Hate to be that guy but which one?

Hate to be that guy but which one?
PCfag here who has gotten a bit bored and has money to spend

strawpoll.me/12603338

I've been waiting for a console choice to win me over but nothings really pushing me to an answer.
Everything seems so uncertain currently with what these companies are going to push for the years to come. God knows what MS are up to with Scorpio and if Sony/Nintendo will follow.

PS4 might be becoming the next PS2 and I like the look of Nioh, Gravity Rush, Yakuza etc but they might just start pushing AAA movie games and multiplats
Switch got BoTW and a new Mario game but they haven't really confirmed what the long term plan is with the Switch or if they have any plans to prevent it from suffering from the drought the Wii U had

Is the PS4 Pro going to be supported in the future? I doubt I'll get into 4K but I'd rather have my games run as best as possible if I did buy a PS4

Help me out here

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sony_Interactive_Entertainment_video_games
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sell your gaymen PC and simply get everything (except Xbox).
If you avoid Microsoft, you are good to go.

I just bought a ps quadruple a week ago. And I'm a jaded fuck who always adopts very late. Get one. Its library now offers plenty of great games and it has the brightest future out of all available consoles.

Ps4 for BB and Red Dead sequel later down the line, and maybe TLOU2, but I don't trust cuckman after he went full sjw

Switch for Zelda gaming anywhere

these would be my not-so compelling personal reasons to get either of them, but not both

xbone can die in a well, I just use its controller for various PC games when I'm on the couch

I'd get the switch (but honestly unless your PC is $2000+ OR you like jap games in which case you should get a ps4 I would just upgrade your PC instead

If you have a PC there's no point in a Xbone (this is coming fron someone who owns one

PS4 is just somewhat entering it's prime while the Switch only just released and doesn't have a lot and the hardware still has some problems, PS4 is cheaper as well.

So unless you REALLY love Zelda and Mario I recommend PS4

Whats the future looking like?
All that I've seen coming up is God Of Stepdads, That zombie openworld title and Spiderman.

Out of those I'd probably only be interested in Spiderman if they manage to make something to surpass Spiderman 2 which seems hard to do when they could do a fraction of the work and still rake in big bucks because of Marvel.

>just upgrade your PC
What a waste of money.

Switch will eventually have the most exclusives. PS4 has a good nippon market but that could shift some if the switch gains traction as a handheld. If your goal is to play games now then the ps4 is no contest though.

PS4 is the safest choice. Decent library and will continue getting games thanks to Japan.
Switch is a complete mystery, might be cool might be Wii U. Imo not worth getting until 2018 earliest. I have high hopes though as a person who loves handhelds.
Xbone is just kek. Nothing good on it, nothing good coming.

I'm in the same boat as you and just decided on getting a ps4 pro. switch just doesn't have the games to justify it.

also the price difference between 1tb slim and pro is just too small. you save less than 100 bucks and miss out on 60 fps in some games and possible 4k hdr in case you get a new TV in the coming years.

You can play XBOX games on Windows10, Sony announced that you can play PS games on the Computer as well and so i would take the switch. also you can use the switch where ever you want.

Get a Wii U, an SD card a HDD and hack it.
Buying a current gen console simply isn't worth the dosh.

The only PS4 game I'm interested in is Nioh and maybe the Crash remake, but fuck getting a console for 1 game.

PS4 offers most exclusives at this moment.
Switch is just for Zelda. Nothing else.
Xbox offers your halos and gears of war.

That's literally it. Plus memberships are the same shit. PS4 supports USB hard drives and movies and shit whatever, doesn't matter if you got a PC. Xbox does the same but has dash board ads and MicroSHIT behind it so buy at your own expense. Don't link your credit cards to PSN though.

Switch offers fuck all.

If I were in your shoes I'd go PS4 in a heartbeat the games seem way more interesting, I don't own one myself because I don't want to support the ps+ for online scam.

And you already know what you'll probably get on the switch, several mario games, another smash bros, another pokemon etc. If those games are an absolute must have for you, then go switch.

>if they have any plans to prevent it from suffering from the drought the Wii U had
lol this is Nintendo, of course not.

