If you play competitive mode in any videogame and do the following

If you play competitive mode in any videogame and do the following

>pick non-meta picks/strategies
>dont care if you lose
>have no microphone
>have less than 100 hours played
>don't switch your character/strategy after the first 10 minutes if it's not working

You need to jump into a hornet's nest without protective gear immediately.

By not playing your best or doing the best you can, you are dragging down the team, as well as hindering your own skill.

This goes for any game with a competitive mode.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-OZjHjJToVo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck you kid i do what i want

do what you want, but i don't see how losing is fun, especially when you are retarded.

If you're in any game with good matchmaking rating, then getting matched with shitters means you're a shitter too.

Look inwards and git gud.

go back to your bronze game mate.

I'll give you one reason why that shit works.
because people don't expect it. What everyone expects is people to play strictly to the meta and do picks and counter picks. What they don't realize is that only matters in super high level play. In low level play you will see people pick things that they have no idea how to play only because they saw it on a stream or a infograph that said that x was better than this y. Then they end up doing worse because then they are playing something they have no idea how to play, BUT AT LEAST THE INTERNET TOLD YOU IT WAS A COUNTER PICK RIGHT!

Off meta strats is just element of surprise. If they have no idea how to handle it they are more likely to lose to you because they have no idea what you're doing assuming it at least makes some sort of sense.

have a (you) 7/10 got me to reply.

>exposed armpit pussies
MOOOOOODS!

>play 10 Overwatch placement matches
>no one knows how to play
>no one knows the payload heals you
>everyone plays team deathmatch instead of sitting on the payload
>team consists of 5 people under level 100 vs 6 people over level 300
>let team know what we need to switch around, i even switch my hero as well
>no response
>everyone just keeps dying to the same shit
>rinse and repeat

I wish there was a report option for "sped kids"

i don't care about wining, if playing a game isn't fun even when you lose it's a shitty game

I don't really care desu. Some people like to play to win at all costs and I get that. Some people like to play to enjoy themselves and I get that too.

Such a pitslut.

Lol triggered little babby.

Git gud.

I know this is bait but

If no one ever did this the meta would never change. Enjoy never being top tier because you only follow what the actually good players do.

Oh so I can never start a new game. Gotcha.

>I was raised by a single mother and was taught that losing is okay.

Get out of competitive modes then, if you play them.

What are you going to do about it kid? Cry on an imageboard?

If you post on Sup Forums you're probably not even good. I played with some Sup Forums people before and they were stupid god awful.

>playing online games

Autism.

You also forgot
>playing a team base game "competively"

I have fun losing sometimes, because it usually means I need to get better at the game, I hate winning 100% of the time, its boring as fuck.

>Get out of competitive modes then, if you play them.

it goes for any game

If you play a fighting game, or even a racing game competitively, and you have less than 100 hours of practice, you are bad, and should stop until you get more experience.

When you're not shit you're able to win with non-meta picks and strategies.

I was never taught that losing was okay. I just don't have terminal autism. Winning in video games, while nice, is not that important to me in the grand scheme of things.

i do it
if i can't be happy, no one will be

>play with new players in fighting games
>supress my powerlevel
>teach them stuff and cheer them on good performance
>they get better in a matter of weeks and make for interesting matches afterwards
>have fun

If I see interest and putting in work I'll always support players like that. Disrespect gets full on rape though.

>Sup Forums people
Anyone who uses Sup Forums to find people to play video games with is an irredeemable faggot.

autistic tryhards don't have fun and therefore never genuinely learn to git gud

>i have fun losing

This is what Sup Forums actually believes

You can't even prove me wrong no matter how hard you try :^)

>autistic tryhards don't have fun and therefore never genuinely learn to git gud
Please explain this though.

it's just a video game, it's something you do for fun when you're bored, it's not something you do for fulfillment.

I bet if dad was around you wouldn't think like that.

Any man who is not competitive is essentially a woman. Single mothers raise women(men).

>if your game has a hero class it is not competitive

Thinking outside the box is a good thing.
t. I used to sweep teams with Chatot in gen 6
>dont care if you lose
It's not the end of the world.
>have no microphone
If this is bouncy bouncy call a duty then yes, this is a problem. Fighting games do not apply.
Some people have smurf accounts or are good from the get-go.
>don't switch your character/strategy after the first 10 minutes if it's not working
They either want to make it work, don't care about losing, or both. An error on your part could allow their strategy to work, possibly even hand them a win.

I have both parents user, my dad was a professional athlete, he's a coach now. One of the most important lessons he taught me was to do my best at things that are really important.

Video games are clearly not one of those things user, if you had any real male role models you'd know that as well.

>an error on your part could allow their strategy to work

So basically if i'm playing team tic tac toe and my teammate keeps using the wrong shape, it's my fault that we lost?

How do you think the meta of a game actually gets formed? Now post more yummie Yuffie tummie.

