Doom

what do you want to see in Doom 5?

If it has denuvo it won't matter what it has because I won't buy it

they removed denuvo from doom 4

More memorable soundtrack.
More new demons.
Less arena rooms.
also i want to see doom done metroid prime style

Good level design and varied enemy encounter design. Lockdown arena shit should be used sparingly, as one guy once said they should be used as exclamation points, not as commas.

>ditch idtech and create an engine from scratch that can support a lot of enemies on screen

>no more arena based locked off battles

>roaming demons

>more labrytinh maps

They will most likely use it again if they make another title

I thought the gameplay in general end great along with the enemy redesigns.

The flow of the maps were a letdown though

>also i want to see doom done metroid prime style

One continuous map?

I'd be perfectly satisfied with more of the same.

Pretty much
also more bosses and the return of the Unmaker

really fun game

It to play like DooM, not a modern console trash.
>inb4 "you CAN'T make that anymore!!"

angels

doom 2016 wasn't trash though.

Less arena, a level design flowing more and less emphasis on collectibles to get upgrades...

Saw a guy on the noclip interview say they did try regular levels, but the players would bring all the enemies with him at the end of the level.
A/ That's the player's choice to be stupid
B/If you want to avoid that, you just use keys to compartmentalize the level

It was, and only people who've let their brains rot with nothing but Xbox shit for the past dedace and half would find it anything but a huge farce.

RPG elements, cinematics, "Press key to see cool move", and linear maps with spammed lock-down arenas =/= Doom.

I recall the issue being the amount of enemies, can't have them chase you around because the amount of enemies chasing you would grow and grow and break the game.

Better loading times. Unless my 780Ti, 16GB of RAM and my i5 4670K isn't good enough to load shit faster, I don't know what else to do.

I agree with the rpg elements but they weren't horrible. I could do without them though and I also agree on the maps but overall I think it was a solid game based on its shooting mechanics and movement.

sure thing angry man

So once again, modern playtesters, combined with idiotic game-devs not daring to challenge them, are to blame of shittifying our generation's games.

I don't know how that would break a game in mid-2010s, unless we're talking about the ridiculously weak console tech.

More enemy shot variety
More enemies at once
More good songs besides BFG Division
Boss tier enemies in regular battles

A re adaptation of Doom II, in the same way D44M was a re adaptation of Doom.
>sequel to D44M
>Arch Vile
>Baby Spider
>Pain Elemental that isn't an asshole
>realms moving between Hell and earth

Let me use that fucking sword

Indeed, Zenimax-kun.

>Saw a guy on the noclip interview say they did try regular levels, but the players would bring all the enemies with him at the end of the level.

I am fucking mad.

The game could have been much better if they went with traditional doom style maps.

I think doom fans should be more vocal so they don't make the same mistake.

It only turned out decent because the negative publicity from doom fans unanimously shitting on a new entry for straying too far away from the source material would be a bad thing.

Now they'll get complacent and ignore the original fans since doom 2016 was successful. I feel like this happened with deus ex as well.

Really want to rip and tear some angel wings. Or just lay waste to any fantasy shithole Hayden decides succ next.

Haven't played d44m yet, what RPG elements are there?

Pretty much this.

New settings though be cool.
A futuristic Earth plus Hell again and maybe a brief trip to some other dimension/planet

When do I get to fight Satan himself?

And then beat the shit out of God next?

can upgrade your suit and weapons.

Pretty stupid but it wasn't to the point where it bothered me. It did feel unnecessary though.

Upgrade-trees, weapon upgrades, Demon runes...

Your character moves super slow, can barely carry any ammo, can't double-jump, and just about all weapons beside double-barrel suck major ass in basic configuration. And even SSG is a far cry from the D2's SSG, as there's no real penetration in the D4's shots.

Earth being consumed by Hell would be fitting.

Some Earth environments with helpless humans trying to escape and hiding.

But you can double jump.
Have you even played the game?

You find shit that lets you upgrade your suit and weapons
It's pretty pointless, you max out everything either way

Yeah, seems unnecessary to me. Why not just have all of that shit from the start?
I guess "RPG elements" are "cool" to some people.

>cyberpunk Tokyo during a rainy night with demonic sigils and gore overtaking the neon lights
>Rural Midwest in a cornfield/abandoned steel mill. You can see pinkies and imps bending crops and swaying around in the cornfields that limit your visibility and can surprise you
>Demon infested Chicago level where demons created a nest at the top of a project building. You have to fight your way up to the top to destroy it
>Level in Rome where you can kill demons inside of the gladiator colosseum and ultimately end up in the Vatican

There's so much neat shit they can do with hell on earth but they probably won't.

Just got D44M the other day, into the meat of it, just did my first Hell mission, things I'd rather be different:

Not as much "choose your path" rpg bullshit in weapon upgrades. I was hoping for more of a go with the flow kind of experience.