Do this OP

Reason I haven't upgraded my PC is because it's running everything OK on medium settings and the upcoming PC games aren't that power hungry.
I'm concerned with the crossover of games with the PS4 because Sony may just be happy with their games being multiplat now that MS is on the ropes but I also don't want to miss out on those unique console titles like Yakuza

Switch and PS4 will have good exclusives. Xbone won't. Research those 2 and go with what sounds more appealing.

Zelda will be playable within months on PC.

PS4 Pro is now what PC was a decade ago:
The most versatile gaming platform with the best sales and greatest variety.

>Announced for 2017
>Retail
Everybody's Golf 7
Gran Turismo Sport
Knack 2
MLB The Show 17
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Wipeout Omega Collection

>PlayStation Network
Drawn to Death
Locoroco Remastered
Parappa the Rapper Remastered
Patapon Remastered

>PlayStation VR
Farpoint
StarBlood Arena

>To Be Announced
>Retail
Days Gone
Death Stranding
Detroit: Become Human
Dreams
God of War
Spider-Man
The Last of Us Part II

>PlayStation Network
Matterfall
Wattam
Wild

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sony_Interactive_Entertainment_video_games

That's just SIE published games btw, it doesn't include 3rd party stuff like Persona 5, Ni No Kuni 2, Crash Bandicoot and Final Fantasy 7 remake

Even if the Xbone does get a good exclusive it will most likely be a Microsoft exclusive, which means it'll be available on windows 10.
If you have a decent pc, the xbone shouldn't even be taken into consideration.

It's more to do with their being a lack of exclusive games in general now. I'd only buy the ps4 if there are at least 5 exclusives you're interested in.

I know for me there are 0 (bloodborne would be one apart from the shit performance so I'm gonna wait for a PC prot (probably never ever), it gets emulated or it gets remastered on the ps5)

What about getting a Pro over a Slim then?
Is it worth it if I just want my games not to run like shit?
If I was going to do VR I'd probably do it on PC and only own monitors.

Currently leaning towards PS4 because I could CEMU Zelda in the future.
I'd be suckered back in if MH was announced but Sony might get an Armored Core exclusive.

If this really is the best this conosle generation has to offer I'm gonna stick with PC.

>people recommending a switch right now when it only has one worthwhile game which OP will be able to emulate soon

Enjoy Undertale :)

PS4 is basically a baby PC, at least the Switch is somewhat unique

Yeah, it's a baby Tablet

Is framerate a game breaker for you?
Seeing as 4k tvs are getting cheaper do you plan on getting one within the next year or two?
Do you have the money to spare?

If yes then probably go for Pro.

1 2 Switch and Bomberman are GODLY, cinematic shitter. Nintendo has redefined gaming once again.

The Pro is essentially the default model now, regular PS4 is a downgrade. Slim and Pro also have an upgraded WiFi.

>no wiiu or Wii or PS2 option
huh?
all three of the provided options are terrible at the moment

I'm only interested in the games.
Yes it looks neat but portability doesn't do much for me as I live in London and walk to work.

Since you're not a child but an adult with a job and therefore money, all the systems which have games of interest.

but where's the video games????

>linking a shitpost
huh

I have a PC user.
2 of those can be emulated and the third is on the way.

I also own a Wii and PS2 already.

>mfw $50,000 spare
>mfw refuse to support literal cancer so only have a mid range PC

This is the ultimate redpill

I have no use of the uniqueness of this orange-baby blue clunky ipad as it has no games to play. Maybe I'll get one in 2020 when it has 5 games I want.

Xbone is immediately disqualified because no games

Ps4 has some great exclusives with loads more coming
Switch has some promise but it seems like its going to be another Nintendo only machine

I would go with a ps4 now and a switch down the line if it actually gets games

>PS2 emulation
have fun not being able to play a bunch of games like ratchet & clank

emulation is never perfect, wiiu is still the best option

Yeah but I don't want to have two subscriptions to use my internet and suck two console dicks

>with loads more coming
red dead redemption 2 and... ?

Wii U has a worse library than Xbox One.

