So now that the switch is out and the WiiU is about to be forgotten

So now that the switch is out and the WiiU is about to be forgotten.
What games should I play before my WiiU get's inevitably covered in dust.

Other urls found in this thread:

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Wii_U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just hack it and get all Gamecube, Wii, Wii U games to run natively. Also install emulators and you can get SNES, Genesis and a bunch of other consoles to play too.

Here, have a shitty Wii U chart that was never finished.

Also this: vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Wii_U

Hyrule Warriors
Smash for Wii U
Super Mario 3D World

what have you missed? the library is small but almost all of it is worth playing it.
xenoblade undubed and bayo 2 would be my recommendations.

>they'd also pay $60 for a digital only bad port of an anime game
What game?

All the good ones, like DK Country, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Wonderful 101, Kirby, Pikmin, Captain Toad, Kowashitai, Bayonetta.

Especially considering XCX is already getting a sequel on Switch

>Great tier
Bayonetta 2
The Wonderful 101
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon

>Good tier
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros
Super Mario 3D World
Yoshi's Woolly World
Super Mario Maker
Pikmin 3
Captain Toad
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

>Okay tier
NSMBU
Hyrule Warriors
Pokken Tournament
Zelda remasters
Fast Racing Neo

>trash tier
Star Fox Zero
Paper Mario Color Splash
Devil's Third
Mario Party 10
Animal Crossing amiibo festival

>Especially considering XCX is already getting a sequel on Switch
XC2 is not a sequel to XCX.

>Star Fox Zero
>Paper Mario Color Trash
>Devil's Third
>multiplats
>virtual console games
Terrible image. OP ignore this.

>Bump Hyrule Warriors to Good
>Bump MP10 (and maybe Color Splash) to Okay
>Add Game and Wario to Good or Okay
Other than that, seems about right.

Splatoon, considering that once Nintendo pulls the plug on Wii U online, that game disc will be worthless

Runner up choices are:

Mario Maker
Sm4sh
Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D World
Tokyo Mirage Sessions
New Super Mario Bros U
All the HD Zelda remakes

Honestly, there is only one exclusive on the WiiU that is unique and you won't find on any other platform and that is Wonderful 101.

Other than that, it's a whole bunch of sequels, good as they may be, that you know exactly what to expect from like Bayo 2, XenoChro X, 3D World New SMB U, DKC Tropical Freeze, Sm4sh, Pikmin 3 and MK8.

Having said that, even the lesser WiiU exclusives usually have a feature that is pretty neat to find out. I highely recommend anyone to check out Game and Wario simply for the gamer minigame. It'll make you understand the potential the WiiU gamepad had and how underused and worthless it is now.

>They recommend Star Fox Zero

what the fuck

Probably Fatal Frame, they're mad there are no bikinis in the horror game.

>>Great tier
>The Wonderful 101

It's good, not great but honestly a better use of the gamepad than anything nintendo did

>New Super Mario Bros U
You could've at least said Woolly World.

>>Bump MP10 (and maybe Color Splash) to Okay
nah

>they're mad there are no bikinis in the horror game.
because it changes the story

>>Bump MP10 (and maybe Color Splash) to Okay
I don't know about MP10 but Color Splash should stay where it is, at most make a new tier of "Completely Average" for it if you really want it out of the Trash zone.

If only it was completely average, maybe it would have been another SPM. Right now, it's complete trash.

The girl has insecurities over being objectified and its hard for me to think she's "objectified" while wearing normal clothes.

MP10 should stay where it is too, its the worst MP yet. Even the 3DS game is better.

That would make the story make less sense, retard.

>I've got self image issues
>Better wear a bikini to this spooky shit for no reason

The Bowser Party mode was pretty neat, if very barebones.

The last Mario Party I touched/have is Mario Party 8, I always hear how it's turned to shit. What's wrong with it now and how is 10 worse than 9?

Just hack your Wii U.
It's the ultimate Nintendo console.

Wii U won't be forgotten because Nintendo Switch has no games. Prove me wrong.

