Videogames ruined my eyesight, it's now -7.5 on my left eyes and -9.0 on my right eye

Videogames ruined my eyesight, it's now -7.5 on my left eyes and -9.0 on my right eye.

I'm afraid I going be blind after 10 more years.

How bad/good is yours now?

You weren't using your eyesight for anything productive anyway

user, monitor screen won't invalidate your eyesight.

>posting a picture of a character whose glasses are fake
despair for OP but top tier irony

No, you simply got shitty genes.

Holy fuck lad. That's genetic.

20/20. Games don't ruin you eyesight

Monitors don't harm your eyesight.
It just naturally gets worse as you age. For some, it's worse than others.

>Have shitty eyesight
>Get PRK surgey
>Now have 20/15

Feels good. Money well spent.

>video games ruin your eyesight
ok mom

Fuck if I remember
Just know I'm nearsighted as fuck

Thought about contacts or maybe trying corrective surgeries until I noticed that I've pretty much got permanent dark marks under my eyes now and my glasses just work wonders for hiding that shit.

My eyesight has been the same for as long as I remember.

Just eat lotsa carrots. If you can steamed or soft cooked in soup.

It's your genetics, I've been playing vidya since I was a child, and my eyesight is constantly -3.0

I broke my glasses a while back and couldn't afford to replace them at the time. My eyes adjusted. They get strained if I'm on my computer, read, or play games for a long, long time but I don't usually do those things for hours on end anyway. My eyesight wasn't too bad to begin with, though. All I needed the glasses for was reading and reading things on a computer.

>video games
user it's probably your untreated high blood pressure. I know for a FACT people on Sup Forums don't go to doctors

They can't afford it.
But most people on Sup Forums are also Sup Forumsacks and don't support universal healthcare. they kind of bring it on themselves

Preety bad, but im preety sure its genetics in my case

I've been playing video games since I was two, and I still have 20/20 vision. OP is just going blind.

My vision hasn't really changed since I was six.
Still short-sighted and have a lazy eye which I really suspect was from running into a doorknob as a kid that gave me a huge black eye. Really only use glasses if I'm in a classroom or watching movies in my loungeroom.

Can't say video games ruined them.

This.

You're falling for a meme dude, my eyes are fine.

>anti/pol/ bringing up politics out of fucking nowhere despite constantly complaining about off-topic Sup Forums posting
P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y

-3.25 left and -2.75 right

Really sucks ass to wear glasses while reading at night lying in bed since some reading positions are uncomfortable.

>anti/pol/ is one person

I dont know the numbers exactly but I can only see clearly like 2-3 inches from my face without my glasses.

Its not the genetics meme you people are spouting either because I'm the only one in my direct family that wears glasses.

Barely anyone in my family wears glasses but I know for a fact that some of them need to wear glasses but refuse to do so. There are also at least 2 friends I have that complain about their eyesight but refuse to get glasses.

I'm really convinced at this point that not wearing glasses strengthens your eyes. After I got glasses my eyesight got worse. I changed them once already and I begin to feel like sometimes I don't have perfect eyesight already.

-1,50 left and - 1,75 right.

I've been gaming since I was 5. You must be doing something wrong.

Stop

Myopia
-4.25 -3.75

Astigmatism
-3.75 -3.25

It haven't gotten worse in years despite being in front of a computer screen for 12 hours/day (work and internet). It's genetic, dude.

I have not been to a doctor since age 11 lol

I think it was -5.75 and -5.50 this last time I went the other month. If they actually do different prescriptions in each eye like that I have terrible depth perception problems, though, so I've been getting the higher of the two in both lenses. Weird stuff.
I just found out over the weekend that a friend of mine who wears glasses only has a prescription in one side of like -9 and just glass in the other. I never noticed until it came up in conversation.

-6 in both eyes buts it's been this way for years

I can't remember not wearing glasses

When I got my glasses my eyesight got so painfully sharp for a few days that it was uncanny as fuck.

>After I got glasses my eyesight got worse.
It's not uncommon for your sight to change. I don't think wearing glasses will make it negative. If you never get your eyes checked you won't notice any change.

That's a myth, kid. It's genetics that's fucked you.

t. glasses wearer

Just get contacts if you care that much. You can buy them online for peanuts.

I'm pretty sure straining your eyes like that can only make things worse.

Eyesight is pure genetics. My whole life I've been sitting in front of shitty displays and my eyes still can see in 4k

Just have the corrective surgery, retard.

I just "upgraded" to a monitor that is actually just a TV so I'm sure my eyesight is getting fucked even faster than before even with the backlight and settings down to minimum.

I really need to get a good monitor.

Both parents doesn't have near sightedness, but got far sightness, brother got like -6 on one eye and -2.5 other eye.

It's not video games that fuck your eye sight
It's looking at shit close to all the time that you don't strain your eyes to look at things far away.

You're in your house most of the time so everything is close to you. (Walls, chairs, screens ect.)

