swarms of bugs with the giant super hammer.

Ranger just does not cut it, he cant evade for crap and it really eats you in the ass on harder difficulties.

>He plays wingdiver
Do you suck dick?

They're all good.

>NA
Worst miats

Yes. Why are you asking?

Ranger for most versatile and useful class, get in the front lines and wreck some shit with your bread and butter, not much else to him, but you won't need much else in the first place, no matter the map a Ranger can't go wrong, you're also the only other class that can drive vehicles if an Air Raider gets enough points to deploy two at once.

Air Raider for literally seeing the world burn, you have a huge array of explosives and lasers and gigantic ass guns to call in to watch an area just outright disappear in front of your eyes, vehicles can be great fun too but you'll want to play online to make use of some of the multi-people vehicles to unleash their full potential.

Wing Diver for flying, what else really needs to be said here, giant insects can't fly so you'll just easily show your superiority while having access to some of the most creative weapons in the game. Slso underground lightshows, who doesn't love to bring the disco party to the insects?

Fencer for going fast, no really that carpal tunnel will be worth it, you'll be going sanic speed and punching giant robots in the dick with jackhammer fists that'll put Star Platinum to shame, pair him with an Air Raider bro and you'll become a mobile nuke launcher with access to the most powerful, most destructive missiles in the entire game.

With Air raider anything is possible.

What do you guys want to see in EDF 5? Personally, I want maps that aren;t just "japanese city", "japanese beach" and "japanese mountains" GDF had maps in London, don't see why the newer games can't do it too

>What do you guys want to see in EDF 5?
I gotta be positive

>don't see why the newer games can't do it too
Because it's a series based on Japanese kaiju

>giant insects can't fly

it's clearly based on B horror movies like Them, though

>What do you guys want to see in EDF 5?
Ask me again tomorrow.

air raider is the weakest class and borderline unplayable on inferno when a single metal ant can one shot almost every vehicle, though for everything below the later missions on hardest air raider is really fun to use. vehicles just have a fixed health amount which isnt high enough given how large and prone to getting hit they are when inferno ants/wasps/spiders shoot so much high damage bullshit.

the ranger is the strongest damage dealer for sure, its ridiculous how much better he is at killing things than everybody else. but he lacks options outside of a few really good setups so he does end up playing a little samey.

the fencer does some okay damage and for the most part has okay maneuverability if you pick the right weapons, but he has issues with really quick reactions and getting surrounded and still fighting.

wing diver is the most maneuverable and very hard to play, but she also does not so great damage. she makes up for it by fucking flying so when you die its even more your fault than anybody else. She only really struggles on a few missions because of too many spiders/dragons and really flat missions where she cant land anywhere safe

all of this is based off playing inferno for a very long time. the game is retard hard on inferno, especially on the missions that were dlc/the new dlc missions.

I'll think about it

The Ravager Researcher Ohara is a fucking idiot.

Not even helicopters are safe?

Maybe a new class? More enemies are a given but a wider variety of landscapes and the 4 classes being more fleshed out would be great.

>He hasn't gone full air raider to bomb things from afar in inferno
There are clips floating around of Nip players doing it, a full team of Air Raiders is really fun.

I'd like to see YOUR theories on how dragons came about

This cannot be!

That's why we're in trouble!

The soldiers remember to bring their fucking ammo.

if theres a single wasp itll probably blow you up before you take off, or after. the helicopters are the best option for maps that would allow it but a lot of the harder maps have way too much flying shit to kill you and you dont have enough ammo to kill all the ground enemies anyway. and its much harder to kill a transport in the helicopter.

you can do a lot of silly stuff for fun in the game, but i feel like a lot of people dont get how retarded some of the missions get on inferno. especially the really late ones that were dlc in regular 4, or the new dlc missions. they are absolutely ridiculous and theres nowhere to sit back and call down air raids from since the enemies are everywhere all at once and god forbid they have flying units.

Progress faster than science is impossible!

And better armor that doesnt crack in one ant acid pellet

Depends on the mission really, they can't do much against ships beyond railguns

THERE MUST BE A BRAIN

I HAVE NO EVIDENCE AND THIS IS A WILD SPECULATION BASED ON ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT THERE JUST MUST BE

>it turns out there is

fucking Ohara

Instead of relying on the Wing Divers for air support, why not use more conventional attack helicopters and gunships?

It took me forever to figure out that THE BULLETS ARE STUCK? actually meant that their gun was jammed.

Pretty sure the only class that doesn't have problems with the spiders are Fencers, skating is the only way to dodge those webs, which are a death sentence on Hard and higher.

I just hope EDF 5 introduces the option to attack the thread itself, and not the spider which happens to be behind a building or in the ocean.

>those port maps where the ants hide below the water
Who thought this was a good idea?

Who the hell names their high tech gunship whale?

THIS IS WHALE WITH THE 120MM CANNON

Why does he hate the best airstrike, the 150mm, so much Sup Forums?

Its less that the soldiers are incompetent and more that they are permanently stuck at level one.

>Tfw deflecting webs back and watching spiders crumble on any difficulty

>TO DEFEND OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

There needs to be more Mobile Fortress Balam missions.

KA60 Kasatka

>not deploying the Balam against hordes of bees and gold ants

JUST PUNCH IT IN THE FACE!

>Tfw deflecting webs back and watching spiders crumble on any difficulty
How much HP do silver spiders on Inferno with 4 players have? Must be close to 50k.

