NO MOBA

NO MOBA
> NO MOBA
NO MOBA
> NO MOBA
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-06-dawn-of-war-3s-multiplayer-reveals-moba-influence

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TpcxKWnnP88
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

le meme again

> Maybe if I ironic shitpost he will go away
No
Literally every single "not a moba" faggot got BTFO

I still have a tiny vestige of hope that this game might still be good. Am I naive as fuck?

rts moba influence what ?
how old are you?

MOBA just means Multiplayer Online Battle Arena and is a very broad term. I believe the term you are looking for is ASSFAGGOTS.

This entire game just feels like a transparent attempt at selling the 40k toys, specifically the "epic" units
Surely 1 and 2 weren't as obviously advertising

dead game for a dead genre

HahhhahahhahHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHA

>we've focused on multiplayer and made some changes to it, no more first 30 seconds deciding the outcome of the game
>bad

Honestly, could be good. Visuals and lack of factions are still shitty

No, no, no.

This'll be another planetary annihilation; a good idea gone completely fucked because they want it to be the next big esport instead of just being a fun game.

Is there a genre that is more of a gamekilling piece of shit than MOBAs?

>he thinks esports and fun games aren't interchangeable terms

I don't think that. It's fine if people want to play competitively but look at PA, it's a ghost town because of these exact same decisions.

They took a fun game and turned it into "Do the same starting setup as everyone else or get wiped 3 minutes in by a bot swarm": The Game. All because they wanted the esports audience immediately at day 1 instead of letting it happen organically.

why did they use Dreadknight for cover art when pretty much every one thinks it looks like shit and the whole concept is retarded?

>implying that esports don't appear naturally
>implying that trying to force a game to become an esport ever worked

Halo 5 comes to mind

nice comeback

this is not even the cover of the game

>inb4 dawnofwar.png, 'accurate' as an answer, 'this is bait' against every contradiction, and a shitstorm involving DCfags, SSfags, DoW2fags and DoW3fags with the same arguments
bingo will be ready tomorrow I promise

Will not buy it until they give us Last Stand.

#They will not divide us
#This is not my game

Honestly wtf is there excuse for not adding Last Stand.

If they got influenced by MOBA-s

HOW THE FUCK THEY DIDN'T ADD LAST STAND

Maybe they're making it a stand alone again?

Maybe they should have added it it from the start instead to waste time on other shit no 1 asked for.

MOBA-inspired =/= MOBA, depends on the features they took. Right now I don't feel like this is a MOBA, it's an RTS with skills a bit more elaborated than War3, 3 units a bit more important than the others, and a 'destroy HQ' mode with some anti-rush mechanics (well, they just prevent cheesing actually, rushing the first objectives let you win map control and a few extra ressources)

>hashtags on Sup Forums
>they're not even used properly

devs said they wanted to work on a coop-mode inspired by Last Stand but not at release

Oh, so the NDA lifted so we can talk about "Devastation mode" or whatever the map type is called. Note that if you stubbornly want to play this as a MOBA you will miss out on half the fucking game and suck on slanesh schlong.

Well if its like that then they will also not see my money on release :)

>Devastation lode
what are you talking about?
And are you sure the NDA is lifted? Or are you sure you care about it on a anonymous board?

Bump for this

no, you're just a bit more resilient to memes than the average Sup Forumsirgin

>simcity roleplayer
opinion invalidated
please wear a trip

I was just in the threads when the beta was going on. The whole MOBA thing is a map mode. The dev forum claims their will be a skirmish mode on launch but the only thing you can play in the beta is this map mode where you were in a 3v3 or 2v2 game and your objective was to destroy the enemy generator. Turrets are placed in neutral objective points which you need to secure for resources, said turrets come under your control when capped.

At the pre-game screen you chose your race, 3 heroes or 3 elite squads (interchangable) and 3 "tactics" which are global buffs (ie lascannon predators). Heroes have to be recruited with resources and the right building a'la WC3. Everything else, base building, control groups, macro/micro seems to be the same as DoW1. The in-game UI is very similar in design to popular mobas like LoL and Dota, with 3 heroes to the left, a minimal bottom-bar for units, and a big map to the right. Also, I don't know if anyone saved it but some kraut streamed the multiplayer game. Most of this post would be better understood in context.

If you like how none of the good parts of the last games are there, it'll be fine.
Voice acting nowhere near the others.
Graphics and artstyle just male it look like a reskinned starcraft.
No last stand.
seeing them turn lascannons into voidrays was the last straw.

Wow nice game 40k friends.