But that's also releasing on PC.

Spidey and Yakuza Kiwami,.

Tlou2, death stranding, dreams, spiderman, god of war, days gone, etc

Framerate is
I've got money but no desire to go 4k

I think if you want something different you have to go with the Switch.

The Xbox/PS4 are essentially just watered down PC's, and in my opinion the PS4 exclusives people like to rave about are overhyped.

Good luck with your choice.

Not him, but there aren't any coming which the average person actually cares about.

>wiiu is still the best option

I'm not inclined to browse my pc for that one image that accurately depicts my complete contempt for your opinion, but have a (you)

bayo 2
wonderful 101
donkey dong
mario maker (don't give me that 3DS shit that port is a fucking demo)
3D World
Kart, if you're into the series
Smash, if you're into the series
Nintendoland, if you have friends
BOTW
Pikmin
Monhun
Pushmo

What are these "average person games"? Shooters and Fifa?

>n-nobody cares about those games
Lel

>The average person doesn't care about TLOU2, God of War, Spiderman, Gran Turismo and Death Stranding

Maybe you should rephrase that to “I don't care...”

Nobody actually cares about those games. The only PS4 exclusive to sell like a decent third party title was U4, and they had to give it away for free in the cheapest holiday bundle to make it happen.

>n-nobody cares about those games

They don''t though? There's no actual mainstream ones coming out.

>Tlou2, death stranding
I thought we were talking about games
>spiderman
has there been a single good spiderman game?
>god of war
will it be different in any way from old god of wars? Which weren't even that good
>days gone
open world action-adventure survival horror
Little hope, but might be fun if it's done well
Sadly, none of the ones that have been made were good.
>dreams
what the fuck am I looking at?
I had a quick glance at a gameplay video and the majority was some kind of 3d modeling thing

>monhun when 4U exists

Maybe you should google "ps4 best sellers" and see for yourself.

anyone who votes for ps4 is cancer.

It's pretty hard for those games to sell when they aren't out famalam

yeah because the other alternatives are so much better

Do you think it's going to be any different to every other year? I'm literally just stating the facts.

>p-ps4 games don't sell!!1
Horizon outsold botw at launch

>God of Normies
>marvel
>Last of us
>not mainstream

Even without 4k, go for Pro.
I doubt the performance on standard ps4 is going to improve with newer games. In fact, it'll probably dip.

Is your list of opinions supposed to mean anything?

I get that you don't like ps4 user but you're just talking nonsense

Last of Us will fail gloriously when they put their identity politics in, and they have confirmed they will

I hope Joel gets killed by some Trump loving alt right nerd that rapes Elie and then her new sidekick is a black male and she falls in love with a Chink woman

The Switch is sold out you retard, you are absolutely delusional if you think Zelda won't outsell Horizon eventually.

Fucking Yoshi's Woolly World was made on whatever change Iwata had in his pocket and it sold half of what Horizon did.

Look at the best sellers then. It's essentially all multiplats.

Even if you ignore the multiplats, ports of old PC games like minecraft or ark beat out the ps4 exclusives.

Well no shit, sonyshill. Horizon was well know due to shilling, Zelda was a surprising release and not normie friendly.

They are. I'm selling mine.

Zelda is the fucking POSTER FRANCHISE of nerd cred and gamer girls. Don't pretend it's some niche franchise

Fucking hell. PSN still has issues with people getting their card info stolen?

PS4 Slim

Anyone telling you otherwise is a fanboy or a shill and should be disregarded.

No point in getting a Pro as you can already run all the multiplats and VR on your rig much better.

And Switch JUST came out, is overpriced, and has no games. Anyone buying it now is bound to get shafted when Nintendo does the inevitable price drop in a year's time.

You wanna play Zelda?
Play it on CemU
You wanna play Mario Kart?
Play it on CemU
You wanna play Splatoon?
CemU
Smash?
CemU
Fast Racing?
CemU

Plus you have the benefit of mods on emulators.

That leaves Switchfags with ARMS which looks like shit, and Mario, which they'll be waiting all year for and also doesn't look great.