Your dad clearly did not do his part in beating the aspergers out of you and making you a man either

I have both parents user, my dad was a professional gamer, he's a coach now. One of the most important lessons he taught me was to do my best at things that are really important.

sports are clearly not one of those things user, if you had any real male role models you'd know that as well.

nerve status: struck

Well, I'm not the one sperging about
>winning in video games

:^)

>not playing deathmatch
>microphone
>character
What the fuck are you talking about? Characters only affect your appearance.

Jesus, go back to PS2 and don't bother us PCGods.

i'm basing this off Dota primarily (a pretty extreme example tbf), where i've come across heaps of players that have extensive knowledge about the game, try to make pro plays and such, but suck at actually reading and playing the game.

Sports are pretty important. They make you hot and net you mad pussy.

>"im having so much fun! look at me! haha! fun fun fun! look at my fun!"
"So what exactly is fun about this?"
>"ITS JUST FUN DUDE XDD"
"But you are losing"
>"I'm still having fun! Wow! FUN!! F U N!!! XDDD"

Nah, you're all just a bunch of fucking casual losers. Play to win or don't play at all.

Don't play tic tac toe, you nigger. Play a real game, like Q3A or UT.

I wasn't looking. I joined a server people were hosting here. Get over yourself faggot.

Sports are something I could understand being super competitive in. Video games, not so much.

I play games to enjoy them, not to prop up my teammates win/loss record.
Matchmaking will pair me with other like minded individuals fast enough.

I'll certainly be playing to win with whatever I use, but I won't base my strategic choices (build/character/etc) purely around what I believe to be most effective.

>caring about how women think about you
>caring that you are attractive to women

clearly you are underage. anyone over 18 would already know that women are simply not worth the time and effort, even if they come to you.

>Play to win or don't play at all.

OK. I won't play at all.

>month later
>Why is this game so dead?!
>Where is everybody?
>i bet they're playing some shitty casul shooter 2017
>fucking casuals i hate them
>casuals...
>p-please come back ;_;
>I want to play my gaimu :(

>play to win
No one cares if you beat who gives a shit and his friend dimplefuck. If you really want a goal, then play to improve.

Overwatch thread?
Overwatch thread

>the game is dead because im bad and refuse to learn how to play properly
no the game is dead becauase its a shit game, and you have shit taste.

You're an arena shooter fan, aren't you?

Shit thread, post more Yuffie.

I think that women are worth the effort. I love women. They're beautiful. They're interesting. You should try too user. Relationships are fun.

Do something real with your life.
You will have more fun when you do play games and probably be better as a result.
stop being a salty autist

>pretty much any physical sport
>Mad bitches
>established financial gain
>just playing gets you in shape for a longer life
>socializing

>Comp vidya
>more health risks than rewards
>shoddy financial stability at best
>moderate to low bitches
>no socialization (autists don't count)

Hmmm, I wonder which one is a complete waste of time?

>don't do most of that, don't even juggle in fighting games
>still do well
>end up carrying nearly every game
I can only git gud so much, I can't make the team better, only make them follow my lead.

the amount of times I have turned a game around from certain defeat I should get freebie games where I don't have to carry by now but we can't have nice things.

So yeah, play to win. You know what "playing to win" doesn't include? Using a mic like a fucking faggot. If you are not playing Deathmatch, you are a casual shitter. An hero ASAP.

I am not a tournament going player but i do play 3rd strike almost daily and strive to be competitive

Yes i do and i think its faiely good strategy to pick underated chars, it really puts your oponent to disadvantage if he doesn't know anything about that matchup, the amount of games i started winning after maining oro was insane
>dont care if you lose
I don't show it but it really makes me mad specially against turtles and i unironically start fun posting chatroom after i beat player who usually beat the shit out of me, in fightcade chatroom.
>have no microphone
Nope
If i count amount of time spent in training mode than its probably 500$
Its both good and bad, if you switch a char you get proper insight in that char's moves but knowing all chars averagely is worse than one char mastered.

Well the above things i mentioned are based on fightan. But now that i see. You were talking about baby mobas and non 1v1 games. Where bad shitter will remain shit because they can always blame it on team stop trying

He isn't. He's a Halo/CoD player. An arena shooter fan looks upon mic users with disdain they deserve.

holy shit wheres that gif from? That probably destroyed her nose at the minimum

I pick the hero I want regardless of enemy or friendly team composition.

I will play to the good of my ability but I don't really care if we lose; losing just means I get to fight an easier team next time. In fact, the moment you begin to criticize my hero pick / item builds / gameplay / RNG / anything else I immediately lose interest in giving a crap about what you think and am likely to do stuff like just let you die while I watch.

I have a microphone but I don't bother to set it up. I also mute you immediately in voice and in-game chat if you start whining. I myself do not type in the in-game chat but only use pings or pre-selected lines to communicate.

I will report you for any infractions of game rules when it comes to hostile communication. I will laugh heartily at your attempts to "report" me for not playing the "meta". Never been so much as temp banned for playing how I want.

What are you going to do about it, faggot?