>toys
>on Sup Forums
>calls a hobby that takes artistic skill and lots of effort """toys"""
ayyy lmao

This game is fucking heresy incarnated, a giant middle finger to everyone except assfaggot normies in dire need of a streamlining and simple mechanics.

Fuck me, neo Relic is a disgrace.

>literally differently shaped MLP chinese garbage figurines
>artistic skills and lots of effort

youtube.com/watch?v=TpcxKWnnP88

>Implying anyone gives a fuck about the nda

Halo 5 is such a shitty game, if 343 didn't force esports the scene would just disappear

Ho, so that's the official name of the """MOBA""" mode everyone already knows about then. There are a lot of videos on Youtube about this mode already.
I'd like to correct a few things then:
- you're apparently mistaking turrets (huge buildings, quite powerful, already built on """lanes""" when the game begins) and listening posts (that you could already put on ressource points on DoW1)
>said turrets come under your control when capped
that's false, you can't cap until you destroyed the listening post
- lascannon predators are a unit everyone can get from my understanding. Doctrines include grenades for Tactical Marines, fire on the move for some units (they can't if you don't take the "perk"), reinforcing listening posts, faster cooldown on "faction" abilities (drop-pods, Waaagh!) etc.
- 1v1 was possible in the beta too, you still got 2 shields and turrets on """lanes"""
>Heroes have to be recruited with resources and the right building a'la WC3
I don't think you need buildings but I may be wrong, also the only ressource needed is elite points (which you earn few naturally but you can earn more by destroying objectives (shields or turrets) or capturing specific ressource points)

>That space marine VA

It feels wrong somehow.

Those fucking low res textures on models, micro units and floppy running animations.

Next terrorist attack should be on Relic HQ

>Doctrines include grenades for Tactical Marines, fire on the move for some units (they can't if you don't take the "perk")

But that should be something the player should have access to at any time (with a cost of course) in order to adapt to certain things.
DoW2 did it very well (especially with Elite Mod)

feels more professional soldier, I don't mind much personally - but I agree it's subpar compared to the previous games in general

Textures are great on their own, they're just too clean for what we were used to in DoW2. No battlescars, weathering, etc.
And animations have been reworked apparently (they're still not great but it's less ridiculous than a few months before)

To properly play you need to use max zoom out thus rendering units textures non important.

Yes and no, it gives a "custom your army" vibe to the vidya, which is one of the best point of the tabletop game. You still have choices to make, you just have to take 3 (well, 6 with the elite units) choices before the game starts, and plan your strategy beforehand. It's poorman's deckbuilding really.

why the big huge fuck off turrets protecting your base that can destroy entire armies? that coupled with the small maps just limits strats.

couldnt they just go with the turret system that protecst your base in the coh series and DOW 2? maybe have an upgrade that adds and anti tank gun to deal with tanks later on

the huge turrets are a put off

>playing dow for the multiplayer

And this is what killed the series. If they just made the fucking game in the style of classic, base building RTS's the game would sell it's self. Open map campaign as successor to the story campaign. I'd but that shit in a heartbeat.

>said they wanted to work on a coop-mode inspired by Last Stand but not at release
Oh god, they're not going to make everything they don't give us straight away at launch into DLCs you have to pay extra for, are they?

ME3 was a nightmare.

I hope not, day-one DLCs and DLCs withelding important gameplay elements (maybe other than new factions?) are cancer

but MP shit for ME3 was free

Maybe because this is the only "youtuber" who knows how to play a RTS?

This shitpost does not have my consent

Why is everyone so scared of the moba elements?

I think you are either shitposting or scared that it means it will be oversimplified just because you have to destroy a core instead of all the bases.

But the multiplayer was shit so nobody cares about that.

I bet you suck cocks for breakfast but that doesn't mean you are allowed to speak outside of your gayfort zone.

Because it does not fit THEIR ideal of a new Dawn of War game. The MOBA elements and art style just gave them an argument to the complains.

So it's the first, gotcha.

>wtf is there excuse for not adding Last Stand
It was shit, so why would they bring it back?

Because the previous Dawn of War games were already great the way they were, with only minor flaws.

What fans wanted was very simple: A mix of the two - big bases and armies with tactical elements regarding troop movements and weapons.

But instead we get something completely different. That's a bad sign, since it shows that the developers apparently don't listen to fans.

>playing single in rts games
Are you an autist? It looks like you are.

>big bases
Bullshit.

No.

>Have to endure years of Mark of Chaos and Battlemarch while 40K got DoW and DoW 2
>Then Age of Smegmar happens

>Now we got TWW while they have to endure DoW 3

Things are looking up at last.

