Name a better 2D game than this

Name a better 2D game than this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jYyZfME5XYY&t=2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

super mario bros 3

Tetris

Abe's Exoddus.

Aside from that though, I literally can't.

Oddworld is the high water mark of 2D gaming.

Heart of Darkness

You mean, better platformer, better 2D games in general, or what? I consider Doom or duke Nukem 3D to be best 2D games (even though I love Abe), and Sonic 2 & 3 to be better platformers.

I really love the Oddworld games, I used to play the PS1 demo over and over again as a kid. Recently played them through on the PC and they hold up really well. I don't think they're the best 2D game. Platformer or puzzle, maybe. IMO the best 2D game is Seiken Densetsu 3, and I don't usually like weebshit.

i absolutely loved oddworld, not a fan of the remaster, has all of these weird fucked up camera angles and the 60 fps gives me a headache.
i loved the soundtrack to the game, it was so eerie and the art for the game is so neat

when i was like 4 on abes exoddus where you could go to that character thing and have them talk, my brother would always go to the one of the boss guys with the big heads and have him say KILL EM and it made me cry cause he sounded scary

>hello
>hello
>follow me
>ok
>grrrr
>i don't know
>*farts*
>hehehe

>topic
this
is the correct answer.

WHAT IF HE GETS THE BOILLLAAA

THE BOILLAA??

>yfw finished the game as a child but didn't save enough modukons to get the good ending

the bad endings are all stupid anyway

my nigga

i got some of my normie friends to play this and they liked it. that's good right?[\spoiler]

*Another World

add the swapper to that. quite short, but thoroughly enjoyable

Exoddus was better, but both are fucking GOAT 2D platformers. They're my two favorite games of all time.

New n Tasty was....disappointing. I bought it because I wanted to support the devs in the hopes that they'd have more to come, but the original Oddyssee was better. NnT animations were fast and janky, and the gore/death was nowhere near as funny or satisfying as Oddyssee.

Although, I must say, the Exoddus reboot looks promising. Graphics look pretty sweet, and it seems dark as fuck. And I think they dropped Just Add Water, who I think were responsible for NnT being so lackluster.

>tfw you take your time saving every mudokon in Exoddus
>last billboard before ending
>mfw 299
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Another World and Flashback were fantastic too.

I beat AW a bunch of times, but never got around to beating Flashback. I just downloaded a SNES rom for Flashback on my Raspberry Pi, I've been meaning to give it another whirl soon.

Not set piece driven enough.

For a game about a little kid trying to save his dog Heart of Darkness is surprisingly gruesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=jYyZfME5XYY&t=2s

Was Oddworld weirdly popular with girls?

Because I have a rupture farms t-shirt, and 90% of people who've known what it was have been female. Age ranging from 18-50s.

They are really good but I also had a lot of fun with Heart of Darkness.

Nier Automata

Upsets me that the only thing people take away from that game is, "dude look at these siiiick death animations!" The game is damn good. The game definitely has problems with its tone though. Not sure how that came about when Another World had an fantastic atmosphere. Plus Heart of Darkness has a really lame ending compared to Another World. Still great though. Amazing animation and better puzzles than Another World.

The death animations are a nice draw to get people interested in trying it out.

there are plenty of better platformers

2d oddworld is procedural puzzles first, platforming second

super mario
danky kang

WRONG!

THIS IS THE GOAT.

GET OUT NORMIES>

*blocks your path*

>beat exoddus as a 9 year old but dont have the willpower to go back and beat oddysee

Oddysee is ridiculously hard compared to exodus

Remember me?

>how have I never heard of this game?
>rated E
>how gruesome can these deaths possibly be?
>mfw

God tier game but damn some parts are bullshit
>mfw first time doing final section of eat at joe's as an 8 years old

This.

The lack of a quicksave function makes it even more difficult.

>if you escape, all 28 mudokons on this floor die!
>next scene
>escapees: 27
>casualties: 1

Not when you link them to a video that shows every single one of them!

Hollow Knight