Crimson is easy for air raider to farm on inferno, and you can use two controllers to kill all the ants with an air raider, and then pick up the weapon crates with the class you want weapons for

the retarius is actually the only enemy in the game that the air raider is the best guy to use since the webs dont trap vehicles or do too much damage. but the regular spiders to really fuck up everybody

>two days ago my brother died the next my lover fell
>today a million more were killed on that we must not dwell
>we will never leave the field we will never say farewell
>the E-D-F deplooooys

Air Raiders may be useful in specific situations where there isn't much enemy variety, so you can just pick the one vehicle good against x enemy type and wipe the floor with them.

Almost always a flaming trashcan against flying insects or drones, though. Naeglings are weak as hell.

Rangers are just great overall, you never feel useless with him. And he's the best against drones and flying insects, which are probably the most annoying enemy.

Fencers are fast and all, but I hate the sluggishness outside of dash cancelling.

wing diver is best. Her rapier does obscene damage actually, but her mid-long range is meh at best outside of certain specific weapons(monster,gungnir).

>they fixed that
fuck everything

Fuck you, Whale is best.

FIRE THA REQUIEM GUN

>This giant laser-shooting Godzilla that's imperious to all weapon fire, we're doomed!

>DEPLOY THE GIANT PUNCHING ROBOT

Everyone on the comms was gold

No idea. I wish there was more info on this game floating around. Maybe they can add a codex or something in a future title that has the stats of enemies you fight.

DIDN'T DO SHIT SIR!

um, FALL BACK

Isnt there a jap site with all this info hidden behind moonrunes, I could swear there was

Hey it worked in Pacific Rim.

>Brave infantry unit, we will pray for your safety

Porters is purest.

That one tank crew had the greatest texan accent in any game.

>girl explaining in great detail how the balam works
>guy "Just punch it in the face!"

That's not the nothung operator.
>Oh light of the heavens....

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

If there is, I don't know about it. Time to go hunting for it.

THE EDF DEPLOYS

SOMEONE TOOK OVER THE SATELLITE BLASTER!

SETTING OUTPUT TO FULL POWER

I DON'T CARE IF THE SATELLITE MELTS

>tfw you manage to navigate a laser guided costal missile into the underside of a transport ship

>Take to the field with an MLRS equipped
>PINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPING
Truly there is no greater sound.

youtu.be/HVYNKAzCruE

Does this ever play in the game?

>mfw you think you've beaten the mission
>kill the last enemy
>radar gets swarmed with red dots

Impressive desu

I like how the team seems to have no idea what the fuck is going on with their own satellite.

Scrambling to stop it melting down, describing in shock how some random nigga is cracking into it and firing it up.

Air Rider is the most popular and is for casual babbies who want MUH TANKS and MUH GUNDAMS

Fencer is the guy who wants to be HEAVY WEAPON GUY and spends most of the match being dead.

Wing Diver is the guy who wants to be a girl(male) and is the most weeb out of all because MUH SUPRIOR JAPANESU LASER KATANA

Ranger is the guy you actually want and need in your group aka Gregor

>tfw you fly into an enemy Walking Fortress, unload in the hatch with a master rapier and fly off as it explodes

>The EDF manages to blow half of the motherships out of the sky on the first Salvo.
>Eventually take out the rest of them on the ground
The only reason the Ravagers were winning through most of the game is sheer attrition. The EDF gave as good as they took.

>that Ranger who's armor count far exceeds everyone else
>knows every mission inside and out
>somehow manages to rally and command 3 randoms to victory errytime

For armour and weapons to not be drops and just be a thing you gain at the end of the mission. It's so tiring keeping one thing alive, picking all the shit up, then killing the last thing and finding out there is another wave

>mfw the game gets awfully depressing as it goes on

everything is so fine and happy early on. And in the last 30 or so missions everything is just a blasted wasteland and Storm Team is just showing up everywhere to try to save three soldiers from a hellhole of a warzone.

Storm 1 is probably the greatest shooter protagonist next to Doomguy.

There's was something so neat about playing through 2017 on the 360 and then having the cast of 4.1 speaking of him like some Arthurian legend.

Also he can fucking shoulderbash a Toyota down the street.

>tfw 3k out of 24 filename sorted
>It will never be done
>Don't even know why i'm doing it.

>Not being the Fencer with tons of armour since they accrue it faster who charges right into all the bugs with a spear, is still the last one standing and lures the bugs around with dashing so they can revive the Wing Diver to full health using a fifth of his HP bar

Decent ranged weapons for Fencer.

How can they be heavier, slower and less powerful than Rangers weapons?

youtube.com/watch?v=5q5rsQJpGV0

This is pretty much what playing as a fencer is like.

>end of the game comm chatter
>most of humanity is wiped out
>EDF destroyed for the most part
>listening to the bunkers and command stations die
I didn't expect this

Is this the most annoying enemy in video games?

>Tfw spiders and ants are the only giant insects announced so far for the new EDF
At least they're adding another kaiju.

>Play Air Raider
>It's an earth eater mission
kill me

Earth Eaters stop all whale weapons, nothung and artillery strikes right?

Is it canon?

>Wing Diver faggots who can't stop talking about how good the class is
>obnoxious as fuck and think they're such hot shit
>die like faggots after getting swarmed on Inferno and wonder how I survive as ranger when they're supposed to have more mobility than me
For fuck's sake try completing the game on inferno before you act like you're so damn good at it. Is there any reason why Wing Diver faggots are by far the most obnoxious?

and lasers

I wish all the vehicles weren't so shit
Depth Crawlers are fun underground, and railgun tanks are fun when you first get them, but most other things are just awful

I miss the classic Wing Diver look.

What would EDF with an actual budget look like?

Proteus is tight as shit what are you on user