This part genuinly scared me and left me feeling frustrated with the game

This part genuinly scared me and left me feeling frustrated with the game.
I still don’t think the Plateau offered enough guidance.
I felt lost in everything from cooking to the player’s relationship to death to the cadence of objectives. Even going to the chilly region didn’t feel well explained.

Something felt off. Maybe I’m spoiled about the way open world games train you how to go through an open world but it took a few hours for the game to click with me.

I feel you. I felt like I just got dumped into this big open world and was told to not die.
But I think I like the game more because of it. Being forced to learn everything without any real direction in a game as large as that was a new experience for me.

>I have no sense of adventure
>Plz hold my hand

Yup sounds about right for a shitter

>game guides you to the tower
>all the shrines are visible from there
>GO GET THE SHRINES

What more guidance do you need?

i feel sorry for you when you gotta move out of your parents house and will have to deal with the world.

I don't agree with you at all

The fact that it dumped me into the world was great. I just wish they DIDNT really tell you "hey there are shrines and you need those ".

I think I just wanted something other then shrines. Like maybe shrines that weren't all in the same aesthetic? Maybe some were built into the landscape or something? After awhile it felt all too samey.

The best part of the game was walking the land and just running into shrine quests to do. Those are probably the most interesting.

That's kind of the point. You're supposed to explore, and die, and learn from your mistakes. That's what makes Zelda fun, is doing it on your own.

are you retard?

you're linear.

This is pasta.

OP is right, I died over and over again, the first few times I was even baffled as to what killed me, link just keeled over and died suddenly, then I reailzed it was the cold killing him so I did what any reasonable player would have done and tried to warm up by building a fire , which kinda worked except for the fact that he almost immediately loses health after you take 5 steps away from the fire, I did this for hours with an elaborate string of campfires until I totally ran out of wood left to get more only to find all my campfires had disappeared, It was literal hours until I found that little hut with the dirary that explained spicy food and then gave me the warm clothes even then I had to spend another 5 hours to figure out where the hot chilies where and how to catch fish, I probably spent another few hours looking for a fishing rod before I got fed up and just jumped in to catch them, and that I also got stuck on having to light a fire under the cook pot to get it to work and then I still had a very short window while the food was active. The cold area was totally unfair BECAUSE it wasn't explained well.

Hyrule should have been at the gate and explained cold climate to you because you have no warning that the cold is going to kill you and no hits at how to get through it. It was like a first grade math teacher just handing you a problem and saying figure it out kiddo and then just leaving.

Lol.

You might be genuinely retarded.

Are you afraid to experiment? I ask that question completely seriously.

I mean, worst case scenario, you have to reload your save. No biggie, and its better than some farie constantly telling you what to do.

Did you not think to just carry a tortch?

Did you not notice your health dropping? Did you not see your breath? Did you not see Link shivering? Did you not see the temperature gauge?

There are plenty of flaws with BotW, but the lack of hand holding wasn't one of them.

For fucks sake, there's even a text popup basically telling to get warm or die when you first enter a cold area.

>King gives you the glider and says to meet Impa
>Immediately go southwest towards the desert to see if I could actually survive
I missed out on upgrading my sheikah slate until well after 2 divine beasts but fuck it I had fun.

>death is a slap on the wrist
>no significant consequence for it since you get your last manual or auto-save's inventory
Baby.

I just wish the mechanics of cooking were better fleshed out, or at least better explained.

also wish inventory management was made way better, it feels rudimentary as fuck.

I tried carrying a stick because I never saw a torch early on but it always burned away before I got anywhere major.

I use the pro hud because I hate a cluttered UI, so I didn't get the little pointers which is also bullshit. When you only have three hearts it's very easy to miss your health draining especially when there is no obvious clues that it's happening so yeah I missed it the first few dozen times I died over there.

>The cold area was totally unfair BECAUSE it wasn't explained well.
It was conveyed perfectly you absolute fucking retard.

>I missed out on upgrading my sheikah slate until well after 2 divine beasts but fuck it I had fun.
I didn't even go and see Impa until I did all the divine beasts and more than 60 shrines, get on my level.

>see ice spike
>shoot a fire arrow at it a few times
>gets smaller than a chest
>fuck it, have too many arrows
>break it thinking i'd get nothing
>Yahaha!
>have to fully melt every single ice spike now

You're lucky, I didn't think to actually go to impa until I already got the master sword and killed ganon once.

