youtube.com/watch?v=hKYVAiwyEkc
youtube.com/watch?v=bgYqv3UEnGc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

too bad they made shitty sequels like the ps2 one

I love my wife Sierra.

The music in this is so goddamn good
youtube.com/watch?v=9eF0bKqq-ec

Me too, user, me too.

The earlier games were also good, at least.

I still play Secret and Legend of Mana once a year with my brother, we live apart and only see each other a few times a year and when he comes to my place we ALWAYS play them.

Seriously, two of the best games I've ever played. Legend of Mana is so fucking comfy too.

unironically one of the best games on the playstation. easily put in over 200 hours completing every mission and seeing all the different endings (not game end, story end. the jumi, dragons and humans). nearly every character felt unique and they all had their own arcs as people, evolving through your actions in game.

close, you are at least in the right chapter:
youtube.com/watch?v=hKYVAiwyEkc

Hell user all of them are great. The main themes piano makes me almost tear up from all the goddamn nostalgia I have for this shit.

I tried playing this and got bored
I've been meaning to get back to it

Blacksmithing was such a pain in the ass to make an overpowered weapon. Such a convoluted mess.

Hey fag fuck you I liked playing around with the blacksmithing. One of my eternal complaints with it though is that for all its depth you cannot ever change how a weapon looks, it will always look like the first 2h sword you got in the game.

Luckily it's completely superfluous.
You can easily beat the game with just enemy drops.
I always ended up using spears because you can get a really strong spear from Sahagins pretty early in the game.

It's pretty good.

I love my Pearl

>Such a convoluted mess.
Still baffles people to this very day. No guide is 100% sure how it exactly works.

Playing around with it is fun. Getting the ultimate game breaking weapon is tedious.

Larc and Sierra are the best story segments.

>not just fucking around until you have a 200+ power 2h or a flail that had at least 3 elements imbued

yeah, it was super dumb, but it was fun messing around. back in the days when gamefaqs was a luxury (at least for me, without the internet), i had to just go for it and figure the shit out myself

Pearl a shit, post Black Pearl

I beat this game a decade ago, I wanna replay it now.
I remember that there are a lot of missable quests I think. Should I use a guide or just play it normally?

Based on
There's only 5 missable quests, 4 that can lock out and 1 that's in a chain from one that locks out.

I will add however that you can also miss out on the Demihuman pets, and miss having the highest tier of metal available in shops, by not setting up your map correctly.

Thanks

I loved the music, visuals, and story of this game. Gameplay sucked, but everything else drew me in so I was fine with it.

>What's the Password?
>What?
>CAP'N! OUR COMRADES HAVE ARRIVED!

>gameplay sucked
woa der boi

What exactly did you not like about it? The fact you're given over a half dozen weapons, the fact that you can learn over 150 skills from those weapons, or the fact that you had nearly a dozen movement options?

Legend of Mana is utter shit.

I remember back in the day my mother bought it for me and I actually felt bad after trying it because I knew she had wasted her money on it. It didn't even have a story really so it was no good to me. It was nothing like secret of mana, which is a game I enjoyed. I still get annoyed thinking about this piece of shit game

There wasn't really much difference between weapons, and while being able to choose if you have a back flip, front flip, or roll, etc as a dodge is cool, I rarely ever felt compelled to use it.

Dunno man, felt like all breadth no depth to me.

>Gameplay sucked
Nope.

>he seriously doesn't know about damage types, and how enemies can have resistances and weaknesses to attacks like blunt or piercing

Granted, that doesn't really matter until at least end game/ ex game where enemies become much harder, but it's still strategy that needs to be used.

youtube.com/watch?v=bgYqv3UEnGc

I love this game too. So many feels.
Don't like other mana games though, they're pretty boring

This isn't quite the whole story. A number of quests would only trigger under certain conditions, such as placing a specific land in a certain place or changing the elements of a specific land to a certain value, and so you could easily end up with a number of quests unobtainable just by how you set out everything.

I also ended up getting stuck and completely unable to progress. I forgot what exactly the combination was, but I triggered two quests around the same time, one where the merchant was drinking and one which involved the two flunkies in the same area. However, to complete the one required having no other active quests (according to looking it up much later) while I couldn't progress the second to complete it because the first trumped anything happening in the area.

Still, it was enjoyable as fuck to just run around and play the game.

>There wasn't really much difference between weapons
Each weapon had its own timing, combo length, and range. So there was a bit of difference. It's true that you could probably just hammer the button and still do damage, but if you really wanted to smack the enemy around, you needed to know what you were doing.

Special weapon attacks were important as well, especially if you were looking to buff something like magic spells.

>while being able to choose if you have a back flip, front flip, or roll, etc as a dodge is cool, I rarely ever felt compelled to use it
Slide was amazing at keeping enemies off-balance. Spin, as well. There were some important differences between Evade, the flips and rolls, especially if you used them to try to avoid damage. You'd likely just settle for a set two preferred attacks because most were pretty basic (Slide for silly combo ability, Evade for avoiding, in my case) but, like above, they were exceptionally handy for dominating a fight and avoiding getting killed.