How informed are the people you talk to about video games?

How informed are the people you talk to about video games?

I got to thinking about this because I saw someone here calling Yooka Laylee a "Banjo-Kazooie ripoff" like they didn't know it was made by the same team.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sRNDnR9Za4M
store.steampowered.com/app/232810/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Most people who are raising a shitstorm weren't going to buy the game anyways and are just looking to flame political drama. Most people who are interested in it don't give a shit either way if Jon was removed or not, not that there aren't people who more or less interested because of it though.

>same team.

Actually they just did Nuts and Bolts.

I would say I'm fairly informed, depending on the month. Most people I speak to aren't, though.

Can someone post the ending for me ? I don't feel like finishing the game

>get job at Nintendo in 2017
>leave after making one game
>lolololol same company

i just want to fucking play good games which hardly ever exist anymore without political bullshit

>Most people who are raising a shitstorm weren't going to buy the game anyways and are just looking to flame political drama.

how do you know this?

He doesn't. He's doing damage control. If nothing else, the shitstorm that flared up on kickstarter, where you couldn't even post without donating, proves him wrong.

Then stop funding developers that engage in politics like Yooka Laylee. I'm hoping this and mass effects shitstorm will be a big reminders to focus on making games not virtue signaling.

I did. I got my money back from KS. They were quite clear that they didn't want Jon's opinions outside of the game to taint the experience of the game. I can't imagine that they would want someone who mirrors those opinions to have a hand in creating the game, as that could potentially harm the image of Playtonics.

But I thought Mass Effect sold billions like always

what's the sudden shitshow about that game anyway?

youtube.com/watch?v=sRNDnR9Za4M

What are you talking about?

>I don't want political bullshit associated with my games
>Platonic doesn't want political bullshit associated with their game
>Fuck them!
What did he mean by this???

It means that Playtonic doesn't want the work of someone who holds Jon's opinions, as they might damage the reputation of the game/company, so rather than simply stating he doesn't necessarily represent their opinions, that they are refusing his work for the game.

Money is a physical representation of work, so if they don't want people with those opinions to tarnish their game, then they should both ask and allow people who share his opinions to divest from the game, so that the end consumer can "relax and unwind," without worrying about where the money to fund their game came from.

Before this thread starts going a mile a minute, can someone tell me what the minor hubbub is about some Playtonic guy insulting anime avatars? Someone mentioned that earlier but they never backed it up and I couldn't find anything.

As shown in the video here, a Team 17 employee, who looks like an anime fag himself with his blue hair, more-or-less insults people with anime avatars on his twitter.

If you don't want a bigot's work, you most certainly shouldn't want a bigot's money.

Yet, while they were quick to distance themselves from one bigot, they seem to take an issue with the other bigots that are just following that line of thinking to its logical conclusion.

Mostly extremely bad PR. Playtonic really needs to cut ties with those publishers.

when people think Nu-male rare are old rare that really gets my sphincter twitching

that's like saying the nu-bioware were the ones that made Kotor

It's not reaaaaally the "same team" and he probably said that because it looks like a shitty knockoff

Got a specific time? Rather not sit through an 11 minute video.

At least it's from the publisher and not the developer, I guess.

Around 8 min mark. It's rather brief so pause it.

Except Rare's not making the game. It's employees from when it was the old Rare. Thanks for letting us know about your incontinence though, that was lovely.

>Money is a physical representation of work
I have never read anything so stupid in my life.

First of all, money represents demand, not work. QED the entertainment industry.

Second of all, you immediately follow that statement up with
>so if they don't want people with those opinions to tarnish their game, then they should both ask and allow people who share his opinions to divest from the game
As if it follows logically from your first (incorrect) statement which it does not: it is a non sequitur as well as making no sense.

A cook at a fast food restaurant is exposed to all clientele as having never washed his hands when leaving the washroom. He is fired. You're argument is that if the restaurant management wants to be consistent they should, upon doing this, also refund all clientele who didn't wash their hands.

How stupid are you? Were you hoping that using the word "divest"would throw us off the scent?

Thanks. I don't usually say this but holy shit he looks like a complete faggot.

This is genuinely one of the most sloppily handled PR situations I've seen in a long time. Even NMS handled it better than this.

See

There was a post mocking how bad the VA was in Yokka Laylee because Shovel Knight was going yohohoho and clearly didn't know thats what happened in BK games
I'm pretty sure 90% of this 'uprage' are jontron or pol shills

>Even NMS handled it better than this.
>No man's sky handled their or better than this
What

That video is incomplete. borderline lying, for one, it doesn't mention that the team actually answered about the refund requests and only started to ban and deleted when they kept asking for it desptie already knowing the answer.