Enemies being more spaced out, the battle arena posts here are right.

Greater variety in enemy encounters. So far it feels like they just throw one of everything at you as they unveil more. Not exactly awful, but lazy. I'd like to see giant hordes of Imps in a big open room with no cover, or a narrow, claustrophobic race track with Barons or something.

The secrets are fun but I feel like there shouldn't be too many per level. 1 or 2 max. So far it feels like the pacing is all over the place, but that's probably because of the arena rooms.

Other than these nagging little things I'm having a blast.

>But you can double jump.
Not off the bat. You need to get it first.
Which, again, is totally idiotic.

>Why not just have all of that shit from the start?
Because you gotta somehow stretch a boring, mediocre, borderline indie-game experience into 6+ hour campaign, and have the modern kids feel like they're "progressing" in some way.

It's a total antithesis to the original Doom's ideology, where just killing shit was satisfying enough to enjoy the game.
I especially hate what they did to secrets in D4, or rather, how they're not really "secrets" at all anymore. In D1-64, you found gear and supplies you needed, which could tip the scales for your favor in combat, but in D4, it can be literal memes or these modern "collectibles" that exist for nothing but achievement hunting.

SHEIIIIIIIT that sounds great

Certainly not looking forward to where you lose all your weapons, progress, powers, doublejump and all that in the very first level, just so you can unlock it all again.

Otherwise I just want more of the same with bigger arenas and shittons of more enemies and longer fight sequences.
2 minute battles dispatching 25 demons and then 10 minute traveling is shit.

go to bed doomguy

>cyberpunk Tokyo during a rainy night with demonic sigils and gore overtaking the neon lights
>Rural Midwest in a cornfield/abandoned steel mill. You can see pinkies and imps bending crops and swaying around in the cornfields that limit your visibility and can surprise you

hnnnnnnngggg

>The secrets are fun but I feel like there shouldn't be too many per level. 1 or 2 max.
The thing with D44M's secrets is that they really don't even count as one in reality. It's like Bethfucks realized they must include a decent amount of pickups that COUNT as "secrets", so they just marked some very fucking obvious places as ones. The fact that your map shows most of them is silly as well.

And no, just 1-2 secrets again would be totally anti-Doom. I just couple years ago found all the secrets in Doom1's e1m1, and it was satisfying as fuck. A more recent example could be Serious Sam 3, which can have dozens of secrets in a single map, with varying prizes.

>Certainly not looking forward to where you lose all your weapons, progress, powers, doublejump and all that in the very first level, just so you can unlock it all again.
This.
One annoying modern trope. The re-release of Turok 2 shows that you can have decent movement and satisfying weapons right from the beginning.

>more memorable soundtrack
I'll settle for one just par, that OST was fucking mint.
Argent Combat gets my dick hard, everytime.

A 40k/Doom crossover, they'll blend together perfectly. I just want to terrify the creatures of the Warp with the true champion of red rage.

Pretty much the same they've done with DOOM, but moar. Although I'd love to see new big guns, new demons and less arena rooms. Or bigger arena rooms
Also, moar Mick Gordon. He was absolutely on point.

not saying you're in the wrong here but I'm curious as to how you would personally make a modern doom game?

You're exaggerating
The game had a few flaws but the gameplay was still fun as hell which is what matters in the end
You actually had to stay on the move 24/7 and use the verticality of the maps, which completely sets it apart from regular brown&bloom shooters

>meltsinyourmouth.webm

I swear playtesters are the most retarded of all Humanity.

forgot to mention that D44M is also my first Doom. The way secrets in more classic Doom games that other posters described sounds a lot more pleasing. Finding stuff that heavily influences your combat encounters versus the collectathon action figure stuff that I'm dealing with sounds much better.

gameplay that is actually like the originals would be nice

the new demons they added were fucking shit and it showed. The reimaginings of the originals were good though

this means doom 5 will be similar to doom 4 i.e. shit

Cyber mancubus was cool, and those twin bosses were quite fresh for doom

Make the game longer and the levels need more variety.

go play some og doom/doom 2 and get the fuck out of Sup Forums until complete it user.

The when you're done go play some final doom/doom 64.

After that go get some wads

>I don't know how that would break a game in mid-2010s, unless we're talking about the ridiculously weak console tech.

Do you realize how broken the game would be if we had 50 imps, 10 knights of hell, pinkies, revenants and cacodemons chasing after you in tight corridors?

I just want them to focus on Quake Champions

Doom was ok but meh

single player fps games are going to be completely obsolete by 2020, if they aren't already

kys

maybe reddit is a better site for you if you want a single player experience

>Turok 2
>Satisfying weapons right from the beginning
I don't like the regular bow or talons personally
Turok 2 starts when you get the shotgun or cheat I guess

Secrets in classic Doom are much more natural and better
Secrets in Doom 4 is mostly collecting and maxing out your Doomguy

Which is alright, but classic Doom shines even when a level is played on its own and the old secrets reflect that.

