What went wrong?

What went wrong?

I dunno...I like it and still play it. I think people are bitching and moaning about the client to client server issues but other than a few second re-sync every so often I don't have any problems with it.

Chivalry is better and cheaper

p2p no ranked

It's a uplay game on steam.

Odds are most of the negative reviews are from retards who can't read.

Basically this, I got it for free and I've been having loads of fun.

also stats on items. not only cosmetic. revenge builds. etc etc etc

Gear score mattering in half the modes

p2p

Gotta love the current state of video games.

Shame that Chivalry is pretty much dead.

Chivalry 2 fucking when?

most of the negative revues are atually from the connectivity issues. Most people agree the game is good, unbalanced perhaps, but with good potential.
Only lousy servers could waste this potential and should be adressed immediatly. I personnaly love the game but in it's current state I can hardly advise people to get it, dc's and resynch happen far too often (you can expect it at least once a day), resulting in an almost linear poulation drop.

tl;dr : ubisoft being to slow to adress connectivity issues is what went wrong

you can unlock everything in for honor in game.

People are looking at that statistic and lamenting over it, even though it makes perfect sense.

Just getting to rep 30 with every class is going to take 2.5 years

mordhau is coming out user

why the fuck would you want to unlock every cosmetic though?

what use do you have for all 20ish head ornaments for each character? Or every single particle effect? There's probably only a couple that you like

I keep forgetting Mordhau is a thing.

Looks exactly like what I'd want out of a Chivalry 2. Awesome.

That's not the point. You pay a full price for their shitty game you're at least supposed to get the full shitty content, or in today's shitty standards at least have all the gated content by viably achieved through gameplay, which is impossible here. It's a freemium game except it isn't free.

>or in today's shitty standards at least have all the gated content by viably achieved through gameplay, which is impossible here.
It's entirely possible though, it's just a simple progression system thats been a thing for forever now

You can easily get any of the cosmetics that you actually want for the characters you actually play, if you just wanna hoard everything then yeah it's gonna hard

>if you just want... ...everything (you paid for) then yeah it's gonna hard (impossible)

Why bother buying this piece of shit again?

> What went wrong?
Each game developed by nu-ubi is mediocre trash. Every single one except R6:Siege

cosmetics are not actual content. if you equate cosmetics to game level/map/character access, you're a retard

Is Ubisoft the single worst AAA developer even by normalfag standards?

normalfags are retarded and buy into hypes, fake commercials, bullshots and jewtuber shilling. they deserve to be scammed.

>cosmetics are not actual content.
if that were true, it wouldn't be locked.
>if you equate cosmetics to game level/map/character access, you're a retard
hence, UBI

you are so sad man jesus

progression systems have been a thing since like cod 4

>items in game to not count as content because I say so
>calling someone else a retard
What?

uplay, connectivity issues probably due to shitty net code, uplay

Ubisoft can't stop being Ubisoft.

This argument is fucking retarded.

There are so many cosmetics in the game that it takes 2.5 years to unlock all of them, but no player is realistically going to want to unlock everything. Ubisoft has even said that the majority of players don't play more than one character according to their stats.

I can't jump to the moon, does that mean gravity is unfair and needs to be changed? No, because it's fucking normal and nobody expects to be able to jump the fucking moon. Why are people so god damn retarded? Fuck.

not as sad as those retards that still keep buying ubisoft games lmao

>Development team
>Full of slavs, ruskies and poles.

Why wasn't this a success? I thought these people were meant to be the best in the business.

because you dont mix slavs. look at Yugoslavia.

>food analogy
Oh wait it isn't, but it is just as retarded. Never use false equivalency in my thread again. Many older and recent games make it much easier for the player to get cosmetics and are also FREE. Wanting what you paid for isn't literally "shooting for the moon", it's a basic fucking consumer right you shill scum piece of shit.

>I can't jump to the moon, does that mean gravity is unfair and needs to be changed? No, because it's fucking normal and nobody expects to be able to jump the fucking moon.
this analogy doesnt apply at all.
for one, you bought the game. you don't buy gravity
for two, it doesnt have to be this way. you can't change gravity

Shit netcode and stability, OP as fuck "end-game" gear that cannot be disabled in 3/5 game modes in order to encourage the P2W cash shop. Yes, there's a P2W cash shop in a fully-priced AAA release. I've also seen lots of complaints regarding class balance.

>for one, you bought the game, you don't buy gravity.

Doesn't entitle you to all of the optional cosmetics from day one.