Warhammer not buildhammer.

neo/v/

> No mom you don't understand painting my toys is an art!
> Yes I'll get a job tomorrow I promise

except no-rush mechanics are the exact opposite of esports

>e-sport = rush

Alright Anons, say it with me.

>I
>WANT
>TO
>FUCK
>MACHA

If the last threads this month were anything to go by, each Dawn of War game has numerous problems. You can never get anything resembling consensus over which one was the best nor the worse. Everyone has an opinion on DoW1, its expansions and on DoW2. DoW3 is just as divisive since the addition of the moba mode just serves as another shitposting distraction to all the shitposts about the series as a whole

>fucking Macha the ever-virgin
It's like you don't even like memes

>affording to invest any real effort in Warhammer without having a job.

I must be the only guy who is looking forward to the campaign.
What will Gabriel Magnus-lo steal this time? Or is it possible that the Blood Ravens will reform themselves now that Kyras and CAPTIN DIYOMEEDES(apparently he is gone too) are gone?

>Implying there aren't holes other than her virgin one.

What they don't realize is that they're fighting on top of one of Trazyn's vault planets, and he's about to wake up and steal all of them.

He'll have out-stolen the Magpies, looted harder than the Orks, and he will have one of the Eldar's greatest treasures. Macha's virginity.

Ho.
Carry on then.

This is what I wanted from mobas, but not what I wanted from Dawn of War. Kinda conflicted

That's not the cover of the game, dumbass.

Anyway from someone who played the beta, DoW3 is not a MOBA.It's an RTS with base building, big army sizes. It has heroes, but so do all previous DoW games. The units are responsive, but that's not a bad thing.

The multiplayer has you killing certain buildings in order, instead of making you kill the entire enemy base and chase teleporting Eldar buildings around the map.

If anything DoW2 was more like a MOBA because it made you pick one hero, had no base building, your hero levelled up and bought items in the match etc.

Elite Mod is there for you bros

Elite Mod won't let you down

Lead dev said they are leaning towards free gameplay updates, paid proper expansions and paid cosmetics.

DoW3 has a campaign with 17 missions, and has base building and builder units.

>pic related this is the actual cover

I hate the term but it does sound tryhard. Just selecting them they are like GO AHEAD COMMANDER!!!!!!

That upper red tuft from the eldar helmet always makes me think for a sec that the marine helmet now has a red ponytail for some reason.

For it to be a pure MOBA it will need the required:
>You control heroes only
>The lanes must be specifically designed to include additionally neutral creeps to kill
>Your units SPAWN and you have no control over them
>ALL GODDAMN MAIN LANES LITTERED WITH FUCKING TOWERS

DoWIII multiplayer has:
>Base building
>Unit recruitment (so no free spawning every couple of seconds)
>Research
>Heroes and Elites, along with Line Units can be controlled
>Still you have to create counters against your enemies
>Has only three turrets that discourage rushing (something I hated since first StarCraft)

And don't sprout to me that the maps scream MOBA.

Perfectly mirrored maps were since forever. Even Red Alert 2 has its share of maps like that.

Also DoWIII has doctrines similar to CoHII, only instead of giving like 4% extra damage, they give your units new abilities/modify existing abilities/adding or boosting certain elements of a unit's stats. And you can take three of them depending on your currently chosen hero and elites.

And listening posts. Though no generators since the listening posts took over energy production.

This time everyone wants the Spear of Khaine.
>Kyre wants it to Biel-Tan/his interests.
>Gabriel wants to seal it.
>Gorgutz wants a new pointy stikk.

Elite mod cant fix the disappointment that DoW2 is

>Gabriel wants to seal it.
More like SMASH IT.

if you dont like dawn of war 3 and dlc you guys you should check out the table top game!

i only need 4 books to play my army! its the best!

It's because the games are so different.

DoW1 was an RTS with base building and large-ish armies. DoW2 was a RTT with no base building and RPG/MOBA-like elements (before LoL even existed).

DoW3 is going back to the base building and large armies, but also keeping some of the emphasis on heroes, and combining them with elite squads and the giant walkers/knights.

It's not like SC and SC2 where the sequel was very similar to the original.

I had more fun with it than DoW1, so that disappointment is objective I'm afraid, my friend

You mean subjective.

Yes, my mistake friend

i really like the single player in dawn of war 2 but the mp wasnt that good i thought.

good game still.

>Lamemeters

I think that to the suprise of most eldar, Gabriel learned from (some of) his mistakes.

The DoW (and CoH) series is known for its extremely quotable unit dialogue.but from what I've heard so far, there's next to nothing that sets apart the dialogue in DoW3 from any other military RTS out there.

Good man.