Would love to hear Nintendo apologists defend this design choice

Would love to hear Nintendo apologists defend this design choice

I don't understand. Doesn't Vita have the same shit? I'm used to it, I don't care.

Reattaching controllers is retarded anyway, the screen is way too small for that.

It's okay because Sony does things that are bad too!!

Because the dock connects from the bottom. I can't imagine they had a lot of options.

I agree it's inconvenient and stupid, but it's also a pretty niche problem that at least I personally havent had to experience yet

Its like that so that it forces you to take a break. During this break you can recover and explore other avenues that life offers.

Vita, PSP, Iphone, and Ipad have the exact same placement.

Where do you want it?

Two charge ports. One on top one on bottom. BOOM. Wheres my million dollar payout?

>Vita, PSP, Iphone, and Ipad
are you high?

It's only a problem if you're using tabletop mode, it's not that bad in handheld mode.

>implying anyone uses the stand

>gaming console is designed to make you play less
Nintendo really is innovative...

That costs extra resources and money. It doesn't seem like a lot but an extra charging port on every single switch would add up rediculously fast.

The only solution I can personally think would have worked was too have the kickstand itself work around the problem

Switches are one of the most costly electrical components.

>I'm used to it
Wow; this is sad.

That's a shitty design and a waste of money. Thankfully, you're just some retarded neet on Sup Forums so we don't have to have your shitty incompetence ruining products even further.

They all have it on the bottom of their screens.

> I dont use that feature anyway
answer to every flaw in the switch by nintentodlers

>Implying anything is stopping you playing while holding it like a normal fucking handheld while it charges

And none of them are designed to be able to stand on a table.
Not to mention that the current line up of iPads has them on the top.

Can't. It really is stupid.

>not having FOUR charge ports for every side
you are smalltime

>Wii was motion control, surprise hit among the young, old, and retarded
>Wii U with gamepad - bombed
>Switch with "portability" - will bomb
What will be the next gimmick Nintendo does?

Problem: you can't charge it on kickstand mode

Solution: Switch to a different model

Wew. So hard. I'm really grasping at ways to defend Nintendo here.

The literally merely need Pokémon on it and it won't bomb.

does any one play in table top mode?
legit question coz i tried that shit and that screen can not be enjoyed from a distance.

Just buy this.

>calling out retardness is defending Nintendo
Last Nintendo console I bought was the first model DS.

Manufacturing the switch costs like 80 bucks tops. Another port would have raised the price by 1-2 dollars. Nintendo doesn't care about solid Hardware. They had to rush the switch because you fuckers weren't buying into wiiu tablet gaming you baka gaijins.

What is stopping them from building a regular console? Are they afraid that it will bomb too?

I was at a gamestop last night and saw someone playing behind the counter using the stand

Would it have really been a big deal having the charging port on the top? Don't see how putting it in upside down on the dock would hurt it.

Why don't you just plug the red into the left side, the blue into the right side, and flip it over?

>Raised the price by 1 or 2 dollars

What's 2 dollars times one million?

Like I said, it adds up

No. Nobody does. But rabbid anti Nintendo fanboys found out it can't be charged in this mode so now it's the biggest design flaw ever ever and the system is literally a failure

I've tried using it from literally two foots of distance and I've still had problems seeing the fuck was going on on the screen. It may work for simpler games like Mario Kart but even the the slightest inch of HUD will ruin it.

Doesn't mean nintendo should copy the same shitty design

Hey guys, just so you know,
>I don't use that feature therefore its not a problem
Is not a valid argument.

Gee, I wonder why.

Umm, if the charging port was on top you'd have to put it into the dock upside down and then you'd be bitching about how retarded that is.

Sup Forums is basically Nintendo's autistic army.

I bet it costs as much as the charge dock. I though only apple invents a problem to fix it.

I saw someone doing it yesterday at my university campus
Last week I saw someone playing in table top mode at gamestop
So yes, people do use it.

I will literally never use this method of playing.

Just hold it like a normal handheld you retards.

It's ok when Nintendo does it.

Buy a pro controller.

What are you faggots complaining about this time? I don't see anything wrong with that picture.

two ports. or pogo pins on the bottom and a port on top. it's not fucking hard.
>BUT MORE PORTS COST MONEY
the wii u gamepad has a port that was never fucking used. the 3ds has pins just for the charging cradle thing. the wii u has fucking pins for a cradle too. it's so fucking simple. pins on the bottom, USB on top.

Out of those three, Switch has the best gimmick by far.

You can use Switch as a regular console if you want to.

>you'd have to put it into the dock upside down and then you'd be bitching about how retarded that is.
That's not retarded though, you don't need to look at the tablet while its docked so what does it matter?

I hate nintendo and refuse to support them after the giant fuck you that was the wii but that isnt that bad

i guess they cant charge and play table top mode, you know, coz we all have busy life styles that demand we use our handheld consoles for more than 3 hours outside.

Ok then.

>Play for 3 hours in table top mode
>Ooh! Batteries low!
>Switch to holding it and charging or/docking it and charging
>Ooh! Batteries full!
>Switch back to table mode

So difficult. Fucking Nintendo.

It literally just sits there in the dock who fucking cares what the orientation would be.

You can't charge the console while playing tabletop mode, and the battery only lasts for a few hours.

Should hired me on the industrial design team then, because you can solve both the charger placement issue and the Joy Cons sliding in from the top instead of the bottom issue by laying the dock flat and sliding the switch top first into it horizontally, instead of the current bottom first into it vertically.

Two other regular consoles, one of which bombed and the other of which is already dominating the market.

