Is this game worth playing without paid stashes? Be honest

Is this game worth playing without paid stashes? Be honest.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/Krageesh/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah.

No.

Worth playing if you're poor.

Otherwise...

If you're looking for something casual to play, Diablo.

If you're looking to play more religiously Grim Dawn.

Marvel Heroes honestly is just as good as PoE, and definitely less toxic.

More like is the game fun at all? Answer: not really.

you need to buy at least one premium stash imo

beyond that its just up to you to effectively manage the 4 ones they give you

i think its a fun game

More than enough. If you need extra space, you can always make 20+ extra characters and use their personal storage.

That's extra ~10+ storage.

Just get smart. Its bit of inconvenience but if you only intend on playing for few months, its worth it. If you plan on long term play, it would be best to just get extra stash and support the game devs.

maybe

Yes, but right now you're better off waiting for the massive update this summer.

It would be a lot more enjoyable if he first familiarized himself with the mechanics.
Jumping in blind into a new patch with even more shit added is not the best idea.

Definitely not, it's borderline unplayable if you want to actually play past the first few acts, without additional stash tabs. At least a currency tab, and 1-2 extra tabs, one of them being premium if you want to do trading without killing yourself. That being said it's an amazing game if you were ever into D2, the best arpg on the market, and a solid great game overall. And this is not even taking into account the mindfuckingly huge 3.0 update coming in a few months. also you can get the 'required' amount of stash tabs for cheap, they often go on sale. I've probably spent less than 20 euros, and gotten 700 hours out of it.

I played the game for over 1k hours without buying any stashes. I think the most convenient thing to do is buy the currency tab, if you enjoy the game, and perhaps 1 premium tab.

Yes.

Staches are only useful if you want to get into crafting, and crafting in this game requires way too much time or effort to get anything worth a fuck .

>I played the game for over 1k hours without buying any stashes
Somehow I doubt it.

Although paying certainly makes life easier, it's not an ongoing money sink by any means. We're talking a one time $10 investment for one currency tab and one premium tab, that's all you'll ever need for temporary leagues.

>it's borderline unplayable if you want to actually play past the first few acts, without additional stash tabs
How did I play through 2 difficulties then? Fucking retard.

>unplayable past the first few acts
>amazing game if you were ever into D2
You either never played D2 or forget too fast.

>through 2 difficulties then
You barely started the game.

>needing stash tabs

Of course you are disadvantaged. In the same way you are disadvantaged by playing hardcore instead of standard. Just play hardcore self found mode and actually play the game.

You don't need paid stashes, you can very easily store most stuff that you need in other characters and if you want to sell stuff without premium stashes you can use 3rd party tools.

There used to be far less stuff to pick up and stash. You didn't need a premium to sell stuff cause that functionality didn't exist, you had to use forum posts or a program to do it for you. It's only recently with the addition of so much more stuff like essences and talismans to store where it became even more of a pain in the ass to play without extra stashes, so I bought some.

Maybe but it's not "first few acts". That's why I called bullshit. Fucking retards.

>hardcore
>when lag spikes still fucking you up
Sure bud.

Yes.
Annoying. Slightly.
Don't be a pleb and just pick up everything thinking "it might be useful" if its useful you'll know if not toss that shit.

As far as just trying it out goes, yes.
But if you get to endgame and start mapping, maybe making another couple of characters and so on, the paid stashes offers so much convenience for so little price it feels amost mandatory.
In that case, get at very least a currency tab and a premium one for trading.
At least devs knows that and stashes are on sale almost every weekend or so.

>when /poeg/ boasts about playing "hardcore" and they all have logout macros

make a few mules and you're set.

I can't wait for 3.0 god I wish I could freeze myself

So every time I need an item, I have to log out, log in with a different character, move the item in the shared stash, then log out, log in with my main character and pick that item up?

yes

no, you trash the item. Because it's shit and you don't really need it. Go kill something instead and better things will drop.

not really no

Yes, but if you going to play on HC you'll need stash tabs

Sure is fun game. Have to wait for a long time to afford a tabula.

