Hole fucking shit, PRO can't even hit stable 60fps with the PRO patch

Hole fucking shit, PRO can't even hit stable 60fps with the PRO patch.
Can someone remind me what's the point of the PRO console?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/durantes-dark-souls-3-port-analysis/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fake 4k you retard, that's basicly what they advertised it as
It still has a horrible CPU

This is 1080p.

#fortheGOY

Yes, beacuse they either go for fake 4k or try to go for 1080p 60 which doesn't work because of the shitty literal mobile CPU
Who the fuck at Sony thought it was a great idea to put tat into a "gaming" machine

i thought this was supposed to be the system to compete with mid tier PCs? how is it struggling with DS3?

>what's the point
Cash sonyggrs twice.

that's about 35 extra fps than the switch can hit.

WE DID IT SONYBROS SAY IT WITH ME

SONY
ALWAYS
WINS

Was DS3 well optimized on PC?

>50+fps
>struggling

Well, it was successful in making Microsoft waste tons of resources making and marketing something completely worthless to compete with it.

And it makes AMD lots of money.

45-50FPS is fine in busy areas like OP's image, much better fucking 25-30 on the regular PS4.

ill never play BB at 50 fps

oh well at least i was able to shove my pcmr flag in the dresser and enjoy it at 25

The CPU is bottlenecking. DaS 3 is CPU heavy for some reason. What's more worrisome is that they didn't give the option to choose locked 30 or unlocked, they just unlocked it and said, lol have fun with it. No optimization for PRO either. Just flipped a switch on the cap. On PC you can put arbitrary locks with mods, 30,45, 60 or maybe go beyond 60 but not tried it myself.

This is 1080p. DaS 3 only supports 1080p upscalled to 4K with unlocked framerate on the PRO

also, this IS bloodborne were talking about. to expect 60 was laughable to begin with

I'm running 60fps with a 770

only area it noticeably dipped for me was at Archdragon's Peak by its main entrance

so I'd say yes, also considering that it's packed with model detail far more than any of the previous games were

Yeah, being unable to hold 60fps just walking around an area and not even fighting a boss is struggling.

for

there is no reason its just marketing garbage but people will buy it anyway

The game still runs 1080p you insufferable retard
Dark souls got teh same lazy patch FF15 got, they only ticket the "pro flag" so the old game ode can use the hardware in a VERY unoptimized and brute forced way

You know, at least its an improvement. From doesn't know how to optimize shit for consoles. It may only be 49 fps but thats more than double what DS1 had back on PS3. They're actually learning

>Can someone remind me what's the point of the PRO console?
>Fake 4k you retard, that's basicly what they advertised it as
>The game still runs 1080p you insufferable retard

At least TRY to follow context.

Yoo doon goofed. Again. On your own volition.
PS4 was a fuckup with 24fps cinematic experience, but you had to trust Sony again and went for the PRO. Good goy.

>fake 4k
Learn to read

>From Shit game runs like garbage no matter the platform
Well I'm surprised.

This is not Nintendo you idiot.

>DaS 3 is CPU heavy for some reason.
It's not. I have a fX-6300 paired with a RX480 8GB and I can play the game on Ultra with stable 50-60fps in ANY areas aside from the fucking Lothric castle, where the fps just tanks to 45+.

Runs butter smooth on my pc tho.

>Was DS3 well optimized on PC?

It's ridiculously well optimized on PC, i'm actually surprised the PS4 Pro isn't able to nail a rock solid 60fps at 1080p. I wouldn't have thought it was a huge ask and consoles are far easier to optimize for than PC.

I guess these "pro patches" aren't nearly as straight forward to implement as one might expect.

>aside from the fucking Lothric castle, where the fps just tanks to 45+.
Yes and that happens because of your CPU. Durante did a technical review of the game, the PC version to be exact, and concluded that the bad performance in later areas is due to the CPU.

To add to this, it turns out that Dark Souls 3 is one of the few games that benefits from an i7, you'll do fine without it, but basically 4 cores seem to do better in general, so i5, AMD equivalents will are okay. It's just that it's not like other games where LOL CPU means fuck all where i3 with a Titan does the same as an i7 6 core + Titan.

pcgamer.com/durantes-dark-souls-3-port-analysis/

PS4 PRO's GPU should be able to do better than this, but the CPU let's it down.