Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/ozmkk
youtube.com/watch?v=igwM8yEG1tU
my.mixtape.moe/mjjkpk.mp3
streamable.com/04ap1
streamable.com/7bwou
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pic related

I don't understand why it's like this but the dub itself is pretty good besides the weird pronunciation of Sakamoto

They pronounce it Seh KAH muto
because they were told to do so

How is he a chink if he knows little japanese?

Yeah that's just a convenient excuse to cover up their shitty localization.

What happened is the voice director got the details from Atlus JP, told them to do this and that, and the voice director says "Fuck it! We goin texan now boysss" and does whatever the fuck he wants.

Coupled with the fact that none of these VAs can pronounce anything foreign to begin with and that they only do 1 take the end result becomes a putrid mess only retarded americans would like.

>b-but client told us to do so
Proofs? She can go fuck herself with this bullshit, even non-weebs know that this pronounciation is horrible and wrong.

>The Japanese at HQ made us pronounce the Japanese name wrong

Oh, I believe you.

So let me confirm it one last time before the release. Jap audio is not on disc, but will be downlodable day 1?

What support do you have for these claims? Why should people believe what you've said there over what a confirmed VA has said from their experience in the industry?

Yes, it was why the game got delayed one last time

Yes.

>The Japanese, a honorabru race, told us to fuck up their names even a 3 year old kid in Japan could pronounce flawlessly

l m a ooooo the damage control is real

Its not our concern to prove her wrong since she herself provided no evidences for her own bullshit.

>they asked us to pronounce it wrong
Really? Fucking really?

>delay for several months
>dub still bad
All for nothing ?

Thank god it was delayed. This dub is disgusting.

The delay wasn't for rerecording the dub

>Atlus themselves told us to pronounce the wrong way!
Sorry but I seriously can't accept this. No company that wants to make money would seriously go out of their to way to fuck their product up.

You realize the English dub voices and English text localization is exactly the same as it was during the early reveals way back, right?

The delay was so Atlus had something in a quarter where nobody else could really compete with Persona 5. They're releasing the game at a perfect time and they knew it. The Japanese dub Free-DLC was just a bandaid so that people would be okay with the delay.

Sounds like Atlus has shitty localization teams for Persona. This is not a surprise, guys. These are the same guys that using honorifics was perfectly acceptable. It just sounds fucking stupid in the English language and just reminds me that I'm playing a JRPG with a second-rate localization.

meanwhile they call the game PERUSONA FAIVU

Better than PURSEOWNER FAIVE

I believe her but it's still weird.

I always watch anime dubbed if possible, but I still hate P5's dub. None of the voices match what they look like and they can't pronounce japanese names and words. Shit is fucking retarded

How is it even possible that a population that lives on the other side of the planet pronounces a latin word better than the descendants of barbarians that inherited half their language from latin?
Seriously what the fuck

>streamable.com/ozmkk
>people will miss out on the pure sex voice that "igor" has in jap in favor of the dub's "WUBB WUBB" voice filter
sad

American people are too sensitive about pronunciation.
it's foreigners name, who cares?

>Throw a fit over mispronounced Japanese names.
>Meanwhile Japan always gets a free pass for stuffing mangled English in anything they can get their hands on.

no voice-acting master race

I have bad news for you user. P5's "no voice acting" option doesn't work for 3D and anime cutscenes, of which there are a fucking lot. So you're gonna have to still listen to it.

They added more voice acting for the english dub

It's one thing to have a Japanese guy mispronounce an English word, it's another to have a Japanese guy mispronounce a Japanese word
Just because the Japanese guy speaks English in the voice over doesn't make the guy not Japanese and the error not pathetic

I am american and I care.
SakAmoto sounds unnatural and stupid.

This was debunked. One of the English streams showed that the co-op ranks 2-9 are still unvoiced in English, and none of the other unvoiced dialogue is voiced now either. It's the same amount.

That's so fucking good. Like a musical in my ears.

I'm actually glad that dumb dub fags will miss out on this.

Oh shit really? Good, then I won't feel bad about going with JP voices

>duel audio

why are you still mad?

No it wasn't. Literally in the opening scene Atlus USA added "Oh fu---" with a voice line which wasn't present anywhere in the original.

Why would japanese people tell you to pronounce japanese names wrong?