>I'm really convinced at this point that not wearing glasses strengthens your eyes.

On the contrary, all the studies have indicated not using corrective glasses or contact lenses when needed will make the problem get worse faster. Sorry, there is no grand eyeglasses industry conspiracy. Glasses will not halt a degenerative issue, your eyesight will get worse over time no matter what you do, but wearing glasses will make it happen a lot slower.

I have one friend that claims that he had bad eyesight as a teen and needed to wear glasses but after they broke he didn't get a replacement and his eyesight improved to the point where he didn't need any glasses anymore.

Of course there are tons of things that could have improved his eyesight since he wasn't even fully matured at this point.

20/20 since birth
there are studies that show the opposite all over the place, specifically for violent video games
op listen to everyone else, ya just got bad genes
also i ate an absolute shitload of carrots as a child

No they didn't, it's like 90% genetics.

>the carrots thing
>you actually believe it
Nigga that was made up during the war for pilots.

Who /lazyeye/ here?

I'm probably going to go blind in my right eye in the next ten or so years, but my left eye is where it's at, so I'm good.

If I read long texts at my computer I definitely feel like my eyes are getting fucked. It's so painful after a while and put a giant strain on the eyes. But just Sup Forums or video games never have this effect. I doubt it's looking at the display itself, it's more like fixing your eyes for a longer time that fucks them up.

My eyesight has been bad since i was a young teenager. I can see fine, but details start getting blurred after a few feet away, so i can't read anything like road signs or the games/books on my shelf without getting up close.

My m8 recently got glasses and he has the same issue as me so he let me try them on. My vision suddenly went from SD to 8K Ultra HD, it was amazing. So i've decided i'm finally getting glasses.

>lazy eye
I'd kill myself.

>all the studies
Done by big glasses

-8.5 in both, can't see shit captain

>it's like 90% genetics

No, it isn't.

Eyesight is like teeth, your chances of problems being the result of genetics are slim. It's far more likely you fucked something up. Myopia is significantly on the rise these days, our "eyesight genes" didn't suddenly all go bad.

I used to stare at the sun as a kid for entertainment/a "game" with friends (since it'd cause the centre of your vision to turn purple), and I still have great vision. It's genetics.

>there is no grand eyeglasses industry conspiracy
Only the one involving you having to spend stupid amounts of money on frames.

My eyesight's fine, my hearing isn't though. Left ear has a lowered ability to pick up high frequencies than my right (which seems to be fine).
It's actually kind of convenient (unless I need to hear where some high-pitched noise is coming from), since it means I can take off my right headphone to continue listening to music in the background if I need to hear something happening in the real world.

>Eyesight is like teeth, your chances of problems being the result of genetics are slim.
uh huh

I have the same shit... one eyes fucking the other because it has to compensate all the time.
fucking piece of shit.

-5.5 both eyes
but I was a dumb kid and stared at the sun, had nothing to do with vidya
I mean I did sit super close to the tv...

It's both actually. Near-sightedness is hereditary, but there also is an increase in the numbers which cannot be explained by genetics alone. However, no one knows which factors cause near-sightedness. There are only theories so far.

Potatoes and carrots cooked in a pan make some sick ass meal. I don't know how this works, but the taste of both changes drastically and becomes way more powerful.

in the future we will have lasik supervison
I remember reading how it will make you be able to read signs from 2x as far away as normal. I cant remember exacty what it was called though

>Was going to join the police forces
>Decided to take two years of break before working for life
>Apply two years later
>Sorry, your eyes are just one point, one decimal point too fucked up, we can´t have you
>Would have been fine if I joined two years earlier since they don´t do rechecks
Fuck me for not taking care of them.

Back away from your monitors and look in the distance occasionally. Started noticing my eyesight degrading as well since I started sitting close to a monitor a lot. Worth it tho

>tfw getting dangerously shortsighted and very nervous about getting my sight tested
If I walk into the opticians and give them the money, will I just be able to do some sight tests and then buy some glasses? Will I have to fill out any forms? Will I be able to get the glasses on the same day as the eye test or will I have to wait?

It's great, isn't it?

>Can't focus eyesight properly
>Can't take photos without looking stupid
>Always slightly brighter in that eye

This stuff doesn't even bother me that much, The Chronic Sinusitis I've had for seven fucking years drives me insane. I can't breathe right at night, I can't talk properly, my body heat fluctuates from sauna to meat packing fridge, I get horrific migraines.

It makes me want to die every night I go to bed.

You don't have to fill out any forms afaik. You don't get glasses on the same day(although I've heard there are some stores that cut the glasses at the spot but it's probably not common).

Almost everyone's hearing goes to shit during their teenage years. By the time you are 20 you've probably lost nearly a 1/5 of the 20-20,000 range humans are typically stated to be able to detect but only small children actually can.