You know exactly what I mean.

What? These people twist facts to manufacture outrage? You don't say!

had to look this up jesus christ no wonder it has the same empty looking levels

Normally I wouldn't doubt myself but I must be misunderstanding you, because what i think I'm reading is retarded

Don' trust that video, itt' quite biased, as amatter of fact.

Here is the actual laid down:
-Way late in the development, they decided to include Jontron as a Voice actor
-it was never part of any of the reac goal of the Kickstarter, they did it because he was a big fan of the Banjo Kazooie guy and is an actual actor.
-Jontron in an unrelated interview wmade racist remark by cherry picking on some stats and made a gorss conclusion out of it.
-People complained about it to the dev team of Yookai laylee
-The dev team strongly disgree with Jon's view and didn't want to work with him anymore.
-They decided Jontron wouldn't do Voice acting anymore
-Cue a bunch of people asking ofor Refund of their donation because of this change
-Dev team answered that they didn't bring any of the engagement they had done toward the donators and that they will therefore nor refund and closed the thread.
-People kept making thread asking for refund, despite already knowing the answer. It was deemed as spamming shitpositng and they started banning people for it.

A lot of people started to complain about this and called that censorship, despite the initial complain having been actually answered.
-Dev team made funs of the shitposters.

Seriously, they did nothing wrong. In different circumstance, they would have been called "based" here, but because they are on "the wrong side" they are called unprofessional instead.

Because people who talk about video games generally don't play them.
They're doing it as a job or to some end other than being about the game.
Ignore them, lets play some games.

>Even NMS handled it better than this.
No, no. NMS still take the top, far from it. this is really a mild situation being blown out of proportion.

Tell me what you think you're reading.

Yeah, I understand the situation and wasn't paying attention to what the video was saying anyway. But I still think the guy came off as an asshole and would have done better keeping his mouth shut. I wouldn't defend this attitude in any situation.

This

Just not Yooka-Laylee because it looks cheap, and shit level design.

store.steampowered.com/app/232810/

that's not how you spell Godus 22cans is already filing for bankruptcy.

That was definitely a catastrophe
But it didn't have anywhere near the same amount of exposure as nms. Nms was on fucking Conan for fuck's sake. It was pimped everywhere. It was a bigger PR debacle

>half your friends only play LoL and Overwatch
>the other half preorders every single AAA title and all on-release DLC without fail

I don't understand it

This thread had nothing to do with anything he just said you slack jawed slut.

But I had a guy the other day ask me if I was excited about skyrim on the switch...even though he knows I have 15 hours on the PC version.

Super glad I don't fund kickstarters.

Here's what actually went down
>a dozen people from neogaf write angry emails
>playtonic/team17 bend over for them
>they bring politics into their childrens game by taking a side and alienate half of their playerbase
>start banning people out of spite
>when the shitstorm gets too big call their own backers and customers idiots on twitter instead
>everyone's mad

They fired a guy over political bullshit. That's associating political bullshit with their game.

And none of them pay any attention to indie games, I assume.

You're pretty biased with attacking Jon's views, so why should anyone believe you instead?

>Stealing money from people who no longer want anything to do with you
>Nothing wrong because you agree with their politics.

What the hell happened?

see

the sjw nu-males and feminist kicked out Jon Tron after someone from their cuck circle got triggered by what he said, they reached out to all tabloid news and claimed he said racist things then later retracted to "controversial".

Can I get a non-Sup Forums answer that isn't full of buzzwords that just stated what happened.

Oh, you want the corporate dick sucking answer, I'm guessing?

no, fuck off

No I want something that explains what happened.

Jon said things that could easily be considered controversial, and the dev team severed ties with him.

that's what happened you stupid tranny, go back to tumblr or reddit if you get triggered so easily.

>proceed to create a giant issue out of nothing
hmmmm

Then banned people who wanted a refund because the devs did things that could easily be considered controversial.

They catered to a vocal minority by publicly denouncing Jontron as a PR move and alienated people with their politically driven move. People threw a shitfit because #1 Jontron has done nothing but shill heavily for them for free and doesn't even work for the company in the first place (his voice role was done for free), #2 they're demonizing a man for his personal views (a fair deal of this being based on shit he didn't actually say), #3 they're banning and insulting people for complaining about their decision on various forums/twitter shit, a fair number of which knew about the game and helped support it because of Jontron in the first place.

> that OP pic

Fukking gold, saved

The devs have the right to do what they did. I can only hope people who decide to request a refund are more wary of crowdfunding in the future.