They can't pronounce it right because they're tongue-tied, its on par with the accent. Our shitty dub actors on the other hand can't pronounce japanese names for shit because they're just too stupid to check on proper accentuation.

Wait, are you telling me that the Japanese voice DLC actually has more voiced content than the standard English dub?

What the fuck.

That's different. The scene there is still voiced, they just added 4 letters to the line, the line was still in the Japanese version.
The Japanese version of the game has a fair bit of unvoiced dialogue in it, for all ranks of co-ops barring 1 and 10, and for a lot of less important story scenes - all of these are still unvoiced in English.

Igor's dub actor is so gravely and daddy

This.
I have a Slavo-Germanic name and I work with brits. I never had any expectation for any of them to get my name 100% right. Trying to get my name right AND speak correct English makes it sound forced and not natural at all.

>Wait, are you telling me that the Japanese voice DLC actually has more voiced content than the standard English dub?
No, it has the same amount for both.

So

how ARE you supposed to say it?

Here's a few instances.

youtube.com/watch?v=igwM8yEG1tU

>Atlus USA added NTR
>my.mixtape.moe/mjjkpk.mp3
kek

Probably because it's not Igor.

Sa-Ka-Mo-To.

No emphasis on anything in particular. Americans can't pronounce Japanese words due to inflection and pitch-accent.

> this localization took this long

> bare minimum voice acting

so glad I'm passing on r/atheism's hetero dating sim part 5

SAH-ka-moto.

This.

I just want Atlus USA to burn, and there is nothing wrong with it.

>P5 is dual audio now, because everybody is done with their bullshit and won't be tolerant to shitty dubs anymore
>meanwhile we will never get dual audio versions of DeSu1 Overclocked, DeSu2 Record Breaker, Soul Hackers remake (they even removed NPCs voices from it!), SMTIV, SMTIV: Final and many other games that were butchered with their shitty dubs.

Do you remember Ginko from Soul Hackers? In dub it was voiced by woman, while in japanese version it was voiced by fucking Sugita Tomokazu (male). This character was a transvestite, but because of shitty american voice acting I was forced to think that he's a female.

They added garbage jamaican accent to Cielo from DDS, which wasn't present in the original version.

It's ridiculous, sure, but I can see it happening if they just don't give much of a shit about the western pronunciations. Like she could have heard sakamoto, and assumed it sounded that way due to the dialect, and said it her way and wasn't corrected. Surely if they gave a fuck they would have listened to it and said it was wrong.

>r/atheism's hetero dating sim part 5
nice meme

This is 100% bullshit. I took two years of Japanese in highschool and even I can correctly pronounce names. There is no way a fluent native speaker is going to say the name wrong. Also, it's not like its even that a hard thing to say, not something like Tsutaerarenakatta

You're operating under the assumption that Atlus USA gives a fuck.

They don't. That's why the dub in P5 is shit.

>In dub it was voiced by woman, while in japanese version it was voiced by fucking Sugita Tomokazu (male)
What the actual fuck.

>This character was a transvestite, but because of shitty american voice acting I was forced to think that he's a female.
The horror.

Get this fujoshit bait out of here we both know they dont actually fag it up

Tsu-ta-e-rare-na-katta?

Or did I fuck that one up?

Final's dub was good though, which makes Persona 5's ass dub all the more embarassing.

>98$ Day 1 on disc DLC
Fatlustrash WILL defend this

Just wait, they're gonna do exactly the same thing with the transvestite in Persona 5.

I'M ONLY HUMAN AFTER ALL!

>Final's dub was good though
No him, but it wasn't. Original IV was tolerable, but Final was pure cringe trash.

It sounds like they were just trying to get them to place emphasis on the second syllable, which is correct.

>He buys outfits dlc for his Japanese games

Aren't there Jap games that sell single outfits for $15?

Let me rephrase that. Like the game itself, the dub was saved by Dagda.

>Like the game itself, the dub was saved by Dagda.
Cancer, Dagda only continued to make the trashheap that Final already was stink even more

>SMT IV

It's the only VA'd Atlus thing I've played post-original P4. I think the voices and pronunciations are alright for the most part, but the DIRECTION. OH MY GOD. I don't think I've ever felt such a disconnect between the context of the story and what I was hearing. Whenever 2 or more people were talking at the same time it would completely take me out of the moment.

