DeS

>DeS
>DaS
>BB

So what will be the next spiritual successor? Direct sequel fags may not apply.

I don't care what it is as long as it's not Souls/BB related honestly. I'd love to see another Another Century Episode game, but I doubt we'll get it.

Sci-fi stuff
like H. R Giger stuff

I don't get you. You don't like action RPGs with unique multiplayer? What's wrong with you?

I myself really hope that their new game will be a souls game, but set in a new world and new setting, like Bloodborne was unique to Dark Souls games or Dark Souls was unique to Demon's Souls. They can do this.

Personally, I'm just completely burned out on that style of game from them and I know they can do more.

But will it be better? This is the question.
In the world of cinematic cutscenes and blockbuster movie plots their games are a breath of fresh air, I don't want to lose this.

Same. Maybe if there's a new coat of paint like sci fi or whatever, but if I see another sword-wielding dude in a grim castle I'm gonna fall asleep.

They really aren't that unique to each other, and while signs/invasions are fairly unique, the actual co-op/PvP doesn't really do enough that I would want to slog through another samey game for it.

I dunno, but I don't see how Bloodborne can be topped.

DS-1,2,3 are really different games though, my kind user

Back in the days I couldn't see how Dark Souls 1 can be topped. But here we have it, Bloodborne.

Switch exclusive called Shattered Bones

>soulshit
no thanks

Fuck that.
Hoping for a new Armored core announcement at this e3.

I really want a decent Cyberpunk or Blame! style successor. I'd love to see them combine Armored Core with Souls games.

Not different enough to feel like a new experience to me. I also find catching reused assets between games kind of distracting, as it just does more to re-enforce the fact that I've done most of this shit already.

We at least know that's being developed, the question is what the other game is.

that movie any good famalam?

Pretty good. I love Patlabor in general.

Hope you looking forward to he big budget Hollywood Patlabor comedy film Oshii wants to make.

Not him, but the OVA and first movie were pretty funny and from what I've heard Oshii's live action stuff isn't bad

Sounds like RPG isn't for you then. It's a lot of the same formula, start at the bottom and build up until you can finish the game. Switch between genres, that way you get a fresh set of objectives and challenges every time you play.

>Not him, but the OVA and first movie were pretty funny
Yeah, they were more comedic from what I can remember. Isn't the TV show the same way?

I haven't watched the show or the second movie yet, but I imagine the show at least must be.

All Patlabor material is good. Personally I think the first movie is better than the second, but the fanbase is pretty divided on that.

Some of Oshii's live action stuff is fucking great, pic related.

>tfw Tank Police gets no love.

Everyone forgot about my waifu.

a new King's Field like or horror game like Kuon with VR support.

The show is much more comedic and lighthearted than the movies. Still very good in my opinion.

Angel's Egg is his pinnacle.

I want a souls game with Angel's Egg themes - religion, flood, shadows, ancient fishes, fossils, ovulation symbols, etc.

>Angel's Egg is his pinnacle.
Not really. Angel's Egg is an art project, not a piece of entertainment. It can't be judged alongside his other works.

trow away the souls meme controls out the window
Let's go back to Mech games

WHRE IS MY METAL WOLF CHAOS 2 FROMSOFT?

I don't really see how you could work that into gameplay, but dark souls has always had a sort of imagery like that. There's even an angelic looking egg in the trailer for the new DLC.

>religion
in souls already
>flood
in souls already
>fossils
in souls to an extent
>ovulation symbols
I'm pretty sure some stuff like estus refer to menstrual cycles or something like that

Yeah, primarily that's why I want a souls game with Angel's Egg aesthetic

Fuck everyone asking for scifishit. I hate futuristic settings except for when they take a different approach like they did in FFX. The last thing I want is a bunch of industrial cities/ships and robots with laser weapons.

Fuck all of that. Give me a dark fantasy Arabian Nights game.

You're stretching it with the flooв and fossils.

Yeah I guess I see what you're saying, something like a war ravaged version of Yharnam might fit well

RPGs are my favorite games and I still play and enjoy new ones to this day. The Souls series just stagnated really fast.

A game set entirely in nightmare world where you have to find a way to enter the real world, where everything is even more terrible than in the nightmare

Souls games are not RPGs though, it is an action RPG with emphasis on battle system and world exploration, really differs from your average bioware/cd-project red RPG

Well no fuck, obviously. I play games like Nioh and DMC as well. The exploration is one of my favorite parts of the Souls games, but that alone isn't really enough to save it when they keep going through the same world archetypes.

But we're talking about different world and settings, but with the same (but improved) mechanics. Compared to DS1, DS3 has a lot to offer to world building and exploration, I can only imagine what they can do with a brand new world.

Ghost ship/pirate souls.