Sold 75k copies it's first week

Sold 75k copies it's first week.
Developer's claim the game hit 1 million sales late Febuary.

VGCharts says game barely hit half a million.

Dead on arrival?

Sources:
playstationlifestyle.net/2017/02/15/japanese-sales-chart-nioh-ps4-debuts-in-2nd-sells-more-than-75000-copies/

siliconera.com/2017/02/24/nioh-surpasses-1-million-global-sales-celebrates-golden-nioh-armor/

vgchartz.com/game/85912/ni-oh/

>>>vgchartz

>VGChartzzzzz

>3 threads

we get it pcbros you really want to play

>VGCharts says game barely hit half a million.

bro vgchartz are literally "numbers out of my ass".

So are Playstation's.

What does everyone think of the new content?

No

It sold 75k in its first week in Japan. I'm sure it sold better than that in Europe and North America.

But I already beat it. I'm asking if it's DoA or successful enough to warrant a sequel

I was so hyped for Nioh. It was like my dream game, souls set in edo period Japan. Then I played it. Fuck, man, it's so bad. They tried to copy paste souls without having any clue what makes souls good.

More of the same, gameplay is still boring regardless of new areas to explore

What makes souls good? The clunk?

No because Sony actually stands to lose everything if they lie to investors and the public finds out that its a lie.

It's so different from Souls though. It's your fault for wanting it to be a game it's not.

What make Souls good is the player is 100% control, they can wander off and do their own thing. They can play how they want to play, they can make the game easy and carefree by speccing a magic build, or making a tank build and poise through everything, or just summoning people. Or make the game hard by restricting themselves, not leveling, or not taking armor. The game is as hard or as easy as you want it to be. The souls games oozes atmosphere that allows the player to immerse themselves and genuinely enjoy the game.

Nioh alpha had this same sort of feel, you were in a world unexplored, fighting enemies you've never seen. There was depth in the combat and how you approached enemies, one mistake could be fatal so you were always on edge. You forget to ki pulse? You died. You mistime your swing? You died. Etc etc, it added some much needed tension to the game.

Then in each update they lessened that tension, all the way up to the point where it was gone. You can just run in die, run in die, run in die with no care in the world. Levels/Amrita doesn't matter. The game starts off easy, and gets easier as you level. Where in souls the game starts challenging and can get easier as you level but still retain that challenge.

Nioh made the mistake of letting their surveys make the game instead of making the game they wanted to make, that and they added no real enemy variety. Every enemy you fought in the Alpha and Beta is all the enemies you'll fight in the game except bosses, which is an obvious given. And with the bosses, most are just NPC invader type mobs who's ai can be manipulated just the same.

The game would have likely sold better if they stuck with their original vision.

The weight. The feel. The controls are responsive yet still feel like you're a little restricted by real life physics, or at least how it would be if it was real. And that's not even mentioning the pointless loot system, the retarded artificial difficulty, etc. It had a lot of potential. If they had just followed the industry standard controls for the genre it would have been a huge improvement, but it's like they wanted to change shit just to try and say it's completely unique.

Souls fans were the target audience for Nioh. Souls fans don't care if it's a blatant ripoff reskin, they just like souls games. That's all they had to do, but they couldn't do that.

New content?

>vgchartz

You guys have the shittiest taste ever, if there is only one amazing thing about nioh it's the combat you twats.

Wow

Is this whole thread just PC shitposters or something? If you had the game and had played it you'd know there are no new areas to explore.

That's a lot of talking for saying absolutely nothing.

>VGcharts

What are you trying to say? You are claiming what makes Souls good is build variety and limiting yourself to make the game harder. Both of these things exist in Nioh.

>Both of these things exist in Nioh.
But they don't.

When did this VGcharts meme start?

Yes the latest free patch added new enemy/boss rush type missions. I did them on way of the samurai and they were nice and challenging. I haven't tried them on way of the strong, but I get the feeling they will be very difficult.

Sounds more like you expected it to copy souls more than it did and it wanted to be its own thing instead.

Japan =/= World wide
and media create doesn't keep track of online or digital orders

FUCKING FALSEFLAGGER

There is not even new areas, while it's still more of the same. Dumb fucking Flamewar kids, i'll never understand you. You are probably the same kind of faggot that jet-shits and kys in GTAO.

In what way does Nioh not have build variety or ways to limit yourself? Does it literally force you to become more powerful whether you want it or not?

Yes they do how can you possibly make this argument.
>axe build
>2kat build
>kusa build
>etc
>magic build
>ninja build

And then obviously like any game with RPG elements you can restrict yourself by not levelling, not upgrading your weapon etc literally all the wqya you can limit yourselves in Souls.