>for two, it doesn't have to be this way, you can't change gravity

You can't change Ubisofts stance on cosmetics.

You didn't pay for the cosmetics, you paid for the base game. You can play the base game without ever touching a cosmetic. Many other games have the exact same model (DOTA, Overwatch). Where is your whining that these games are unfair as well? It doesn't exist, because you're a retard who only wants to shit on this game and you're grasping at straws to do it.

Are you contagious

>Many older and recent games make it much easier for the player to get cosmetics and are also FREE.

You know you can get cosmetics in For Honor for free, right?

they got you trained just the way they like it.
this new-age breed of gamers really likes to bend over.

>I'll just ad hominem as I can't rebutt his argument.

gg no re.

>Doesn't entitle you to all of the optional cosmetics from day one.
which makes the product worse. they dont even have to make them all the cosemtics avaliable. they could just make earning them a lot less grindy.
>You can't change Ubisofts stance on cosmetics.
which is the problem. ubisoft is fucking over the consumers on the hope they'll spend money on unlocking cosmetics. i dont see how you could find that acceptable.

Dota is free and it's much easier to get cosmetics in Overwatch not to mention their higher quality. False equivalency.

see

You know it'll take you 2.5 years of constant play, or 22 THOUSAND hours, right? In other games such as Dota (which is free) and Overwatch you can get most if not all cosmetics in 10% of that time, maybe even less, and their gameplay is actually continuously updated and long-standing.

>You didn't pay for the cosmetics, you paid for the base game.
?????????

there is no argument lol.

you're the kids "they" are fucking and it seems that YOU like it. that can't be argued, nor can it be helped.

YOU are OK with it. :-)>

The only reason I kinda stopped is that the devs haven't done anything the past 2 weeks to balance out the game.

Pay $60 for the base game, $60 for a season pass that allows you to buy each $60 DLC for the low price of $30, $5 to upgrade your weapon, $20 to upgrade your character and $10,000 to buy our cosmetics, they're just cosmetics after all you should be grateful they're even up for sale.

>Many other games have the exact same model (DOTA
DotA, the first one, is a WC3 map. I'm sure you're not talking about that one, but about DotA 2 instead. It does not have the same model and it differs significantly in 2 aspects:
>first of all the game is entirely and completely free to play, For Honor is a full-price release
>DotA 2 does not have game-altering (or even game-breaking) gear hidden behind a grind wall that can be more easily overcome by paying extra
DotA 2 sells cosmetics EXCLUSIVELY and the game itself is FREE. The business model used with DotA 2 is much, much friendlier than the one in For Honor.

As for Overwatch, it is indeed more similar to For Honor, but there are significant differences there as well.
>Overwatch isn't full-priced, it's $40, so it's cheaper right out of the gate
>Overwatch only has cosmetics, not game-altering gear hidden behind an individual grind wall for each character
For Honor has a complete crap "business model" and it is currently contributing to the game's downfall.

>DOTA is free

So?

>Overwatch has higher quality cosmetics

Your opinion does not equal fact.

>which makes the product worse. they dont even have to make them all the cosemtics avaliable. they could just make earning them a lot less grindy.

I disagree that it makes the product worse. I have enjoyed the game thoroughly without having to pay anything extra over the original base game price, and I have a fully kitted on character with nearly all the cosmetics on them.

The argument that the game is incredibly grindy is true, if you want to get EVERY SINGLE COSMETIC IN THE GAME. Nobody is going to realistically want to do that, thus my original commentary of how retarded this argument is.

>which is the problem. ubisoft is fucking over the consumers on the hope they'll spend money on unlocking cosmetics. i dont see how you could find that acceptable.

So do you think Blizzard is fucking over their community as well? I have well over 300 hours on Overwatch yet I don't own every single cosmetic. Blizzard must be as bad as Ubisoft, right?

I kept getting disconnected from games during the beta so I didn't even bother. I can't even say if it's a bad game or not since I was only able to play 3 or so full games.

I don't trust games to get fixed from open betas to release nowadays.

Basically this.

The competitive meta in For Honor is a shitshow and there's no way they can fix it without rebuilding the mechanics from the ground up.

Chivalry is a much better competitive game.

It didn't get fixed, I regret letting my friends convince me to buy it.

Too slow to fix all the retarded shit going on.
Revenge still isn't fixed and that shit has been in since beta, thank fucking god it's FINALLY coming though.