>exclusively pick pugna in dota 2
>reach 5.5k mmr with just fucking pugna

>get dmg in csgo
>only buy smgs

>got top 100 in sf4 with dan

Literally lmaoing @ you op

Overwatch is next but I haven't figured out how to maximize my gay baby potential.

>not being a LOW

I get it for MOBAs or team FPS, but why would anyone ever want the mic on a 1v1 game?

i play marvel 2 competitively and win at least $200 in weekly tournaments at my local barcade.

ive been going there for 4 months and only lost one time.

picking the best characters helped me win.

so basically if i picked the worst characters, i could have still won? absolutely not.

>Comp vidya
>more health risks than rewards
>more health risks
>pretty much any physical sport

That's some game show, and the anchor told the woman she'd have to finish.

There, found it. Literally 2 seconds in jewgle.
youtube.com/watch?v=-OZjHjJToVo

i play GO very rarely

and only play using the nova or mac-10/MP7, even during the rifle rounds

>i pick a hero
>hero

Overwatch babies do not get to say anything in this thread. Please learn that the payload heals you on attack. Thanks.

Playing Overwatch already does that to you.

I was actually talking primarily about DoTA you whiny faggot

>i dont pick the best possible solution
>i dont care if i lose
>i dont communicate with my team
>i report everyone because they are bad but im better even though i dont play to win

Into the oven with you.

As if it's any better. MOBAscum needs to die.

My reporting has nothing to do with them being good at the game or not. I report players who are maliciously hostile in chat.

lmao

she looked alright though, thank god the watermelon broke on her

thats even worse

>reporting people for bantz
Maybe we should use an incinerator instead

do you call the police for someone calling you a faggot in middleschool too?

1v1 games are the only real competitive games and there's no team there. If you want to pick a low tier character it's all on you.

TIER

Banter is not the same thing as malicious chat. I would not report someone for a bit of taunting like "haha nice try" or what not after a team fight I was in that we lost. It's comments like "gg scrub pos kill yourself irl" that get a report. And only if they are continual, like someone constantly whining or insulting people. Insults are not the same as competitive banter. I have gotten plenty of people temp banned for it because I know when to apply the reports. Otherwise, they'd just be getting wasted and I couldn't report anyone anymore.

No. But I would report them to a teacher. Or at least I would have 25 years ago.

If you play a competitive game, you have to:
>know and use jump routes
>keep item respawn times in mind
>control best items (railgun, rocket launcher, red armor)
>use nades for area denial
>use rockets for doorway/hallway control
>know your opponent by watching his vids to predict his actions
If you don't do that, put down Quake 3 and go play CS with other children until you are ready for your big boy pants.

Team? What team? Play deathmatch, you little baby. Everything else is for noskill fags.

Well I mean
>don't be an idiot when playing literally anything save for Football/Egghand
>Live hella long

Whereas
>Carpal tunnel
>vitamin deficiency
>blood clots
>spinal strain

low tier god is a filthy nigger who picks high tier regardless of his name lmao.

Funny how slalom gave me spinal injury anyway. I never fell, just the combined strain of 15 years skiing.

nobody likes a snitch user. this is why you never had any friends

>Play to win or don't play at all.
Ah so youre actually bad that needs people to carry you. If you cant ace youre shit

That's not true on both counts. I'm sure Trump likes all his snitches, leakers, and manipulators.

NO, it's not because they don't have fun, it's because they are fuckign retards. Fun have absolyt nothing to do with skill. I bet you are one of the niggers who played with his *friends*, and ruined my fuckign games, kys you nigger.

>By not playing your best or doing the best you can, you are dragging down the team, as well as hindering your own skill.
And if that skill is a non meta character? Perhaps I've been spending time learning an off meta character and can bring something to the table the other team won't expect or be ready for. How about you give me the chance instead of complaining because it doesn't fit your narrative. Perhaps I'm not good with the meta characters for one reason or another, I'd be doing worse damage to the team by attempting to play something I'm not good at.

t. healer

Not if the other team is not shit either, then you will loose with non meta picks.

Wow marvel 2 player amazing,
Well i wrote underrated, down right worse char is something else you must have seen in your local that a lot of people who were good but due to being accustomed to ken ryu chun yun etc couldn't match properly against char like alex oro Q remy it just alienate them,
And also how do you play online? Demul or local scene is so good that you dont even need online to refine your skills, man your lucky and for some reason i think you are canadian.

>I suck at the meta
Why the fuck do you bother even play comp then? Fucks like you always start a conga line and spout about "fun" every 5 seconds.

>liberal cuck drags politics into it once he feels hurt because Trump and Republicans are the go-to scapegoat for comparing yourself to others who are "much worse"

Now the thread is going to turn into politics.

Then again, it makes a lot of sense: Liberal baby cuckolds can't win anything so they need to blame it on everyone else and pretend they don't want to win.

fun

>I get to play what I want to play
>I get to see someone like you have an autistic shitfit
Why should I play the meta?