Despite what digital hoarders will tell you, you don't need dedicated stash space for all 20 karui wards you found.

sure you can play self found pretty easilly

>using crutchula rasa

Logout macros do not save you from unevitable death's.

It depends.

It really inconvenient to play more or less seriously (let's say red maps, 80+ levels) without at least currency and one premium tab.

But 4 basic tabs are enough to just dick around. Played just fine about 60 hours before I end up buying new tabs.

I don't understand this thread. There's a new league every few months with whole new shit and all your previous items are wiped. Are you playing the shitty regular leagues? What's wrong with you? Why are you hoarding items to the point that your 4 stashes are filled by the time you hit cruel? Are you retarded?

Make it to act 4 merciless first before buying anything

If you're new then I don't see why not. However if you plan on doing more advanced things you will need the tabs. Currency tab is a must if you intend to play past lvl 85 as the amount of currency you have will take up way to much space. Sadly with every league GGG add more stash bloat so if you want to do that you either have to be extremely picky in what you loot or pick up some tabs.

I'll give you an example of what my tabs look like as a person with a lvl 90, 98, 94 this league.

>Currency tab
>Divination/essence/atziri/shaper fragment tab (single normal tab, making sure no one misreads and thinks I bought the waste that the divination and essence tabs)
>4 premium tabs for trading
>League stone tab
>Jewel tab
>Talisman tab (I only loot rare talismans and its still 3/4ths full of t1-3s)
>2 map tabs
>Tab of lvling uniques/rares to make sure post rip1-70 is never over 5 hours
>Tab of uniques I want to use for future characters
>Tab of rings/belts and ilvl 84+ bases to be crafted/lab enchanted
>Tab of skill gems
>Tab to dump stuff looted after doing a map so as to not waste time between maps sorting every single run

>Is this game worth playing without paid stashes? Be honest.

yes.
you have to compromise on what to pick up and stash for future use or trading, but it's a minor inconvenience at most.

moron
1 tab (at least) for currency
1 tab for essences, divination cards, leaguestones, etc
1 tab for maps, fragments, lab keys, etc
that leaves just 1 tab for equipment that you want to store or put up for sale

it's possible, but will become very annoying when you reach endgame, where you really want to go for something like this guy says

>1,170.9 hrs on record
POE became a shit game. Don't even bother. Literally currency slot machine.

>not wanting to use 6 link for maximum efficiency and FUN

>1 tab for essences
Please dont pretend anything below tier 5 is even worth picking up.

thats why i said
>1 tab for essences, leaguestones, cards, etc.
meaning you use it for essences, and leaguestones, and divination cards, and probably something else as well

Marvel Heroes has much less storage space and you fill it up in few hours of gameplay.

probably. I bought a paid stash though.
>$20
>get 5 extra pages
>Still fill it with useless junk

I think $20 is a fair "price" for a game that you will get at least a hundred hours out of.

Sorry, I misunderstood.

>toxic
??????
It's a single player game

they're common as fuck. and even if they weren't, they're cheap as fuck too.

Dont you play as predined heroes in that though? like what kind of characte rbulding would you even have?

It is completely, but currency stashes will make your life so much easier. Play it if you're a poorfag, buy a currency tab on a sale weekend if you enjoy the game.

biggest issue is the lack of being able to do multiple builds on 1 character.
Otherwise it's fun

Just become a rich endgame farmer, then regrets are cheap winkwink

Well having to regret my face off, not being able to have a saved item/gem build, etc is just kind of rough.
I guess for most it's not an issue, but I just wish i could effortlessly go from Pyro Lich to Lightning Queen without either fucking my own face, or getting a new character going.

Just wait for Lost Ark. I predict a US release or at least open beta in 2018.

