Holy shit, Sup Forums, this game's controls are amazing. 10/10 game tbqh

Holy shit, Sup Forums, this game's controls are amazing. 10/10 game tbqh.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/s9-FU-1YoUU
youtube.com/watch?v=OGWuoC0LbrE
youtube.com/watch?v=s9-FU-1YoUU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Continue

Correct!

The soundtrack is also 10/10, absolute GOAT. Extremely important for the game's atmosphere.

Amon Tobin's music fucking sucks, except somehow here, he made a masterpiece and did some tracks as well for Conviction. Probably my favourite OST from any game ever. Dude needs to stop being an experimental artist and needs to be a game music composer.

Is this irony, shilling or genuine?

Play the game and see for yourself.
Story is bit overstretching, but every SC story is.
Othervise solid 10/10

This game is probably the closest a game has ever come to perfection.

Chaos Theory is genuinely and unironically one of the best games ever made.

who the hell plays Tom Clancy games for their plot

I'm genuinely curious 'cause i've heard a bunch of good shit about it but would like to see people elaborate on it more, i'm too lazy to grab a torrent until i get enough motivation

>Most NPC's have unique dialog when you grab them from behind and interrogate.
>Now have to sneak up behind every single NPC because autism.

It is THE stealth/action game.
And it has everything, great gameplay, good graphics (for that age at least), amazing voiceacting, almost everything. Each level gives you multiple choices how to complete it.
If you want challenge, play the north korea level, whitout killing or knocking out anyone, like a shadow.
It was so great, that after you reach a peak, you can only go down after that (double agent, conviction, blacklist)

Stealth games peaked at Chaos Theory and Thief 1/2.
Nothing will top them.

Thief>SC

It was actually good but I don't like stealth games personally.

The multiplayer was out of this world though.

"no"

"Yes"

Graphics aged incredibly well. The lighting looks great.

Listen to the soundtrack, cunt. This game is probably older than most retards who post about politics here. It be genuine, it's considered the best stealth game (barr from the generic story at least) ever.

I would give anything for Ubishit to make a new stealth simulator SC (not an action game with casual stealth) with Michael Ironside and Amon Tobin again.

The graphics are still great today, Sam is actually funny and witty, and whilst the story is Tom Clancy garbage, it is still a decent spy thriller.

Who would shill for a 12 years old game

Everything that is true. It improved upon 2 previous installments and became on of the best stealth games ever(with Thief being only real contented to be honest). It also had amazing multiplayer mode that to this date is almost unique.

>Arrgh! I knew you would come.
>My whole life... my whole life I have been waiting for you to come in the thunder and the darkness and finish what you began.
>I'm coming, father..... I'm coming, mother....

You're starting to freak me out.

youtu.be/s9-FU-1YoUU

>Leave him alive
>He comes back in a sequel
>"Hello my name is Inigo Montoyo, prepare to die"

Every facet of it was just superbly designed and damn near perfectly executed.

The level design was outstanding, they managed to intertwine gameplay, plot and character effortlessly and organically.

The gameplay itself was insanely polished, controls were super tight and refined giving you an insane amount of control over your movement....and the level of interaction with the environment was off the charts but without it ever being superfluous, everything was there for a reason. Every subsequent Spinter Cell was a huge step backward in controls, level design and interactivity as if they'd somehow lost or never played Chaos Theory.

The audio right across the board was brilliant, be it the dynamic soundtrack, eavesdropping on conversations, environmental audio....again, everything about it felt so carefully considered and visually it was ridiculously top notch for the time.

...and then there was the awesome co-op and versus multiplayer modes which were entirely new experiences and equally as polished games in their own right.

Chaos Theory really is the most accomplished game I think i've ever played and whilst no game will ever be "perfect", I think it's the closest a game has ever come.

So now when the dust has settled, what do we think of it?

I didn't mind that one level toward the end that was basically a shit Chaos Theory level.