>protip you can't

Well, for one thing, they replaced the normal boards with linear ones where everyone moves together in a vehicle (presumably to change things up).
The problem is that this results in less mini-games a.k.a. the best part of Mario Party.
Not sure what makes 10 worse than 9, but requiring Wii Remotes probably didn't help.

>Wii U Babbys have to compare themselves to a month old console
SAD LOL

She has self image issues BECAUSE she was photographed in a bikini, she feels like she is just a piece of meat for men.

So she would keep wearing that bikini?

Shit it really shows that I'm arguing with an autismo about how a human being would react to shit.

>men see me as a piece of meat
>this is why I have self image issues
>better dress myself as a piece of meat

This only makes sense to animufags.

>So she would keep wearing that bikini?
she doesn't even wear it at all in the western version so it doesn't make sense for her to feel that way
Wow its almost like you didn't play the game

the issues originated from being photographed in a bikini, since she was not photographed in a bikini in the western version she has no reason to have body issues
Plus its tampering with the developer's vision which is inecusable

Does the photographing happen before or during the events of the game?

>i have self image issues
>i should better wear a bikini to that spooky mountain to photograph some ghosts

>you haven't played the game
The excuse of a shitlord who can't defend his point.

>animufags.
you have to go back.
It happens in a flash back
>>i should better wear a bikini to that spooky mountain to photograph some ghosts
you didn't play the game
end of story

>It happens in the past

Well shit, looks like it makes no sense for her to wear the bikini in that part that happens after the past. Which is the part on the spooky mountain. The present.

Why do some people get so fucking butthurt that others don't like censorship in games? What the hell are you so defensive about? Do you work for Nintendo Treehouse?

>i have self image issues from an occurence that happened before the story of the game that involves being photographed while in a bikini
>i should now photograph ghosts in my bikini on a spooky mountain
>this makes sense to animufags

>looks like it makes no sense for her to wear the bikini in that part that happens after the past.
She doesn't even wear it in the flashback in the western version. So it makes no sense for her to be insecure in the first place.
Also its just a bonus costume you get for clearing the game. You can't even use your first playthrough.

Well if she doesn't wear it in the flashback, it makes no sense for her to wear it in the present at all then.

>>i should now photograph ghosts in my bikini on a spooky mountain
You can only use the costume after clearing the game once.
You didn't play it, so why are you so adamant about defending it? Are you a legit SJW?

Oh shut up, strawmanning faglord. The point of discussion isn't whether censorship should occur but the importance of what was censored to the story.

They shouldn't have changed the costumes at all.

But if it's not even canon for her to wear it, how does that "destroy the developer's vision"?

Well, some (like me) don't get why censorship is such a deal-breaker, or feel that there is a reasonable justification for it in some cases (i.e. JP likes underage nudes but America doesn't)

>Star Fox Zero
>Bad

Lol.

>the importance of what was censored to the story.
If you want to discuss that how about you play the game first? Its pretty clear that all of you defending the censorship and crying about ""animufags"" didn't play the game. user is pretty much spoonfeeding you guys the story.
>it's not even canon for her to wear it
It is during the flashback.
>how does that "destroy the developer's vision"?
The developers wanted players to have that costume as a post-game bonus. NoA took that away. Not that hard to understand dude

>motion controls
>good
Lol

>the original point is that the bikini makes sense storywise and the removal is ruining an important aspect of the story
>"it doesn't make any sense and has no importance"
>y-y-you haven't played it, it makes no sense storywise and has no importance and is nothing more than eyecandy, checkmate

>m-muh culture!!
Why do leftists love diversity except when it applies to Japan?

And also, what kind of mouthbreather can't understand psychological issues unless a schoolgirl feels uncomfortable in a bikini?

>>"it doesn't make any sense and has no importance"
Already explained how it does

Never played the game but is the bikini removed in the flashback?

Yes it is
Not sure why you're asking him when he didn't play it either

>Hey this thing about a game which is unrelated to the gameplay is retarded.
>YOU DIDNT PLAY IT YOU HAVE TO PLAY IT TO KNOW

>make a Star Fox game
>advertise it as a reimagining of Star Fox 64
>make 90% of the levels all-range instead of tight, focused on-rails levels
Fuck that. Its like making a Mario game where 90% of the levels are underwater.
Star Fox Zero is fucking trash.