I'm not even saying Nioh is better than DeS/DaS/BB those games are better IMO but Nioh has way better combat. It is better than the dark souls sequels but that's not hard to do anyway.

This game is in a weird place for me, I was fairly excited for it, but after I got it I was actually sort of disappointed. The combat is really cool, it has some really neat music, and at the start it's really fun to play, but about halfway through it gets really bland, the story is sorta so so, it has some cool shit in it but ultimately I don't find myself giving much of a fuck. The difficulty scaling gets old as well since the game is piss easy and since the enemy variety is so slim after a while increased difficulty literally just means fight larger groups of the same enemies, or fight the bigger enemies with these little elemental skull demons or other assorted small groups.

I dunno if it's just me but after a single playthrough I didn't have shit all to do, the coop is fun I guess, but I just don't have anything to do besides the "hey fight 2 bosses at once" missions. Is there something I'm missing for end game or is it only good for a playthrough?

>it's
>Developer's

This place is getting worse

But there is and you can user, it's easy to make varied builds and limit yourself in any number of ways, the game is a little boring I'll grant you that, but not for either of those reasons since both are possible in the game.

Played with a guy who had a TPS Build and only used Projectiles.

Was pretty Kino desu.

Momentum and feel are much better in Nioh. Combat is much more fluid too. The problem is that Souls games destroy Nioh in level design and enemy design.

I understand Nioh is baby's first souls game and is stupidly easy, but you can still limit yourself and play around with different builds; abiet not as diverse as the souls games

I was kind of the opposite. I played all 3 demos, was really skeptical and almost didn't buy the game, but It's been a lot of fun.

This, except I'm not sure what you mean by momentum, also I think the souls games win in the exploration aspect of things, nioh levels are repeatative as fuck and really linear for the most part.

Well I wouldn't say I didn't have fun, the game is cool, I just feel like it's missing something to me, and just starts to get stale after a minute, which sucks because the combat is so much fun.

>sales
Who honestly cares? It was a good game.

They legally cannot lie about sales. If they said it's a million, it's a million

Souls has far superior world design, but the only way I could ever enjoy Souls combat now is to somehow erase all memory of having played Nioh.

Played the whole game as a 2kat fag and the entire game was a joke.

square triangle tiangle -> r1+circle the entire game GG

not sure why this was advertised as hard

Endgame is basically Diablo loot grind and replaying with a different build. It will be better, hopefully, when PvP is added.

I think Nioh would have benefitted from being a pure action game. If they had taken the focus directed at the RPG elements and directed them strictly to the combat and making more enemies it would be reaching NG levels. Still a good game though I think it's a solid 8/10

Sales matter because we want a sequel.
I love Nioh's combat but hate it's content. I don't want to see it die because of the lack of sales.

Just now hitting a million 2 months after release is not good

Ehhh, I've been thinking about pvp and I think it's going to be trash personally. It's going to be all heavy armor for the no stagger on hit, and people cheesing the kusa for debuffs or mages using slow and junk, I just hope they make pvp seperate from the main game completely, so that you can do it when you want to, but nothing about it effects the main game, like nerfs and buffs and junk.

If it was a AAA western game with millions poured into marketing, maybe a million would be a flop.

>not as diverse as souls games
How so? The fact that every weapon has 10 times the moves and abilities of a dark souls weapon is a layer of diversity in itself. On top of that are all the weapon stats you can roll for, the different set bonuses available on armor as well. The game has a difficult learning curve but then it does become easy. Just like Souls though, the souls games are not actually that difficult. BB dlc is really the only souls content that remains difficult after having done it before, everything else is basically impossible to die after you have done it once unless you are retarded.

Nameless King is really when I started to realize how casual the majority of souls fans are. The dude is piss easy.

Game got progressively worse with each version of the game.
Game's only saving grace was combat, but enemies were so much of a joke you couldn't make full use of it unless you rock the lv1 dojo weapons in Way of the Strong (which isn't unlocked until AFTER you beat the game)
No enemy variety whatsoever. The same enemies you fight in the first 30 minutes are the only enemies you fight for the rest of the game.
Weapons and abilities (Dual Katana, Sloth) trivialize an already easy game due to how insanely strong they are.
Dropped Kurosawa's scripted post alpha, and just going with a generic save the princess story instead. Nothing wrong with the trope, it's just I was hyped for Akira Kurosawa's work. Big fan since Seven Samurai.

Game looked promising, but turned out to be mediocre.