>I use the pro hud because I hate a cluttered UI, so I didn't get the little pointers which is also bullshit. When you only have three hearts it's very easy to miss your health draining
The pointer shows up regardless, the hearts make noise, and there's a fucking burst of cold air that envelops Link when you enter a cold area without warmth via clothing or tonics. They're right about you being legitimately retarded.

>No obvious clues.
Except for the fact that it starts beeping when you get too low. Then you pause to eat a raw apple or something, and see Link shivering.

Your lack of attention to detail isn't the game's fault.

>I use the pro hud because I hate a cluttered UI
The pointer shows up anyway since it's your first time in a cold area.

The hearts start BEEPING. Are you partially blind and deaf?

Gee have you thought that maybe you weren't a fucking pro at the game you JUST started playing?
>get rid of the notifications because you think you're smart
>REEEE WTF IS HAPPENING WHY IS NO ONE TELLING ME WHAT TO DO

>it's very easy to miss your health draining especially when there is no obvious clues that it's happening
It's perfectly 100% clear to anyone without actual brain damage what's happening.

>I use the pro hud
but how were you missing the sound of your hearts going down and Link flashing as he takes damage
he doesn't immediately drop dead

Jesus this. The only visual clue you're actually missing that's useful in pro is the minimap. Sound, time of day, and temperature are all obvious tells. If Link is shivering, tired in the desert, or just plain ON FIRE you should know what's up.

>I still don’t think the Plateau offered enough guidance.
Jesus Christ, fuck off. It was shitters like you that cursed us with Navi, constant popups, multiple explanations of puzzles and other handholding bullshit. The biggest reason BotW is such a huge success is because the game throws you to the wolves and let's you have FUN.

>or just plain ON FIRE
There should be a picture of link ablaze but totally obvious to the fact.

>especially when there is no obvious clues that it's happening
>Link is shivering on the field and in the menu
>your hearts are slowly depleting
>there's an audio cue for each depleted chunk
Man, I'm glad you didn't head to the volcanic region first. I can't even imagine how stupid that would have sounded.

Generally, you were meant to do the first two shrines first before attempting the Mr. Hylia shrine.

That whole section was a culmination of everything you should've learned so far. Stamina management when climbing, cooking elixirs, using objects to make bridges, etc. You could've even made it easier if you made the old man's recipe.

I wish he headed for Death Mountain first.
Trial by fire, you fucking pussy.

OP, the chili plant grows right next to the entrance to the cold area. The NPC's practically explain everything if you talk to them.
You're even worse.

>I use the pro hud because I hate a cluttered UI.
Did you also die when trying to climb Death Mountain the first time? Was you bursting into flames not enough of a clue?

Come on, man. Ignoring the temperature gauge, there's the burst of air that surrounds Link when he enters the cold, there's the breath of air that you can see coming out of his mouth. If you stand still, or enter the pause menu, you'll see him shiver. The hearts start beeping when you get low, which means you should pause to eat something, and see Link shivering.

I can understand you missing some of this shit the first time until you were so far in that you couldn't get back out easily, but "over and over" again? That's on you.

>because I never saw a torch early on
Nigga you're both clinically blind AND retarded, there's a fucking torch in the old man's cave RIGHT at the start of the game

>OP is right
Nice try. We know it's you.

Torches were literally everywhere.

I'm glad Nintendo didn't try to cater to idiots like you, otherwise we'd have some annoying character popping up every minute telling you what to do instead of discovering things for yourself.

This is what happens when kids grow up on OoT

I grew up on OoT and had no problem figuring out ways to survive the cold, that guy's just brain dead.

I attempted the same thing.

I got Guardian'd though and then ended up going to Kakariko by accident when running away like pussy since i hadn't figured out you could parry the laser, or rather, i hadn't figured out that you could do it with wooden shit and was expecting it to be locked behind a Mirror Shield or something like that, you know, since Wood would logically catch fire.

I should note i kept going in to disable the quest beacons whenever i got a quest, which was a good decision, made exploring better and let me get distracted ins stead of getting tunnel vision.

With the one thing i specifically avoided being Medoh and boy do i regret that.

>Zelda's name is literally Zelda Hyrule.
That is so fucking stupid.

if you talk to the old man he tells you how to keep warm

>I don't understand titles

>waa this game is too hard, please hold my hand

I think you'd be better off playing Skyward Sword, partner.

>no obvious clues
>missed it the first few dozen times I died

Do you think that dying might have been a clue that you were taking damage?