So I think it's pretty safe to say we'll get an E3 announcement right?

So I think it's pretty safe to say we'll get an E3 announcement right?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/dark-souls-series/no-plan-for-more-dark-souls-or-bloodborne-says-miyazaki-as-from-software-get-to-work-on-new-ip
eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-01-dark-souls-series-sales-surpass-8-5-million
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No. They want to move on from that style of game.

>No. They want to move on from that style of game.

Miyazaki only said he wants to move on from Dark Souls, he confirmed that one of the game they've got in the pipeline "isn't surprising."

They're not gonna stop making soulslikes, Medieval fantasies however are over for them.

maybe

but i have to say, that fanmade title looks pretty godly

BB doesn't need a sequel, and it shouldn't get one, and it would be nearly impossible for a game to live up to it.
I'd much rather a remaster down the road at 60 locked, rebalance, and gameplay adjustments with potentially some new content.

He pretty much straight up confirmed one of the three games they're working on is a dark fantasy Souls game didn't he? But with a "twist".

Maybe it's a multiplatform spiritual successor to Bloodborne, though I would imagine Sony would want him to make BB2.

>tfw don't want a sequel but will preorder it anyway if it gets announced

pcgamesn.com/dark-souls-series/no-plan-for-more-dark-souls-or-bloodborne-says-miyazaki-as-from-software-get-to-work-on-new-ip

A sequel will probably appear at some stage even if From don't have anything to do with it and it's all Japan Studio.

It's looking more and more likely that From are working with Sony in some capacity again, tho.

>They shouldn't make a sequel because the original is too amazing.
>But they should go back and fuck with the original and add new stuff.

What?

I doubt it, but I'm hoping their new ip will be another "soulslike" arpg but with a futuristic setting desu
I mean with exo body armors, laserswords and mecha enemies or something like that

do you realize how many games are in from softwares portfolio?

its probably armored core, it could literally be one of like 15 established properties of theirs, they have explicitly stated no more souls style games for awhile too, so fuck outa here your false hype

They'd fuck it up. BB's gameplay is pretty much perfect, a sequel would just lead to From adding/removing shit until it's a shell of its former self.

Which is a shame, it would only really need more/new weapons and levels.

Bloodborne is my 2nd favorite game ever made but FUCK I don't ever want a sequel, it's setting was perfectly explored.

I don't think they would do that.

it's probably king's field since the original moonlight sword is referenced in the ringed city

I want lost kingdoms 3

>mfw it's the VR game they're working on

I hope they add an action mode like nioh

Arnt they working on three new titles at the moment?

> a reboot of an old FromSoft franchise (almost certainly Armoured Core)
> something weird and different for from soft
> a dark fantasy RPG that people expect from them

the third one sounds like another souls-type game. And if rumour is to be believed they still have 2 more games to make in a contract with Sony collaborating with Japan studio.

My hopes are for basically another Bloodborne, souls formula in a new setting and story with a few twists on the gameplay to make it interesting. Pirate Souls or Wild West Souls are my personal hopes, if they can but "borne" in the name somewhere it will make it a unofficial franchise. and Soulsborne will actually be an acceptable term to use.

What I don't want is BB2, that universe is pretty much done. There's stuff painfully unexplored, and I wish the base game had been bigger or we got another DLC. But there's no room for a sequel.

THIS

God no.

Please fucking no. Bloodborne is LITERALLY perfect on its own. It doesn't need to be expanded in any way. It stands on its own so completely and perfectly that any kind of further edition will only stand to take away from it.

Can they fucking stop with the Souls clones?

People use to joke about DaS becoming a yearly COD thing & it literally is

Maybe a DeS remaster for PS4, but that's about it, give us something else

>yfw it's a mecha souls like game

people saying they should move on from soulslike are underagefags or what?
nothing they made in their whole history has been as successfull as this type of game, no way they gonna abandon this shit entirely and move on to a 100 times more niche project or put all thei eggs in to a totaly new and experimental project for a new ip.

There's no way to continue Bloodborne. The story is over. It was a single magnum opus, much like Demon's Souls.

Too bad it sold like shit though.

2 million copies sold is alright.

For FROM though, just for comparison, Dark Souls 1 sold 2.5m on PC alone. I think it was ~9m total if you include consoles.