Moreover, after the WiiU, I don't have much faith in Nintendo to continue to support the Switch should it fail to perform how they expect (which will likely be the case).

So unless portability is a selling point for you (in which case, get a laptop), it becomes a battle of exclusives.

Switch has the two I mentioned. PS4 on the other hand:
Bloodborne
Nioh
Gravity Rush 2
FFXV
FFVIIR
Uncharted 4
Blazblue Central Fiction
Odin Sphere
and others, I forget. But if you don't have a PS3 or a Vita, the library multiplies.

Finally there's the price factor.

Slims go for $250, used Vanillas for as little as $170. Switch goes for $300 with no game, plus all the mandatory accesories which will bump your price to over $500.

Choice is simple.

That said, I'm not surprised at all the Nintendo autists spamming the strawpoll to try and get a sucker to buy their garbage toy. Be very wary of strawpolls here OP. This is NintendoGAF.

Common sense dictates never to early adopt new hardware. Wait a couple years to see how Switch performs, then make a call. I said the same thing about PS4 three years ago. Buy one now, and you're guaranteed to get screwed.

>loads of great exclusives are coming
>oh yeah which?
>here's a pile of shit
>but that's a pile of shit
>is someone supposed to care about your opinions I get you don't like ps4 but you're just talking nonsense

man I can't wait to play multiplayer on cemu
oh wait

>They are.
lolno

>I'm selling mine.
literally exhanging one excrement for the other

dumb faggot

What if PS4 has no games I'm interested in.

So you wouldn't be convinced to get a Pro just for future titles not to run like shit?

It's almost twice the price but I'd rather do that than suffer from 15-20 fps

its hard to get a ps4 when you have a capable pc, im in the same boat as op but i already got a switch coz wanted zelda.
i really want to get a ps4 pro but two of the games i want there might be coming to pc, ff xv and rd 2.
imo you should get either one now and adopt one down the line, cant go wrong with a sony or nintendo machine really even if you only play 1-2 games on the console.

Or just buy a PC for that price and enjoy 60+ fps at all times.

>lists a bunch of upcoming exclusives
>t-those games are bad because I say so

I'm the OP senpai I do I just want to make sure the games which I can't play on PC run well

Let's look at the facts then
>TLOU 2
Whatever Naughty Dog makes fucking prints money. The first sold over 10m units and they're coming off Uncharted 4 which is on 9m in less than a year
>God of War
More interest in the franchise now than ever. Not saying 16m views on YT is going to translate to sales but it does show that people are interested
>Spiderman
Come on... Capeshit is at an all time high in popularity, it's a no brainer.
>Gran Turismo
Prints more money than Naughty Dog does it's Sony‘s biggest money maker
>Death Stranding
Depends on whether or not Kojima is burning money on C- list actors

>its hard to get a ps4 when you have a capable pc
Not at all.
PS4 is cheaper than a GPU upgrde.

OP has a pc.
If you're a pcfag and buying a console, you're only buying it for the exclusives.
And might as well pay the 50 extra bucks to have improved performance for those games on your console. Personally I think it's worth it.

yes but if his pc is good enough to run modern games on medium or high then the pc4's library isnt that appealing.

>Switch is in the lead.
I get the sonybro thing, but the Switch has, at best, two games out for it.

"TWO MORE THAN PS4 XD" shitposting aside, that just seems like a really bizarre choice.

But that's Nintendogaf for you.

None, save your money for something more worthwhile. Like gas or groceries or something.

>pc4's library isnt that appealing.
>PC4
That Freudian slip was a good one.
PS4's library is god-tier.

It isn't really
It's just that the PS4 is split on version and the thread seems heavily on the side of PS4.

I'm not seeing many reasons to get the Switch posted in the thread and if they are its only a short response dismissing Sony rather than discussing Switch's future.

>GREAT exclusives

I own all 3, currently if you can only have one you should get the PS4. The Switch is great though and getting a lot of great games. Xbone is worthless due to play anywhere.

Probably should get a PS4 Pro at this point even if you're only at 1080p due to boost mode and other game enhancements.

Only if you like weebshit and cinematic hollywood shit.

Save your money.