Yeah I dunno how to feel about the topic honestly, on the one hand the fun of the game is almost entirely in thinking up some wacky new build and giving it a whirl. But if you were free to just do all the wacky builds you wanted with little to no restrictions, it feels like you might get burnt out and either feel done with the game, or never commit to any build and actually take it anywhere.

I do have lots of shit I want to try that I always just backburner because I haven't killed Shaper yet though, so it kinda stings. Like I'll find a new unique and think 'oh boy this opens up X build for me' - like I felt that way pretty much immediately upon finding a Skirmish earlier, I have an excellent roll Facebreaker sitting in my box, and Skirmish would let me pretty easily roll an effective Warchief Totem build - but then I've got my well geared ED shitter or level 80 almost there Whispering Ice character to play.

Maybe if you got an exp boost on additional characters or some shit.
Idk, I wouldn't care if I didn't have to invest as many hours per character I suppose.

>He doesn't vendor essence

You fucked up

they're welfare alchemy when leveling, why would you toss em

I mean, there's power leveling and having twink gear sitting around at least. I can rush someone through the story of a difficulty in about 40 minutes, then they can use twink uniques and level up to the threshold for the next difficulty in about 45 - or there's Southbound power leveling if you wanna get real deep, I haven't tried that.

I kind of want to try seeing how fast I could get a character reasonably farming in Merc Dried Lake with a second party helping now, I've only done little bits of rushing type stuff here and there, it's never felt as utterly structured and rote as D2.

>Is this game worth playing without paid stashes? Be honest.
Sure, but only for a little while. Once you get to maps, you should probably get some stash tabs.

Yes and no.
You can play without stash but it's going to be really painful to keep everything you need once you start mapping.
The currency page really help, you don't need anything else

To be fair hardcore is fucking retarded in a game where you can die for reasons beyond personal fault (i.e. lag). That's why it works fine in roguelikes but not diablolikes.

I'm usually solo so i suppose that does slow me down.

Yeah I mean, knowing exactly what you're doing certainly speeds shit up, 6-7 hours is not an unreasonable time to reach merc dried lake, but that's still a hefty investment for a new character that you're just making for laughs.

Yeah thankfully most you can get an idea for prior to that point but some of the more passive tree intense builds you kind of have to get there.
Maybe this supposed huge update in a couple months will change things up.

I am genuinely curious how they're going to adjust the leveling curve to accommodate these new acts still placing us into maps as an end game.

Generally when you finish normal mode you're level 38-40, Cruel 57-ish, and Merciless 70, are they going to make the 40-70 area take less time in these new acts? We're getting 6 new acts, and if we assume they're the same length as the 4 we have now, that's 2 less acts overall, which would be like ending in Merc Act 2, around 62, well short of maps starting at 68.

If they speed up the experience curve to put you at 70 within 10 acts, it's possible that leveling alt characters could be a lot less painful from 3.0 on.

Also I hope to fuck they re-do or change the 4th Ascendancy in 3.0, I have all my global/trade channels disabled and it can be a pain to random into the 6 different trials needed.

Yeah I'm hoping exp/difficulties get tweaked for the better.
As for chat channels and the trials, who knows since the new acts will likely have their own group quests and such to boot.
Cross our fingers, hope lag goes home, and so on.

>If you're looking to play more religiously Grim Dawn.

What did he mean by this? Legit question. Is Grim Dawn good? Is it worth playing?

It's boring as fuck but it's a good game

I have as well, I just don't keep much of anything

i prefer to play my characters solo and their loot individual though, and I never trade cause i hate trading

Heck I'd play the game offline if it was at all possible

Dont listen to these shitters hc ssf lvl 85 raider and only running with default stashes, you dont want to hoard shit that is useless. Its all about the speed

>85
:^)

i'm enjoying the late game stuff in the game

was about to try this but ur telling me its PAY2WIN?

you can make a build centered about throwing shit at your enemies

I was actually thinking about making an aether based Tremor build.
How does it work? Forcewave/Tremor is mostly physical.