Stop being poor

Hello Treehouse

Damn, you'll just buy whatever trash you see, won't you?

Actually a good collection for the most part

>If you disagree with me you're a lefty cuck shill treehouse employee

That's a nice shelf.

>Star Fox Zero + Guard
I'm so sorry

Kirby's game any good? I liked Canvas Curse but i hate using the gamepad for anything. It is legit the least comfortable controller I've ever used.

>the bikini is the reason she has self image issues
>not because she was coerced into getting photographed in sensual and denigrating poses

What else is there to expect from weebs who need 15 minutes of expository dialogue in their animu to understand the plot?

How is Guard anyway?

Its better than Canvas Curse imo and the collectibles are actually pretty hard to get. But you probably won't like it if you don't like the gamepad, thats the only way it can be played.
Kinda sucks they wasted the amazing art style on the gamepad instead of waiting for the Switch

>sensual and denigrating poses
laying on a bed in a normal position is "sensual and denigrating"?

Guard is neat tower defense game, where you have to protect your core by switching between monitors that are all displayed on your tv by tapping the corresponding monitor number on your gamepad and shooting at the enemies.

Now who hasn't played the game? Half the shots were just her tits and ass.

>lying on a bed with your hands next to your head as if in a submissive posture is a "normal position" according to weebs

That just looks retarded. No one lays on a bed in nice clothes.

>Uhhh, that's how all my body pillows are posed, retard. Are those sexual too? Im a big fuckin dipshit btw

Maybe because it's an erotic photoshoot.

>m-muh weebs!!
sure is neogaf in here

then she should be in lingerie.
Those clothes aren't erotic
Try not to wear your butthurt on your sleeve, gaffer.

>he doesn't understand how clothing in that scenario would be creepier than a bikini
>he doesn't understand that getting raped while fully clothed would make someone have a negative association with one of the fundamental needs of a person
>he doesn't understand that her negative self image is that despite wearing clothing, she still feels not covered and secure

Color splash is good though.
The combat system is downright inferior to the first two PM games if not complete trash and the boss fights are pretry puny too, sure. On the other hand, you've got fantastic level design, bearable writing, great graphics and a lot of fun enemies with personality.
It balances it back into the good game category easily.

Please stop, fully clothed sex is my fetish and i already fapped today.

Play XCX, since Monolith Soft or any Japanese company for that matter will never ever make another mecha open world game ever again.

I don't want the feminist localization team's weird spin on the original story.

So you're basically saying Color Splash is good because of "muh graphix" and "muh story"?
You realize you're as bad as sony fags now right? You sure you want to go down this road user?

Is Color Splash a bad game, or just a bad Paper Mario?

Both

It's mostly the level design though. There's a lot of great out of combat gameplay when figuring out puzzles and navigating the overworld which makes this game really feel alive.
I'd be lying if I said the writing and enemy développement didn't help but after all it's still kind of a RPG.
The graphics are more about an art direction than actual graphical prowess, it lends itself well to make the levels pretty but we can agree on that not being #1 priority.

How can I install VC or DLCs?
WUP won't do it :(

You need haxchi or mocha for DLC, updates and eshop exclusive games (including VC)

Not that user, so some games can be pirated even without hacking the thing?

If you want you can just run all the "hacks" and homebrew apps from an SD card, that way only thing installed to your system is games

I see. Oh well, no reason to go only halfway. I'm gonna guess following guides the chances to brick the console are low, right? The 3DS was my first hack and things went pretty smooth

As long as you read everything carefully and follow the guide you pretty much have no chance of bricking it. Just don't install coldboot (the guide tells you not to anyway)

One point of warning. DO NOT REINSTALL YOUR VC DS GAME AFTER INSTALLING HAXCHI

If you do, you won't be able to run haxchi directly anymore and redownloading the game from the store will only give you an error. You'd need to do a complicated process where you gain access to your wiiu via your computer with a wup server and delete the game's tik file. If you do anything wrong here, you will brick your wiiu.

What if i plan to follow the secondary method that doesn't require buying any game? I know it's a longer process, but is it also more dangerous?