>features get advertised
>can't use them
b-b-b-but they're the good guys

>Don't use an advertised feature of the console because its poorly designed
You are beyond fucking retarded

Yes you literally can never use table mode ever.

Are you retarded?

Because design matters. You know that final bit of each Switch commercial where it's placed in the dock and the image switches to the TV in the background? Imagine that with the girl first turning the Switch upside down.

You can't charge in kickstand mode fag

>play mariokart multiplayer
>oh batteries died
>play alone without friends for a while
;_;

The vita doesn't have a stand to flip up on the back of it though.
I understand why it's done there, for the dock, but it then makes no sense to have the flap on the back to stand it up while playing it

The vita is a traditional handheld tho

What stopping anyone from using it?

You can use it while it has battery. Then you charge it and can use it again.

>its okay to sacrifice usability in order to make a snazzy commercial
Nintendo fags, everyone.

I think it's funny you typed out your response, realized the problem really isn't that bad, and were forced to tack on
>a-and the battery is shit too!

Pop it in the dock and continue playing?

The Switch is advertised as being a console where you can just take the tablet and play local multiplayer with your friends on the small screen.
Obviously the position of the charging port hampers that feature.

Oh no you can't charge in a mode nobody uses nintendards BTFO!!!

think, user, think. if you were at home, where your dock is, would you be using the tiny tabletop splitscreen instead of using your tv?

That would look retarded with marketing, and would lead to people not being able to do it.

This will only bother autasmo's on the internet.

You're not at home retard

I'll take functionality over form anyday but i guess form > function applies when you market to children and normies

But you can still use it as long as it has battery

Let's be real though >sitting cramped around a 6 inch screen with friends for more than 3 hours

Lol no thanks. Maybe like 30 minutes.

It was a cash grab, no doubt.

But what they want you to buy is a retardedly cheap piece of plastic that you can easily substitute with lego or anything else laying around, and it's also something you'd never have to do with regular home use or even regular portable play. If you're using it portable, use it as a handheld. If you're home, use it on the TV.
There are circumstances where using it as a mini TV would be valuable, like playing multiplayer with a friend on a train or in a trailer on a camping trip...? It's actually hard to envision these circumstances actually. But again, that's when you can slap something together in 10 minutes to do the job of holding it if you really need to play it in this odd mode.

Of course nobody uses the feature, because you can't charge in the mode. Are you retarded?

Yes I am, I'm sure of it.

Who the fuck is playing this in tabletop for more than 3 hours straight? The only reason to use the stand is to play with friends.

Give me some situations where you're playing with friends for 3 hours straight and no access to a TV? And that you were unaware of and couldn't bring the dock?

Because the heat exhaust is on the top? If you put the exhaust on the bottom, it would get covered in tabletop mode. If it stays on the top and you dock it upside down, it gets blocked in docked mode.

The dock is literally just a piece of plastic with a tiny board in it though, they could've easily just made a box with a wire you connect it too instead of pretending the dock actually did anything

Think user, if you aren't at home why the fuck do you have a charger

No i think your the retarded one your defending an advertised feature that is unusable due to poor design.

I don't really pay attention to you drama queens and your incessant bitching, and Ik not planning on getting a Switch until it has more games I want, but does the TV dock not have the ability to power the system?
If not, that's a pretty dumb oversight. That said, I'm sure Nintendo and/or third parties will put out something for it if they haven't already.

charging and battery life aren't unrelated you mong

So you are saying they should have dropped the dock for the ability to charge with the kickstand?

So no USB ports, no option to use a wired internet connection, no convinience of sliding it in and out of the dock instead of having to plug two separate wires into it, just so you can charge with the kickstand out?

Of course it charges it. Sup Forums is just bitching about nothing because you can't charge it in tabletop. Because EVERYONE uses that mode for 3 hours straight.

No are you stupid?

Every phone has the charging thing at the bottom.

The nintendo switch has an unfair hate here. Instead of applauding it for an extra functionality with the stand (most tablet and phone won't even include a stand).

They look past that and find a "design" flaw.

Or you can buy a kid Icarus 3DS stand on eBay for like $5 lol

>being designed to be played on the table means it's the only way you can play

You're somehow more retarded than most anti Nintendo shills

Oh.
Well that's fucking inconsequential, I thought it was what I posted.

I carry my Switch, phone and 3DS chargers with me all the time. They're not that heavy and the batteries dry up faster than your mother's pussy.

>take off controllers
>turn upside down
>reattach controllers
gee that was hard. faggot

It just gives me more reason to buy awesome addons like a stand. You poor or something?

It is an easy choice to defend. Most people are either going to play in console mode, or in handheld mode. Tabletop mode is the most tertiary, it is the one around which design choices are least likely to accommodate. Besides, the reason for portability is so you can actually take this thing with you. Tethering it to an electrical source negates the portability.

Furthermore, the heat vent is on the top of the system, which makes the most sense, considering heat rises, and relying on that in conjunction with a very small fan is a lot more efficient than relying on a giant, battery draining fan to cool the system. With that in mind, the charging port can't be on the top, or the unit would have to flip when docked, obscuring the heat vent. Okay, so put the vent on the bottom, right? No, because then THAT is blocked when in tabletop mode.

For the primary uses of the system, the charge port is arguably in the best place.

or they could've made a dock that plugs in backwards sideways lawl

it was clearly a design oversight

It was a design sacrifice

You mean they dry up faster than any woman's pussy that sees you in public with a switch and battery pack.

Why would you need to to use the stand when a dock hold it up perfectly?

Are you guys literally retarded?

backwards or sideways*