Post old games that are still approachable today...

Post old games that are still approachable today. Games that didn't age like milk but can still be enjoyed by someone who didn't play it back in its day.

Maybe Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah

Perfect game play can't get old

The visuals aged backwards thanks to the source code port, first game too.

All of them unless you're a dumb child. Games don't age.

Ocarina of Time is my first Zelda game ever and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's just so vibrant and polished.

>Games don't age.
This meme needs to die. Of course they age, much like any other work...

standards do

back then they had to work
now they need to be precise

its game play that ages not graphics

Games which realy mostly on gamplay do age in a sense that a game which does the exactly same but better comes out.
For example sport games, racing games, shoot 'em ups, flight sims and so on.
Now things which have unique content with story and characters or gameplay which nobody else has tried to copy, those will never every "age".

Age of Empires 2 is still very accessible, even by today's standards.

Not in a competitive sense, unless you're already well-acquainted with RTS games.

The most anti-comfy comfy game ever devised.

Well yeah, but that should be common sense. The actual mechanics themselves are easy enough to get to grips with.

Literally any SNES game

Twisted Metal 2 aged like hot shit, but it's still fun as hell to play and fairly easy to get into.

a game that aged badly isn't a bad game. If you can't get into a game that doesn't mean it's bad,

Arx Fatalis is a goddamn masterpiece and I'm sad that I didn't start playing it until long after I bought it on Steam.

Deus Ex

No.

Fuck half life, sequel when?

'game ages'=context changes

Pong
Space Invaders
Pac Man
Tetris

t. doesn't actually play old games

Still simply amazing, and still scarier than its often better known sequel.

pretty much everything in this pic