It was better than Conviction but still shit when compared to CT

did CT get like no Sup Forums fanart back in it's hayday?

It's actually not that bad. Definitely better than Conviction. The first person segments are fucking retarded though.

I don't even mind Conviction too much either. It sucks that we can't get new stealth games on par with CT, but I kinda liked the "game adaptation of 24" thing it had going on and from that perspective it wasn't so bad.

If these games were released under another name people probably wouldn't have complained nearly as much. I think people complain more about losing the chance to get another game like CT rather than the games themselves. But everyone knows there's no chance Ubisoft ever produces anything that good again, and as far as neo-Ubisoft games go these ones aren't that bad.

Nothing amazing but a step in the right direction

>12 years ago

Most of Sup Forums was barely out of diapers.

>tfw Chaos Theory was the first stealth game you ever played
>everything downhill from there

Same. It was a game that made me excited for the future. If games were THAT fucking amazing then, how much better were they gonna get in the future?
Poor naive child.

>Amon Tobin's music fucking sucks

Maybe his new stuff does, but his old stuff was aces.

Supermodified is still one of my favorite albums.

youtube.com/watch?v=OGWuoC0LbrE

That has got to be a horrible feel.

>tfw Chaos Theory was merely the climax after almost a decade of amazing stealth games.

>Tenchu
>Thief
>MGS
>Thief 2
>Hitman
>Splinter Cell
>Hitman 2
>MGS 2
>Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
>MGS3
>Manhunt
>Chronicles of Riddick
>Hitman Contracts
>Chaos Theory

Also that list is probably wildly out of order.

This shit right here. CT definitely is the game I would consider close to perfect.

Better gameplay than Conviction, worse story and characters than Conviction.

1 step forward, 1 step back. Black guy was alright, Kobin was reduced to comedy relief and now Sam treats him like a good ol' buddy rival.

What do you anons think of Sam's daughter being the new protagonist if Michael Ironside doesn't come back?

Right in the god damn feels.

Hitman 2016 is good, but I never really considered Hitman a stealth series.

Almost done installing, controller or keyboard?

I'm not sure it's even possible to use a controller.

>he didnt enjoy one of the best multiplayer experiences ever.

I feel bad for people that missed out on og xbox multiplayer

I remember buying and playing SC, pt and CT on release date. Still have the original games. Such fantastic fucking work they did.

Happy to see people enjoying them 12 years later.

>What do you anons think of Sam's daughter being the new protagonist if Michael Ironside doesn't come back?

I honestly couldn't care less who the protagonist is as long as the game is good, but I seriously doubt anyone currently in the AAA games industry, let alone anyone at Ubisoft ....and in this current climate has any hope at all of writing a decent female lead.

If they were to hire a decent writer from outside the industry, someone who had zero involvement or even exposure to the all round cancerous shitfest the gaming industry has become...then maybe they'd have a chance, but AAA game development is such a design by committee affair these days it'd be almost impossible to preserve it.

>What do you anons think of Sam's daughter being the new protagonist if Michael Ironside doesn't come back?

That's stupid, why would some civilian girl suddenly become an elite operator? Not to mention Sam would never let her.

Nu-Sam is alright, just give him better dialogue.

Corporate shilling

Co-op conviction is a 10/10 fight me

It's better than the SP, that's for sure.

>"shilling" a 12 year old game
off yourself newcancer

I've been doing it for free, for over a decade.

shit

I guess that is true, political shit from either side would ruin the writing. I was hoping his daughter could be like Cate Archer from NOLF.

Speaking of Archers, do you remember Archer from Conviction's co-op mode? He has an economics degree and was an NSA intelligence analyst pencil pusher before Third Echelon decided to give him the job oppurtunity of being an elite operator. You can't make this shit up. They turned office man to TE spy man.

Nu-Sam is an absolute mistake because Ubishit couldn't have Ironside doing the vocals and nu-Sam's voice actor doing the motion capture. Giving him better dialogue won't fix him, no good foundation.