I doubt it will be invasion style I'm sure it will be an arena type thing. All you have to do is counter that shit and cheese builds though. If they try the poise shit then just sprint in and attack and get out or try and get a parry off.

>company said it shipped a million
>literally world wide reports of nioh being out of stock every where on release

>big fan since seven samurai

Are you 80 years old?

returned it after I slogged through it. game became a chore around the 4th region.

>to be a fan of the film you must have watched on release date
>noone ever watches past cinema
Are you stupid?

>The controls are responsive

Post trashed within the first five words, that's gotta be a record. Every game, with the exception of DaS3 handles like ass, with massive input lag, bad command queuing and overall clunkiness.

>inb4 git gud
I finished every single game of the series (included BB) solo, and done SL1 on each and every one of them.

Nioh shits on all of them when it comes to gameplay.

>with the exception of DaS3 handles like ass, with massive input lag, bad command queuing and overall clunkiness.
Das3 had that though

sales figures seems like something that is quite illegal to lie about

Devs are probably telling the truth

The problem is

Where do vgchartz get their shit from?

maybe 2008

>1 Million
>bad

What was the budget?

>shit game sells like shit

more news at 11

>The leaderboards of any online game that VGChartz lists contradict their numbers
>They have no way of tracking digital sales so they use formulas (they said Skyrim sold 300k in its second week after selling 7 million the previous week lol)
>the companies themselves saying "LOL vgchartz"
>they will update their numbers after posting them online when the real numbers come out to look like they were right all along.

Stop posting their numbers, and everyone else stop falling for their shit

It feels like after Dark Souls 2, the sereis split off in two different directions:
The first went the way of atmosphere and level design, with combat designed to immerse you in the world. This comes at the cost of low framerates and shallow game mechanics, a story over gameplay kind of game. That's where we got Bloodborne.

The second went the way of refined gameplay mechanics and good framerates, gameplay designed to be very practical and exciting. This comes at the cost of atmosphere and level design, a gameplay over story kind of game. That's where we get NioH.
They're both really good games bu which one you like more depends on what you want out of a game.

Of course, the casuals on Sup Forums will always choose the game with a good story over the one with good gameplay....

>75,000 sales in JAPAN

That's really fucking good. Japanese sales are miniscule in the scheme of things.

nioh isn't part of the souls series user

I was just using it as a comparison, since that's the spicy hot meme for NioH

It's alright, Bloodborne shits on it though.

Nioh is the best selling Team Ninja game.

>Dropped Kurosawa's scripted post alpha, and just going with a generic save the princess story instead

They dropped Kurosawa script much earlier than that user.
By the time they revealed that at TGS there was not a single hint of Kurosawa in it

>good story over the one with good gameplay
that doesn't explain why Sup Forums loves Dark Souls II

kys and go play that trash game Nier.

>Bloodborne shits on it though.
>30fps
>only 3 builds
>short as fuck
>hardly any replayability
>chalice dungeons are a good concept but >defiled amygdala

It was really fun, I loved it

Why the fuck do you even care. You aren't making money off of it's sales. Did you play it? Did you like it? How awesome it must be to have so much free time to not only play a game but gripe and shit talk about the sales of a game people worked hard to make. If you actually cared about the money you would have a job,and maybe someone who wants you to fuck them, and hopefully enough free time to even get to play a game. You judge the accomplishments of those who strive to create, and poke fun at the sales of their art. You are a bad person and should feel bad

Dark Souls 2 has the best core gameplay of all the souls games
Now before you sperg out, think about it.
>powerstance
>most variety of variable builds
>largest variety within weapon classes, no two have the same moveset
>Stats have the most significant impact on builds
>Agility is a good concept because shields are very strong in DS2 and you don't need to dodge roll all the time like in 3, and the game is balanced around 85 Agility in the first place
>Souls memory isn't as terrible people make it out, it just has a bad rap because people didn't understand it.

You might have an argument with level design but I personally like the levels, I wouldn't say they are better than the rest of the series though.

stop making me laugh, faggot
I have a hernia

>no argument

He's right though DS2 at least is a different game

DS3 is just fucing DS1 with expansion update

What's there to understand about Soul Memory? It straight fucked what a lot of people loved to play these fucking games for.

ds3 is so much faster and more fluid than ds1

Soul Memory protects newer character from getting rekt by asshole who twink and instead funnels players into engagement that are much more likely to be fair instead of just awful curbstomps. The game even offered the ability to see which areas had players within your range on the bonfire warp screen via a gold border around the area picture.

In all of the bad ways

It should have been on pc.