D E S T R O Y E D

E

S

T

R

O

Y

E

D

Ubisoft.

>dump half budget into eyecandy
>dump other half into bribing streamers to coordinate a time where they all stream it so the game is bumped to top 3 in twitch
>also pay the streamers to be retarded and pretend to like it and NEVER say one bad thing about the game
>people get overhyped and buy it
>"oh shit I just got memed on this is absolutely not what I was expecting"

woah, who would've thought. Same shit with Evolve, The Division and Dead by Daylight - same exact marketing model, and all of those disappeared into irrelevancy the moment the streamer paycheck ended. People never learn

>I disagree
it isn't up for debate. you're literally getting less for your dollar.
>The argument that the game is incredibly grindy is true, if you want to get EVERY SINGLE COSMETIC IN THE GAME.
which goes back to what i said before. it doesnt HAVE to be that way. ubisoft is just being greedy
>Nobody is going to realistically want to do that
so it's okay to put it all behind a massive grind/pay wall?

>So do you think Blizzard is fucking over their community as well?
yes, but to a lesser extent than ubisoft

Ubi already got your money don't expect them to keep working on the game

>my anecdote is proof against this anti-consumer business practice!
>surely this horrible system in practicality will never harm anyone based on my anecdote, nor will the severity of its flaws continue to grow as its shortcomings go ignored by dormant consumers who let themselves be abused by corporations!
>after all, my own anecdote, reliant upon my own position in time, my limited personal experience with a single product, and my financial position in society, is enough to judge this inherent flaw in an entire market.

Good logical fallacy, my friend.

I knew it will be shit

>Takes roughly an hour to get 1000 Steel without doing Orders
>Which can typically give 300 to 500 per Order
>The most expensive cosmetics in game are Mythic Outfits, which cost 15000, give an ornament, new paint scheme, and an effect
>Of each ornament, few characters use a wide array of them, while the most expensive one outside of outfits is 3000
>Most people will focus on, at most, 4 or 5 characters
>Game actively encourages Steel saving due to the timegate on Mythic Gear.

Call me retarded but this doesn't seem as bad as something like League, where any cosmetic at all costs money.

>DotA 2 does not have game-altering (or even game-breaking) gear hidden behind a grind wall that can be more easily overcome by paying extra

First, In For Honor, you have to reach Prestige 3 before you can get a character up to full 108 gear score. I'm just pointing that out in case you were hinting at a Pay to Win model. You have to play the game before you can get to the highest gear score, you can't just by good gear out of the gate.

Second, only Elimination and Dominion have gear score enabled. Custom games, Duels and Brawls don't, so your cosmetics do not effect gameplay for these modes. It really isn't hard to get gear score max and be on the same level as everyone else in Dominion and Elimination, anyway.

>first of all the game is entirely and completely free to play, For Honor is a full-price release

People keep mentioning this. Just because you bought the game does not entitle you to the OPTIONAL COSMETICS they released with the game. (see: Overwatch)

I'll pay $60, and just earn ingame currency for everything else thanks.

>tfw don't know how to argue so just shitpost instead

Yes.

2.5 years to get every single cosmetic in the game. That's definitely something I can see the vast majority of players wanting to do, right.

If they would have focused on the single player campaigns more I think the game would have been received better. Instead they wanted to focus efforts on pvp, and it's dull.

I'd love this kind of punishing combat in a DW style game, where dying meant defeat. Massive scale. Drop in multiplayer would be fine, in a coop setting. But without a better single player experience the game relies on it's pvp player base to keep it going. And there are better alternatives.

Shame because this game looks and feels great. Just not enough to keep my interest like I had hoped.

>it isn't up for debate. you're literally getting less for your dollar.
I disagree. A car that is slower isn't worth any less than an equivalent car that's faster because you'll never drive that fast anyway.

>which goes back to what i said before. it doesnt HAVE to be that way. ubisoft is just being greedy
There are many other slow cars. I don't have a problem with slow cars nor should you.

>so it's okay to put it all behind a massive grind/pay wall?
Products cost money.

>yes, but to a lesser extent than ubisoft
What is an "extent"?

Your hypocrisy is astounding.

Just because you call something 'anti-consumer business practices' and a 'horrible system' doesn't make it true, you have provided no evidence whatsoever, which is less evidence than my anecdotes!

You should be Bernie Sanders' assistant, you'd get on well with him.

horde mode when?

Maybe with the Gladiator character? Coliseum Mode?