Lucky for them I'm a SMT junkie but I really, REALLY hope these problems didn't carry over in P5.

that's Osaka accent
In Tokyo, you should pronounce saKAmoto

Igor is fucking dead, stop pretending the new actor is good!

Should have axed the character and replaced him with Igor's mom or something

>Lucky for them I'm a SMT junkie but I really, REALLY hope these problems didn't carry over in P5.
P5's dub is sounding even worse - the question is, why are you even bothering with it when there's dual audio now?

Dagda's voice actor is P5 MC.
He actually knew how to pronounce Japanese names too.

But because he's the MC at most you'll get "Persona!" and other combat shit from him. Not saving this game's dub.

>Igor is fucking dead, stop pretending the new actor is good!
play p5 to the end kid

Stressing any spevific syllable in Japanese is incorrect. You stress none or you stress them all

>in original version he's almost father-like pride-driven figure who don't give a fuck about anything
>in dub he's homicidal batshit edgelord almost drooling in every dialogue
Yeah, fuck that. You clearly never heard how it was supposed to sound in the first place.

>Atlus USA is still going to make bank

Even Persona 4 Golden had parts where a character would give a generic laugh, then proceed to say five paragraphs of dialogue.

you fucks are sad

>effin' and freakin

For Christ's sake ATLUS teenagers can say the word "fuck". Kids in middle school say fuck, they say fuck in the dub.

Ryuji literally screams fuck repeatedly in the actual fucking game

streamable.com/04ap1

This the japanese cant speak english for fucking shit but we are supposed to respect their goblin language

>Steins Gate 0
>american ivy league professor
>HARRO EVURREE WAN HAVING NICE DAYS
Wow so funny!

>american dub
>Sah-kaeh-moto
FUCKING AMERICAN DELETE THIS FUCKING BURGER EDUCATION IGNORANT PIGS KILL ALL WHITE MEN

You should consider actually playing the game before saying shit like this. P5 is literally a sendoff to Igor's old VA.

Confirmed for not knowing the difference in structure of languages.

Grade A retard lmao

He is saying shit there. And that's a very big outlier, Ryuji goes fucking mental after Goro blackmails them. He doesn't act like that for the rest of the game, and he literally phones you up to apologize for losing his temper after that scene.

No it's not you lying retard.

Do you have any Aoi Yuuki clips?

Man, Goro seems like the best from what I've seen.
>voiced by Yamato Jesus in nip and some tales character in eng
>detective
>cool set of personae
>dad is Senator Pittbull
>justice arcana
>best AoA splash
>beam sword

you fools have the jap dub now are you fucks really mad about this holy shit

He's just posting the clip I posted in /pg/ a few weeks back, but I've got plenty of Aoi Yuuki clips, what do you want?

Not going to lie, I honestly wondered what the hell was up with the males in this game. Then I remembered the male Atlus employees that kept falling on top of each other.

>ok guys we have a japanese game, with an anime style, set in a japanese high school with japanese kids
>do you think people want to hear them speak english or japanese

Chill dude, I'm Japanese who speak ENGRISH and don't give a shit about your 'wrong' pronunciation.
again, You guys are too sensitive.

I wanna know how you would go about dubbing this scene

streamable.com/7bwou

Fanbase is full of in-the-closest weebs who thinks the original audio is for weebs and retards

>why are you even bothering with it when there's dual audio now?

Like most people, I want P5 to scratch the itch that P3 and 4 left me. Unlike most people (here at least), I enjoyed both dubs, despite being a sub-only turboweeb.

The dub is part of the itch I want to scratch. If it does indeed gets SMT IV levels of bad, then I'll switch, and thank god we have that option.

Sure you are.

I'm Donald Trump.

>he didn't hack his 3DS
Literally playing Soul Hackers in english with jap voices right now

>the two languages are too different!
>But it only works one way!

It doesnt excuse the insane spelling and grammatical errors anyway. What do they keep those english teachers for?

Who will replace Igor?

I honestly couldn't give any less of a shit about the quality of the dub as long as the gameplay is fantastic and the story is decent.

Also, I'm gonna be really disappointed if they didn't build and improve on the systems they already had while also adding on hundreds of new moves. It's been almost a decade since the last Persona and a whole new system. Shit better be great.