While Doom 4's secrets really just exist to soup up your Doomguy, no reason to ever revisit them if you replay levels
Doesn't help that Rich get Richer also negates ammo pickups being a necessity and leech grenades combined with it makes you entirely self sufficient without needing anything

I absolutely love the Gauss Cannon though. Doom 4 is alright, not the multiplayer though and that should just be removed

Visuals and enemy count of SS3:BFE, mixed with gameplay and map design of BLOOD.

High jumps and bulletspeed movement right off the bat, all guns have secondary, chainsaw would again be a melee weapon, only thing enemies could drop would be guns and ammo.

I am not exaggerating. You are just proving my point about fans of nuDuum having let their standards drop to rock bottom levels thanks to the consolitis brown&bloom shit. Taking couple small baby steps to right direction after dozens of missteps isn't exactly my idea of "great".

>Enemy count of SS3 with gameplay of Blood
>Hundreds of hitscanner cultists
Looks like there's killing to do

kys

A good game. Doom 2016 was and forever will be a failure. This game killed the franchise like Wolfenstein the new Order did it with Wolfenstein.

those are the worst fucking maps in custom WADs though

Oh god this would be terrible

where the fuck do they get 2020 from

>Heavy Assault Rifle that fires popcorn and uses double ammo to fire exploding popcorn
>or a Minigun with three fucking barrels

Remind me why you would ever use the HAR

Maybe there could be multiple large maps with their own quests and shit.
or maybe this is a really fucking awful idea in execution and im retarded

So is this going to be DOOM:(Insert subtitle here)

I want an improved Doom 3 actually. So make 5 an improved version of what they were going for with 3.

it would be D520 then retard

3 is shit

The cultist literally stopped being a problem after the first couple maps. Hell, I Only couple years ago played through the entirety of BLOOD for the first time, and after getting my ass handed to me several times in the first few maps for playing too slow and cautiously, I stopped fooling around and embraced TNT and bunny hopping.

What comes to Hitscan enemies, I did miss them in new Doom. In originals, they were the weakest foes, made only somewhat of a treat by their "instant", long range attacks, but ultimately their role was to provide ammo and be fun to blow to bits.

They should honestly make doom open world. Raiding demon encampments that pop up on your mini map and npcs to talk and trade with. Maybe add some vehicle combat

Doom 3 > D44M

>I am not exaggerating

yes u are

shit taste and this is coming from someone that loves and grew up with the original doom.

Doom 3 was one of my biggest disappointments.

I mostly play on Extra Crispy so Cultists are usually an issue

But you are right they are a lot easier when you have better weapons and such. The start in Blood is always annoying because pitchfork is just complete shit and ammo is a tad rare until you start getting stockpiled.

Cultists are still probably the deadliest hitscanners in Build/Doom engine stuff though

Also, make multiple argent towers to climb up and update the map with freshest demon locations

Unmaker from 64, including the upgrades
Holy Water pistol
Arachno tron, zombie dogs and nightmare imps/specters
Hell closer to the originals to the point there's eyeball switches, walls of souls and a skull with screens in it
City levels to be inspired by Duke Nukem 3D
Doomguy's face on his hud
Duke Nukem's dead body as an easter egg
Secret Wolfenstein level (fuck you, i want this)

>Doomguy's face on his hud

I really wish they did this, would be goat with center view aim that they added in the update.

I also like Ultimate Doom. In fact it is in my top 5 of all time along with Doom II. I really like Doom 3 and feel today it is underrated. It had its problems but it is a good game that could be improved on so damn well today. Atmospheric lighting in a spooky metallic environment with fast pace gunplay. What the hell is not to like about that?

No. I just have standards that have not changed because of consoles and Cowadooteh.

>Put on helmet
>Have picture of your own face on your visor

Maybe a classic HUD option should be in instead

>Put on helmet
>Have picture of your own face on your visor

but that's exactly how it was in Doom

fair enough, maybe I shouldn't have said it's shit because it's not a bad game. I just didn't like how different it was from doom. Felt more like a system shock survival horror take on doom.

True that, a single Tommygun hoodie can mow you down in seconds even on easier modes. You just gotta compensate with equal firepower and tactics.

Rhat being said, besides Spider Mastermind, Doom's hitscanners have always been quite tame. And that's how they should be,for the sake of balance and variation too.

His face is like on of his most iconic aspects, specially since they even made a model of it but without the hair and the right color of his eyes

what are you talking about? Doom is nothing like CoD. Personally, I really like it because it reminds me a lot of Q3A

>daily reminder doom guy is jewish and is a descendant of bj from wolfenstein

Not confirmed to be canon, that's just a guy with his face from a mobile game, but if the transdimensional Doomguy theory is true, he might be all Doomguy's combined

So, does ID acknowledges MetaDoom yet or are they too busy showing off SnapMap shit?