ITT: Liken vidya to movies that compliment them

ITT: Liken vidya to movies that compliment them

Blood Diamond

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cfNW1ERej0A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What game would be like Blade Runner that isn't the actual game it had?

apocalypse now

E.Y.E. has a level designed after that large building from Blade Runner, as well as a gun that is very likely to have been designed after Deckard's gun.

deu sex

There is a bunch of similar P&Cs; Gemini Rue, Snatcher or Policenauts (Snatcher is pretty much the exact same setup). Also, Ubik. Not a very good game IIRC.

Kung Fu Hustle

LA Confidential

>inb4 weeaboos jumping in to suggest something else for shogun

Omikron

The store I bought LA Noire from literally gave me a free copy of LA Confidential when I picked it up. To this day I still haven't watched it.

dude watch it

it's an excellent film

>film

its barely a flick bro

MGS4

kek

Pretty obvious.

Also Kung Pow.

Segal movie?
youtube.com/watch?v=cfNW1ERej0A

xd

Surely that's Lord of War.

No idea what this would be.

So besides the obvious joke of Crazy Taxi, what suits Taxi Driver?

DragonHeart

Salammbo (book) is the piece of fiction closest to R:TW. It has everything: rebel mercenaries, Carthage, historical basis, military strategies and flaming pigs

Hotline Miami

Something like GTA3.

fuck yeah

This is the correct answer. They are both inspired by the novel Heart of Darkness. Spec Ops the line is also inspired by it.

>Spec Ops

Never played that, red pill me.

Great Scott. Do not eat the red pill. Ignorance is bliss.

Yes avoid the redpill because you will never go back and it will drive you into anxiety about the shitty state of the world. But anyway Spec Ops The Line is a fun game with an interesting story based on themes from Heart of Darkness. Sup Forums will say it's shit but they hate everything so ignore them and just play it. I promise you wont regret it.

ok neat I'll look out for it

How is Far Cry 2 nowadays? Are there any mods that fix its problems?

which problems are those?

I guess at least that bullshit with respawning enemies on checkpoints.

Checkpoints having fucking everyone respawning as soon as you look the other way, shit gunplay, nonsensical weapon "progression", really OP perks, utter shit weapon 3D models, etc.

Dylans Realism mod or something I forgot the name

Not a movie but
>Once, there was only dark. Ask me, the light's winning

fag

Actually, it's pronounced War Lord.

Thank you, but I prefer it my way.

Dylan's mod. But Far Cry 2 has aged badly, even with it, and it is one of my favorite games.

If Cage didn't run into money troubles and do ever film out there, that movie would have been considered a classic. Has the best opening for a film I have ever seen, imo.

But he deluded his movies, now no one can take his older ones seriously, for the most part.

might give it a go

opinions

where is apoc now game

Resident Evil 1-3 = Return of the Living Dead 1-3

Does Sup Forums really hate it? I played The Line and it's one of my favorite games. The story and character development are great, and the shooting is solid. Also read Heart of Darkness and it's a good book too.

A lot of people really didn't like being railroaded into the white phosphorous scene and the narrative surrounding that scene in particular

Do you mean complement?