Here's my most recent char.

its seriously tedious and boring as shit.

the currency system seemed good at first but it's pretty cancer when you get to maps.

>diablo 2
>kill shit as much as you can, pick up high runes, top end uniques, extremely rare socketed ethereal shit

>path of exile
>SHIT I GOTTA PICKUP ALL THESE CHAOS ORBS, SCROLLS, OH A RARE TIME TO GET IT AND IDENTIFY THEN SELL FOR ALTS, OH A GEM, GOTTA PICK IT UP TO DO A RECIPE FOR GCP, OH MAN LOOK A GCP, HEY ITS AN ALCH ORB PICK IT UP, A SIX SOCKEt, GOTTA SELL IT FOR JEWELLERs, OH A PORTAL SCROLL, GOTA GET IT, HEY MORE ALTERATIONS PICKY PICKY

FUCK this piece of shit game.

Wraith and Widow devotions are really good for those builds
Fabric of Reality is also very important
Wrathstone is pretty important too for physical conversion
i also got spear of the heaver for the extra aether bonuses and the aoe spear damage on ranged enemies

You only need those PREMIUM tabs if you play the game ALOT and care about making tons of currency. As completely newbie you have no use for those since you don't know whats valuable and your build will be slow and shit. It's fun till you learn the game and most mechanics, then you realize there are only couple boring builds that clear 1000x better than the rest, theres no balance. Also the trading is really fucking garbage but if you just want to go casually kill some monsters and have a great time then go for it.

Sounds good, you look ridiculous though.

Maybe I'll make an Aether based Druid with Savagery next, I really want to use my Temporal Blade.

this thing is wonderful
just constant 15k damage dropping on niggas around me

>tfw two, maybe even three, Temporal Arcblades in my stash
I'm glad someone was able to make a build using it.

If you post your blade stats, I can check and see if I have anything with better rolls.

That would be nice, I'm on HC though.

i like making silly builds work
i already have a plan for this sword its going to be a max movespeed fart poison everywhere while shadow striking around

Ah yeah I cant help you. We always have this problem. ;_;

While thankful, I realized your Pyromancer build was useless for me because I'm an Elementalist and kind of wanted a different idea using more fire-based abilities.

I've got two or three of those as well. Always wondered what they could be used for. It seems 2H only has a handful of strong builds and goddamn they tear everything apart

You have 24 character slots by default. Your stash is shared between your characters, so you can easily make a shitton of mules to get extra free inventory space.

the whole reason i love this game so much is that everything is viable thanks to the devotion system
if you minmax in a super autistic manner you can make every weapon viable

how did they fuck the game up, played fist half of last league with next to no frame drops and when i came for this league i can barely get 30 fps if there are mobs on screen

>>Tab of skill gems
Siosa now sells all the skill gems in the game, excluding the drop-only ones.

The Pyro build was my favorite so far.

I really want to bring her into the expansion for those sweet Mythical Grim Fate because most of my damage is being held back by the Grim Fates being level 58 swords. A good alternative would be the Bloodlord Blade from Thalonis but farming them is a pain and I really need those +1 All Demo skills with the build I'm going for.

Feel free to add me on steam when you want to talk about the game.
steamcommunity.com/id/Krageesh/

Yeah I bet. I need to level my fledgling melee Cold build a few more levels so I can use some of the 58 legendary weapons. It would help her dps tremendously but she would still be a glass cannon.

I'd love to find some Warborn for my phys Cadence guy. He's insane, strongest build I've ever had. It was amusing leveling him because my first character years ago in the beta was a 2H Cadence but Cadence was fucking shit back then.

>plays 1k hours
>didn't even work for 1 hour

every time

>tfw muted for toucan posting

>Held a big ass lightning XXL zweihander while wearing a nightgown
Illusionist can't come soon enough.