Well from this website eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-01-dark-souls-series-sales-surpass-8-5-million

>Dark Souls has sold 2,828,000 units worldwide
>Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition ("with Artorias of the Abyss") has sold 2,765,000 units worldwide
>Dark Souls 2 has sold 2,311,000 units worldwide
>Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin has sold 600,000 units worldwide
>That's a total of 8,504,000 sold
Sounds par since Bloodborne is a PS4 exclusive.

Yea but 2 million units on a console exclusive to a console that just came out is pretty remarkable

I think 2.5mil is pretty good for an exclusive. Let's not forget Dark Souls is almost six years old while Bloodborne is two.

>eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-01-dark-souls-series-sales-surpass-8-5-million
That article is a couple years old at this point and those numbers are actually exceeded by PC alone right now. PS3/4 sales are certainly much higher as well. You can say 2m is alright but it certainly doesn't stack up to potential.

I'd really like them to rev up an Armored Core game. I think they could really nail it this time with the experience they've gained and really give the mecha genre a flagship game.

There is always room for improvement.

This is bullshit. BB shouldn't get a sequel, but not because the game is literally perfect or the story is complete. There's so much more they could do with it storywise and stagewise.

But they shouldn't, because From is shit.

>rebalance
>gameplay adjustments

Fuck right off

>yfw you're underaged and never heard of Armored Core

They need to stop with the Soulsborne casualized combat shit and either make a good CUHRAYZEE game that has more than high damage 2 button BamHam combat or something completely new.

this sword is not even referenced but is in all SoulsBorne games

it clearly states that it's a different sword to the sword made from seath's scales, which was the moonlight sword present in all the soul's games. Also the design of the miracle is the same as the design of the original moonlight sword from king's field

Could just be a homage like the King's Field island in Bloodborne.

I wouldn't mind a sequel. It's not like it'd detract from the original game. DS2 didn't ruin the original for me.

could you elaborate on that my man?

I can't find any images, but it's in the lake you can see muitiple times.

According to the wiki:

"In the area where you first meet the gargoyle, if you take the raised path to the right and look over the parapet to the landscape beyond there is a lake. In the lake there is an island formation that is a scale model of the island from "Kingsfield", From Software's first game."

>It's not like it'd detract from the original game. DS2 didn't ruin the original for me.
This kind of thought is impossible for like 95% of population.

how the fuck does ds2 make ds1 a worse game?

I was agreeing with him. Just sayin' that most people see remakes / sequels, etc as an attack to the quality of the original work, when the original work has suffered no changes with this new work.

Their next game is NOT an exclusive and it supports VR. Screencap this post. It is Armored Core with first person view mode from inside the giant robots.

They will judge Bloodborne as a series if a second game comes out.

The 2 million is the old number for Bloodborne. It's probably closer to 3 million now.

I don't want a Bloodborne 2. I feel like it'd end up being like Dark Souls 2.

>inb4 It was good tho!

I never said it was bad, but to me it was the one I wouldn't miss if it was gone.

PC only master race gamer here. It doesn't matter if they make another Bloodborne, as long as it is on the ShitStation 4, I won't buy them.

Sony needs to make the PlayStation 5 already that can provide the following:

Bloodborne: The Old Hunter Edition REMASTERED for the PS5.
1080p 60fps ULTRA HD MAX SETTINGS - no frame pacing issues - no chromatic abberation - option to disable motion blur and depth of field - reduced loading times to 5-10 sec (my SSD loads DaS3 in 3-4 sec).

THEN and ONLY THEN, will I purchase a Sony product.

As long as ShitStation 4 is their main device, I won't purchase their games, the ShitStation 4 lacks the power to interest a real gamer like me.

At the moment only the GAMING BEAST known as the PC has the power to dominate games.

Miyazaki already confirmed AC separately from the "not surprising" game, so it's most likely going to be BB2; which Miyazaki considers different from DaS.

I want Miyazaki to properly finish or add cut content to Demon's Souls in HD and then he can forever move on from the souls style games if you ask me.

I'm saving this new pasta.

I like it.

If a new one is made Miyazaki sure as hell wouldn't be working on it.

nice blog faggot

He is working on AC, a jrpg and something "wierd" I don't see a hint that any of the latter games are bloodborne

I hope it's a proper JRPG.