Don't forget that you can unlock most of the cosmetics for your character by simply playing the game and leveling up, as you earn cosmetics as rewards every few levels.

That shit would be awesome. 5 or 10 guys fighting off a horde of npcs, taking/holding objectives, strategic gameplay, interactive environments. Hell they could build a decent story on that concept alone and the gameplay will hold up.

Shame they missed the opportunity.

ubisoft

>I disagree. A car that is slower isn't worth any less than an equivalent car that's faster because you'll never drive that fast anyway.
the problem with this analogy is that the slow will have something else to make up for the lack of speed. for honor not only has shitty connection, but it has also has the grindy cosemetics for $60. it's strictly worse than overwatch in terms of value and that's not including all of the reasons why.
>There are many other slow cars. I don't have a problem with slow cars nor should you.
i dont see how that analogy applies at all.
>Products cost money.
and some products have unreasonable prices.
>What is an "extent"?
as in blizzard's business practice is greedy but not as greedy as ubisoft's

>it isn't up for debate. you're literally getting less for your dollar.
Please explain how the length of time it takes to earn optional cosmetics correlates to the value the game provides to the consumer.

>which goes back to what i said before. it doesnt HAVE to be that way. ubisoft is just being greedy
I would argue that you're being unreasonably entitled.

>so it's okay to put it all behind a massive grind/pay wall?
No pay wall exists, you can earn every item in the game through playing the game itself. You can grind for every cosmetic in the game if you'd like, but you would be the extreme minority of people who actually want every single cosmetic in the game.

>but you would be the extreme minority of people who actually want every single cosmetic in the game.

8,411 to be exact

Let's be honest, nobody gives a shit about you. We're talking about an anti-consumer business practice here and its implications on the market as a whole. You can blog about how much it doesn't impact you and how you're willing to pay the price for any piece of shit you want, but it has zero relevance to actual discussion of how severe micro-transactions in a fully-priced product should be permitted by the consumer to be.

As for your nonsensical argument about how the price of the game doesn't entitle you to cosmetics, it breaks upon the first inspection of critical analysis.

All prices are decided by the product's worth. When a consumer deems the product worthy of its price, he pays. If he doesn't, he'll either wait for a sale to reduce the price to his inspected worth or not buy it at all.

At a certain point in a market's age, price and worth become similar. A consumer expects certain worth from a $60 product, lower worth from a $40 product, and so on.
When a game gets extra content, such as cosmetics, its worth increases.
From free-to-play games in today's market, consumers expect gameplay that is worth more than $0, which is supported by cosmetics that can then be purchased for money. This is quite a flexible and comfortable model, that allows business to offer free and fun gameplay while still turning a profit.

However, when you have a fully, $60-priced game, you expected the worth of the game to already be mostly paid for. Cheap or otherwise easily achievable cosmetics can be accepted, but no more than that.
And yet, what does For Honor offer? Cosmetics that take longer to freely achieve than their free-to-play and $40 counterparts and are arguably of inferior quality.

That is low worth for high price, an anti-consumer practice. By condoning these practices by saying paying full-price for a game does not entitle you to a full-price game's worth, not even a $40 or even free-to-play game's worth, you are only acting against yourself.

You really don't see a problem with a game that requires quick reactions having peer to peer connection?
You can be slowed down by some retard who's playing thousands of miles away from you with shit internet, some guy can unplug his router and essentially teleport behind you, there are TONS of problems

This game is actually just dogshit

they branded it as a game with honor involved

but there was no honor

A illiterate's inability to read a classic doesn't make it inferior, it just means you're an illiterate.

Feel free to google anti-consumer practices and harmful economic systems, I'm not gonna spoonfeed you.

League doesn't cost $60

time = money
better game lets you get better cosmetics for less time = good value
shit game that gets boring after 2 days that can't go 2 minutes without losing connections lets you get worse cosmetics for more time = shit value

Reflect on this.

So? Stop being so entitled. We at Ubisoft are running out of cocaine and whores!

>Please explain how the length of time it takes to earn optional cosmetics correlates to the value the game provides to the consumer.
the barrier to obtain all of the cosmetics is completely unreasonable. both options for unlocking them requires a massive investment. so what ends happening is you'll always have cosmetics locked away, which means you are getting less compared to if the grind or pay wall was lower.
even if you should decide to buy all of them, it's still not a good value considering how other games handles cosmetics.
>I would argue that you're being unreasonably entitled.
again, considering how other games handle cosmetics, i dont see how. but please explain.
>No pay wall exists, you can earn every item in the game through playing the game itself.
while you can, most likely nobody will.
>you would be the extreme minority of people who actually want every single cosmetic in the game.
it doesn't even matter if someone doesnt want all of the cosmetics. it's still a horrible system.