This game is from 2005...

It was shit but the multiplayer was actually alright.

I refused to play it when it came out because of Starforce, still haven't.

>like Cate Archer from NOLF

like you said, in those times people actually knew how to write a good female protag like cate. it's a sin that there is no nolf 3.

says the guy who probably just gunned down everyone in the old games

Nu-Sam is cancer. I literally pretended he was a different person. It's an insult to old sams memory. I heard Michael Ironsides is coming back for the next game

>u just played wrong

Good rebuttal. Hitman is about hiding in plain sight, sure, in my some combined 600 hours in the series I have done my fair share of gunning people down. The real deal though is killing someone and then walking out the front door with nobody the wiser that you killed anyone, or preferably that anyone died at all. No hiding in darkness, or sneaking around or avoidance of enemies.

>kids don't know bout my Starforce

Shit literally took years to crack, anyone ever experience first hand it's rumored ability to actually destroy dvd drives?

>we don't talk about Contract Jack

NOLF 1/2 were fucking god tier games though, it might be nostalgia, but I feel like there were a lot more lighthearted games back then.

It is if you use the Xinput wrapper. Works flawlessly actually.

>I heard Michael Ironsides is coming back for the next game

Pretty unlikely, he's nearly 70 and has already stated he's done.

Versus was broken as shit. It was as far from polished as anything could be. It was way better than PT versus, and I fucking loved it, but it was still incredibly broken.
I realise this post is an hour old and you're long gone by now but I still feel like I have to reply because that's how broken CT versus was.

Seriously fuck motion tracking.

>Broken as shit

Fuck no, granted it wasn't perfectly balanced for ultra competitive play, but with a few friends it was an absolute riot.

Yeah, because with friends you won't deliberately exploit all the broken shit. When you're playing with randoms and have to put up with people who abuse MT and EAX so stealth is nearly impossible that's kind of a problem. You have to resort to weird stuff like aggro spies, and that does work, but it's a bizarre way to play. You hear Splinter Cell and you think of sneaking, not two guys charging a guy with an assault rifle throwing gas grenades and flashbangs everywhere and then punching him back and forth until they can grab him and murder him.

The game already looks really good on max settings. But is there anyway to force higher settings? Or are there any graphics mods?

> two guys charging a guy with an assault rifle throwing gas grenades and flashbangs everywhere and then punching him back and forth until they can grab him and murder him

I had a hearty kek.

Control panel for your video card should allow you to force all sorts of shit, but some of it might fuck things up in older games, i'd just crank the FXAA anti aliasing and anistropic filtering and call it a day.

And then the merc fires a grenade which is meant to explode at a safe distance but instead turns out to be one of the broken ones that explodes as soon as it hits the ground instead of having a time delay like usual, so he ends up killing all three of them. And then everyone curses Ubi in the brief period that they're still allowed to talk before the respawn timer starts.
Man, I miss that game.

Ghosting this game is amazing. iirc you can even ghost the part with the bomb defusing with the commandos walking around actively looking for you and wearing night vision

Bump

>third person stealth

Faggot.

>That kid who seriously argued that MGS3 was the better steath game of the two
>Find out years later he had never actually played CT
Fuck you Jacob.

bank level was amazing

game fucked up my child self once it introduced drones though

>MGS
>stealth

Can't believe these retards still exist in 2017.

>The soundtrack is also 10/10
El Cargo is one of my favourite songs ever.

"Oh no! You're going to kill me, right?"

"Only if you say the word 'monkey' "

What a fucking game.

I liked Conviction and Blacklist. fite me IRL

>lamberthadahardlife.jpg

I liked them too. Chaos Theory >> Conviction (Story and Setting) > Blacklist (Nu-Sam pretending to be Commander Shepard).

conviction was real fun in co-op

I only played SvM in Blacklist. Worth it.