Are you kidding user?

They fired a guy over politics

They are banning / muting people who are not happy with what they are doing

They refuse to give out refunds

And you are telling me that they dont want politics associated with them when they are seeking them out?

>How informed are the people you talk to about video games?
99% they are absolutely incompetent retards.

The people who want a refund have a right to it.

Though they should learn the wonders of chargebacks since the devs are faggots.

I see, thanks.
Is it that difficult to do it this way?

You're right, they can sabotage their game if they want. Doesn't make it any less retarded

Catering to whiny bitches is always tedious, yes.

>>a dozen people from neogaf write angry emails
>>playtonic/team17 bend over for them
Yes, because it's a well known facts people can't have their own opinion.

Why Sup Forums isn't unable to graps the concept, even if there wans't any social pressure, some people would still chose to distance themselves from racsit statement.
>>they bring politics into their childrens game
No, they don't. The change will not have political content because of this change. Are you stupid. it's not how it work. People are nit under some kind of obligation to work with ones they disagree with.
>>start banning people out of spite
Wrong, they banned shitposter AFTER their issues had already been aressed.
>>when the shitstorm gets too big call their own backers and customers idiots on twitter instead
Wrong, they only called out shitposters
>>everyone's mad
Only the shitposters.

There

Shut your face, retard. Go kill yourself.

Why people always shot themselves in the head like this, it's like no one know how to maintain a good business without going SJW these days

>You're pretty biased with attacking Jon's views
I am not biased. it's factual he did cherry picking in the stats he used and did gross misinterpretations.

They have no reason to cater to anyone who applies the "SJW" buzzword to everything.

>>Stealing money
No. Not wanting to give back money that was GIVEN to you in the first place is not stealing. Not holding their engagement is and they didn't break any promise.
>>Nothing wrong because you agree with their politics.
No. Nothing wrong because they didn't break any of their engagements.

>Studies are wrong if they don't agree with my views
>Not biased.

>Why people always shot themselves in the head like this
They didn't see

>Yes, because it's a well known facts people can't have their own opinion.
>>>>>letting "your own opinion" affect your professional project
they could've handled this profesionally, maybe contacted him privately and then cut his part from the game without making a giant scene and virtue-signaling, but they chose to create a controversy out of absolutely nothing on their to-be released game

Kickstarter pledges are given because you want the game. If you don't want the game, it should be refunded. Just like how you can refund any order before it's shipped.

>>Studies are wrong if they don't agree with my views
IS SOMETHING I DIDN'T SAY.

I said Jontron cherry picked in it. Please learn to read.

>No, they don't. The change will not have political content because of this change. Are you stupid. it's not how it work. People are nit under some kind of obligation to work with ones they disagree with.
>>>start banning people out of spite
>Wrong, they banned shitposter AFTER their issues had already been aressed.

People aren't under any kind of obligation to back up people they disagree with either
They have the right to have a refund
Also the issue wasn't "aressed"
It was dodged and ignored
And it's not professionnal to called any kind of customers idiots, shitposter or not, people deserved to be respected, especially since they are paying for your work

You're only claiming it's cherry picked because you disagree with the study. You are biased.

>shitposters shitposters shitposters shitposters
you're an idiot

Playtonic doesn't need the money of anyone who supports the alt-right.

It's better to have those people not be customers in the first place.

What's with the ones crossed out in red? Has someone been killing them?

If they doesn't need it then they would have refund them right-

No green ones are those who actually matter, yellow ones are passable, red are shit that should be replaced

Catering to an extreme minority that consists of Nazis, Racists, Sexists, Gamergaters , alt-right and other deplorables is a bad business decision now?

Sorry but Playtronic made a great decision for the future of the game and if there are as much people who claim to not buy the game after this event then perhaps maybe this genre isn't worth reviving when the fans consists of people like this.

That's not how Kickstarter works, it's not a long term agreement. Once funding is reached, they can do whatever they want with the money and Kickstarter has no say in it.

Why people take that risk and fund Kickstarters is a different question. To me, it's beyond stupid and they only have their stupidity to blame.

It's Playtronic's money now, why should they refund something that the people willingly gave in the first place?

my friends are all CoD and ark these days.
I can't play anything with them now.
also because of:

this

This post is a great admission that you're just gonna bait senpai.

Cm'on you would say they are based if they distanced themselves from a crazy liberal.

I don't think it's a valid reason for refund in thr Kickstarter contract so no, they are literally not forced to refund them.

they made a big statement that they would respect refunds, and then banned people who spammed the question redundantly

>says he looked something up
>didn't
why?