NINJA WHEN

>nobody gives a shit about you

Ad hominem, good start.

>And yet, what does For Honor offer? Cosmetics that take longer to freely achieve than their free-to-play and $40 counterparts and are arguably of inferior quality.

Are you the same guy earlier who argued this same point about the quality of For Honor's cosmetics?

I'll say my response again if you are, as it obviously didn't get through to you the first time.

Your opinion does not equal fact.

I'll make one thing clear to you as well. Optional cosmetics are optional. You didn't buy these cosmetics with the game, and aren't required to run or play the game. You were never intended to be able to get the majority of the cosmetics quickly, as they are there to entice you to keep playing for a long time. If you have a problem with that, that's your opinion.

>you are only acting against yourself.

Oh look, I completely shit all over your argument you painstakingly typed out by simply pointing out where you were wrong. Maybe you should go join the guy above with the Bernie Sanders team (unless you are that same guy).

It's shallow

You are the one who is making a claim.

The burden of proof lies with you, friend.

>you can earn every item in the game through playing the game itself

In the same way you -can- clean an entire house with a toothbrush, it's going to long tedious and damn near impossible.

The multiplayer game market is utterly saturated now. People only have so much time.

>You didn't buy these cosmetics with the game

Well technically you did, they're already on the disc or included in the download, they just decided to put up an arbitrary pay wall for them.

You can repeat your tired old fallacies as long as you want. The judgement of value of a product in a market is a well-established approach. It is not opinion, it is fact.
For Honor is a $60 game. It offers less than what most $60 do. If it were free-to-play, it would offer above average value. As it is, it offers abhorrent value. If you cannot understand and continue to call consumers entitled for expecting certain value for certain price then there is no point in arguing with you.

>First, In For Honor, you have to reach Prestige 3 before you can get a character up to full 108 gear score
So, grindwall, yes. If I'm not mistaken you can pay for Champion status or w/e it's called, thereby getting more XP/Steel for your in-game time. So yeah, paying alleviates the grind wall, both for XP and for Steel which you can purchase directly.

>Second, only Elimination and Dominion have gear score enabled
There are 5 game modes which actually aid your progression in this game, Duel and Brawl are exempt from P2W, but both modes of Elimination and Dominion are not. 3/5 game modes use non-optional P2W gear. Customs are... custom of course but they also do not aid your progression, so the more you play custom the greater your disadvantage when you play one of the regular modes.

What's even worse is that ALL the game modes which can be played with more than 1 friend are stricken with the P2W plague. Want to play with 2 or 3 friends? Enjoy the 108 gear assrape. Also keep enjoying it every time you want to play a different character, since the grind is per-character, you don't just do it once.

>It really isn't hard to get gear score max
Like fuck. You need tens of games if not hundreds to get to 108 gear, fuck off. That sure as fuck adds up when you consider there are 12 characters in the game and if you want to switch you're going to get assfucked by the lack of gear once again.

>Just because you bought the game does not entitle you to the OPTIONAL COSMETICS they released with the game.
Fuck off, OP gear behind grind walls in a competitive full-price game isn't "OPTIONAL COSMETICS" like in DotA 2 or OW. For Honor is a turd because the greed got to Ubishit's head.

I have already offered substantial proof based on the connection between content, time, value and price in relation to standards in a market. It is your job to make a counter-argument, rather than dismiss my argument without saying why and asking for another one, even though I've already provided a viable one which you didn't bother to explain its invalidity on which you based your dismissal.

You ask of me to obey the rules of an argument yet you do not obey them yourself. Either you are baiting me, or you are extraordinarily unintelligent.

Ubisoft happened.
Look up Mighty Quest for Epic Loot if you want to see ubisoft going full greed.

whats 2005 expansion supposed to mean?

God, why do gamers feel so entitled to optional content? You paid $60 for the game and you got it. If you want stronger paid equipment or cosmetics naturally you have to pay for them or play for 1000 hours and leave a positive review, if you weren't a child you'd understand that nothing in this world is free.

Obviously, brb buying 200$ worth of ingame currency (no refunds when servers shut down in a week)

People have still paid way more than $60 in League and similar games.

For fucks sake, Dota 2 has $30 skins.