Ever had that experience when you suddenly get a high pitched whine in your ear for seemingly no reason and it goes away after a few seconds? That's the sign that you just lost the ability to detect that frequency.

Just call the optician and ask for an appointment and schedule a time. Insurance will take care of the rest.

The eye test is a little jarring, though you get to see all the veins in your eyes for a brief second when they flash bright lights, which is fun.

I had to get glasses 2 years ago because I have a astigmatism in one eye. I can't open it as much as the other one, but it's not like I care about looking good anyway.

It hurts from time to time, should I go to the doctor?

Pain will make you stronger..
Maybe.

I was under the impression spontaneous tinnitus is just an occasional hiccup and not related to hearing loss (unlike long-term tinnitus)

Yes probably. Are your hurts like headaches? Because if so it could just be that you need new lenses.

>see tinnitus mentioned in thread
>my tinnitus gets really loud
Don't do this to me, guys. This is even worse than that manual breathing thing.

been playing games for 20 years now. My sight is still 1 on both eyes. It's genetics, mate, nothing to do with vidya. Chances are your sight would have still gone to shit even if you weren't playing as much

No it's not. It's purely behavioural.

same

No, it's just my left eye. It's hard to describe, but if I had to it feels like someone squeezing it with their thumb

this

>monitors don't ruin your eyeight
is this real or just a meme

>You are now aware you are licking the inside of a human mouth
>You cannot stop. You will always be licking the inside of a human mouth, until the day you die.
>P.s. 30% of your cells are actually bacteria, not your own genetics.

If it's not too expensive where you live, make an appointment with an ophthalmologist, they are more accurate than opticians and can check if anything is wrong with your eyes. There is nothing to be nervous about. They make you look through a series of device and ask which images are sharper.

Then you go to the optician with your results and pic a frame. They'll order the lenses for you, this can take a few days.

Had extremely strong burning in my eyes last year for a couple of months every time I would look at a computer or tv. It was fucking atrocious. It became normal after a two/three month abstinence of monitors of all kinds but it got bad again a couple weeks ago. It feels now like my eyes are always tired. Haven't started to burn but I am getting glasses next week.

The doctor gave me some numbers last year but I could barely keep my eyes open or focus them on shit at all. Felt like the whole sight problem was just temporary or only occurs in rooms/when reading watching since I haven't noticed any changes while outside.

It makes me kind of nervous since obviously it's the monitors making my eyes burn and sleepy so it would be easily fixable but it's the only thing I like doing in my life. Hell, I am a neet and wanted to think about getting a job but the only things I would be qualified for are office like tasks which would worsen the problem as well, it feels like life is a fucking prank. Like the only option I have is to keep watching monitors until I am blind with 30/40 and then I can't even kill myself because I am blind and can't find a knife.

Go to a doctor to be safe. I had kind of a headache but it was only behind one eye, and it turned out to be that I needed new lenses.

monitors can cause eye strain and shit but it can't do serious damage unless it's fired from a cannon.

why should I
I only go if I need to

My eye sight has been steadily getting worse and worse of the past few years. I figure i'll probably get glasses in like a year or so.

N-not a big deal right? I mean everyone has glasses.

GO TO A FUCKING DOCTOR ALREADY! DO YOU WANT TO DIE FROM CANCER OR A HEART ATTACK AND NOT BY A GUN OR A NOOSE ON YOUR OWN TERMS ASSHOLE?

Everytime I go to a doctor I do a better job at diagnosis than he does.
why would I go to a doctor?

I will, I hope it's just that and not something worse. Also kinda unrelated, but sometimes when I go to sleep and/or wake up tears come out and hurt my eyes, like acid or something. Anyone knows what I'm talking about? Is it just because they're salty?

>tfw you get glasses for the first time and it's like upgrading your gpu

You don't know if you need to unless you can say without uncertainty that you're living a 100% healthy life

They don't, your eyesight is determined by the shape of your eye. Monitors and tvs can stress your eyes, making them tire out, but they don't physically change the shape of your eye

Playing video games literally has nothing to do with your high prescription that shit would have happened no matter what you did.

It's not genetics. If it was genetics, how the fuck would that person have evolved and not gotten eaten by a wolf because he couldn't see or whatever. Literal fucking pseudoscience.
Anyone who says genetics is working for the optical industry (opthalmology).

>Everytime I go to a doctor I do a better job at diagnosis than he does.
That's what all stupid people who stroke out in their 20s sat

>how the fuck would that person have evolved and not gotten eaten by a wolf because he couldn't see or whatever.

With natural selection, the slight mutation every generation, leading his genetics to have superior eyesight to other humans, increasing the chance of survival you dumb cunt.

You're a fucking idiot. You would have to have years and years of chronic high blood pressure before it affects your eye sight in any way.

He just said he hadn't been to a doctor since he was 11

I work for an eye doctor. Hypertensive retinopathy usually doesn't even affect your vision and there's I've never seen somebody come into the office under 35 years old that has it.